• Published 13th Feb 2012
  • 4,502 Views, 42 Comments

The Assistant - gamemaster36



1000 years is a long time to find inner peace

  • ...
6
 42
 4,502

PreviousChapters Next
The Assistant: Meeting Fluttershy

Me, Applejack, and Twilight began to head to Fluttershy's house. Fluttershy seemed to live on the outskirts of town, near the forest I saw earlier. There was a path from Applejack's house to Fluttershy's and there were no other ponies that ever used it much. It was a perfect time to have a nice relaxing walk. That was until I remembered Twilight wanted me to answer her previous question.
“So?”, Twilight said in an impatient tone.
“Alright. To answer your question, I felt a twitch in my right forearm that had told me you had done as I asked.”, I responded to the curious purple Unicorn.
“What? Like Pinkie sense?”, She said in a surprised voice.
The words “Pinkie sense” made me figure out which one of her friends she was talking about quickly, as the name also seemed to match her hard pink color and name.
“You mean Pinkie Pie?”, I asked.
“Yes! She has a thing where she can tell when almost anything is about to happen! She doesn't know where she got it or how it works, but maybe you can explain it!”
She seemed very excited about finding out what this “Pinkie sense” finally was. I did know where I got my senses, but the Pink one might have a different story than mine.
“Well I got mine through hundreds of years training. I don't think Pinkie got it the same way.”
I look up at the clear blue sky of this planet as we walk to the yellow Pegasuses house. It was so peaceful to be on such a calm planet with few bad things happening.
“Well?”, Twilight said again in an impatient tone.
“Sorry, just thinking about the peacefulness that this planet has. It's not often I end up helping in a place like this.”
I look back down the path we were walking down. The trees were thick and huddled on the right side where the forest lay and the fields were so open and wide on the left. I continue my story.
“Anyway. I got mine through practice from a book I received from a dimension I had helped. The problem in their world was done, and the person wanted to thank me with a gift...”

“Wait, Assistant!”
I remember back to when I was preparing to leave the planet Galtek. It was a peaceful world full of nature and wise people. I was standing on a cliff, getting ready to teleport back to the area I wait for the boss to tell me where to go. I was about to go when I heard someone yelling to me.
“Huh?”
I look back to see Dante running towards me with a book. It was a steep hill to get to where I was standing. He finally made it to me almost out of breath.
“Wait... here. Take....this!”, He said with a shortness of breath between each word.
“What is it?”, I say as I look over the book. It looked ancient and worn down. There was a symbol on the book that I learned from the locals that meant “Sense.”
“It is an ancient book on learning senses!”, Dante said finally catching his breath.
“What do you want me to do with this?”
“I think from what you told me about your job, that you need some help to do it. This book can make you learn all kinds of senses!”
“Really?”, I said a little astounded at this idea
“Yes! I figure it could help you find trouble when it emerges!”
“This is great! Thanks Dante for the thoughtful gift.”
Me and my best friend hug as we know this will be the last time we see each other.
“It is time for me to go. This is goodbye Dante.”
“OK... well then good luck with the book and the tasks you have in the future!”
We part from each other and I began to glow a bright orange as I begin to ascend about a foot off the ground.
“Goodbye and have a good life Dante.”
With those words, I disappear into the cloud that surrounds me, and leave the planet forever.

“After that, I trained with the book ever since.” I say to Twilight and Applejack as I come back into the present time.
“Since then I have learned over five-thousand different kinds of senses and a couple different tricks to help me stop bad things from getting in the way of destiny. Like earlier you saw me blend in with my surroundings. One of many tricks I learned.”
Twilight and Applejack seemed stunned at the story they just heard. A dimension jumping superhero to them. A curse to me.
“What about Pinkie? How does she have senses?”, Applejack this time questioned.
“I will tell you after we talk to Fluttershy.”, I say pointing at the house.
The two were so caught up in the story that they didn't notice we were standing outside the Pegasuses house. It also seemed to be a0 tree like house with a giant bush looking roof, but with bird houses and animals in it. I just hope she isn't as sad as she was earlier.
“OK Assistant, what should we do?”, Twilight asked me as I begin to ponder the situation.
I quickly come up with a plan.
“Tell me. Is this one shy?”, I ask Twilight and Applejack.
They both nod at me.
“OK then. Applejack, go tell her about me and why I am here.”
“What? Why me?”, Applejack questioned a little shocked I chose her to do it.
“I am thinking she still might me upset over Twilight from earlier, and I know I will scare her, so you need to go in and comfort her and warn her of my presence.”
She seemed to understand fully after that brief explanation. With that, she tipped her hat to me and Twilight and walked up to the door. She knocked three timed before she entered and looked for Fluttershy.

“Can you tell me why Pinkie has senses while she is getting Fluttershy?”, Twilight asked to break the silence.
“Sure. Let's sit down though to rest.”
She nods in agreement. Me and Twilight walked over to a nearby tree and sit comfortably as possible.
“Now. From what you tell me, her Pinkie sense is a form similar to mine, is that correct?”
“Yes.”
“And she didn't study or have any idea where it came from?”
“No.”
“Well then...” I look up to the top of the tree in a deep thought. Finally I come up with the answer. “...she must be pretty lucky to be born with such a unique gift.” I look down at Twilight who is still waiting for the real answer. I just look at her, and shrug. She seemed disappointed at first, but instantly picked up.
“Thats OK. It's better to remain a mystery anyway.”, Twilight says as she smiles at me. With that, the door the the tree house opens as me and Twilight look over.

Applejack had convinced Fluttershy to meet me and let Twilight apologize. I thought it would be best if Twilight talked to Fluttershy first, so I quickly got up and hid behind the tree.
“What are you doing?”, Twilight asked confused as to why I did that.
“You go apologize first so she doesn't get to scared of me.”
She seemed to understand the logic behind it as I could hear her trot away.
“H-hey Tw-Twilight...”, I could hear Fluttershy say.
“Fluttershy. I'm so sorry for my yelling earlier. Please forgive me for placing such blame on the kindest pony around.”
With that, I peaked from behind the tree to see if she was accepting the apology or not. To my surprise, I see them hugging. The pure sweetness of this scene almost made me forget about the job at hand again, as I could see tears in both their eyes. I quickly looked away and hid back behind the tree.
“Alright, alright. Don't get your mane in a tangle. You have to meet The Assistant.”, I could hear Applejack trying to get them to focus.
“Right.”, Twilight began as I hear her hooves touch the stone path.
“Wh-where is this c-creature?”, Fluttershy said in the most nervous adorable voice I have ever heard.
With that I coughed to signify where I was as I walked out from behind the tree. Applejack and Twilight looked worried at the yellow Pegasus as I walked out. I had the same worry that she would become frightened and run into the house or the forest. I was wrong...
“OH! What an interesting animal!”, Fluttershy almost yelled as she flew over to me.
I almost lost my balance and fell over at the excitement of the adorable little pony. She was flying around me, inspecting my clothes and skin. She must love animals and must have thought I was an animal she could take care of. She must have all sorts of questions.
“Has Applejack told you about me?”, I asked Fluttershy.
“Oh, yes. But you just look so interesting to me. Do you walk on two legs all the time? Is that all the hair you got for your head? Why do you wear clothes?”
I looked over to see the shocked faces of Applejack and Twilight, stunned by the shy ponies outburst.
I just sighed at the excited little pony.
“I will answer those questions after we get Rainbow Dash.”

PreviousChapters Next