• Published 2nd Jan 2017
  • 2,304 Views, 71 Comments

Finding Sunburst - Foal Star



Sunburst is Flurry's foal sitter while Cadence and Shining go out on vacation. While as a foal he and Flurry Heart become seperated and the two go on journey to be reunited.

  • ...
8
 71
 2,304

Chapter Seven: The end of a foal's journey

Starlight Glimmer was running down the streets towards the Crystal Palace at full speed, holding the foals close to her mane. She turned her head back to see Sunburst’s parents right on her tail, and she groaned, “It’s no use, they’re catching up.” She quickly turned down a corner and hid behind a building, watching the two run past. She then scooped the foals into the embrace of her hooves and breathed heavily, “It’s okay you two, everything is going to be alright. I think,” She then looked down at Sunburst who blinked his adorable baby blue eyes at her. She couldn't hold it back any longer as she nuzzled him and squealed, "I can't believe that you turned into a foal! And you pooped your diaper too! Oh! You're just so cute!”

Sunburst groaned and babbled something incoherently as he squirmed in her embrace, making loud crinkling noises with his diaper. This only made her hug him tighter. Now both embarrassed and comforted by his childhood friend. He nuzzled her fur and let her kiss him .

Starlight laughed. “Oh, don't you worry. I'm going take good care of you until we reach the palace," Sunburst looked up with pleading eyes as did Flurry Heart as she continued, "But first I think we'll need a disguise so that ponies won't recognise us." Sunburst could do nothing as he was placed on Starlight's back, as they headed to a store with sign overhead that read "Surplus Foal Supplies"

Sunburst just crossed his stubby forehooves and groaned, "I hope she doesn ge anythin too embewassin."

Flurry Heart laughed out loud and then babbled, "Don ya wowwie, it can’t as bad as meesin ya diapee."

Sunburst moaned "Don wemind me." Only eliciting giggles from the young princess as they headed into the shop.


Twilight and Sunstone were both now looking around the streets of the Crystal Empire when Sunstone asked, “Twilight, where did Sunburst’s parents go?”

Twilight suddenly looked up, saw that the two were nowhere in sight and said furiously. “They better not be trying to escape!”

“I don’t think they would, besides they wouldn't want Sunburst about on the streets by himself.” Sunstone replied though Twilight wasn’t so sure.

Twilight ran down the street and saw Sunburst’s parents, who were looking around while gasping for breath. Twilight and Sunstone quickly (and reluctantly in Twilight’s case) went up to the couple and asked, “Hey, did you guys find the foals?”

Sunspot turned with a gulp, “We did, but some mare took them and ran off with them.”

Sunswirl cried, “We have to find them, we can't hoof our poor little Sunburst over to a complete stranger.” Then she asked. “Why would anypony steal poor foals?”

Twilight eyed the couple and said to them, “I don’t know, but if you lost them here I’m sure if we wait we’ll see her again.”

The other ponies nodded and Twilight looked around the place when she saw a mysterious mare with a purple cowl covering her face, pushing a rather large foal buggy. Twilight put on a smile and being polite as possible came up to her and said, “Excuse me, ma’am.”

The mare coughed and turned, but the cowl was still covering her face. She seemed to turn and look at Sunburst’s parents. She then went back to Twilight, and replied. “Um...hello...I didn’t expect you to..be...here?”

“We’re looking for some lost foals,” Twilight explained. “Did you see any around here?”

The mysterious mare shook her head, “No I didn’t. I have a little filly and colt myself and would love to show you them. Unfortunately I’m quite sick and I need to get home.” To emphasize her point she coughed once again.

“Oh dear, then you go right ahead, i’m sorry to bother you,” Twilight replied. “But could I at least see your foals really quick, just to be sure they’re not the ones we’re looking for?”

The mare slowly nodded her head and moved aside. Twilight then peered into the foal carriage and saw two foals. One was a orange coated filly who wore a ridiculous pink foal bonnet and a pink onesie, her hair was braided down the sides, with the excess fabric of her diaper sticking out of her back leg holes. The colt wore a giant, blue foal blanket wrapped around him, suckling a giant blue pacifier, his hair dressed in a single lock of rainbow mane, tied with a little blue bow.

Twilight eyed the foals, as they did look oddly similar, but they were the opposite genders of Sunburst and Flurry Heart. She then got up and said to the mare, “Um...those are some interesting clothes you picked for your foals.”

The mare blushed, “Yes, well I’m old fashioned.” She told Twilight.

“Well, I’m sorry to disturb you and your little ones.” Twilight apologized.

“It’s okay,” The mare coughed again, “It’s not everyday you get to see a such a beautiful princess.”

Now it was Twilight’s turn to blush, “Oh, it’s nothing. Now go on, and be careful.” She replied, and watched as the mysterious mare trotted up the path and disappeared.


The mysterious mare continued to push her foal buggy down the street. Starlight then looked around to make sure nopony was watching her, and looked down at her charges with a small smile, “Hey you two, doing alright?” She asked

Flurry Heart had her hooves in her mouth trying to stifle her giggles, Sunburst could only curl up and mumble, “I can’t bewiev Twile saw me in wittle filly cwothes.”

Starlight smirked reading Sunburst’s body language, “Oh, don’t you worry, Sunburst. I just had to make sure we could get to the place without your crazy parents knowing you're here.”

Sunburst just threw the foal blanket over his head making Flurry laugh out loud once more as she teased. “Sunnybuwst, ya a wittle fiwwy now.”

Sunburst stuck his tongue out, “Oh yeah, well ya wooks wike a wittle cowt!” He taunted.

Flurry Heart shook her head, “Nah uh, ya wook mowe wedicuwows than me!”

They soon started bickering. Starlight then placed two giant pink pacifiers in their mouths as she whispered “Keep it down, we’re not at the palace yet.”

The two glared at each other and suckled their pacifers angrily. But they kept silent as Starlight sighed in relief. She pulled the hood of the buggy over the foals and continued on towards the palace, “I’ll explain to Twilight why I couldn't reveal them to her when this is over,” She thought to herself. "As much as I trust her, Sunburst seems scared about his parents. I can’t let them have him until i know what’s going on here.”


Sunswirl eyed the mare with the foal carriage as Twilight came back, “She seems fine to me and unsuspicious. I don’t think she took the foals.” Twilight told Sunswirl

“You sure? It’s weird that she kept her face hidden the whole time.” Sunswirl questioned Twilight.

“It was odd, but she said she’s sick,” Twilight explained. “And the foals were a colt and filly, but they looked like the opposite genders of the ones we’re looking for. The foalnapper wouldn’t try something as simple as that to disguise them.”

Sunspot quickly replied, “Well the foalnapper is probably long gone by now. Maybe we should close down the Crystal Empire and have the guards search everywhere until we find them? I’m not about to let some random stranger get away with my baby!”

Twilight sighed and shuddered hoping she could keep this quiet, but seeing how Flurry Heart and Sunburst’s live might be on the line she couldn’t risk it. “Alright, let’s go to the palace and raise the alarm. I’ll have guards search the entire city until the foals are found.” She reluctantly agreed. The three ponies then raced back to the Crystal Palace.


Starlight smiled as they came upon the Crystal Palace. “Almost there!” She cooed, before she suddenly heard, “Hey isn’t that the mare from before?!” She turned her head to see Sunswirl running at her, shouting, “You were the one who took my baby!”

Scared out of her mind Starlight ran, pushing the foal carriage while trying to reach the palace! Twilight was still looking around the street, but when she heard the sounds of hooves running on the street and saw Starlight, she had to act! “Starlight, wait!” She called as her student ran right past her with Sunburst’s mom on her tail. Twilight sighed. She saw two guards approaching and reluctantly she shouted, “Hey you two, stop that mare! Don’t let her get away!”

The guards came up to block Starlight, and Sunswirl shouted, “Arrest this foalnapper at once!” She threw a vial of powder, which Starlight ducked. It hit the guards, instantly turning them into colts stumbling around in pieces of their armor. Starlight picked them up, placed them into the stroller, and continued towards the palace, but was suddenly stopped by Twilight who flew in front of her! She crashed right into Starlight knocking them both to the ground! The squealing foals and the confused colts were all caught in Twilight’s magical embrace and were gently placed on the ground.

Starlight got up along with Sunswirl, as Sunspot rode up gasping, “What happened?!”

Twilight turned and asked “Yeah, what did happen, Starlight? Why were you foalnapping the foals?

“Foal napping?! Sunburst was freaking out over going back to his mom! So I was trying to get to the palace, so I can figure out how he turned into a foal in the first place!” She exclaimed. “When I saw you with her I was sure you’d take him back and give them to him!”

Sunswirl shouted, “Oh really?! How do we know you weren’t the one who foalnapped him back at my house?! ”

Starlight shouted back in protest, “I just got here! I don't even know where you live! How could I have possibly kidnapped Sunburst when I had no idea he was even a foal until just a short time ago?!”

”So, Starlight, you were just trying to keep the foals safe?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, of course, Twilight,” Starlight nodded her head in response. “Why would I hurt Sunburst? He’s my best friend.”

Flurry Heart nudged Sunburst as he stood up, and looked up at Twilight who giggled, and after cooing asked “So why is he dressed like a filly?”

Starlight blushed as she explained, “I disguised him so you wouldn’t recognize him. It was the best thing I could think of on such short notice.”

Twilight nodded, “I understand, this was a strange situation for us all. I’m sorry you got caught up in all this, Starlight,” She then turned to Sunburst’s parents who bowed their heads in shame as she said, “And you two did turn Sunburst into a foal without his consent. That is wrong and I’m afraid I can’t just ignore that, regardless of intentions.”

Sunstone then came onto the scene asking, “Is everypony alright?!”

When Gemstone saw her little alicorn friend ,she instantly shouted, “Fwuwwy Heawt!”, jumped down from her mom, and ran up to her friend, giving her a big hug.

“Gewmstone!” Flurry shouted back, while hugging her friend.

Twilight smiled at the scene, then went to the three foals and placed them on her back with her magic. Then two small purple coated colts came up to her, and one asked, “Um Princess Twilight...can you turn us back to stallions, please?”

Twilight put a hoof to her mouth to stifle her giggles as she told them “Well, maybe I can’t. But I know someponies who can,” She then glared back at Sunswirl and Sunspot and asked, ”Now, can you two please turn Sunburst and these guards back to normal?”

The guards both shouted, “Please hurry! If another guard sees us, we'll never hear the end of it!”

Sunspot, chuckled, took out a vial and sprinkled some on the guards ,instantly turning them back into stallions, who quickly ran off in embarrassment.

Sunspot turned to Sunburst as Flurry Heart shouted, ”No, ya can’t tuwn bak yet! We didn even gets to pway awot togetha!” She hugged him close.

Sunspot stopped, as Sunburst turned to Flurry Heart and babbled, “Fwuwwy, I gots ta tuwn back ta nowmal. I can’t staw a fowl foweva.”

Flurry Heart whispered, “Bu ya pawents and eveypony hewe wikes ya betta as a fowl, and ya gets to pway with me all day, and be my pwaymate. Pwease don tuwn back into a stawion!”

Sunburst sighed and looked up at Twilight with pleading eyes. Twilight seemed to get what he was trying to say, as she went up to Sunburst and cooed, “Okay, Sunburst, I guess it seems that we do all owe you an apology, and our own worries caused us to ruin your little vacation. I’ll let you be a foal for a bit longer,.” She turned to Flurry Heart, “But you to have promise to behave. That means no more running away, from either of you!”

The foals both nodded and shouted “We pwomice!” Even though nopony could understand them. The two start giggling, bouncing on their diapers in excitement. Gemstone squealed and hugged Sunburst who hugged her back as she babbled, “Ya did it Sunnybuwst, ya a fowl.”

“Weally, di I pass all ya tests?” Sunburst asked.

Flurry Heart pondered for a second, before she nodded. “Ya did a wetties, and poopies in ya diapees, ya dwink babas, woved it when the adwlts giv ya attenion, suckled on teething wings, ya hooves, and pacis. I think that’s evewythin!”

Sunburst stood proud in his pink onsie, only make the fillies giggle. And Starlight, upon seeing him trying to stand in his onesie, couldn’t resist picking up Sunburst again and giving him a giant kiss, making everypony laugh out loud. All he could do was just smile and spit up some bubbles from his mouth, eliciting dawws from the crowd. Then as he and the other foals were placed back into the foal buggy and had a blanket draped over them he thought,“You know what, I think i’m actually going to enjoy being a foal again, just for a little while.”



Back in Flurry Heart’s nursery, Flurry Heart and Sunburst were now waving goodbye to Gemstone as she hugged the two with her tiny hooves while bawling, “I gonna miss ya two!”

Flurry Heart nuzzled her and babbled, “Is okay Gemstown, we gets to pway again weal soon. bu ya gots to go home.”

Gemstone nodded and turned to Sunburst who was chewing on his hoof. He took it out and extended it towards Gemstone, who put her own hoof into her mouth and slapped it onto Sunburst’s hoof. They both giggled in glee as they got slobber all over the place.

Sunstone then picked up Gemstone and cooed, “Alright dear, time to go. Daddy is wondering where we are by now.”

As Gemstone waved by to her friends. Sunstone came up to Starlight and told her, “You did well keeping those two safe. You're going to be a great mother one day.”

“What?! Oh no, I wouldn’t say that.” Starlight replied with her face turning bright red.

Sunstone just whispered to Starlight, “Trust me, I know a good mother when I see one.” She then slowly trotted out of the room while Gemstone held onto her mom’s back, now snuggling into her mane.

Twilight was walking down towards the throne room, when she saw Sunstone trotting towards the exit. She quickly ran up to her and shouted, “Hey, Sunstone, wait up!”

Sunstone turned as Twilight came up to her and Gemstone and replied,”I just wanted to thank you for all your help today.”

“It was no trouble really, i’m just glad all the foals are safe and sound.” Sunstone replied.

Twilight smiled at Gemstone, who gurgled and was clapping her tiny hooves while babbling. Twilight cooed, “And thank you, little Gemstone. If it weren’t for you we would’ve lost Flurry Heart.”

Gemstone blushed and just placed her hooves on her diaper. Twilight smiled at the two and said, “Now you two take care,” She turned to see Sunburst’s parents entering the throne room as she muttered,”I’ve got these two to deal with.”

”Be easy on them, Twilight. I don’t think they meant to harm anypony.” Sunstone suggested.

Twilight replied, “No ,but they aren't skating by either.”

“I’m sure you’ll make the right judgement, take care, Princess Twilight.” Sunstone called, then walked out of the throne room, past Sunburst’s parents who were now trembling.

Sunswirl and Sunspot didn’t stop shaking, even as they stood in front of Twilight. She was now glaring at the two as she instructed, “First, give me any age regressing powder you have left, and the cure.”

Sunspot gave Twilight a vaill and told her, “That's the rest of the reversal agent.”

Sunswirl blushed, “I used the rest of the regression powder on the guards earlier. There isn't any left.”

Twilight stowed the cure away then said seriously, “Good, now I better not catch you with this stuff ever again,” She then continued with a tone of authority, “Sunswirl and Sunspot, you are both charged with regressing Sunburst to a foal without his consent.”

Sunswirl and Sunspot both shook in fear as the princess continued, “Your punishment is...volunteering at the Crystal playplace every day for a month. And when Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor return, you are to apologize to them for regressing their crystaller. I can imagine they won’t be too happy to hear that.”

Both parents blinked in confusion as Sunswirl replied, “That’s it?”

Twilight nodded, “I understand now after talking with Starlight. You both turned Sunburst into a foal to try to redo what you did to him in the past. And you never intended any harm. Besides I think if you do intend to have more foals later on in life, you should learn from somepony who has a ton of experience. I will give Princess Cadence permission to extend the punishment up to another month if she thinks it is necessary. So you two had best learn your lesson by the time she comes back.”

Sunswirl blushed. “Twilight, I can't thank you enough for everything you’ve done, And for not putting us in jail. But….could we also see our son as a foal for a bit? We’re probably not going to get the chance to see him like that ever again.”

Twilight nodded with a smile, “Of course, I’m sure he would love to be with you two.”

Sunswirl smiled and bowed along with her husband as they both left the throne room.


The three soon came Starlight, with Sunburst on her back, and in what clearly seemed was a fresh diaper with foal powder billowing through the leg holes. Starlight herself was now chuckling, “Wow Sunburst I didn't think you’d mess yourself again so soon. What in Star Swirl’s beard did you eat?”

Sunburst just giggled and turned to his parents with a big smile on his face, shouting, “Mama! Dada!” His mom blushed as Starlight nodded.

Sunswirl took Sunburst into her embrace, as she hugged him close, “I'm sorry for everything I put you through.” She apologized.

Sunburst nuzzled her fur as he babbled, “I fowgive ya, Mama, I wove ya foweva and eva.”

Sunswirl only heard “Mama”, which made her kiss her son one more time. He beamed a grin at his mom, then hugged her nose. She held him up to her face using her magic and kissed him again. She then placed her foal on Starlight’s back and gave a apologetic smile to Sunburst’s friend, “Sorry for trying to regress you. I thought you were a foalnapper.”

Starlight laughed, “It’s okay, I've done worse. Sunburst clearly loves you, but you can't make all his decisions for him.”

Sunswirl nodded and hugged Starlight as she replied. “Thank you for being such a good friend to our son.”

Starlight blushed, now embarrassed, as Sunburst giggled and clapped his hooves.

Sunswirl just whispered, “It's...no problem.” She let go and watched as Starlight went back to the playroom, placing Sunburst back on the floor. He then came up to Flurry Heart, both of them giggling and talking to each other in their foal babble.

“Honey I'm glad that you finally learned to let go.” Sunspot said to his wife.

Sunswirl turned and sighed, “I was such an idiot, now I got you diaper duty for a month.”

Sunspot laughed and said. “Hey it could've been a lot worse. Besides I think we both learned a valuable lesson out of this whole experience.” They turned back to Starlight who was now sitting in the playroom, as Sunburst was chasing Flurry Heart, and they squealed and laughed.

Sunswirl nodded, “Our son is going to be fine on his own.”

Sunspot nuzzled her as he whispered, “I wonder what he’s talking about?”

Sunswirl smiled up at her husband ,“Who knows? We should ask him when he gets older and he’s out of diapers.”


Sunburst could only meep, as Flurry Heart finally tackled him to the floor and they began to chase each other around the room. Sunburst eventually turned to Starlight who was now keeping an eye on them. Sunburst blushed, scrunching his diaper as Flurry asked “Ya sitw embewased abou ya diapee?”

Sunburst sighed and said, “No, I jus um… not suwe how I shouwd feew. She my best fwiend, bu is weiwd she’s cawing fow me as a fowl.”

Flurry Heart pushed him and babbled “Wets go pway with hew then. Do ya want to pway wtih hew while ya stiw a fowl?”

Flurry Heart and Sunburst tackled Starlight, making her laugh as she fell with them. Before she could get back up they then started crawling away.

“Oh, are we playing hide and go seek?” Starlight asked. She started looking around the nursery for the foals. She looked under the crib and turned to see that the cabinet to the diaper changing table was ajar. She walked up with a smile, “Is somepony hiding under there?” She heard a foal’s giggle and opened it to find Sunburst hiding underneath a pile of diapers. She cooed “Oh Sunburst, I found you!”

He squealed, throwing diapers everywhere. He started crawling out of the cabinet with Starlight chasing him. He squealed some more, crawling as fast as he could with his stubby little legs. But he was no match for Starlight, she scooped him up in her magic and held him close, caressing his soft fur and whispering “I got you, little sun butt.”

Sunburst crossed his fore hooves and fell into Starlight’s warm fur as she then placed him on her back as she cooed. “Now let's go find Flurry Heart. She has to be around here somewhere.”

Sunburst looked around, as Starlight spotted something underneath the covers in the crib. She came over asking loudly, “Now where did Little Flurry Heart go?!”

Sunburst heard a peep come from the covers as he started to babble, “She undwneath the covas!”

Starlight lifted them and found a giggling Flurry Heart curled up, scrunching her diaper, which made Starlight laugh, “There’s the little princess!” She bent down and kissed her on the forehead, then she tucked Sunburst into Flurry’s crib as she whispered, “Now dears, time for night nights.”

Sunburst gazed up at Starlight with a pout, as she giggled and nuzzled him. He laughed as he hugged her nose and put his mouth on it. Starlight just hugged him close and gave him a kiss on the forehead. This made Sunburst giggle with glee, while Flurry Heart started getting fussy, kicking her foal blanket.

Starlight then kissed Flurry on the cheek, and draped the foal blanket over her. She nuzzled Flurry and whispered, “There there. You’re cute too, my little princess.”

Flurry Heart turned to Sunburst and asked, “Wasn’t tha fun?!”

Sunburst gave a nod as he buried himself underneath the foal blanket, “Yeah, I had awot of fun. I hope Twilie lets me stay a fowl fow a wong time.”

Flurry Heart hugged Sunburst as she whispered, “I hope ya stay a fowl fow a wong wong wong time.”

Sunburst curled up next to Flurry Heart and whispered, “Me too Fwuwwy.”


Starlight was watching the two foals now curled up together underneath their warm foal blanket sleeping soundly.

Twilight tiphoofed into the room so as to not wake the foals and asked, “Are they doing okay?”

Starlight turned and nodded, “They're doing wonderful. Those two are so happy together.”

Twilight giggled, “Well, we do still need to turn him back eventually.”

“Yeah, I know. Starlight muttered with a frown. She looked up at Twilight and asked, “How long should we keep him as a foal though? I was hoping we could keep him like this for a bit longer.”

Twilight scratched her chin as she grew a evil grin,”How about we play a little trick on my brother? It serves him right for keeping that big secret from me that he and Cadence were gonna have a baby. I like a good scavenger hunt, but for something as life changing as that I would’ve preferred knowing right away.”

Comments ( 12 )

Looking good, Sunburst's parents got a proper punishment and everypony is satisfied. :twilightsmile:

A fitting punishment for sunburst's Parents, what where they're even thinking? And Starlight would make a good mother, no doubt.

7897840

Yes this will be continued. And I think ill extend it with a few cute chapters for Starlight and Sunburst.

This story has been a lot of fun to read. Really makes you think on matters of parents wishing they had second chances along with what would someone do if given the chance to be young again.

Chapter 7 makes me think on what Starlight would be like as a mom. I never did think of it before, but I'm sure she would be a good one. She's grown a lot and would certainly be very involved. If it were her and Sunburst that had a foal, I'd bet (s)he would be quite the special Unicorn. :)

7907202

No im making a sequel instead.

Wouldn't said prank leave then without enough reversal powder for both shining and sunburst ?

Anyway fun fun read

This story is to awesome!

7944453 It's over... Noo!! :pinkiegasp: I want more! :flutterrage:

Should you place a comedy or adventure tag on your story? Because your story seems have those two in there.

Anyone else getting a "Rugrats"-Like feel for this story? Nonetheless cute fic!

Sunspot turned with a gulp, “We did, but some mare took them and ran off with them.”

Sunswirl cried, “We have to find them, we can't hoof our poor little Sunburst over to a complete stranger.” Then she asked. “Why would anypony steal poor foals?”

They don’t recognize Starlight!? :rainbowhuh: :facehoof:

I’m sorry to bother you,”

smile, “Hey you two, doing alright?” She asked. (——

I just had to make sure we could get to the palace without your crazy parents knowing you're here.”

until I know what’s going on here.”

I don’t think she took the foals.” Twilight told Sunswirl. (——

Flurry Heart and Sunburst’s lives might be on the line she couldn’t risk it.

I think I’m actually going to

trouble really, I’m just glad all the foals

“Yeah, I know.” (—— Starlight muttered with a frown.

Login or register to comment