• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 2,718 Views, 65 Comments

The Legend of Lightning Ace: Childhood - LightningAce7



The childhood of a pegasus named Lightning Ace

  • ...
3
 65
 2,718

Path of honor part 1

Lightning Ace had failed to protect his new friend Fluttershy. He had ran. He just couldn't take it. He flew as hard as he could back to his team's dorm in tears. His failure stung unlike any wound in a fight. He simply just layed there, tears flowing. What could he have done differently? He reran what had happened over and over. He could of just done a normal take off. Or just shyed away. But envy overtook him. Rainbow Dash had a bucking rainbow trail. How could he...anypony possibly measure up to that? He had tried to do a sonic boom, to try to impress everypony. But would they even care? How could a plain sonic boom even possibly hope to best something as extravagant as a very literal rainbow trail? He had of course heard the tale of the Sonic Rainboom, from his father. He had a copy in his study. It didn't matter now though. He failed, and now it crushed him entirely.

A light yellow hoof rested on his shoulder. Lightning turned to see Fluttershy, who had looked like she too had cried out her pain. She gave him a forgiving look that melted his burden of failure away. "Are you OK?" Fluttershy asked. Her voice a soothing, almost motherly voice.

"I...I..." Lightning choked up, not even being able to speak. Only more tears ran down the sides of his face. "Ple...please..." he could barely even look her in the eyes. "Please forgive me...I didn't mean to...to..." Lightning sobbed more.

"It's OK Lightning, I forgive you." Fluttershy said.

Lightning finally calmed down, wiping the tears away with his foreleg. He got off his bunk and faced his new friend. "Thanks Fluttershy. I really am sorry if I-" he was interupted by what sounded like somepony being chased. Only, it didn't sound happy or playful. Lightning's gut feeling told him that trouble was occuring. He bolted out the door and headed around the corner to see what was going on. It was a couple of foals Lightning had seen before...It hit him like a rock. They were Cloud's thugs from back when he threatened Derpy. And now they were chasing somepony he didn't know. The foal was a colt with a bright red coat that had a yellow, neon orange, and navy blue tail. Lightning delayed no longer. He clearly needed help. He took off and persued the thugs. They weaved through biuldings and other obstacles as Lightning had drawn closer. As he approached he could tell they had already fought. Though the wounds on the other red foal looked worse. He clearly put up a fight. Lightning put more power into it and closed the gap, tackling the green thug and draging him down to the clouds below. Who ever the stranger was seemingly read Lightning's mind and did the same. He too grabbed a thug and sent him crashing below. The stranger foal landed next to Lightning as the thugs got back up. "Well well what do we got here?" the green thug said. The thugs inched closer. Lightning and the stranger were backed to the edge of the cloud, nowhere to run.

"Looks like we fight." Lightning said to the colt.

"We can take 'em" the colt said boldly.

"Heh heh...just try it loser." one of the thugs said.

"Gladly." was all Lightning said before rushing him. Lightning flew fast and low at the teal thug and plowed his hoof up into his chest. But before he could land another blow he got grabbed from behind by the green thug. The thug only grinned as he held Lightning still. The teal thug got back up and went up to Lightning, now captive by the green thug. The teal thug laughed as he pummeled away at Lightning. He took several painful blows in multiple spots as the thugs relished in his wimpers of pain between flurries. After several cycles of beating they let Lightning drop to the cloud. The colt had enough. This colt had tried to save him, a complete stranger from these bullies. And he got the hay beaten out of him. His wings shot out and he plowed his body into the green thug. As Lightning watched his vision started to blur, then all was dark.

He awoke to Derpy staring at him at close range. "I helped!" She chirped.

"What happened?" Lightning asked. "Where's that colt?"

"I'm over here!" He excitedly said. "My names Flash Firestorm. And you are?"

"I'm Lightning Ace...why were they after you?" Lightning asked.

"I'm not sure actually." Flash said, "I think they just wanted to beat somepony up. You almost acted if you know them. Do you?"

"This was not our first fight no. They were the ones who tried to hurt Derpy." Lightning answered. It was starting to get late now and other foals were now starting to enter the dorm.

"Thanks again Flash. Maybe you should stay here! To you know, watch eachother's back and all." Lightning said. Flash agreed, and the four foals stayed up late telling stories and past experiences. Tomorrow would be hard though, but now he had a new friend. And he now knew what he must do. He fell asleep as the others did the same. Soon, tomorrow would come. A new day.

to be continued...