• Published 19th Jun 2016
  • 222 Views, 0 Comments

Darkness of the Eclipse - Silverstream233



A solar eclipse is coming and Luna is feeling insecure. After all her days of rising the moon just for the night, now on this one day, she has to cover the her sister's sun with the face of her moon. But during the eclipse, a new darkness is unleashe

  • ...
 0
 222

Chapter 4

Twilight's POV

Next chapter is out! Something exciting is going to happen soon!

Princess Twilight paced her castle impatiently, waiting for her pet owl Owlicious to return. Hoot! A loud tapping on the window made her jump. She opened it with her magic and took the letter that he held in his beak. "Moon gave this to you, right?" She teased. She had a feeling her owl friend liked the snowy owl. Owlicious frowned and looked at his owner with serious eyes.

"I say, I think that owl of yours has given you a message that means no funny buisness." Discord's voice sounded behind her. Twilight didn't turn around to look at the draconequus, but instead opened up the letter.

"Girls!" She turned and called to her friends who were sitting in their crystal chairs. "We're needed in Canterlot. Princess Luna is sending a carriage to pick us up." She urged them. Rarity hopped down carefully and placed her nail polish on her chair.

"Princess Luna? Why does she need us? What about Princess Celestia?" She examined her hoof carefully before placing in down.Twilight sighed. "They're royal sisters. I guess Luna felt the need to sent her guards this time. After all she did send this letter." Discord and Spike looked downcast.

"Can I come too?" Spike begged. Princess Twilight shook her head. "I need someone to stay with Discord. After all, he's one of our friends and I don't want him to be all alone." She said. Spike looked uncertainly at the chaos bringer.

"What if he does something I can't stop? He always finds a way to cause trouble!" Spike exclaimed. Discord glared at Spike. Princess Twilight looked at Discord. "Remember, you can only fool around and do your magic in your own room. Anywhere else in the castle is forbidden and I'm serious ." Fluttershy gave her friend a firm glare.

"I know, Princess. You must know how to trust me." Discord said boredly. The six ponies gathered outside. Ponies gasped in surprise as they saw Princess Luna riding in a carriage, pulled by four of her guards. They shifted closer as they landed near Princess Twilight's castle.

"Hello everypony. How is everyone?" She smiled at Princess Twilight and Rainbow Dash.

"Does this visit have anything to do with why you were in the old castle?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Perhaps." Luna did not change her expression, but there was a flicker of uncertainty in her eyes. "I assume you know another solar eclipse is coming soon." She looked straight at Princess Twilight as she spoke.

"Oh yes. We helped Rarity make a bunch of those special sunglasses so we can look safely at the eclipse." Applejack said. "It was a pain making them for me, but I was just being helpful." Rarity flicked her hair proudly.

"I actually made a special one just for the princesses, with extra glamor of course," She said happily. Using her magic, she takes out the special sunglass. Luna's eyes widened as she saw it. It was decorated with tiny blue sapphires and pieces of jewels shaped into a moon.

"For you, Princess Luna." Rarity said, dipping her head respectfully.

"Rarity, it's beautiful! I don't know how you could have done this." Luna whispered. "And please, my friends, just call me Luna." She placed the sunglasses delicately upon her head.

"There is another thing that troubles me about this eclipse, sister." Luna said as she led Twilight and her friends down the hall. Priness Celestia had joined them when they had arrived. "The eclipse will only last a few minutes, but around this time, I know for a fact that the dark creatures on the moon are at their strongest." She said seriously. Princess Celestia thought for a moment before turning a concerned glance at her sister. "The solar flares are at the strongest as well. There will be more solar flares around this time than anytime else." She murmured. "Luna?" She stared down at her sister in surprise. She was beginning to glow brightly. The mane six and Princess Celestia watched in confusion as the entire hall was blinded by whiteness.