• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 2,718 Views, 65 Comments

The Legend of Lightning Ace: Childhood - LightningAce7



The childhood of a pegasus named Lightning Ace

  • ...
3
 65
 2,718

Train Ride part 2

"Of course I'll be your roommate, Rainbow Dash! But you still didn't tell me why you dropped out of flight camp." Lightnin said.

"I was getting to that." Rainbow said in a sarcastic tone. "I left to try to track down Cloud. Lightning I think he intends to kill you!"

Meanwhile back in the back of the train the two other foals had donned there robes as well. "We're ready to take the oath..." the lead colt said to the adult pegasi.

"Very well, little foals..." The first pegasus said. "Repeat after me."

The three foals stood ready.

The first robed pegasus began. "I give myself to the nation of Pegasopholus..."

"I give myself to the nation of Pegasopholus..." the foals repeated.

"I am their foreleg, lance and shield..."

"I am their foreleg, lance and shield..."

"Even to our dying breath..."

"Even to our dying breath..."

"Death to the thunderlings! Long live Pegasopholus!" The robed pegasus finished.

"Death to the thunderlings! Long live Pegasopholus!" The foals finished.

"Welcome to our ranks. I shall now introduce myself. I am Spear Wing. A hunter. You three are from now on to follow my commands. For you have now become a part in our war with the cursed ranks of our ancient enemys, the Thunderstorm Tribe. We need to be careful with these thunderlings, as one of them has...awakened."

"Awakened?" the foal asked.

"Awakened, yes. It's classified, but not long ago one of our top operatives tracted this very group in the Foal Mountains. But when she was about to strike the target down, the other one, whom we thought was just an ordinary pegasus, lashed out with a fierstorm, which nearly killed her, not to mention burn the whole forest down." Spear said.

"Is she OK?" the foal said, looking up.

Spear smiled at this. Too many of his brothers and sisters had too much hate. "Yes. She will be fine. For one who wishes one dead...you still have some kindness to you after all. And before you say anything we know about your life before...Cloud Breaker."

"You know my name!?" Cloud said, suprised.

"We know far more than that...but for now, we need to move. this train is now approaching the midway point in it's trip. We strike now." Spear said. He then turned to his fellow robed and those on the car, who had been preparing the whole time. "The time to strike has come brothers and sisters! Slay anypony who gets in your way but remember who we're here for!"

'All the ponies in this car are Pegasopholusians!?' Cloud thought as everypony was taking out swords and daggers. "FOR PEGASOPHOLUS!" Spear cried out.

"FOR PEGASOPHOLUS!" everypony cheered back as they started to make their way towards the front of the train.

"What can I get you, sir? Some punch maybe?" A drink server asked a pony in the back of the car.

"That sounds good and-" he was cut off by the roaring noise of the approaching crowd.

The server turned around to address the issue. "What in Equestria is going on...hggnnn...ehhh...ahehh...uhhhhh........." She only could issue blood from her mouth as multiple blades entered her flesh repetedly. All the drinks on her back fell to the floor as her lifeless body was tossed to to the side. The stallion in the seat was now drenched in the server's blood, his eyes filled with bewilderment as the atteckers turned to him next. Without hesitation they immediatly began swinging their swords at the scared stallion, who soon joined the server on the floor. The attacking masses the swept the remainder of the car, killing any in their path or grabing them and placing them in binds as prisoners. This process repeated in every car until they reached the final few cars.

"Alright everypony listen. I want three of you and the new member Cloud with me. The rest of you I want you to detatch the rest of the train behind us and prepare the prisoners for transport back to Pegasopholus." Spear said. "Alright everypony, this is it! We attack on three!

"Sir! We have a situation here!" The guard yelled to Sarge.

"Whats going on!?" Sarge asked.

"The train is under attack!" The guard responded. Suddenly there was heavy pounding on the door accompanied by yelling. I'll try to hold the door! Get everypony out of here!"

"What are going to do!?" Flash asked in a frightened tone.

"Leave it to me." Sarge said, putting a reassuring hoof on Flash's shoulder. "Everypony listen up! I need everypony to move into the forward cars now! We are under attack and they're trying to get in now! There's no time for possessions, just get to the front!" Though everypony was fearful, they complied and left the car. As the last pony left, several swords pierced the door and impailed the guard holding it closed. "I hope you two know how to use those swords you have! It looks like we're gonna have to fight!"

Lightning gulped as he nervously drew his father's short sword. He could hear the blood lust filled cries of the murderous masses as they tore apart the door. Time then slowed to a crawl as the door exploded in a rain of glass and splinters as the sheer force of the raiders plowed throgh the door. They first turned to the still breathing guard, who tried to defend himself. He managed to block two or three blows before he was overwhelmed by shear numbers, his cries of pain drowned out by their battlecries. After they finnished him off, they turned to Sarge and the foals, whom they had slain and captured so many to find. Without hesitation the foal among the cultists rushed Lightning, sword extended. Out of instinct Lightning managed to block the colt's blow. Meanwhile Flash and Sarge had their hooves full with the remaining four. Applejack was at the moment defensless. In the corner in her eye was the spear that belonged to the now dead guard. She then saw one of the attackers break away from the fight and started making a move on Lightning. "Oh no y'all don't!" Applejack yelled as she plunged the spear into him with all her strength.

Meanwhile Lightning and the colt were locked in a struggle. As Lightning tried to push him back the wrappings on the colt's face came loose. "Cloud!?" Lightning yelled, suprised. Cloud only grinned.

to be continued...