• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 15,446 Views, 3,324 Comments

The Abundance - defender2222



Sequel to Faith and Doubt. Twilight must save Equestria from her friends who've become alicorns

  • ...
80
 3,324
 15,446

PreviousChapters Next
The Battle for Equestria Part 1

"Zeus! Your son has returned! I bring the destruction of Olympus!"

-Kratos, God of War II


"Remember, we don't want to hurt them too badly!" Twilight called out to the newly-made alicorns that were leaping over the railing of The Abundance.

"They are going to give it their all!" Shining called out, his strong voice ringing out over the chaos of battle. The stallion was in his element, all his training coming into full play as the brainwashed pegasi rushed towards the rebellion members. He and Twilight shared a look and his sister nodded, stepping to the side and letting him take the lead. "They are going to try to kill you but it isn't their fault. They act against their will and we must remember that they are victims in this." His horn flashed, stopping Flim and Flam before they could leap over the edge. "I want you paired up with a pegasus!" He turned to the remaining members of the rebellion and motioned for them to begin splitting off. "If this is your first flight I want you with an experienced flyer! If you've never shot off a blast of magic you need a unicorn at your side! If you are an earth pony find another pair and lend them your strength! I want this done cleanly, understood? As much as you might think we have the advantage we are, in fact, in the weaker position, so use your heads!"

Celestia and Luna strode forward, their eyes narrowed and hard as they looked at the penthouse. "We will go and talk with Fluttershy and Rarity."

"And I'll deal with my sisters," Honesty stated.

"Good," Twilight said, spreading her wings. "I'm going to help Faith." Before any of them could say a word Twilight launched herself skyward, spinning slightly as she gained altitude.

Shining watched her go before turning to Iron Will. "Get us out over the bay! I want to provide some cover fire! Anyone with medical experience needs to stay here to tend the wounded!" He turned to look up, watching as Faith and Doubt dueled. "And for goodness sake... leave that one to Faith and Twilight."

~MC~MC~MC~

Rainbow Dash's face was a mask of determination. All around her there were ponies flying about, some up towards the airship, some down from it. it was madness and chaos and it took all her skills as a flyer to be able to weave through the crowd without getting hit. Those gifted by the alicorn spell were using their magic to try and restrain the brainwashed citizens, but found it difficult due to the sheer ferocity of their opponents. Shining had been right: despite their power boost they were at the disadvantage. They were battling with one hoof tied behind their back while the unfortunate horde that had been driven into battle had no sense of remorse or guilt when it came to attack their enemies.

"They're like those dang parasprites!" Applejack called out to her as she flew in close, watching as five of the attackers swarmed onto one of the former Canterlot prisoners, dragging him down as they kicked and punched and bit. Applejack's horn glowed and she ripped them away from the stallion, who slammed into building and remained still. "They outnumber us 20 ta 1!"

"We have to find some way to push them back!" Derpy called out, managing to avoid 7 pegasi that had been trying to sneak up on her. She did a quick 180 and fired off a blast of magic, creating a storm of stone muffins that knocked her pursuers out.

"I got it!" Applejack shouted, turning her attention and her magic on a new target. She grabbed onto a billboard and bent it till it looked like a snowplow. Rainbow and Derpy quickly ducked behind the plow, lending their magic and calling out for anyone from the rebellion that might be below them to get out of the way. They then plowed through the mob, sending them spinning into buildings and tumbling aside into the waiting forelegs of other members of the rebellion, who were more than happy to wrap them up with magical chains and leave them hanging from balconies.

"LOOK OUT!" Derpy cried out, ducking down just in time to avoid the squad that rocketed at them. Rainbow wasn't so luckily as Applejack strained to hold onto her plow as the cyan alicorn was yanked away. "Rainbow Dash!"

"I... I need help here, sugarcube!" Applejack grunted. Derpy cast one final, reluctant look Rainbow Dash's way before zipping over, firing up her horn and straining to help Applejack guide the billboard to safety.

Rainbow, meanwhile, was struggling to regain her equilibrium. The city spun about her, the street appearing in the sky and the Abundance below her. Just as quickly as it had begun it ended, Rainbow crying out as she struck a brick wall.

"Come on now," Soarin' taunted, the rest of the Wonderbolts lined up behind him. "If you want to join us, my queen, you have to be tougher than that!"

"That so?" Spitfire shouted as she and Scootaloo sipped down, firing off magical blasts. "I think I'll be the judge of how tough you are!"

~MC~MC~MC~

High above her Twilight could hear Faith and Doubt screaming at each other, trading attacks. The two of them were firing off their magic with no sense of restraint. An aura of silver light shot at Doubt, taking on the form of a pair of giant scissors as he tried to clip her wings. The mad abstract responded by diving down and creating a drill of black magic, which Faith only just managed to block by grabbing nearby satellite dish and using it as a shield.

"You think I am just going to lay down and die?" Doubt screeched, rushed up and punching Faith in the side. The silver alicorn grunted, twisting to avoid a second hit. "I have planned this out for a thousand years!" She smashed his face with her back hooves, causing the lord of the gray to spit out a wad of blood. "My plan is foolproof!"

"It'd have to be," Twilight said, using her own magic to grab a hold of Doubt's head and yank her away from Faith, "what with you being a fool and all." Twilight's eyes flashed and several shooting stars rained down upon them, their fiery tails superheating the air around them and making it nearly impossible to breathe. The three alicorns panted, getting slightly lightheaded as they struggled to catch their breath. "Look at this madness, Doubt! Look at what you've done! You honestly think this is in any way a victory!"

"I see victory... not my fault you are too feeble minded to understand the scheme!"

Faith slammed down onto Doubt, grabbing her face while his magic yanked her eyelids open. "You truly are crazy if you think this madness is some sinister plan! Every step you've taken we've knocked you back down and this time will be no different! You are going to lose, Doubt, and do you know why?" Faith leaned in close, face pressed against hers, his hot breath burning her face. "Because it is your nature. Your crazy... crazy nature."

The mad abstract glowered at him. "I... am... not... CRAZY!" Her body exploded with magic, sending Twilight and Faith tumbling back. Doubt panted, glaring at them with hate-filled eyes. "You have no right to insult me! Everything that has happened is because of you two!" Her horn burned and Faith's eyes widened as Doubt lifted a yacht from the Hoofson river and brought up in the sky. "You stole everything from me!" She throw the ship at Faith, who grunted as he grabbed a hold of it, struggling to keep it from crashing to the streets below. "Oh, I'm Faith! I am so special because I am one of the Elements of Harmony!" Doubt raced down and punched him in the face, causing Faith to slip and almost send the ship crashing down. "Waa! Celestia forgot my name so I am going to turn evil!" Doubt's magic grabbed onto the yacht and forced it down a bit more, Faith's wings beating like mad as he fought against the mighty push. Doubt lashed out again, striking him in the back. "Everyone has such sympathy for you... where is my sad music? Where are my words of encourag-"

Twilight fired a blast at Doubt, striking her in the side and sending her spinning about.

"Your right... Faith was in the wrong," Twilight said as the silver abstract lowered the yacht back into the river. "Ignore the fact that when his name was taken he was barely a toddler and didn't know how to react... he still stole your name and purpose." Twilight focused and one of the smaller skyscrapers was ripped from its foundation, rising higher and higher in the air as it was surrounded by the glow of her lavender magic. Doubt began to back away, eyes wide in shock. "But the reason why we all care about him is how he handled himself after the fact! Faith's worst crime as Doubt was convincing me I didn't need my friends; even then he still helped them apologize. Faith has honor while all you have is your thirst for revenge!"

Twilight threw back her head, screaming as she sent the building hurtling at Doubt like it was a baseball bat.

Doubt cried out as the building struck her, her horn flaring as she attempted to shield herself from the hit. But even as she worked to block the blow she felt herself being driven into the building by another force.

Faith’s eyes flashed with rage as he shoved her against the building, his hooves colliding with her stomach and sides, raining blows upon her. Doubt twisted away but Faith merely launched himself onto the building and captured it with his own magic, stealing it from Twilight and sending it like as missile at Doubt. The mad abstract twisted around, smirking as the building fell into the Hoofson.

“Such a show of force!” she said with mock appreciation. “That is yet another reason you two are so pathetic!” Doubt’s horn flared and with a scream she sent out a shockwave that shattered every window in the city. Winds whipped around her as she sent out her magic, catching each one and lifting them up. The winds swirled and Faith and Twilight flew close to each other as Doubt created a hurricane of broken glass. “You have no understanding of finesse!

“Twilight!” Faith shouted, hugging her tight and wrapping his wings around her as the glass swirled around them, cutting into anything it could find. In the distance they could hear the Abundance fire off an emergency siren and begin to retreat, let the airship be torn to shreds.

“I think Trixie is going to get jealous,” Twilight said.

“We can worry about that after we aren’t dead.”

Twilight opened her mouth to say something, only to cry out when a long shard of glass slammed into her unprotected flank. Faith grit his teeth and adjusted his wings, covering her up completely while leaving himself exposed. The storm cut into his back, flaying his skin and leaving rivers of blood pouring along his flank.

“Aw, look at you two!” Doubt cooed, catching a piece of glass and running it along Faith's back. “Aren’t you just precious!” Faith bite back a curse as Doubt drove the shard into his back, just an inch from his spine. Doubt didn’t seem to notice the glass that was coming within inches of her head; she merely floated around them, poking at his wings. “Look at you clinging to each other… its just so cute! It reminds me of something… what was it...” she tapped his chin in thought. “Oh yes, I remember now, little thief… it reminds me of your other friend, Clockwork… the scholar that gave you MY name.” She leaned in close the winds growing more ferocious. “You clung to him so hard, didn’t you… your first friend. The one that actually cared about you. You cared for him like you care for this one. But then he went away… poof… left you all alone… even though it wasn’t his time.”

“What?” Faith whispered.

Doubt leaned in close. “Let me say it in small words, so you might understand.” Her lips brushed against his ear. “I killed Clockwork.”

Faith’s world went red.

“YOU LYING BITCH!”

Twilight let out a yelp as she was shot out of the storm. She spun about, blinking in confusion, before turning to see Faith rearing up, his horn burning with white magic as he turned his fury on the mad abstract.

“That’s it…” Doubt whispered to herself as Faith began to head at her, his magic swirling about him. She cast a glance to the west, towards the Everfree Forest. “That’s it…”

It was all going according to plan.

PreviousChapters Next