• Published 19th Jun 2016
  • 222 Views, 0 Comments

Darkness of the Eclipse - Silverstream233



A solar eclipse is coming and Luna is feeling insecure. After all her days of rising the moon just for the night, now on this one day, she has to cover the her sister's sun with the face of her moon. But during the eclipse, a new darkness is unleashe

  • ...
 0
 222

Chapter 12

"You go first." The Queen snickered, resting her head on the side of the throne she was on. Luna glared at her angrily, but nodded.

"If I win after three duels, you will release my sister and we will both decide your fate." Luna said. The Queen sat up, her expression surprised.

"Is that really all you want in this deal?" She crooned. Luna looked at her unblinking.

"What more do I need? I already have the support of my ponies." She broke off as Queen Eclipse jumped off the throne at in front of Luna. She tensed, ready to use her magic.

"Are you sure you have enough support?" She sneered. "Anyways, if I win, obviously I will...I shall take over all of Equestria and your sister will be my slave." She sighed as though she was thinking about what would happen if that came true.

"That will never happen!" Luna snapped.

"My dear...you didn't even let me finish deciding what I'll do with you." Her eyes glowed wickedly. Luna couldn't help but tremble slightly, but she held her head high.

"You...will be sent to the moon and there will never be any way for you to return! And I will be taking over the duties of raising and lowering both the moon and the sun!" Lightning crackled overhead as she reared up, laughing. Luna heard gasps of horror from somewhere behind her, but the Queen was too busy laughing to notice.

"Now, get out of my sight! I shall be staying in this castle until I get used to living in Canterlot in the future." There was a bright flash of light and Luna could feel herself blasted away and she landed hard at the edge of the forest. Twilight and her friends were flung out after.

"Why that little-" Rainbow Dash attempted to fly back towards the old ruins, but Twilight held her back with her magic. She came to Luna's side.

"Look, Princess Cadence and Shining Armor will help you defeat her and so will we." She said. Luna shook her head, her expression determined.

"No, this is my battle alone." Luna insisted. They all stared at her in surprise.

"How can you possibily defeat her alone?" Fluttershy said worriedly.

"Why can't I?" Luna replied, but there was a note of uncretainty in her voice now. She and her sister had always fought enemies together. During her banishment, there had been 1000 moons of peace and after her return, Twilight and her friends had bore the elements. But now, there were no elements since they had been returned to the Tree of harmony. She shook her head and flew off to the edge of Ponyville, staring up at the sky where the stars and the moon were meant to be. She glanced in misery at the black vine covered Canterlot from the distance. I always thought we would fight enemies side by side, sister...but this time, I'll try to be strong and handle it myself. Too exhausted to fly back, she curled up on the grass and tried to best to visit her sister in dream.