• Published 13th Feb 2012
  • 4,502 Views, 42 Comments

The Assistant - gamemaster36



1000 years is a long time to find inner peace

  • ...
6
 42
 4,502

PreviousChapters Next
The Assistant: Silent Ponyville Part 6

(Not Proofread)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes shot open from the darkness. My body seemed to refuse movement for a second before I gained full control. I sat up, flicked on my chest flashlight and look around. I was in a sort of small arena. The floor was entirely grated and in the middle stood a hanging body over a pit. I slowly get up and look over at the body. To my surprise, It wasn't a pony like the others. It was human and cloaked in the same sort of cloth as the pony bodies.

I took a step towards the body to examine it. Suddenly, the bottom of the hanging corpse ignited in a bright flash of flame. I stop in place and watch the body become engulfed in flames.
“What is happening!?”
My thoughts leave me as I hear my radio begin to emit loud cry's. I see something emerging from behind the fired corpse. I lose complete control of my body and freeze as the monster rounds the pit.

A large, four legged beast with no sign of eyes. It seemed to have some sort of large crack down the middle of its upper body. I finally come to my senses and unlock my body. I run around the opposite side of the pit to leave any contact with this thing away. The monster stops in its tracks and looks to be sniffing the air. I try my best to not make a sound as he does this.

It then stops and looks directly at me.
“Shit!”
The thing rounds the pit and heads directly to me. I turn and try to out run the thing. I am met with a wall. I turn and see the monster isn't close yet.
“There has to be a door somewhere!”
I begin to run against the wall in desperation for a door. The monster is quickly catching up to me. I reach into my coat and pull out my gun. I turn while still feeling the wall and fire at the monster. The bullets hit him as he lets out high pitched cry's. My hand grazes over some sort of banner.

I turn and to my relief, see a wide open door. It seemed to lead directly out to Ponyville, but something was off. The fog was completely black and the ground looked rotted and holey. The monsters steps grew louder and the radios static cry's grew as well. I quickly dash out the door and go to a full sprint towards the opposite direction of the monster.

I was running for about ten minutes before I saw a familiar light. A small glow was forming through the blackness ahead of me. It looked as though it was moving at a similar pace as me.
“Pinkie!!”
The light stopped and moved slightly against the fog.
“Assistant!?”
I finally make it over to her. She had a smile on her face at the sight of me. She looked awful! There were bandages on one of her front and back legs already absorbed with blood. There was a small gash on her head that was badly patched. She jumped up and grabbed me tight.
“Assistant! Please don't leave me again!”
“I never left Pinkie. I was.... I don't know what happened.”
“Huh?”
Pinkie lowered herself and backed away.
“What do you mean?”
“Uh, right now isn't the exact time for explanations. Kinda need to run!”
“Why?”
I was about to answer her question, when both are radios went off.
“You have a radio? When did you get that?”
“I uh, found it! Along with a gun and a flashlight.”
“A what and a what now?”
I lost all concentration on Pinkie's questions. Through the fog, I saw a deformed pony heading our way again. But that wasn't my biggest concern.

There were loud footsteps slowly making there way towards us.
The deformed pony was slowly heading towards us, but we just backed away slowly from it.
“What's that Assistant!?”
I stood silently as the footsteps drew closer. The deformed pony seemed to be trying to pick up speed, but it suddenly tripped. Out of nowhere, a large pair of teeth filled lips closed around the pony and devouring it in one bit.
“WHAT IS THAT ASSISTANT!!!”
“Run!”
We immediately begin to run from the monster. The ground seemed to be getting thinner as we ran.

The monster seemed to be running faster then before. It's pace almost matching mine and Pinkie's. The monster seemed uncoordinated though. It tripped a couple times attempting to speed up. Me and Pinkie try to focus a head as the monster becomes more distant. Me and Pinkie then come to a grinding halt.

“No.....”
There were giant metal bars sticking straight up and through the only way away from the monster.
“What do we do now Assistant!?”
I start feeling the bars. They were locked tight and impossible for me to move.
“Over here!”, Pinkie yelled.
There was a hole big enough to squeeze through.
“Way to go! Now hurry!”
Pinkie complied and immediately jumped through. The monster was drawing dangerously close. I ran over and slowly began to slip through.
“Hurry Assistant! It's almost here!”
I get slowly try to slip through without getting caught. The monsters face emerging through the small amount of visibility. It's mouth wide open as it gets closer to me. I am almost completely through.

The monster collides with the gate sending me flying from the hole. I make contact with the ground and roll for a little bit. I come to a stop face up and in intense pain. I reach for my injured arm and rub the sensitive area. I slowly get up in searing pain as I rise and walk over to Pinkie. She was completely focused on the monster. It continued it's assault on the bars. A crack seemed to be heard with every ram. The monster attempted one last hit. Suddenly, the ground beneath it swallowed it whole. It flailed it's legs as it fell down into a pit of nothingness. The radios finally shutting down there static cry's.

Pinkie walks over to the bars and looks down. The hole seemed to be getting larger and pulling the other side of the bars down with it.

“Having fun Assistant?”
That voice immediately catching my ears. I turn to see him standing there.
“You call this fun!?”
“Well to me, yes! To you? I couldn't care less.”
“Well I ain't exactly in perfect shape right now!”
“Uh, Assistant?”, Pinkie interrupted.
I turn to face her.
“What!?”
“Who are you talking to?”
I look back to him. He just smiles
“Yes Assistant, who are you speaking with?”
“You shut up! I don't care for your plan! It will never work!”
“Plan? What plan? This is just a game.”
I become enraged. I reach into my coat and pull out the gun. I aim it directly at his head and fire. The bullet goes right through him as if he was made of smoke. I continue to fire, every bullet going through his body. The gun finally only making small clicking noises.
I throw the gun at him, but it just phases through him like the bullets.
“WHY ARE YOU HERE!?!?”
His smile intensifies. He begins to laugh at my anger and disappears.
I become extremely agitated from the shear sight of him. I fall to my knees in defeat.
“It's over for me....”
Then, I feel a small touch on my shoulder. I lean my head down and look over. It was Pinkie. She just looked at me with sorrow.
“Don't worry Assistant, we will fix this.”
I look back down at the ground in front of me.
“It's not the situation I am angry at. It is.... him....”
“Who?”, Pinkie asked.
“..... Wait! Where are we?”
Pinkie becomes distracted as I do at the sudden realization. We were no longer in Ponyville. The Fog was lifted and there was a dirt road with rocks all over. The road lead to a house surrounded with rocks.
“It's my old home!”, Pinkie yelled.
“But how could we be here? The farm isn't this close to Ponyville!”
I finally regain my emotions and begin to rise.
“Only one way to find out.”

PreviousChapters Next