• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 2,717 Views, 65 Comments

The Legend of Lightning Ace: Childhood - LightningAce7



The childhood of a pegasus named Lightning Ace

  • ...
3
 65
 2,717

Train Ride part 3

Lightning managed to break free of the struggle and skidded back. "Why are you doing this!? What did I ever do to you!?" Lightning shouted at Cloud, who's only response was to continue his attack while still wearing his sadistic grin. The fight continued for another few minutes before Lightning finally started to gain the upper hoof.

"Lightning, grab your friends and get to the front with the others!" Sarge said, parrying another blow from spear. "This is no place for foals! I need you to detach this car! Keep the others safe!"

"What about you!?" Lightning asked, entering another struggle with Cloud.

"Don't worry about me! I'll meet up with you in Ponyville when I can! GO! NOW!" Sarge yelled as he impaled the first enemy, ripped his sword out then threw it at the other remaining enemy with magic. Now it was just him and Spear with Cloud.

Without hesitation Lightning broke out of his fight with Cloud and made a gallop towards Applejack and Flash, who were waiting by the door. Lightning looked back once before closing the door behind them. His eyes were upon the connection release controls.

Meanwhile back in the other car Sarge had managed to back Spear and Cloud to the opposite door, which caused Spear to smile. Sarge could only manage a confused look as Spear grabbed up Cloud under his wing and bucked out the door. "We'll meet again..." He said as he lept out the back, using his free wing to safely land out of sight. At that point he then heard athe telltale mechanical sound that alerted him that his car had been released.

"Ohhh BUCK!" He galloped towards the other end only to behold the rest of the train already speeding away. Sarge then just stood there. "Guess I'm on my own now." At least he could breath easier knowing that the royal guard knew this might happen, and were in route to rescue the rear half of the train. He then wished he could join his grounds in that fight, but he had an assignment, he had to protect Lightning and his friends, and see that book to the Ponyville Library. Which, in a sense, he had done. Mission accomplished? No! there could be more! He had to get back to them! Sarge then jumped the back as the car slowed then started down the track in the direction the car was slowly rolling in.

Back on the train things were still tense as everypony was still shaken by the attack. The tense silence lasted for several minutes until a Royal Guard pegasus entered the car. "Attention everypony!" The pegasus started. "The situation has been brought under control. We have liberated the passengers from the rear half of the train and they are going to arrive in Ponyville five hours after this train. This is to give our medics and healers time to tend to the wounded. The attackers were routed and were driven off. The princess has authorised the guard to arrange all trips on this train fully paid for to compensate for the trouble. All will be refunded upon reaching the Ponyville station. I will remain on board until we reach town, both to keep watch and to answer any questions you might have. That is all."

Everypony was still silent but many fears were assaged at the good news. Over time everyone started talking and relaxing again. Applejack then sat next to Lightning, who was now simply watching the countryside. "Hey Lightning...y'all owe me one fer earlier." She said.

"Wait what? I...owe you for what?" Lightning said, a hint of confusion in his voice.

"Back durin' the fight, one of those crazy cultists was 'bout to try somethin', but Ah stopped em. So now y'all owe me..." She scooted closer. "...a date." She then put on her most cutest face yet.

"Well...I...uhhh..." Lightning studdered, obviously embarrassed.

"He'd love to!" Flash said, with a devious grin.

Applejack reacted by hugging Lightning. "Ah can't wait to show y'all around town!" She excitedly said.

After fightning down his blush, Lightning turned to Rainbow Dash. "What was it you asked me before the attack?"

Rainbow Dash was taken off guard. "What...oh that! Anyway, did you want to be my roommate? since we're both well, homeless, we should get a place in Ponyville. Isn't you're plan to stay anyway?"

"Yeah, I'm staying in Ponyville as of now I guess. I can't go back literally for a month, and after what happened here, well...I don't want my mom involved." Lightning said. "There's another reason I'm staying though..." He said as he looked over at Applejack.

"Lightning's in love!" Flash butted in.

Rainbow just stared for a moment. "Wait...when did you find a fillyfriend?"

The question hit Lightning like a ton of bricks. "I...I...well...it's a long story. I'll tell you later." Lightning said, hoping she would back off for now.

"Ehh...fine. It can wait. Anyway, do you want to be my roommate?" Rainbow Dash said.

After awhile the train started to come into view of Ponyville itself. It's beautiful thached roof biuldings sprawling with some larger biuldings among them. Even at this distance the town's landmarks were already visible. The first one in view was the town hall, which is one of the biggest structures. It was tall and had several flags adorning it's dome like roof. Then the most eye catching one came into view as the train started it's final stretch of track between it and the Ponyville Trainstation. Apple trees. Hundreds of apple trees for miles. None onboard the train were as excited to see this as Applejack, who could barely contain herself. Lightning couldn't help but feel happy for her, for she was just moments away from getting home. And now this town would be his home too.

to be continued...