• Published 19th Jun 2016
  • 222 Views, 0 Comments

Darkness of the Eclipse - Silverstream233



A solar eclipse is coming and Luna is feeling insecure. After all her days of rising the moon just for the night, now on this one day, she has to cover the her sister's sun with the face of her moon. But during the eclipse, a new darkness is unleashe

  • ...
 0
 222

Chapter 27

Luna packed up the rest of her stuff into her bag and draped it over herself. With Moon perched on her bag, she got ready to leave for Ponyville in her carriage.

"Which guards would you like to go with you?" Musical looked up from a long list hovering in front of her with her magic.


"Only my personal guard," Luna replied with a long look at Thunder Hoof.

"Your highness, Princess Celestia insists on having extra guards with you due to the events that happened a couple of months ago," Thunder Hoof said.

"Alright, if that's what she wants," Luna sighed. She took her seat at the front of the carriage, while her two unicorns guards sat in the back. Her pegasi guards lifted off and pulled the carriage on its way to Ponyville. When they landed, Twilight and her friends were already waiting. Even from a distance, Luna could see Pinkie Pie bouncing about and shooting confetti from her party cannon as she arrived. When she got off, they bowed respectfully. After the greeting was done, Pinkie pie let all out all her energy.

"PRINCESS SLEEPOVER! WOOHOO!" She squealed, blasting confetti out as she went. Luna couldn't suppress her laughter as she watched the energetic earth pony.

"Pinkie Pie, maybe you should calm down a bit," Twilight began, looking nervously over at Luna.

"Oh, that would be difficult, especially for Pinkie," Luna laughed. "Everything doing ok in Ponyville? The last time I was here, there was snow everywhere."

"Oh, the snow has all melted and everything's back to the way it was before. We'll be spending the night in my room, Luna. I've arranged for an extra bed for you as well as everypony else's beds," Twilight told her as they walked through the castle halls.

"Hello Princess," Discord poked his head out from his room and waved a greeting. "Fluttershy, I set up the dining table and," he paused. "I tried my very best to uh..organize it," he struggled to say the word 'organize' since it was very well the opposite of the chaos he usually did.

"That's very nice of you, Discord. Thank you," Fluttershy flew up to give him a small hug.

"You will let me hang out with you too, right?" He placed on a pair of glasses with pleading eyes on its lens.

"Oh! Um.." Twilight stammered.

"Um..well..we sorta wanna," Applejack began, but she stopped and looked down at the ground awkwardly.


"It's alright with me," Luna said, breaking the awkwardness.

"Well alright, Princess," Applejack nodded.

"Just as long as you don't cause too much trouble...this is suppose to be our special night with Princess Luna," Rainbow Dash told him, her voice wary but not suspicious .

"Of course," Discord replied, but his eyes flickered away as he spoke. The girls and the Luna spent most of their afternoon in Twilight's room. Luna took the opportunity to spend an equal amount of time with each of Twilight's friends to get to know them better. Rarity promised her a beautiful new dress. Fluttershy introduced her pet owl to her other critter friends. She helped Applejack bake and sampled some of her apple pastries. Rainbow dash, however, challenged her to a race.

"But I won't favor just because you're a princess," Rainbow Dash told her

"Hmm, I wouldn't expect you to," Luna replied, flashing her a grin. "Don't worry. I won't use magic. But I have to warn you...my wings are larger than yours,"

"Eh, I've beaten Twilight at every single race," Rainbow boasted.

"Hey! That's because I don't use my wings often!" Twilight protested from behind the starting line.

"Ready," Applejack called. "On yer marks...get set...go!" Both racers took off, their wings pumping as they flew into the air.



. . .

"Look at those two love birds," Fluttershy giggled. Luna turned and she could see Moon and Owlowiscious perched together on Twilight's balcony, their heads close. When Fluttershy giggled, they turned their heads around without turning their bodies and stared over at them. They gave loud hoots of annoyance before turning back around. Luna chuckled and stretched out her wings slightly. She had been so close to coming in after Rainbow Dash that Applejack had decided it was a tie. She could see Rainbow Dash sulking in the corner with Tank, and couldn't help but laugh again.

"What are we going to do now? It's not even sunset yet," Rarity said, breaking the silence. "OH I've got it! We can all go down to the spa for some relaxation, what do you say?"

"That would be lovely," Fluttershy said.

"Eh, I rather not get into the froo froo stuff," Rainbow Dash said boredly.

"Well, maybe you can get a massage or something. Looks like you're outvoted, Rainbow," Twilight chuckled.

"What do you think, Luna?" Fluttershy turned to her.

"A spa treatment would be lovely," she replied.

"Or a deep tissue massage," Rainbow Dash added.

"Then let's go!"



. . .

"Your highness, what a lovely surprise!" Lotus blossom and Aloe hurried to greet them, bowing respectfully.

"What can we do for you today, Princess? " Lotus asked politely.

"What are the options?" Twilight asked

"Here you go," Lotus passes her a piece of paper.

"The steam rooms sound pretty relaxing," Twilight read out loud. "And we could always go for a mud bath after." Her friends nodded in agreement and turned to the princess who gave her approval.

"This way," Aloe said, walking though a door way covered by a curtain.

"This room is for special reservations and guests, so its rarely used," Aloe said, opening up a door. "Enjoy and call me if you need anything," Then she leaves the ponies to settle down.

"Now all we need to do is wait for the steam to to come in," Rarity instructed, placing a damp towel on her face and sitting back.

"Are these any spas in the castle?" Fluttershy asked as she wrapped a towel carefully around her head.

"A few, but I've never really gone to them myself," Luna admitted.

"I suppose they are a lot more relaxing than the ones here," Rarity pointed out. As she spoke, steam sizzled out from rock pit at the center of the room.

"Where's Rainbow Dash?" Spike asked, looking around for the rainbow-haired pegasus.

"She's probably not into this girly froo froo stuff. I think I saw her go into the massage room," Fluttershy said.

"Ai!" Pinkie pie squealed as she touched the rocks with a hoof. "Hottt!" She squealed as she began hopping around on three legs.

"Well, obviously its hot, Pinkie pie. Honestly, where do you think the heat is coming from?" Rarity said in a muffled voice, but Luna was sure she had rolled her eyes under the towel.

"Did your guards come with you, Princess? I didn't see them," Twilight asked.

"Oh, they're waiting outside the spa. I just hope ponies don't get nervous," Luna chuckled. The door opens and Aloe pokes her head in.

"I've brought in some drinks and snacks if you would like them, your highness. I apologize that its not Canterlot worthy," Aloe said, dipping her head.

"That's quite alright, Aloe. Do you mind bringing some in for Twilight and her friends as well?" Luna asked, feeling slightly embarrassed that Aloe had not asked the rest of her friends.

"Oh, there's plenty for everyone," Aloe pushes in a cart and distributes a glass of lemonade and snacks for everyone before leaving again.

"Hang on! Discord is missing too! Didn't he want to come too?" Fluttershy looked around for the draconequus .

"I think he went with Rainbow Dash," Applejack replied.

"Not quite," Discord's voice echoed into the room. Twilight let out a shriek of surprise as the towel she had draped around her head turned into Discord.

"Wait, he was like that the whole time?" Spike asked. "That's...kind of...," He stopped and shuddered despite of the heat in the room.

"I'll be off for a massage then," He snapped his fingers and two towels appeared. He gave one to Twilight and wrapped the other around his waist before leaving.

"He's really changed, hasn't he?" Luna murmured.

"Weelll, kind of. He still messes around sometimes, but everybody makes mistakes," Fluttershy said loyally.

After they left the steam room, Discord and Rainbow Dash joined them, their expressions relaxed. Other ponies in the waiting room were looking nervously over at Discord and shifting away from him.

"Maybe we should pass on the mud room. I was hoping to get more of a tour of Ponyville and get to know each of you a little better individually." Luna said.

"Of course, princess. Why don't we start with Sweet Apple Acres?" Applejack suggested.

"I would love too," Luna nodded. The ponies separated to their own homes to prepare for Luna's visits to each. They headed towards the farm, with Luna's guards following a little way behind them.

"Princess Luna!" Applebloom ran towards them as they approached with Big Mac hurrying behind her

"Now Applebloom, is that anyway to greet the Princess?" Big mac said sternly as they stopped. Luna blinked in surprise because she knew Applejack's brother rarely spoke such big words and usually only said 'e yup' and nope'. Apple Bloom ducked her head and bowed in respect.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" Luna smiled.

"Yes," Apple Bloom nodded. "Scootaloo and Sweetie tell me they've been visited by you in their dreams. Are you gonna visit me next?" Her eyes grew huge.

"Oh Applebloom, I can't just visit your dream because you want me to. I visit ponies because I help them with their problems in the dream world," Luna laughed.

"Hmm, I guess you're right. Sweetie Belle said you visited her because she was having problems with her sister after that play we did. And Scootaloo saw you because she had to face your fears..I'll wait my turn," Apple Bloom said at last and bounced away.

"Now this here is the orchard. All of us, Big Mac, me, Granny Smith, and Apple Bloom put all our heart and souls into tending to the trees everyday. And its a lot of work," As she spoke, Applejack kicked back her hind legs against a tree trunk and allowed apples to fall into the basket below it. Big Mac and Apple Bloom were at some other trees. bucking apples as well.

"Why don't you make yourself at home while I finish my chores? I'm sorry I couldn't show more hospitality at the moment, princess," Applejack dipped her head slightly.

"I would love to help you out for a bit. Life in the castle is great, but it can get a little boring. Sometimes, I want to take a break from being a princess and being royal and just be a regular pony like everypony here in Ponyville," Luna stopped, realizing she was talking too much.

"If you're sure its alright, then we would gladly accept your help," Applejack replied. Luna flew up towards the top of the hill over the orchard and used her magic to lift the apples off the trees and into a cart.

"Wow! Now I really wish I was a unicorn. Maybe I would have gotten my cutie mark already if I knew magic," Apple Bloom grumbled.

"Don't be silly. You should be proud to be the pony you are," Applejack said sternly as they walked back towards the house. When they got inside, Luna was offered a fresh serving of apple cider and apple pie.

The rest of the day was a blast. She helped Pinkie Pie bake a cake for the sleepover party; Rarity had promised her a new dress, and Rainbow Dash had challenged to another race. This time, she secretly let the pegasus win. At the end of the day, all six ponies were back at Twilight's castle. Luna steps outside and slowly raises the moon, aware of the crowd of ponies who had gathered to watch her. By the time she flew back down to the ground, the ponies were murmuring to each other in awe. They had seen Celestia raise the sun many times but they had never experienced her raising the moon. Its truly a beautiful thing and they know this now. Luna thought, smiling to herself. She waved her hoof once to the crowd before going back inside the castle. The rest of night would truly be fun.



"....and they never came out of those woods again!" Rainbow Dash finished, waving her hooves dramatically in the air. Sweetie Belle pressed in closer to her. The cutie mark crusaders had joined the sleepover shortly after she began to night and so did Pipsqueak. She had not seen the colt for a very long time. The last day she had seen him was during the Summer Sun celebration. Rarity gave a yawn as Rainbow finished her story.

"It's getting late. Maybe we should all get some shut-eye," Twilight stated, peering out the window. The rest of Ponyville was already dark and the only light illuminating the room were a few lit candles.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I can probably stay up for the rest of the night!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Um, I think you had too much cake, sugarcube," Applejack told her.

"HOW can anypony have too much cake? I mean, its sugary and there's frosting and there's sprinkles!" Pinkie pie squealed.

"How about we go play hide and seek in the Everfree forest?" Rainbow Dash suggested.

"Oh goodness, I really don't think thats a good idea. I mean, the forest is full of all sort of monsters that could hurt somepony," Fluttershy said worriedly.

"Oh come ON, Fluttershy! We've spent plenty of our time saving Equestria from ponies and villains. What harm could a few monsters do?"

"I know...but what about the fillies?" She pointed a hoof towards the CMC and Pipsqueak.

"How about we play hide and seek in the old castle?I suppose its safer?" Twilight suggested.

"Um well, if tons of booby traps and secrets rooms that could potentially get you trapped counts as safe.."Rarity said.

"Why don't we just play here?" Luna suggested.

"I guess we could, but its not as scary," Rainbow Dash said slowly, but she was careful to not complain in front of the princess.

"The castle is pretty huge. To be honest, I haven't explored most of it myself," Twilight admitted.

"I'll be it first," Luna steps forward.

"Oh alright , if you're sure princess," Fluttershy blinked up at her with uncertain eyes.

"I'm off!" Rainbow Dash flew off, a rainbow trail behind her. Luna turned to face the wall to count down. It had been a very long time since she had played this game. She closed her eyes, remembering faints bits of memory of playing in the Canterlot gardens with Princess Celestia when she was young. She was probably around five years of age. But she also remembered a shadow, peering at them, always watching. She shook her head and began the countdown.



It was nearly 11:30pm when she found all six ponies, including Spike ,and Discord as well. Pipsqueak and the CMC had gone home early since they got tired faster than the older ponies.Discord was the most difficult to find with his ability to morph into strange objects. Even Pinkie Pie was tired, but not all of energy had been spent. She curled up in one of the small six beds who had been arranged in a semi circle around Twilight's larger bed. A medium sized bed, with a blanket covered in stars had been placed next to it. Luna curled up in the covers, watching as her friends each got into their own beds. She closed her eyes and sleep quickly took over her. A wisp of purple smoke came forward to greet her, as though it had been waiting. Luna shook her head.

"No, Tantabus. not tonight..." Luna insisted.

"But you've waited your punishment for too long..." it said in a whispery voice. Luna bowed her head.

"You're right...do what you must...," The last thing she remembered in her dream was being swept up into the old throne room of the castle ruins.





This is my longest chapter ever! Sorry I couldn't keep each chapter at the same amount of time for reading, but I might change that by adding a few minor details to each chapter.The story is coming to an end, so be ready for more! Please leave a comment down below :)