• Published 11th May 2013
  • 6,171 Views, 493 Comments

Steel Rain - ShadowHunter241



First Lieutenant John "Aquila" Killinger was on a less than routine patrol flight, when he was somehow teleported to a different planet. Little does he know, he is the last hope for the inhabitants of this strange world.

Comments ( 20 )

Welcome back, looking forward to seeing more.

IT LIVES!

Dang this story is ancient

Changed rating to "M" because language. Better safe than sorry.

What about the gore, violence, and death tags? What are they for? How bad will it get?

10115763
Thanks! I'm looking forward to finally getting back to writing.

10115792
She do. Was on life support for a bit, but she finally came back around.

10115882
You're telling me. It feels like it was just yesterday that I started it, but then I see the timestamps and they make me feel old. IIRC, I think I started it back when Season 4 was being released, and the whole "Alicorn Twilight" thing was still big.

10115899
Well, there was that whole "manticore rampaging through town" thing. But if you think about it, it's an A-10. The A-10 was designed specifically to provide close air support against armored vehicles, of which there are none currently in Equestria.
So how well do you think an army of sword and spear wielding (REDACTED) fare, hmmm?

Welcome to the military, you have x amount of days till you receive your DD214. Good luck

10116113
Approximately 1,046 days, if my math is correct and I don't reenlist. I do love my job, so I very well might.

10153410
You said ya went to basic for what branch of millitary

10153809
Ah, that'd be the Air Force

10153902
Ah ride on everyone wanted me to go that route but I went usmc

10153918
Nice. The Marine Corps was my 2nd choice if the AF didn't work out, but I'm glad it did.

Had some Jarheads in my class at tech school*, and they said that the best thing about the Marines was being able to be called a Marine, everything else sucked.


* I went to tech school to become a firefighter, and there's only one fire academy for the whole DOD, so every branch goes there.

10153935
That's cool yea I'm still at my mos right now but I'll be at airwing when I'm done sucks the base is on lock down for this virus though

I am Rereading this for the umpteenth time and really hope you continue it at some point. Great story

while the story seems to be somewhat neglected, I'll still give it a shot.

Welp, now all that's left to do is wait and hope the author decides to continue this......

please continue, this is one of the few stories about a a-10 warthog and Blackhawk in equestria that is more than on page long and is humans rather than ponies controlling them and is actually good

Login or register to comment