Twilight's Library 4,833 members · 6,262 stories
Comments ( 258 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 258
arcum42
Group Admin

Since the incoming folder's closed at the moment, why doesn't everyone post their own fanfics they want people to read here, and other ones they want to promote here? It'll keep everyone occupied till things are back to normal.

I'll post my own later, as I'm low on time at the moment...

Shamelessly Pander? Dont mind if I do!

Hi! I'm Lapis-Lazuli, and I write too much! How much you ask? I wrote a 150k word fanfic in less than a month. BUt enough bragging!

I'm currently working on two series' at this time - One of them is a trilogy, which is currently in its second part - The other is a more open ended 'AltVerse" which I have just recently completed the first part of! I've also written a one-shot Octavia/Scratch romantic clopfic! Why dont you swing by these elegant and finely crafted links to go give them a looksee?

The Shadow Trilogy
Part 1 - The Twilight Struggle
Part 2 -In Progress! The Twilight Fall <-Contains NSFW adult material.
Part 3 - Still to come!

The Code Verse
The Code's Apprentice <-First fic in the series, and establishing fic!
Musical Relations <-Octi/Tavi as sisters romance / clop fic, set before the events of the first fic! A sequel is currently in the works!

There's going to be a sequel to Code's Apprentice coming soon, and a side story coming even sooner!

Hope you enjoy!

Well I've never been one to turn down prrrrromotions!

The Last Equestrian Princess

Synopsis: This is the story of seven friends and the years that conspired to keep them apart.

Princess Twilight Sparkle, last and greatest of the Equestrian Princesses, has loved more and lost more than anypony alive. At the end of everything, as she looks back on nearly one thousand years of rule, she remembers all the things she learned from the ones who meant the world to her.

This is her story; the story of a thousand year road paved with good times and bad that finally led her back to the friends she loved more than anything.

Author's notes: Less of an "emocorn" fic and more of a study of the effects time can have on a person. This is Twilight's story and reign from her coronation to the end of her life and all of the ups and downs that come with it. It's a story about saying goodbye and what you learn when friends leave you behind. Sad in parts but ultimately working towards a happy ending

Hmm, I like shameless self-promotion. :twilightsmile:

Oh, and I seem to have dropped The Eclipsed here. It's probably not a piece of art but I put a lot of time and effort in it.

Cool. I'm all up for this kind of jazz.

Dragonica Omnibuses Saga
Part 1 - Blowing Through the Pages
Part 2 - Summit of the Windigoes
Part 3 - The Final Branch of Harmony

Equestrian Earth the MMORPG
Found right here.

and finally, a story with no plot twists what so ever.:trollestia:
Beyond the Camera

For any of you who like a little bit of Equestrian history, or who just like a Granny Smith fan fic I present to you The Private Scrapbook

Shameless promotion? Really? Well then...
I have, a fic that is actually the sequel to a fic that made it's way into this group.
Life of a Broken Pegasus
and also a couple of oneshots I wrote a little while ago
Moonlit Prison
The Tale of Written Paradox
and I have a new fic coming out soon, it's gonna be a twiluna ship fic
all of these, with the possible exception of Moonlit Prison, are part of my own little alt universe I'm writing

The Call to Harmony

Not currently working on the next chapter to do a few one shots since those seem to work out better than CtH is, but I might be inclined to work til it's complete.

Alright, here's my story, Birthday Wishes, a Sad/Slice of Life story about Scootaloo before the events of the show.

Oh fuck me. My stories don't even stand a chance here.
Meh. What the hell, I can't possibly lose anything by posting here.

Of Olden Times Long Past: An Introvert's Perspective
Synopsis: Times change, and so do ponies. A year ago, Princess Luna was only but a tiny filly.

But now... A different form has been made for her, one which doesn't resemble the pony who a year earlier, just came out with redemption.

A lone, introverted individual has made note of this.

Yet no one seems to know what his problem with it is exactly.

Time shall flow, time is woe.

Soon, destiny shall forge bonds to cherish forevermore.... Or to utterly humiliate and demoralize for eternity.

You too, might contribute to this destiny, for even the smallest of actions can create the most memorable events.

Shall you turn the page? Or will you remain in darkness?

Seek the Light....

Annnd my AppleFire shipping fic. If you have no idea what the hay in Tartarus that is, it is due to being a Spitfire x Applejack shipping.

Here.
Farming in the Icy Inferno

Shameless self-promotion? I would never do something like that :ajsmug:
However, if anyone would like to check out my stories, here they are, shame free:

Luna's Sandwich
Which tells two stories of Luna and Celestia and a bunch of peanut butter sandwiches

My nameless trilogy
A FIlly's Heart
Forever in my Heart
I Give You my Heart
Three stories of romance, the first depicting Luna's first Heart's and Hooves day as a young filly, the second takes place on the Hearts and Hooves Day after Luna returns from exile and she reunites with her very special somepony, and the third takes place on Hearts and Hooves Day four or five years later (I can't remember which). I do have to warn that this is a OC ship (I put the warning here because I know that there are some people out there that don't like OC ships)

And lastly,
The Marvelous Misadventures of Shining Armor and the CMC
Twilight accidentally turns Shining Armor into a blank flanked little filly and he has to live with her, pretending to be her little cousin, Gleaming Shield, while waiting for her to perfect a spell to change him back. While all of this is going on, the Cutie Mark Crusaders decide to recruit the new "filly" into their organization and join them on their adventure to find their cutie marks.

Adversity

The Royal Guard is the force that ensures the safety of all creatures living inside Equestria's borders. Everyone in Equestria admires their strength and courage. They stand strong and resolute as Equestria's first line of defense against the many threats to her sovereignty and to her rulers. Sadly, the glory days of the royal guard are now past; both the Solar Guard and recently reformed Lunar Guard a fragment of what they once were.
Awaking from a near-coma state brought on by a devastating injury, Oak Leaf proceeds to follow his half-remembered goal of joining the Royal Guard. However, as the earth pony’s fractured memories begin to reassert themselves, doubt is cast over his motives. In the face of a rising threat, the Royal Guard hardly has time for such hesitation. But would they want him anyway, considering there hasn't been an earth pony in the Royal Guard for over three hundred years?

I can get behind shameless self-promotion.
I present to you my story Sunset of Time
The wheel of time turns, as destiny and history clash together.

Fifty years into the future, Sunset Shimmer is Princess Twilight Sparkle's most faithful student. She is smart and eager, but doesn't always think things through. Her life had been perfect, right up to the End of the World.

With a ruined future, Sunset travels into the past to alter the course of history. With only her mentor's cryptic word to go on, Sunset and the Elements of Harmony must solve the riddle of the Dark Regalia and stop the mysterious Vesper Radiance from rising to power. But the further Sunset goes, the more she feels like she's been through it all before.

Is destiny set in stone, or can Sunset shape her own future? Only time will tell.

I shall now, in the paraphrased words of YouTube Let's Player Jesse Cox, advertise like a shameless word-that-starts-with-W-that-I-prefer-not-to-simply-say-in-a-forum-post.

My one story to date is An Unearthly Filly, an MLP:FiM retelling of the very first Doctor Who story, featuring Cheerilee and Big Macintosh in the place of companions Barbara Wright and Ian Chesterton (which one's which tends to flip depending on the scenario) and a semi-OC in place of Susan.

Since we're shamelessly self promoting, it got a recommendation on TV Tropes.

It'd take too long to list 14 stories, so here, knock yourselves out (if you want).

All my stories

arcum42
Group Admin

Alright, I did promise that I'd promote my own fanfics here. Here's one of the things I do when I'm not running the group...

These are my current two ongoing multichapter fanfics:
Just Winging It:
After a medical exam, Scootaloo was given the news that she only has a 20% chance of ever being able to fly. Her aunt may be willing to accept that diagnosis, but Scootaloo isn't willing to accept her fate, and is determined to fly by any means possible, no matter what risks it may bring.
Set in the same universe as "On a Rainy Day", though reading it isn't necessary.

Cubic Zirconia:
Diamond Tiara has always enjoyed picking on the Cutie Mark Crusaders. But one day, she finds she's gone too far, and everything for her comes tumbling down. But help may come from the most unexpected of places...

The latter is actually my newest one, with only one chapter up. It seems to be getting a good response, though.

And here's a oneshot that seems to be my most popular story so far:
Making Friends:
The Noble Sir Rocinante has been turned into a frog, and the Lady Belle and her faithful squire have gone on a quest to Frogbury Pond to save him!
Or possibly Sweetie Belle is just really bored and lonely, and looking for something to do...
Takes place prior to the start of the series.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

She Wants To Know What Love Is -- a cute story about Twist asking for advice about romance. She has a special somepony in mind, but wants to know what she's getting into. She gets words of wisom from Rarity, Princess Luna, and other ponies.

Dude, I Am So HiE Right Now -- a demented parody of Human in Equestria clop stories. Contains obscure references, general silliness, and sex that defies science. Not safe for fillies, colts, human children, most workplaces, most religions, or anyone who doesn't have a sense of humor.

941044>>941070>>941077>>941100>>941119>>941120>>941128>>941180>>941252>>942677>>942683>>942793>>963326

Hello everypony.

This first story I'm not promoting, because it's my most popular anyway: A Secret Thrice Unconnected.

But it's required reading for the sequel, which I am promoting: A Heart Full of Rainbow.

I hope to see some of you there!

I bet none of you guys have seen anything like this:
Blind

My most popular story to date.

<3 DarqFox

941044>>941070>>941077>>941100>>941119>>941120>>941128>>941180>>941252>>941253>>941283>>941369>>941436>>941509>>941531>>941903>>942633>>942677>>942683>>942793>>943115>>963108>>963326>>1453241>>1454166
...You asked for this.
The Ballad of The Next Adventure (poem)
The New Gods (unfinished saga)

...Shameless.:twilightsmile:

Why do people keep tagging me?

Okay. First I must do my duty and promote everything by Sharaloth, my current favourit author who needs more love. Especially Harmony Theory.

Then, for my own stuff, An Earth Pony's Guide to Magic is already in, but it's just the first of a series.

Second is More than Forty Blinks which is complete.

Third is Star Swirl and Stripes Forever which is currently in progress.

Hello there, everyone! I'm fairly new to this group, but since we're all going for free promotion here, I thought this would be the best place to say hello!

I'm Fire Soul (obviously) and I'm a chronically lazy writer. Well, that or chronically distracted. Seriously it doesn't ta-ooh, music!

Ahem. Anyways, I've already completed one particular work that I'm fairly proud of for a first attempt, and I'm currently working on the sequel to it as well as a second writing project, with a writing partner no less!

Taming the Rage - Complete
Sequel - Still working out the details of the beginning, most important plot points already figured out

Harmony on the Winds - Still working on it, but it's going great!

Mostly, I'm just worried about Harmony on the Winds thus far. The reception for it has been nowhere near as big as the reception for Taming the Rage was. I had so very many readers for that one, but this one, well....pff, maybe two percent of the previous amount? Mostly I'm worried about my co-writer, I think it's unfair to her that she'd work as hard as she did and get almost no recognition by comparison.

I'll take a look at them and see if they meet the requirements. Doing two fics is a cake walk. As for your concerns it happens.

Figured I'd stop in and shamelessly promote my fic. :ajsmug:

Beat to Quarters - It's an alternate universe fic set during the Equestrian version of the Age of Sail. It's gotten a pretty good reception so far (two of my personal favorite authors fave'd it) and I'd like to get it out in front of more readers. An update is planned for tomorrow, tentatively.

Hope you read and enjoy!

Hi there! I just happened to write my very first fan fiction the other day and I want to share it with everypony!

It's called Gone and is about Luna and Nightmare Moon, specifically how Princess Luna became the creature Nightmare Moon.

I hope you all read and enjoy it!

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

You like cute fillies. Don't try to deny it, I know you do.
That's why I think you should read Special Talents.
(The next chapter I publish will be about Twist.)

It's a shamelessly overdone concept, but I don't care because I wanted to do it and do it my way, and I worked darn hard on adding some cool illustrations to P-Theory.

arcum42
Group Admin

I posted the next chapter of Cubic Zirconia today. It also has Twist in it...

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

Can never have too much Twist. Guess I'd better add that story to my immense Read Later list...

arcum42
Group Admin

It has Silver Spoon in it, too, if that helps. Of course, Diamond Tiara is the main character. (I may have mentioned planning a chapter called "Twist & Shout" at some point. This is the one.)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I submit for your perusal my first foray into writing: Wish Upon a Supernova.
I'm always looking for ways to improve, so any comments or criticism I welcome wholeheartedly!

At the very least, I hope it brings a smile. :twilightsmile:

Mwhahahaha! As I wait for some of the admins going through it, I shall promote my story!

Under the Sun's Wings

Why read this story, well first it has a badass cover art!

Not good enough eh? Too worried about the dark tag? Fret not! It is not what you think! (There is NO GORE OR VIOLENCE, the "Dark" refers to feelings of hopelessness) Here are some people's comments who were afraid at first at the dark tag.

Feather Duster, we will meet again :ajsmug:

You were right, oh you were so right, now this is a story I can read! Interesting concept, settings, characters and moments, and it seems to be just the beginning of something much bigger, much greater, stupid ass dark tag trauma, you were withholding this piece from me :raritydespair:

But I have one big question: Why a male Celestia? Sure I read your notes on the story, but they leave out the reason for that choice, so why?

Here is what one admin said at first:

Could you check it out? I'm not big on stuff with the Dark tag.

But then, he was like:

I really, really like this so far, make no mistake about that. Before I can approve it for Twilight's Library, however, it needs a fair amount of polishing -- and I can help you with that, if you like. None of the errors that I see are really big ones, but they're pretty frequent. Once we get rid of the rough edges, I think this is going to be spectacular.

We can ignore that part of the quote....:trollestia:

Not good enough? Want more reviews? Well FINE THEN!

This is certainly different. And the premise seems very interesting. Will keep an eye on this.

She is sooo adorable! :rainbowkiss:

That picture is the real clincher on this chapter. I'd have to be a heartless ghoul to resist the temptation to run over and hug that sad pony forever.

Wait,this is a scrap story you say??? No,no,no this story is just brilliant.

I just hope the chapters can be a lil bit longer :)

Really,this is a good story

I've been fence-sitting while I followed this but now you have my upvote.

More reviews? Well POPPYCOCK! I am too lazy to post more.

And who is that pony people want to hug? Does that mean there is a picture? Hmmmmm? Guess you have to read it to find out!

Go shameless promoting!

PS: I was really bored so I deiced to do this lol.

How do you make Twilight a major character when it's impossible for her to speak 75% of the work? Like this.

Okay guys, I have written five chapters for my story: Twilight's Pupil and I would really like it if somepony could give me some constructive criticism on some of the more recent chapters. Also, I would like it if somepony just read it but that's besides the point.

Here's the synopsis:

It's been over a decade since Twilight Sparkle was crowned as a princess of Equestria. Princess Celestia thinks that it's time her student start a new journey. She gives Twilight the responsibility of having her very own pupil, she must care for and teach the chosen filly. However, choosing a pupil isn't as easy as it sounds.

Is Princess Twilight Sparkle ready for the challenges lying ahead?

So if you're interested go and give it a read. I would really love somepony to give me some feedback. :raritywink:

- Crystal Secret

I love some promotion, now that I know how to write.
Code: Pony Evolution
Synopsis:
Twilight just became princess. Of what, you may ask?
Well, that hasn't quite been decided. Celestia, in her (not quite) infinite wisdom, decides to send her out with her friends to explore the multiverse.
(It's a Code Lyoko: Evolution crossover)

Shameless self-promotion? Well, okay...

I'm going to promote "A Historical Pun", then.
It's a short one-shot I came up with yesterday and wrote in a few hours.
If you have ever been curious for a reasonable explanation of just why a town would be called "Ponyville", I believe I might have finally found it.
Also, finally a story with Applejack's great-grandparents.

Hey, why not? My story isn't getting much attention at the moment.

The Return of Mr. Bun Mr. Bun being named after Susie's toy rabbit in Calvin and Hobbes) is my latest story, and it's about Fleur coming to Ponyville to meet, Fluttershy, her hero from the modeling circuit (who she had never spoken to before), and her friend Rarity (mostly Fluttershy, to Rarity's frustration) and during her stay, her life changes. It's far from done, but the positive response in the ratings is encouraging me.

LuminoZero
Group Admin

My second chapter is currently being ripped apart by my proofreaders, but I invite you to take another look into the high society of Canterlot with.

30 Days of Temptation

It's just getting started, but I have a lot of plans for this one, and here is hoping it goes over well.

Cheers!
-Lumino

Shameless self-promotion? Sounds right up my alley.

I'm currently working on Through A Glass Darkly.

Originally conceived as a sort of moral inversion of the show, Darkly reimagines Equestria—without the Elements of Harmony. Nightmare Moon was able to defeat Celestia and plunge the world into a thousand years of night. Now, as Celestia returns, this world's versions of the ponies we all know are being thrown into conflict.

I've tried to avoid the tropes of AU fiction and take a serious look at how things might have changed. That it generally results in the characters being badasses is a pleasant side effect. I'm not even kidding.

Just thought I'd toss something in for shameless promotion. :heart:

Closing Time is a short piece that takes a look at the market ponies, in particular the tomato merchant, after the events of the market scene in Putting Your Hoof Down.

I hope people enjoy it! :twilightsmile:

Comment posted by Cryosite deleted Dec 6th, 2013

This Chronicle of Equestria would answer everthing of what really happened to Equestria in the ancient time.
The history of tragedies, lessons and adventures.
Spare sometimes to read it! :pinkiesmile:

I'd love to promote my new story,
Mutant
It's about the implications of creating magic ponies!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 258