• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 15,421 Views, 3,324 Comments

The Abundance - defender2222



Sequel to Faith and Doubt. Twilight must save Equestria from her friends who've become alicorns

  • ...
80
 3,324
 15,421

PreviousChapters Next
An Unexpected Tea Party

"Curiouser and curiouser..."

- Alice in Wonderland


"Well, aren't you going to sit down?" Pinkie asked over her tea cup. “We have jams and jellies and all sorts of assorted treats. I laid them out just for all of you!” When none of them moved she turned to the tea pot, which strangely enough had a face on it. "They are very rude, aren't they Mrs. Potts?"

"Oh, very rude my dear, very rude. Positively beastly,” the teapot said.

“I hope that teapot only sounds like Mrs. Cake and ain’t really her,” Applejack said nervously.

Pinkie laughed. “That would be silly, Applejack! Mrs. Cake is a pony, not a teapot. Besides, if I was going to turn her into something I’d turn her into a cake… oh, want a piece of cake?” Pinkie held out a plate, a piece of cake with frosting the same color as Mrs. Cake sitting perfectly in the center.

“I’m good,” Spike murmured, looking a bit green in the scales.

“So… sit sit! You are dreadfully late to the party!” Pinkie said.

“Indeed, madam,” Sir Lintsalot said. “It is rather rude of them to stare at you.”

“Rude indeed,” Madame Le Flour stated with a Prance accent.

Rainbow scoffed. "Yeah, sorry to be rude, but I have a rule about sitting down at tables that might turn into monsters that will eat my bones."
Pinkie gasped. "Dashie! That... is... brilliant!" Pinkie pulled out a long list. "Bone... eating... tables." She tucked the list in her mane and flashed Rainbow Dash a large smile. "I'll make sure to list you on the patent application! You are so smart… I might have to turn you into a cupcake and eat you!"

“Let’s not and say we did,” Trixie stated, backing away. “By the by, I left the stove on in my flying fortress, so Faith and I and every other pony are going to go turn it off… we’ll be right back so if you could just wait right here…” A cage fell down, trapping Trixie. “Shoot.”

Celestia, seeing none of the other ponies had not a clue what to do, stepped forward, selecting a seat three down from Madame Le Flour. The others stared at her, shocked, but the solar alicorn merely raised a single eyebrow as she used her magic to snag a biscuit. "You don't honestly believe she is going to attack us, do you?"

"Why wouldn't she?" Shining Armor said, eyeing the pink alicorn warily. Pinkie merely grinned and used her magic to grab a teacup and hold it upside down over the tea kettle... which promptly began to pour up. “She did threaten to turn Rainbow Dash into a pastry.”

“So?” Pinkie complained, waving away Trixie’s cage. “Trixie cast spells on her… and Doubt-“

“Faith,” everypony said.

“-was an evil mastermind…”

"Pinkie won’t hurt us because that is what we are expecting," Twilight said, clueing into what the Princess was getting at. She took a seat next to Celestia, watching Pinkie out of the corner of her eye. Trixie, not wanting to appear cowardly, quick sat down near the purple alicorn. "And that is the last thing Pinkie or Laughter would want to do. Living up to expectations isn't funny... the unexpected on the other hoof..."

Faith took a seat between Twilight and Trixie, knowing that not doing so would only lead to infighting. "You know what would be completely unexpected? Your total surrender. I would not see that coming."

"Me either," Apple Bloom commented. The others took seats, though they were smart enough to keep the alicorns between them and the deranged queen and her 'friends'.

Pinkie shook her head, her top hat growing belts that latched around her head to prevent it from flying off. "No no no no no! If I did that then the fun would be over and all the burning baby fishes would be nibbling on ashes. Why do you hate burning baby fishes so much?" Pinkie paused, considering her words. “Do you like me… even the parts you can’t see? Tell me Honesty, if I were to rip out my intestines would you love those?”

"... I vote for running at fast as we can," Scootaloo said nervously.

"Why would you run?" Scootaloo's chair said. "You just got comfy!" The armrests coiled around her arms and Scootaloo began to buck.

"Sees hers buckin'?" Rocky laughed. "That filly's gots somes spunk!"

"I suppose, though it is rather unladylike," Flour complained.

"Laughter, stop this!" Honesty shouted over Scootaloo's curses. “Release her now and you might be spared the pain you are begging to be delivered upon you!”

Pinkie blinked. "Laughter? Who is Laughter?"

"Do not play games with me, little sister. I am your elder brother and you will obey me!" Honesty snapped.

Pinkie's eyes flashed black and her smile took on a decidedly less-friendly gleam. "You killed Loyalty... I don't have to listen to you because you are no fun! Bye bye!"

The lights went out and when they came back on Honesty was draped over the table, a knife in his back. Pinkie's sisters screamed but Faith merely narrowed his eyes. "It isn't real. None of this is. Nice try though" 'Honesty' faded away, as did the blood that had pooled under his chair.

Luna stared at where ‘Honesty’ had been laid out, her own heart beating fast in her chest. For just a moment she had feared for all their lives… “How could you…”

“Trixie, what makes a good illusion?” Faith asked.

“Smoke and mirrors.”

The silver alicorn flexed his wings. “Lord of the gray and the mirror alicorn,” Faith stated. He turned to Pinkie and stared her down. “Of all of us, Laughter, you are the one that lacks the most substance."

"But she makes up for it in party favors!" Pinkie giggled, pulling out gift bags and passing them around. "Go ahead... there is a little teddy bear and some chocolate and assorted suckers... oh, and a t-shirt!"

Applejack pulled said shirt out. "I lost my mind and all I got was this lousy t-shirt?"

Pinkie bobbed her head up and down, the top of her skull popping off to reveal a little note that read ‘IOU 1 Brain –Celestia’. "Don't worry... it only hurts for a moment!" Applejack let out a yelp when Rocky grabbed her and pressing her against the table, a saw in his hand.

"I wouldn't do that," Twilight said, her horn glowing as she pressed the end into Madame Le Flour. "Drop the saw or I turn your friend into biscuits!"

"Do what she says!" Flour screamed in fear.

Pinkie sighed and waved for Rocky to release Applejack. "You are no fun. I wasn’t going to hurt her… just make her an airhead… get it?"

"I am having Discord flashbacks," Rainbow hissed to Shining.

Pinkie brightened up at that. "Discord? Why didn't you say so!" Her purple suit was gone with a thought, replaced by a flimsy pink outfit resembling the styles found in Saddle Arabia. Pinkie crossed her forelegs over her chest and blinked hard, summoning Discord's statue into the dining room. "It's weird, I went to check on him early on, in case he tried to destroy all the harmony, but he's just like a chocolate bunny!" Pinkie's head inflated to five times its normal size and she bit down, taking off Discord's stone head. "He's hollow!"

Celestia bolted up, her eyes wide in panic. She stared at the empty statue and trembled. "No... that's not possible! There… there should be something in there. How... how can he-"

"Don't know, don't care!" Pinkie giggled, spitting out the head and using some chewing gum to try and put it back on. She managed to secure it backwards before giving up and warping it away. "That just means that I have to take over bringing silliness to Equestria! Isn't that right, Honesty?"

A panel in the ceiling moved and Honesty dropped down, tangled up in puppet strings and wearing blue tights and a red cape. He glared at Pinkie, who had changed into her purple suit again, only this time she was wearing a gray bowler hat.

"Come on Super Abstract... stop me." Pinkie bounced over to him and with a wiggle of her right hoof caused his strings to jerk him up and down. "Oh, but I won't disappear if you make me say my name backwards..." Pinkie's left leg spasmed. "Hold that thought!" With lightning fast speed she grabbed a plate and used it to deflect a bolt of magic Luna had fired at her into Big Macintosh, who was trying to sneak up on her. The large stallion rolled along the floor till he collided with some bowling pins Pinkie had set up. Granny Smith, Applejack and Apple Bloom rushed over to help him. "All of you are just so silly!" She skipped back to the head of the table, where her 'friends' clapped in approval. "My Pinkie Sense is tuned in to all of you, so I can tell what you are going to do-" She reached over and grabbed a cookie Spike was getting ready to eat, switching it for a different one, "-you won't like that one... this one is better, it has nuts in it!- before you do it!"

Twilight opened her mouth but Pinkie wiggled her nose and Twilight found her head suddenly wrapped up like a present. "Nope, don't care about any 'Oh Pinkie, you aren't spreading harmony, you are doing the opposite' speech you were about to give! You want to know why?"

The others stared at her and Pinkie casually reached over and nibbled on some corn bread she had created out of thin air.

"Aren't you going to finish?" Shining finally asked, watching as Twilight unwrapped her head.

"I was waiting for your answer."

Faith rolled his eyes. "Yes, we would like to know why, Pinkie."

"Aw, thank you Doubt!"

"Faith," the silver abstract said. "You have god-like powers and you can't remember my name?"

Pinkie shrugged. "Anyway, I don't care because harmony isn't really that funny! I don't want chaos of course, because that is mean funny, but I realized that harmony is just bor-ing! So I..."

Twilight leaned forward, the rest of the group turning their ears towards her and tuning out Pinkie's rambling. "Listen... we need to think here and come up with a plan.”

Rainbow frowned. “What if all of us just blasted-“

“Wouldn’t work!” Pinkie called out.

“-her,” Rainbow finished.

Twilight shook her head. “She controls everything right now… we walked into her little world and now we have to play by her ever changing rules.”

Celestia nodded. “We must be cautious; everything we say just feeds her and makes her sanity slip. We need to stay quiet, let her try and burn it out of her system... maybe if she talks enough-"'

"I don't think that is possible, Princess," Applejack pointed out.

"Dangit, that gal sure does like the blather on!" Granny Smith complained, rubbing Big Mac’s shoulders.

“Eeyup.”

"I like to talk," Faith said.

"Huh?" Twilight said in confusion.

"I like to talk too much too."

Trixie's eyes lit up. "Oh, that is just evil! I love it!"

"What?" Scootaloo said, confused. "What is evil?"

Faith smirked. "What happens when two equal but opposing forces meet?"

Twilight's eyes shined as the plan dawned upon her. "Oh... oh I almost feel bad for her."

"Mind cluing the rest of us in, dear?" Sue Pie asked.

"Just follow my lead... and don't try and follow along too much," Twilight said, leaning back.

"-and then he says, "No, I am your father!" and-" Pinkie took a breath. "Where was I? Oh right, so-"

Faith let out a yawn.

Pinkie's right eye suddenly twitched.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Faith said causally. "Please, keep going." Pinkie opened her mouth, only for Faith to yawn much louder. "Again, so sorry."

"What are you doing?" Pinkie demanded.

"Yawning, obviously," Faith said dryly. "One tends to do that when they are bored."

"Bored... bored?" Pinkie said in shock. "How can you be bored? Have you SEEN what I am throwing your way?"

"I can be bored quite easily, apparently. You don't make it that difficult."

Pinkie shook her head. "What are you talking about? I am giving you good stuff here-"

"Good stuff? I thought this was your C or D material... don't tell me these are your best jokes."

Pinkie's other eye began to twitch and Twilight and Celestia began to slowly make their way over to Honesty, wanting to get him cut down.

"I mean, I get that I am rather dour, but even I have a sense of humor and I am afraid you are just failing to tickle it!" Faith looked around and when he found no good spot to pace, leapt onto the table and began to march up and down its length. Tea cups and plates of biscuits were sent flying as he kicked his hooves up in frustration. "Come now, big sister, this is truly sad! You are the embodiment of humor and you resort to such weak, pitiful jokes!"

"Hey, these jokes are strong!" Pinkie pulled out a hammer and swung it at an old-timey 'Test Your Strength' machine one might find at a carnival. The weight rocketed up, hitting the bell at the time. "See, strong as can be."

Faith merely gave her a dry, unimpressed glower. "I would find better jokes in a pack of chewing gum." He took several steps forward and Pinkie stumbled back, the smile on her face losing much of its joy. "You know, I've seen this before... two really good comics try and make a double act and the routine is just horrible. You don't blend well together... Pinkie, Laughter, you are a clown with tears in his eyes or a standup in a plaid jacket playing to an empty club. It is sad... pathetic really. Or maybe even a bit funny… if only for how sad it is."

"I... I..." Pinkie stammered.

Faith threw his head back and laugh. “Look at you… your one mission is to make ponies laugh and the only way you can do that is to be pathetic at doing your job!”

“I…”

"Yes?" Faith asked.

"I know exactly what you are trying to do."

The group let out cries when plaid-colored chains burst out of the walls and grabbed them, pulling them all back to their seats. Faith looked down in annoyance when Pinkie put a muzzle on him... and a doogie collar that read 'Doubt'.

"Pinkie... sense! Gotta love it!" Pinkie giggled, all sadness gone as she began skipping around the table as her 'friends' cheered her on. "You think you can trick me so easily? Nuh uh! I am smarter than the av-er-age bear!"

"...what?" Trixie said.

"You know what I think the problem is?" Pinkie asked to no one at all. "There are too many of you in here! You are all sharing screen time which means I can't play with you all effectively." She flashed a dark smirk. "Don't worry... I know how to fix that!"

The room was torn away and the ponies let out cries as they tumbled down into a dark abyss, Pinkie's laughter echoing in their ears.

PreviousChapters Next