• Published 17th Oct 2012
  • 4,895 Views, 136 Comments

Everypony Hates Spike - Pony-Berserker



In this story, Spike explains to us how he got in serious trouble.

  • ...
14
 136
 4,895

Alternate ending (3)

Author's note:So, here is the very happy ending. But remember I'm a comedy writer not a love story writer and I had no idea what I was doing. I believe this chapter is terrible so, if you enjoyed the previous chapters and previous endings, don't read this. This ending has been written because some of the readers really, really wanted it.

PS: I really tried my best at this chapter but love stories are not my forté...

-----------------------------------------------

Little dragons are not the best runners. I simply couldn’t make it to the Everfree Forest. The mares chased me down in the middle of Ponyville and lynched me there.

Forgive me that I won’t get into details but... it was nothing pleasant or friendly for that matter.

I ended up hanging hogtied nearby the Carousel Boutique. Yep, they got me there. I’m not sure if I would have survived if Rarity didn’t get out of her shop. She saw the wild crowd lynching me. She used her magic aura to swipe them away from me and then she began ranting at them. She had no idea what I had done. Some of the mares tried to finish me, throwing stones at me but other seemed to be satisfied with my fate. Slowly, the number of mares in the crowd began to diminish.

Rarity untied the rope and levitated me to the house. I was bruised and dirty.

“Poor little thing, why did they do this to you?” she asked in her sweetest voice.

“Blaaa...” I couldn’t say any intelligible word. I had accidentally biten my tongue during the lynch.

Rarity put me to the guest bed and took care of me. She bathed me with a sponge, bandaged my limbs and prepared me something to eat. I’d never loved her so much.

Twilight visited me later that day. She wasn’t angry anymore. She apologized and explained why the mares were so angry and that I shouldn’t do that in the future. Usual mother’s talk. She wanted to take me home but Rarity insisted that I should stay in her house. I was so tired that moving me from house to house was absolutely unnecessary. Twilight agreed with a shrug and returned home.

Rarity acted like a servant. She closed her boutique and was on my call the whole time.

“Spike, you won’t mind if I sleep here with you? You can’t speak, so this way I will be just next to you,” she asked, definitely not expecting an answer.

Fortunately, my bandages hid the blush.

And that was the first time I slept with Rarity. In one bed. No, nothing happened.

But I could already feel something. Feel that it wasn’t just her being caring.

I spent the next three days in her house. Can you believe she closed her boutique to take care of me? She neglected her work for me! I was sure what was going on.

Rarity, however, explained me later that she was taking care of me because she felt depressed and she needed somepony in her house. Sweetie Belle was with her parents at the time. Lucky me!

Later, Twilight wanted to take me home but again was not allowed to do so by Rarity.

“Have you kidnapped him or what?” she said nervously before leaving.

So I could stay and enjoy my time at Carousel Boutique.

Finally we got to the inevitable...

“Spike, darling. We need to talk,” she began.

“Yes?”

“You see... I was thinking a lot during last days. I was thinking about me and you and... Well, I will be honest, Spike. Stallions think I’m ugly! Can you believe I was the only mare in Ponyville that didn’t get the love letter from the mysterious stallion!?” she said in her dramatic tone of voice.

“Well...” I was happy she didn’t know it was me. This was my fault after all. The least I could do was to comfort her.”You are not ugly, Rarity. Actually, you are beautiful,” I said as straitforwardly as I could.

“You’re just saying so!” she was already crying. Mares...

“No, really. I, I’ve always thought you are beautiful,” I continued.

She didn’t answer. She was just sobbing.

I told her of the day when I had seen her for the first time. She was looking at me confusedly, so I continued my talk, telling her how I come to her shop just to watch her and so on. It felt awkward but this was my chance.

“Spike, I-I didn’t know!” she spoke finally.

My cheeks were as red as an apple. “I-I love you, Rarity!” I stuttered finally. I avoided saying this during my speech but it finally slipped through my throat.

She blinked away some tears. “Spike, I don’t know what to say. I-I, you... you are a dragon…” Looked like I really confused her. To be honest, I had expected her to kiss me without a word. You know, like in books.

I sighed. So, me being a dragon was a problem. “I understand,” I said sadly.

“I mean, Spike. It’s not that. Think what would ponies say? A pony and a dragon? It just... doesn’t add up!” she said, crying.

“Do you really care what they would say?” I asked, trying to withhold my tears.

“Yes, no, yes! Oh, Celestia help me!” she cried loudly.

I stood up and began walking towards the door. “I’d better go,” I said silently.

“No!” she grabbed me with her magical aura. “I dont’t want you to go!” she hugged me, still crying.

She could have strangled me but thankfully, she released me after a long while.

“Why do I care? I don’t have to be like other mares. They can have their stallions or marefriends. I’m gonna have a dragon!” she exclaimed and then kissed me. “I suppose you are alright with this, Spikey?”

I couldn’t say a word. After a few seconds of silence, I agreed with a nod.

“Perfect! Let’s tell Twilight about this!” she said happily.

That wasn’t a good idea, really. Twilight freaked out upon hearing about this. “You can’t! He is a dragon! He is a baby! He is MY baby!” she was shouting.

“He is a dragon, not a pony. Baby dragons are more mature than many adult stallions! I am Spike’s marefriend now wheter you want it or not!” Rarity held her ground.

I think that Twilight will accept our relationship sooner or later. Probably later.

Other ponies in the town were more tolerant. Our relationship made it to the gossip column in the Ponyville Express, though. The journalist raised some question about ethics of pony-dragon relationships but we didn’t really care.

Now, two month after the incident I live happily with Rarity in Carousel Boutique. I visit Twilight sometimes but these are always difficult moments. Needless to say, Rarity and Twilight rather avoid each other.

I have only one conundrum now. Should I tell Rarity who sent those letters in the first place?

Author's note: Spike and Rarity lived happily ever after.

THE END

Comments ( 18 )

1521164

I hope you are happy now. :pinkiegasp:

So, now you can tell me how terribly written it was... :facehoof:

1506396

Happy now? :pinkiecrazy:

To be honest it wasn't half bad. The only mistake I say was that you spelt relationship relantionship. All in all, a good read.

I've already said this on dA, but adding a chase scene to this chapter would make it far more humorous.

I enjoyed this ending. Good job.

That was perfect! Great job!:twilightsmile:

This, I can approve of.

This was the best ending out of the bunch. I would have really loved it if Spike has run into Trixie on the road into Ponyville, who scared off the lynch mob with a display of magic, then allowed him to confide in her. I get the impression that Trixie would love to play hero, especially if it's genuine and not part of a show, and I'm always on the lookout for Trixie/Spike shipping. But that's just me.

1467537
"Well I hate Spike as he is the most easily replaceable and weakest character in the show"
Are you serious, he's easily the most complex character in the whole show.

The third ending is the best!

6/5
:raritywink::raritywink::raritywink::raritywink::raritywink::raritywink:

Sparity forever! :moustache::heart::raritystarry:

I think it would be funny if you just keep writing an infinite number of alternative endings to this story.

1614194

Um... They would become repetitive at some point, I think. :rainbowwild:

how adorable...(it's sarcasm) liked the story though

The titles very appropriate because even i hated spike in this story.

Comment posted by PyrolandPrincess deleted Mar 10th, 2015
Login or register to comment