• Published 15th Jan 2013
  • 2,014 Views, 65 Comments

Enter The Dragon (Spike's Story) - Stratocaster



Spike is determined to become a martial artist.

  • ...
5
 65
 2,014

Spike Vs. Yang

Chapter 7: Spike Vs. Yang

"Sneaking out amongst the temple grounds, dragon?" mocked Yang as he approached the intruders. "I take it the accomodations were not to your liking?"

Spike stood his ground. "Stow it, Yang. Your little slave drive is over. These ponies are coming with us."

"That's a shame." Yang continued. "And here I though you would be such a promising champion. I should've known my brother sent you here destroy my operation. Oh well, easy come easy go. Although, I'm afraid you won't go very easy at all."

The mares within the glass cells cowarded as their abusive owner stared down their rescue.

"Spike, what do we do now?" whispered Fluttershy, nervously.

"And Miss Fluttershy," said Yang. "You showed much prowess in the arena. It is also unfortunate that I have to ban you from my island now."

Pausing, Fluttershy searched her mind for the right words to sound brave. "Um, I'm not leaving without my friends." She said firmly.

"In that case," grinned Yang. "I suppose you won't mind staying for some more combat."

With a tap from their boss's hoof, several of the guards immediately swarmed Fluttershy and seized her. "You're coming with us, lady."

But the pegasus was pushed to her last nerve as the thugs crowded her personal space. "Don't...touch...my...wings!" She managed to shake off one of the guards, throw him forward over her head, and kick him clear across the cell chamber.

"Take her down!" ordered Yang.

Fluttershy broke out in rage as the rest of the goons closed in on her. "You want a piece of me, dirtbags?!"

Like a bug zapper in a swarm of mosquitos, Fluttershy began knocking out guards left and right. One by one, the nameless henchmen were hurled out of the bunch by her yellow light speed hooves. Spike watched from afar and knew he had to take action.

"I'm coming, Fluttershy!" he said as he prepared to enter the fray. But his path was instantly blocked by his nemesis.

"Actually, Spike," said Yang deviously. "You and I still have some business to take care of."

"What are you playing at, Yang?" retorted Spike.

"It seems you have become quite smitten in one of my hoofmaidens; the white unicorn over there. As it happens, she is also one of my best servants."

"She is nopony's servant! She's a dear friend and the love of my- eh, uh, ahem, she's a very dear friend."

"I see how protective you are. Why don't we make this a little fun with a duel? If you win, you and your enchanting friend will go free. But if I win, she's still mine and you will be imprisoned on this island for the rest of your life; that is until we can find something else to do with you. What do you say, dragon?"

Spike remained silent. He knew this was not a battle he could ever win. But one glance at a concerned Rarity, standing in her cell with a sullen face, was enough to restore his confidence. "Alright, we'll duel." He said simply.

"Spike, don't!" fretted Rarity. "I've seen him train in his study before. He's much too strong!"

"Don't worry, Rarity," said Spike, in over his head. "He doesn't seem so tough to me." He then turned back to the crime boss. "Bring it on, old man! I'm going home with my girl and there's nothing you can-"

But in a split second, the dragon was launched backwards by a ramming red hoof, sending him careening into the far wall.

"Spikey!" shrieked Rarity.

He lay in a dizzy state as he tried to regain his now shaken vision. It was then that Spike finally started to notice Yang's surprisingly well toned muscles. With a spit on the floor, he spoke at last. "You...you didn't even bow first?"

"There is no mercy when I'm in the ring." Yang cackled as he stepped closer to his challenger. "Come, make a move already."

After dusting himself off, Spike stood up and regained his composure. He then charged off toward his foe with a clenched fist ready to strike his first blow. But the fist was effortlessly batted away by Yang who then shot an upward kick to his chin. Spike actually flipped through the air a few times like a baton before landing hard on the floor.

He gurgled as he lay there on his belly. "Ugh, I am already in a very large amount of pain!"

"Spike, hold on!" Fluttershy called over. But the gaggle of guards hindered her from helping her endangered friend. She continued to kick and punch here and there.

Yang chuckled evily and lifted the dazed dragon's head. "Come on, Spike, what happened to that talent I saw in the arena?"

"You staged that fight!" hissed Spike.

"Oh yes," he smiled. "So I did. You should be lucky I didn't have Polo snap your spine. You wouldn't have had the privilege of letting me do it. Now stand up and take your beating."

Panting, Spike wiped the blood from his mouth and wobbled to his feet once again. It took a moment to get his balance back, but he still managed to swing another fist at Yang. Surprisingly, he actually made contact with the stallion's face; but it didn't do justice. Yang only looked as though he had been punched by a teddy bear. Amazed by the middle aged pony's strength, Spike prepared for another try. He swung his foot in a roundhouse kick to his opponent's leg. But Yang's muscle toned thigh only absorbed the blow from the kick. The smiling crime boss offered him one more try as he kept himself from laughing at the dragon's futile attempts.

Spike grunted as his temper grew. On his third desperate try, he leaped into the air to hopefully land a side kick right in Yang's face. But his chance was instantly shot down as Yang knocked him out of his leap with a straight punch to the chest. And before he could land, Spike was given a swift kick to the stomach, another to the ribs, and one more punch to the temple, all while he was still airborne. As he lay on the floor once again, recoiling from the onslaught, Yang stood over his pressing his hoof on his already battered chest.

"I don't think you understand, dragon," he sneered. "Nopony has ever beaten me in a Tail Kwon Do sparring match. You should have turned down my offer to fight; I might have let you leave my island with your bones intact. But now it's too late. These mares aren't leaving this island and neither are you. I am unstoppable!"

Spike weezed as he clawed the floor trying to get up. "I'm...not...giving...up..."

"So be it."

Yang finished his words with a ruthless kick to Spike's spleen. From then on, Spike attempted again and again to get up and retaliate. But Yang would always inflict more pain on his meager body, with a punch to the eye here, a kick to the shin here, an elbow to the back there, and so on. Rarity could only watch in horror as her little dragon was beaten to a pulp.

"Spike, no!" she cried.

After a few more minutes of pummeling, Yang finally took a break from his workout and let his victim lie. Spike moaned in agony as he rolled over on his underbelly, no longer able to stand. He spit out a loosened fang as he struggled to speak.

"Fine, go ahead," he weezed. "Beat me up all you want. I don't care if you break every bone in my body; I've failed as a martial artist. But please, I beg you, at least let Rarity go free. I can't stand to see her imprisoned like this. She means so much to me. Please, do what you want to me; just let her go."

"Hmm, I might be able to honor your finaly wish." Yang said slyly. "Perhaps, I will let the white one go free." Then, he knelt down to speak directly into his face. "Although, I will deeply miss her; she certainly gives a nice sponge bath."

In that moment, something snapped in Spike's mind. All the bruises and fractures in his body suddenly seemed to loose their effect as a sense of anger began to broil inside him. Astoundingly, he found the strength to get back to his feet and let out a growl of rage.

"I'll kill you!"

Yang only scoffed. "Is that so? Have you already forgotten? I'm unstoppable! Nopony has ever beaten me!"

Spike narrowed his eyes and spoke deeply. "Obviously, you've never fought a dragon."

Then, he raised his hands up to his face and, with a slow inhale, he breathed a burst of flame around them. Spike balled up his hands creating two fiery fists of fury! Yang suddenly began to feel uneasy as the enraged bruised and bloodied dragon spoke.

"You have disgraced my family, and you have disgraced a Tail Kwon Do temple."

With that, Spike charged after Yang with a loud battle cry. Yang buckled down and raised his hoof to bat him away, but his opponent knew better. Spike quickly ducked from the blocking hoof and landed a punch to the stomach, singing Yang's coat. Immediately after, he gave another flaming fist to the stallion's face, also burning off the red fur on his cheek.

"GAH!" Yang yelled as he covered the burned areas, leaving him exposed.

Spike then began throwing punches all over his body, leaving lasting burns every time. Stepping back, Yang tried to block the hot strikes and fight back, but somehow, his opponent's attacks proved faster than his with the protection of the dragon's fire. Eventually, he managed to jump back from the fiery barrage and jump forward. Yang came down on Spike with a frontward kick to the chest, knocking him to his knees. At first, Yang thought he had finally ended it. But the little dragon remained standing, with only a long gash left on his chest. With a cold stare, Spike wiped the blood from his chest and licked it off his finger with intimidation. Yang gulped.

As the crime boss backed away some more, Spike then blew fire on his feet. He charged after Yang and began landing flaming kicks to the shaken stallion, creating more burns. Spike continued his bombardment of fiery punches and kicks, as the imprisoned mares began cheering him on.

"Spike! Spike! Spike! Spike! Spike!"

After another minute of brutal retaliation, he finally puased to see if Yang had had enough. But he would not go down easy. Instead, the enfuriated crime boss grabbed a large wooden table from aside and lifted it over his head with a monstrous roar. He stood over Spike with his once imposing body riddled with singe marks.

"You think you have won?!" he snarled as he prepared to drop the heavy weight upon Spike. "Nopony has ever beaten me! NOPONY!"

But little did he know that Fluttershy had already finished off his army of goons.

"Leave him alone you big dumb meany!" she yelled from afar, amongst a field of unconscious guards.

Then, the pegasus leaped an impressive distance from where she stood and hurdled toward Yang with her outstretched hoof. She made contact with the stallion with a solid kick to the face, that could have only been viewed carefully in slow motion. Reeling from the blow, Yang wobbled on his back legs as the large table came down upon his head, breaking in two. The battered exhibitionist swayed dizzily from side to side before Spike approached him closely. He gave Yang a satisfied smile before simply blowing a puff of air, with a hint of flame, into hsi face. At last, Yang toppled to the ground like a withered tree and dared not even try to stand back up. Spike and Fluttershy stood over him as he uttered whatever words he could manage to say.

"How...how is this possible?" he spat.

"Sorry, Yang," said Spike. "But your slave operation is finished. You lose."

"No! This can't be!" argued Yang. "Nopony has ever beaten me!"

"Well, I think this pony just did." Spike smiled as he pointed his thumb at his pegasus pal.

Fluttershy gave a blushing smile as she hid behind her mane. "Teehee."

"But don't worry, Yang," continued Spike. "At least you'll get to be the first pony to be beaten by a dragon. That is, once you fess up to Princess Celestia."

"Oh please!" Yang rolled his blackened eyes. "And just how is Celestia going to know?"

Without answering, Spike found a quill and paper from the broken table and happily began scribbling something.

"What are you doing?" asked Yang impatiently.

"Just writing a little note for the princess, telling about your little scheme. Tell her I said hi when you see her."

"Buh-bye!" waved Fluttershy cutely.

Then, with one more inhale, Spike blew fire around his rolled up message, magically carrying it away. Then, the magic aura of the messaging spell enveloped Yang and lifted him into the air as well.

"Wait, what? What's going on?!" he griped. "No! Put me down! This isn't over!"

Both Spike and Fluttershy waved as the perplexed criminal was carried away with the letter, down the underground tunnel and out the nearest exit.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

With that, Spike and Fluttershy knuckle bumped as they watched him dissapear. Then, the two dug around the pile of beaten guards for a key and finally began opening the cells, freeing the mares. The overjoyed hoofmaidens crowded Fluttershy with grateful hugs; but Spike had his own lady to save. He opened Rarity's cell and was immediately swept up in her pearly white hooves.

"Oh Spike, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" she rejoiced. "That was so brave of you to save me like that!"

Spike blushed. "Well, I couldn't let you be cooped up in here any longer. This whole thing was about you."

"What do you mean?"

"After that whole incident with that robber at the train station, I felt so bad about not doing anything while you were being mugged. I felt like such a weakling that I decided to take up Tail Kwon Do, just to prove that I'm not a wimp. I guess I was just trying to impress you by becoming a figher."

Then, to his surprise, Rarity laid a hoof on Spike's cheek and gave him a long loving kiss on the lips. After holding for a good while, she looked at him with a bright smile. "You don't have to prove how brave you are to me, Spike. You're my hero just the same."

Spike looked back elated. "Really?"

"Absolutely." She replied as she nuzzled his neck. "That was some of the best martial arts fighting I have ever seen."

Spike melted with flattery as he held his embrace with his dream mare. But their moment was interrupted again by Fluttershy, who spoke without trying to be rude.

"Um, not that I'm not happy that everypony is free, but how are we going to get off this island?"

Rarity answered happily. "Oh, I just remembered that Yang has a private ship docked outside. We can just sail home!"

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" Fluttershy smiled as she headed off with the jailbreak of cheering mares.

"You all go ahead." Spike said. "I just forgot one thing back in the temple."

"What could that be?" asked Rarity curiously.

"I want to find where Yang keeps that trophy full of gems." Spike grinned and tightened his yellow belt.

...

That night, Princess Celestia curled up by the fire in her cozy study, reading a good novel. But as she continued her reading, the flames within the fireplace began to flare up. She looked over with intrigue, expecting another letter sent by Spike. But she was perplexed as the parchment that shot out of the fire was followed by a badly beatened old stallion who landed with a grunt. Yang opened his eye and peered around at just where he was and stood up with a devious smile.

"Aha! Princess Celestia, we meet at last!" he cackled. "I'll have you know that I won't be going down as easy as you think. Nopony has beaten me, except maybe for one, but I still am a master marital artist. I am unstop-"

His sentence was cut short when Celestia gave him a swift roundhouse kick to the head, finally knocking him out cold. Then, she looked at the letter that came with the pathetic stallion and unrolled it with a sigh.

"This better be a good one, Spike."

Comments ( 16 )

Thank you for reading! By the way, sorry for the long waits for my story updates recently. Call it senioritis. But I hope you enjoyed this one as much as I enjoyed writing it. Now go out there and be a champion...or something. Thank you! -Stratocaster :moustache:

Finally Spike remembers he's a freaking dragon and can breath fire! Thank you!

In my head the whole fight.

At the end he just got Spike'd, Shy'd, and Tia'd. Is there an epilogue?

2535209 I think that ending was enough epilogue. All is said and done. :twilightsheepish:

2534908 Nah. Spike got the girl, beat the tar out of Yang, and walked away with a trophy full of gems. What more is there to say? :twilightsheepish:

2534927 Lol, I was thinking "Everybody was Kung Fu fighting!" :rainbowlaugh:

2537607 Any other stories coming up?

2537639 As a matter of fact, yes! I already got a couple of stories under construction and waiting to be published. Plus, I'll be bringing back 00J from hiatus. Yup, I got a lot on my plate! :twilightoops:

2578024 :pinkiegasp: Ooooooh, good point. That movie is great even though it scares the crap out of me. :fluttershbad:

The roundhouse kick is not the only move Princess Celestia knows.

It's just the only one she needs.

The biggest problem here is that Spike was not smothered by grateful mares.

Funny-ass ending, though.

This was... meh. Have a like, at least.

2591145 One Punch Pony knows how to kick.

He just doesn't need to do it.

2029015 So he hid his power level, basically?

Login or register to comment