• Published 13th Feb 2012
  • 4,502 Views, 42 Comments

The Assistant - gamemaster36



1000 years is a long time to find inner peace

  • ...
6
 42
 4,502

PreviousChapters Next
The Assistant: Letter


I stop to find myself no longer in the city. I am back in Equestria. Half of me wonders how this happened while the other half already knows.
“Boss...”
He must have heard my thoughts and stopped me from acting on them. I realize it was foolish of me to think I could warn my past self. I must stick to the current problem. I sigh as I begin to walk back to Twilight's from the large field. It's not a long walk, but it was still long enough to start thinking about what to do next.
“So that portal made by Twilight and the lighting made me and Rainbow go to my home planet. But she changed to a little filly while I stayed the same.”
I continue to walk into the small town and head towards the direction of the tree house.
“The rift must have altered the interior time and space surrounding me and Dash. Maybe she has to stay there until she is back to her normal age?”
I look up at the sun. It barely moved from it's place from when I left both times. The time difference was pretty big. Rainbow's absence shouldn't worry to many ponies besides the other five of the elements. I look ahead to see I am closing in on Twilight's house. With ease, I open the door and duck in to find no one here besides Spike. I was surprised that Twilight wasn't here. I had told her to send a letter to the princess to tell of Rainbow. I guess she can do that later. Spike was doing his chores that he does everyday. He was standing on a ladder with a duster and getting rid of the gathering dust on the high shelved books. He stopped and looked over to me.
“Oh, hey Assistant! How did the weather spell go?”
I look up to him and shake my head.
“Not so well. Rainbow might not be back for a while.”
“What! What happened?”, He said as he slid down the ladder and ran over to me.
I look down at him. His eyes showing curiosity and fear for one of his friends. Spike was a prime example of a close friend.
“She will be... in another place for about two weeks or so.”
His eyes becoming less worried and more questioning.
“Why?”
I begin to walk over to the stairs and explain. Spike follows from behind.
“We were transported somewhere far away. I could come back, but Rainbow needs to stay there for a little bit.”
I look back at him. His worrying eyes about to come back.
“Don't worry. She will be fine where she is.”
“I hope...”

It was about an hour later as Twilight finally came back from wherever she had gone. I get up from my sitting position and head into the library. I see Twilight as she heads up the stairs.
“Where did you go?”, I ask her.
She looks over to me still with a gloomy expression.
“I went to tell the others that Rainbow won't be around for a little while. I didn't want them to start worrying.”
I simply nod at the smart act.
“Can you write that letter to the princess then?”
She then nodded as she called for Spike. Spike ran in with a broom in his hand as he stood in front of Twilight.
“Take a letter.”
Spike quickly pulled out a quill and parchment and began to write what Twilight said.

“Dear Princess Celestia,

Rainbow Dash is going to be gone for a little bit. She might not be back for about...”
She stopped and looked over to me.
“15 days.”, I respond to her obvious question.
“Right, 15 days.”, She continued.
“The Assistant said he will be making sure she is alright while she is in another dimension. I hope you respond to this with haste.
Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle.”
With that, Spike rolled the note up and began to blow it out the window. Twilight nods toward Spike as she looks over to me.
“Now what Assistant?”
I walk over to the balcony and sit down.
“Now... we wait.”

About ten minutes later, I sit on the balcony looking over the town when I notice a thing in the distance. It was a sparkly purple smoke that floating towards me. It continues and eventually comes to a halt in front of me. It then takes the shape of a parchment.
“It must be from the princess, but to me?”
With hesitation, I grab the floating letter. Twilight was to busy studding inside to notice me grab the note. I guessed this note was for me. I slowly open it to see what is inside.
“Dear Assistant,

I would like you to come and meet me and my sister. We need to talk.
Sincerely,
Princess Celestia.”

PreviousChapters Next