• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 7,232 Views, 206 Comments

Alien: New Thoughts and New Mind - Da_Spy



An Alien winds up in Equestria, but finds that he no longer is a mindless killer.

  • ...
11
 206
 7,232

Chapter III

Cratch groaned, pain pounding against his body. Opening his eyes, all he got was a blurry vision. He tried to piece together what was going on. When his world finally stopped spinning, he looked around, only to receive a horrid sight.


The battle had been, as expected, very bloody. The bodies of his friends and foes lay strewn out all over the cave wall and ground. As he walked through the bloodbath, the scent of putrid flesh and blood overwhelmed his senses. The Hive had become silent—too silent.


He began moving more stealthily, in case rival changelings were still in the hive. Still seeing no sign of life, he began to make his way to the upper levels. A small groan cut through the silence all of a sudden.


He kept moving forward, the sound getting closer than ever. He arrived at the bend leading to the swarm's trading ground, a place where Cratch, like many warriors before him, had trained for hours and hours a day.


Emerging from around the corner, he look around to see more of his fellows scattered about the chamber, a small number still breathing. Two nurse drones tried their best to care for the remaining wounded.


One of them was helping one warrior up, one nurse he recognized. Nova was her name. Her back was bent under the weight of the large warrior. Rushing over, Cratch took the weight from the warrior. Nova looked up, smiling thankfully before sitting down. Cratch returned the smile, even though he was struggle with the weight.


Nova had always been a kind, quiet changeling. She didn't deserve to be in this situation. Turning his attention back to the problem, it seemed that the enemy retreated, or so he hoped.


“Does anyone know where the Queen is?” he asked, glancing between the nurses and wounded.


The ones that could speak replied no, and the others merely shook their heads. Cratch sighed. Even if the enemy had retreated, it would take a long time to recover from this. Turning and walking toward the tunnel to the upper levels, he decided to take his chances and check to see if the enemy was still there

******
Well, this is a deep hole I have dug myself into, he thought, crouching as he thought his things through.


He could still hear the common in the town that he had caused. He began thinking; he needed to get away and find some food. What, what do I eat? he thought, realizing he had no clue what to do about that.


He decided that the best course of action would be to find a suitable place to spend the night, since he wasn't feeling very hungry just yet. Walking through the column of trees, a very long time passed when he realized there was nothing useful for him around. Grr, I wonder how long it will take before I find some stinking shelter!


Something caught his eye. It was a large, wooden structure, the one door on it to his left closed. Deciding it was worth the risk, he made his way over to it, being careful that no one else was around. He slowly opened the large door that was large, even compared to him.


He walked inside, glancing around. Some assortment of tools were spread around, as well as ten barrels of apples. He stared at the apples, finally deciding to leave it alone and not take the chance. Looking up at the upper level of the structure, he thought, That seems like a god place to go unnoticed. Today, though, nothing seemed to be going in his favor. Maybe he could finally get some rest and peace.


He slowly lowered himself onto the ground. He needed some rest.

***********
A single creature, a changeling, stood staring out over the barren desert. This was his kingdom. This barren wasteland was what he was stuck with for know. But soon, Chrysalis and her followers, living in comfort, would soon be outed, and he and his empire would move to more friendly territory.


They were pathetic. Chrysalis was a good manager, but she was no military commander. Sitting down, he began to think, think about his next move. Certainly, the other empire would notice this change in power, and they would certainly want a piece of action.



And then there were the Ponies. Their Princesses would also notice, and possibly even want to change this. He had a most marvelous reputation. And if any one of the Other empires or the Ponies try to get in the way, their leaders, along with Chrysalis, would disappear from this game...


He was brought out of his thoughts when one of his advisers stepped out onto the dirt platform. It was quite brilliant really. The changelings would use the occasion rain water to make mud buildings. Then, when they dried out, they were just as good as stone... mostly. As with all buildings there were always... flaws.



His Adviser bowed before saying, “My Lord, we have breached the outer defenses of Chrysalis's stronghold.”



“Good, good,” he replied. This was most certainly good news. “When will we be able to move in to our new home?” he continued, smiling at his adviser.


“Well, it seems the remaining warriors have retreated to the Catacombs and are putting up quite a fight. It wouldn't be safe to move in yet, but I assure you, sir, that we will have it soon.” After finishing, his adviser stepped back.


His smile disappeared. “If you do not take the Stronghold soon, I can always you. Now, go!” he shouted, his good mood now gone.


The adviser bowed again, then almost ran out of the room. How pitiful, just like Chrysalis and the Ponies...

Author's Note:

Yay its done! So whoever can think up the best name for a changeling leader gets to name him! ^_^

Comments ( 86 )

So... was that the alien that was hungry? because they can live a VERY long time without any food...

Hmm, too tired to think about a decent name.
But hooray to see that this fic isn't dead and buried.
As for the chapter, it seems alright, mostly story for the changeling side of the story and a mere update on the situation of our alien.
Its alright and such, i have the feeling that you've been busy and such, anyway, good luck with next chapter and happy writings.

2681922 Thanks, yess I have been VERY busy. But everyone has...

I volunteer Cocoon.

2681932 Will there be marines?

2682093Name of the changeling revolution leader. I volunteer his name be Cocoon.

2682107 Eh good name. Thanks! :pinkiehappy:

I vote for the names Imago= insect that emerges from cocoon\chrysalis\pupa or aldrin= A synthetic insecticide; a chlorinated hydrocarbon moderately toxic to mammals,

stay strong with this story, its got a lot to give if you tell it well

I wonder...will our Xenomorph buddy play any role in helping Chrysalis' changelings oust their invaders?

Okay, small review here, but I won't go into depth.

Good story, but too fast. Not enough pacing. Everything is just whizzing by, and you barely have time to appreciate what's going on. Description of detail could use a little work, the environments I'm seeing are pretty bland.

Try taking less time for pushing the story to the action, and put more into giving the characters backstory and creating realistic situations. That scene in Ponyville was very bland, and I wasn't really immersed in the scene.

Not trying to beat you down, quite the opposite. Just trying to help.

2681932
:twilightsmile: Indeed, life has the tendancy to keep people busy.

IT'S ALIVE!

2682093
don't put marines in it, it would only get too complicated and boring fast
I love these types of stories, as it leaves the mane 6 wondering... is he good is he bad :pinkiehappy:
just don't rush it :derpytongue2:i'd hate to see a good story go down the plug :heart:

2685470 Yeah, thats a reason I added the changeling story-line. It allows me to make it longer. :pinkiehappy:

The Changling leader should be named Papa Roach :P

Volucris, latin for insect

2697486 Thank you. :pinkiehappy:

2699583 Well...I am Praetor of the SPQR group, I must know some latin terms...Nice story btw

2699618 Thank you im glad you like it. ^_^

2699633 Are you of Rome?

2699646 :pinkiesad2:Not many are...Do you have Roman blood?

2699660 :raritydespair:Jupiter help us! The Romans are all dying off!

Nice story so far! I await further chapters! :pinkiehappy:

2785550 Yay! Thanks! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

2785637 No, thank you for the story! :pinkiehappy:

metamorphosis

Larva

cocoon

spiderman

2877646 Yeah, i shall give description more priority. XD :twilightblush:

Neat story so far, I would enjoy reading more. It moves a bit quickly though, I suggest that you describe motion more. The characters just seem to get places without much description of HOW they get there. Otherwise, the grammar seems fine, but there are misspellings here and there.

Prince Kroation
King Ornordin
Emperor Borean

These are my three ideas. The titles are suggestions.

2902288 Thanks! And yes I will slow down.

2902570
I try to do my part to help wherever I can.

Well this story is good, if moving a little too fast. Could you slow down a little, flesh out the story a little more, and maybe add in like perspectives when shifting character narrations? Loving it so far, always loved the alien series!:twilightsheepish:

When will you post a new chapter? This story is awesome, can't wait until it continues.

2944371 Been busy with IRL, its a pain XD But i shall get it done ASAP! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

I prefer short chapter with each powerful sentence that could lead to many meanings rather than pointless long chapters.
Ur story is proceeding way too fast. I suggest you to take your time. Also becareful when you write a sentence. Each sentences are important and must not be written without thinking, because one sentence can change the mood of the entire chapter. Last thing is just my personal opinion, I prefer writing about the visuals instead of just filing them with dialogue. When you do, do not try to describe the character's feelings by explanation. The character's characteristic and behavior should be deliver to the reader by dialogue, if you do, the readers tends to be more focused on your character try to analyze his or her intentions or etc.
don't take this personally. These are just my advise how to write better. And I really like your settings for your story.

I think you might want to know that Xenomorphs see using pheromones, i know you gave him eyes so you can do whatever you want with that but maybe he could use pheromones to see if they're aggressive or not

3254454 Oh thanks. *facehoof* I should of known that XD

3256784 no worries, they may be insectoid but not all insects see that way and their antennae can be hard to see

Login or register to comment