• Published 2nd Jan 2017
  • 2,304 Views, 71 Comments

Finding Sunburst - Foal Star



Sunburst is Flurry's foal sitter while Cadence and Shining go out on vacation. While as a foal he and Flurry Heart become seperated and the two go on journey to be reunited.

  • ...
8
 71
 2,304

Chapter Three: A foalfied wizard, his mom and a strange vial.

Twilight and Sunstone were going around the park where Sunburst disappeared. Twilight came to the center of the sand filled area, where she fold a crystal pony colt and filly tugging at a star covered cloak. Twilight came over and asked them, “Hey, what’s going on here?! What are you doing with that cloak?”


The colt shouted, “My sissy is trying to steal my cloak!”


“No I found it first!” The filly shouted back.


“If you two don't mind, could I possibly have the cloak?” Twilight asked them. “It’s very important.”


The colt immediately bowed and replied politely, “Of course Princess Twilight,” His sister looked at the cloak with some reluctance, but still dropped it. The colt then took out a pair of glasses and replied,”I also found these.”


Twilight lifted the objects with her magic while the colt asked, “Are those things yours?”


Twilight shook her head, “No, in fact they belong to a friend of mine who recently went missing.”


The two foals gasped as the colt asked, “So, who do they belong to?”


“Sunburst of course.” Twilight replied.


The filly immediately perked up, “Oh yeah, Sunburst! We see him come here every once in awhile.”


Hoping for details, Twilight asked, “You have, huh? So, did you see him come here today?”


The colt replied, “Yeah, my sissy and I were playing tag, and I saw him playing with Flurry Heart.”


The filly added, “I saw him too! He was over there!” She shouted pointing to the sand pit.


“Did somepony foal nap Sunburst?!” The colt asked anxiously.


Not wanting to make the foals worry Twilight simply told them., “No, I’m sure he’s fine, now go run along. And if you find Sunburst, will you please tell me?”


The filly and the colt gave Twilight small smiles as they both said, “Okay, Princess Twilight, good luck finding him.” As they ran off, Twilight took hold of the objects and searched where the foals had pointed to. Upon inspection, she discovered a strange sparkle of some sort in the sand, and her horn instinctively flared to life. She sensed something was off with it, so she took out a vial, and scooped some of the glowing sand into it as she whispered, “This could be a clue. It might be a sign of powerful magic, the only question is who cast the spell and why?”


Meanwhile, Sunstone was busy talking to some parents with their sleeping foals, hoping to get some information about the orange coated foal and if anypony was missing such a foal. One mother told her, “Yes dear, I saw that naked foal. I was going to go grab him myself before you picked him up.”


“Is he alright?” The stallion asked.


Sunstone nodded and replied, “Oh, he’s fine, but I just wanted to know if you saw any other ponies that might look like him or were looking for him?”


The mare scratched her chin, “Now that you mention it, I saw a mare that looked quite similar to the wizard Sunburst not too long ago.”


Sunstone’s ears perked up upon hearing this, “Really?” She asked, hoping she hadn’t misheard.


“Yes she was older but had a similar colored coat, I assumed that she was related to him. However, when I tried to talk to her, she ran off.”


“Do you know if she’s still around?” Sunstone asked the mare. The couple shook their heads as Sunstone sighed, “Alright, well thank you anyways.”


Sunstone turned her head in time to see Princess Twilight fly up to her and ask, “Did you find anything?”


Sunstone shook her head, “I talked to everypony here, nopony saw what happened.”


Twilight then replied, “Well, I guess I was lucky then, a colt and a filly both said they saw Sunburst disappear, and I found his cloak and glasses near the sandpit. And that’s not all, I also noticed a sparkle of unknown origin in the same sand pit.”


Sunstone smiled, before she then asked. “So it seems Sunburst was turned into a foal, now we just need to know who cast the spell and to undo it.”


The two mares turned towards the Crystal Palace and started to head back when they heard a shout, “Wait! Princess Twilight!” They turned to see an older unicorn mare come running up to them. She had a dark orange coat, a brown and red mane, dark green eyes and a glowing sun with a swirl in the middle of it for a cutie mark. The mare then asked. “Did I get that right, your name is Princess Twilight Sparkle?”


Twilight hesitantly nodded as she replied, “Yes, that’s my name.”


The mare smiled as she stood up, “I’m Sunswirl, and I’ve come to visit Sunburst. Believe it or not I’m...um...I’m Sunburst’s mother.”


Twilight gasped a she shook hooves with Sunswirl, “Well it’s a pleasure to meet you. I never imagined meeting Sunburst’s mother here.”


“I’m sorry, I should of come by sooner,” Sunswirl apologized. “ In fact I didn’t know where he’d gone after he left Canterlot. But when I heard he became Flurry Heart’s crystaller I knew I had to finally come and see him again. Oh, I hope he doesn’t hate me for never writing to him or trying to track him down.”


“It’s okay, I’m sure Sunburst will be thrilled to see you.” Twilight smiled.


But Sunswirl shook her head, “I don’t think so. I’m actually kind of nervous about meeting my son...we haven't spoken in quite sometime.”


Sunstone gave Twilight an odd look as Twilight gulped and gave a nervous chuckle, “Well it’s great that you’re here to catch up with your son...but…”


Sunswirl quickly began to worry, a gasp escaping her lips! “Did something happen to Sunburst? Is he in trouble? did I come at a bad time?”


Sunstone immediately replied, “No, he’s fine. It’s just, well….”


Twilight sighed, looked Sunswirl in the eyes, and told her. “I think he’s a foal at the moment.”


Back at the castle, Sunburst was now being placed in Flurry’s crib along with Gemstone and Flurry Heart herself.


Spike was exhausted, his body was shaking and sweat was pouring from his brow as he gasped, “Alright you three, you have a nice nap now.”


Gemstone was gently closing her eyes, but Flurry and Sunburst were too excited. They were now babbling and giggling to each other. Sunburst whispered to Flurry Heart, “So, Fluwwy, afta owa nap, I wana go in ya bouncey thing.”


Flurry replied, “Weeally?” Her eyes all aglow.


“Uh yeah, is tat okay?” Sunburst asked nervously.


Flurry booped Sunburst on the nose as she replied, “Of couwse it is, but befowe ya do that ya got to compwete ya fowl twaining.”


“Oh, what do I have to do now?” Sunburst asked.


Flurry scratched her chin, before she giggled and replied, “Ya hungwy?”


Sunburst realized his stomach was growling and said, “I guess so?”


Flurry then replied, “Then we gotta get owa bottles.”


“Woah, bottles? I ...I don know. Besides, how do we'll tell Spike we hungwy?” Sunburst asked.


Flurry and Gemstone both laughed as Flurry told Sunburst, “We cwy, duh.”


Sunburst rolled his eyes. “Of cowse, should've known that.”


Flurry and Gemstone began to scrunch their faces up as Spike whispered, “Oh no!” Sunburst sighed, seeing that the other foals had begun wailing he started to wail along with them. Spike immediately came over, and then he looked around as he sighed, “I guess you three must be hungry.” He quickly went off and came back with bottles of milk, he placed one in each oto the hungry foals’ mouths.


When Sunburst grabbed his, he was reluctant to put his mouth on the amber niple but he turned to see that Flurry and Gemstone were greedily sucking down their formula. Sunburst sighed, as he then took the bottle and placed it into his mouth. His eyes went wide at how good the creamy formula tasted and continued to suckle on it. He giggled, accidentaly squirting some milk from his mouth, but he continued to suck down his lunch, now more content than ever.


Spike watched the foals, and when he saw that Sunburst was having trouble gripping his bottle, he helped Sunburst sit up and cooed, “It’s okay, Sunburst, I got it.” He then moved the bottle closer to Sunburst’s mouth.


Sunburst snuggled under his foal blanket and let Spike hold the bottle close to his mouth. As Sunburst’s eyes lazily drifted, he felt the power of sleep overwhelm him. He slowly closed his eyes, and before Spike knew it, all three foals were finally asleep.


Spike sighed in relief, seeing that all three babies were now deep in their dreams. Just then, Twilight, Sunstone, and another mare came into the room, causing Spike to whisper, “Please be quiet, I just got them to sleep.”


Twilight quickly came over to the slumbering foals and whispered, “Good job, Spike. I didn’t know you were so good with foals.”


Spike smirked, “Well, how can the Spike The Brave and Glorious save the Crystal Empire, and not take care of three foals?”


Twilight rolled her eyes, while Spike looked at the new mare who slowly came up to the crib and asked, “Is that really, Sunburst?”


“Yeah, as far as we know.” Spike replied.


The mare touched Sunburst’s cheek as tears welled up in her eyes “Oh, this is so surreal. I almost forgot how cute he looked as a foal.”


“So, is she Sunburst’s mother?” Spike asked Twilight.


Twilight nodded and replied, “Her name is Sunswirl,” Then to Sunswirl she offered. “If you want you can stay with your son for a bit/”


Sunswirl smiled as she looked up, “Oh, I would love to.”


Twilight then turned to Spike and asked, “Spike, um can I ask you for a small favor?”

Spike looked up. “Was is it?”


“Can you run things in the throne room for a few hours while I find a cure? I left some unfinished business while I was away.” Twilight explained..


Spike smiled brightly, “Of course I can, I’d rather do that than babysit.”


Twilight sighed, “Great, but his time don’t get distracted or carried away.”


Spike turned his head and blushed,”I learned my lesson, you won’t have to worry about floods or angry mobs this time.”


Twilight and Spike both laughed, then Spike quickly left the playroom.


Twilight turned to the two motherly mares and was going to say more. However, she quickly saw how the mothers were now dawwing and cuddling their foals so peacefully, and she didn’t want to disturb them. So Twilight silently walked out of the nursery and closed the door gently behind her.


Sunburst woke with a start, momentarily forgetting where he was and what had happened to him. As he got his bearings, he realized that a familiar mare was looking down on at him with large sweet eyes. He babbled, “No, can it really be?”


“Did you wake up?” Sunswirl cooed, as lifted her son into her loving embrace. He groaned, as he felt his tummy was upset. “Oh, are you gassy?” Sunswirl asked, she then placed her foal over her shoulder and started patting his padded behind. He suddenly spat up milk over her and Sunstone laughed, “Oh, Gemstone does that all the time.”


Sunswirl laughed too, “Yes I should’ve realized. How foolish of me.” She began cleaning her back up as Sunburst asked, “Mommy, why ya hewe?”


Sunswirl smiled at Sunburst’s incoherent babble and replied, “I know it’s been a while since we last saw each other. But don't you worry, Mommy is going to take good care of you.” She then sniffed the air and gagged.


Sunburst curiously looked down, realized his diaper was sagging, and gasped in horror. “Aw no! I can’t bewieve I messed mysewf!”


Surprisingly, Sunswirl giggled and laughed, “For some reason. I can't wait to change your diapee again, my little Sunshine.” She then lifted him onto the changing table and started un-taping his soiled diaped.


“So, do you have any other children?” Sunstone asked Sunswirl.


Sunswirl paused during the diaper change and sighed, “No, Sunburst is my only child.”


“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to pry.” Sunstone apologized.


“It’s alright…” Sunswirl replied, as she turned to Sunstone and asked, “By the way, I never got your name. What is it?”


“It’s Sunstone.” The crystal pony replied.


Sunswirl giggled, “Funny how our names are almost alike. It’s almost as if we were related,”’ Sunburst cried a bit as Sunswirl turned her attention back to her colt, “Oh, don’t worry, I'm going to clean you up. Mommy hasn’t forgotten.” Sunswirl resumed changing her son’s messy diaper, he gurgled as she finished wiping his bottom and began rubbing the foal cream into his nether regions. As she did so, she whispered, “It’s been too long. I should of come to see you graduate. But you never told your father or I what happened after you left Celestia’s school.”


Sunburst turned his head with a pout as his mother whispered, “Well we can talk about that when we get you back to normal,” She then sprinkled foal powder all over his rump, prompting him to sneeze and snot to fly everywhere. Sunswirl laughed, “Oh, you’re still messy as ever.” She quickly cleaned his boggers, then lifted his back hooves and sprinkled the foal powder all over his rump as he quivered.


“It seems you’ve kept your foal rearing skills.” Sunstone remarked.


“Yes it seems so, but it’s been so long since I last did something like this,” Sunswirl replied, as she continued strapping the diaper around her colt’s rump and strapped the tabs firmly over his belly. She then cooed, “Now give me a few good kicks for Mommy.”


Sunburst kicked his back legs, frantically causing clouds of foal powder to billow around him. Sunswirl then kissed him on the forehead and placed him on the padded floor of Flurry’s playroom. She began tickling him all over while he cooed and kicked his tiny legs.


Soon other cries echoed through the room, and the mares quickly scooped up the crying foals and changed their wet diapers. They too were placed on the ground with them rubbing their eyes.


Flurry asked, “So, ya alweady awake, Sunnybuwst?”


Sunburst gave an exasperated sigh, “Yeah.”


Flurry giggled upon seeing the fresh diaper and asked, “Di ya make a wettie ow a messy?”

“He made a messy! I know it was him, I couwd smeww it!” Gemstone shouted as she crawled over to him, prompting Sunburst to cry.


Flurry pushed Sunburst slightly, “So wha? Ya a foal now, wememba?” She told him.


Sunburst reluctantly nodded, “Yeah, and I wike the foal podaw too.” He started to bounce on his padding causing more clouds of foal powder to poof around him. The other foals giggled and laughed as they too started bouncing, make clouds of foal powder envelop them. Sunswirl blushed, as she could see the clouds of foal powder as clear as day.“Sorry, I didn’t realise I put so much on.”


Later that afternoon Sunburst was playing with his new friends and he looked up at his mom who waved to him. Flurry Heart looked up at the mysterious mare and asked, “So who’s that?”


Sunburst sighed with a hint of tension, “Yeah she’s my mommy.”

“Aww,” The foals all giggled. Then Flurry Heart asked, “Bu how is she ya mommy when ya a bi pony?”


Sunburst replied, “Well, I gwew up, Fwuuwwy Heawt, bu she’s still my mommy.”


Flurry groaned, “Oh well, I don wan yoa to gwow up and I don wan to gwow up eithew.”


Gemstone placed a hoof in her mouth and babbled, “Me neitha, gwoing up sownds bowing. Mommy and Daddy awways tawk about bowing gwon up stuff, and use tat scawy big potty that makes aww those woud noises.”


Sunburst giggled at the foalish answers, before Flurry told him, “Well ya stiw haven't done the wast thing to finish my fowl twaining.”


Sunburst eyed Flurry and asked. “What’s that?”


Gemstone shook her head, “He can’t do tat, I don tink he’s weady.”


But Flurry simply replied to Gemstone, “Nah, I thin he’s weady.”


Sunburst was now bouncing on his diaper and with newfound excitement he shouted, “Wha is it?!”


Flurry shouted, “Ya gots ta make a mess!”

Sunburst tilted his head, “Wha do ya mean?”


Flurry turned to Gemstone “Ya know wha ta do. Show him!”


Gemstone looked around and spotted the bottle of foal powder and a pack of diapers that had been left near the changing table. She put her hooves to her mouth giggling, as she crawled over to the diaper changing table and knocked over the bottle of foal powder, spilling it everywhere and making more clouds billow around her! She squealed in laughter and began smearing it all over the padded floor.


The mares gasped and went over to her, while Flurry was already flying over to the changing table! She fell into the package of diapers and began throwing them into the air! The mares were soon busy trying to get the two fillies, who were now crawling around as fast as possible trying not to get caught.


Sunburst looked around, trying desperately to find a way to get in on the the action when Twilight came in. “Hey everypony, I found a….” Her jaw dropped as she saw the mares picking up the giggling foals with foal powder and diapers now all over the place. Twilight quickly used her magic to help clean up the place and get the foals settled in their crib.


Sunswirl sighed, “Oh dear, this is all my fault. I left the diaper supplies out.”


But Sunstone laughed, “Oh don’t worry, it could’ve been a lot worse. Gemstone and Flurry Heart do this quite often.”


Twilight nodded as she then looked around. “Where’s Sunburst?”


Sunburst, seeing the vial on the ground, giggled and crawled across the floor to it, smashing it with his hooves. Twilight shouted, “No!” But it was too late, Sunburst gave her a confused look before vanishing!