• Published 3rd Sep 2012
  • 2,717 Views, 65 Comments

The Legend of Lightning Ace: Childhood - LightningAce7



The childhood of a pegasus named Lightning Ace

  • ...
3
 65
 2,717

The Ruin part 8

Lightning took a deep breath as he placed his hooves on the lever, it slightly shifting under his hoof. The only way out was forward however, and so after gathering his nerve he pulled down with all his strength. With a few hard tugs, the lever gave, as it slid down into place. Once the lever reached the down position, it locked into place, causing many grinding noises to eminate from the walls and floor as all the traps grinded to a halt and retracted into the walls. The way was opened and Lightning motioned everypony to get over to join him at the other end. Thunder embraced his son. "I did it! I did it!" Lightning excitedly cheered.

"Impressive son! I'm so proud of you! Now lets get out of here!" Thunder said. As they left the room, a wolf like shadow trailed closely behind. As the four of them left the room, an eriee light started to follow the groves around and away from the lever. The light made it's way to the main entry chamber, where it collected in a nexus on the ceiling. It then shot a bolt of purple lightning at a pegasopholosian warrior's skeleton. After a moment bright purple light burst forth from it's eye as it's skeletal form began to violently shake as it arose from the ground. It's body contorted as energy biult within it's rib cage then released, slowly giving movement to the long dead warrior. Upon setting it's hooves on the floor, it grabbed up it's rusty old sword and start lumbering towards a now open small door in a side wall. The dark magic then struck the other skeletons strewn about the entry, reanimating them one by one until all of them were awoken.

Rainbow Dash was about to say something before hearing what she could of sworn was the sound of several dozen hooves on stone. "Did anypony hear that?" Rainbow asked.

"Hear what?" Lightning asked back with a strange look.

The noise got slightly closer.

"That! There it is again!" Rainbow said.

Lightning listened closely, but heard nothing. For some reason though a low amount of fear slowly started to grip him. "Dad, are we near the end yet?" He nevously said.

"Whats wrong son?"Thunder asked, seeing fear in Lightning's eyes.

"I...I don't know, I feel like we really need to get out of here." Lightning said.

"There it is again!" Rainbow said, feqr now starting to get to her as well. The group looked down both ends of the hallway but saw nothing. Lightnings heart was starting to race now as he too could now hear the sound of several hooves besides those around him.

Suddenly the walls and floors started to shift as the whole hallway started to change completely. Lightning tried to reach his father but a wall with some barred windows came between them as the shifting came to a stop. The walls opened as several dozen undead warriors poured into both chambers. Thunder drew his blade as he turned to face the dark beings. Lightning and his friends backed up against the wall as the shambling armored skeletons slowly approached. "What are th-they?" Lightning asked through the bars, now visibly trembling with fear.

"They must be the skeletons we saw when we entered!" Thunder said, still facing the horde of death thirsty skeletal abominations. "This place must of brought them back to life to protect something. Lightning, take my spare dagger and get your friends out of here! If my suspisions are right than the tunnles they came out of should lead back to the entrance!" He swung his sword at a skeleton as he tried to continue. "Get out of here son!"

Just as Rainbow started to tug on Lightning's wing to get him to leave, a knarly scar'd up Timberwolf entered Thunder's chamber. "Lightning! Go now!" He yelled as he destroyed another skeleton. The horde started to crowd around the foals as Lightning tried to see his dad. Derpy and Rainbow started to grab Lightning as the Alpha Timberwolf lept upon Thunder and bit down on his foreleg. He let out a cry of pain as another wall started to come down between Lightning and his dad, this one with no windows.

"No Dad! NO!" Lightning yelled as all.he could hear was the sound of fighting as the wall came to a stop, putting even the fighting noises out. The skeletons around them crumbled as he heard a shrill howling throughout the dungeon, followed by silence. Rainbow and Derpy helped him outside as he collasped to the ground in tears.

To be continued...