• Published 19th Jun 2016
  • 223 Views, 0 Comments

Darkness of the Eclipse - Silverstream233



A solar eclipse is coming and Luna is feeling insecure. After all her days of rising the moon just for the night, now on this one day, she has to cover the her sister's sun with the face of her moon. But during the eclipse, a new darkness is unleashe

  • ...
 0
 223

Chapter 3

"You sure you saw someone fly in here, Princess Twilight? No pony ever goes into the Everfree forest and especially not at night!" Rainbow Dash was saying. Princess Twilight stretched her wings out.

"We've been in here plenty of times with the others! and there's no need to call me Princess, remember? You can just call me Twilight like you always do!" She said. Luna sighed and began walking down the halls.

"You are right that somepony did fly in here, Princess Twilight."Luna said softly. Startled, the two girls turned around. "Princess Luna!" Rainbow Dash and Twilight gasped. Rainbow Dash dipped her head respectfully, while Twilight ran up to her.

"Princess Luna! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in Canterlot?" Princess Twilight asked. Princess Luna smiled. "Even a princess can use some time alone from royalty, right?" She blinked down at her friend. Princess Twilight chuckled. It was true. She couldn't get used to this royalty and respect that a princess should have, especailly when her best friends treated her like one. Princess Luna sighed, her mind still spinning from the disturbing discovery she had made in her library. "Luna, are you alright? You seem distressed." Rainbow Dash said, concerned. Should i tell them? I...can't put them in danger. I shall let my sister know first.

"I'm fine." Princess Luna replied, smiling the best she could. "I must be getting home. I don't want to be here longer than I'm suppose to." She walked toward the entrance of the old castle, Rainbow Dash and Princess Twilight following. When they reached the edge of the forest, Princess Luna lifted a cloak out from her bag and draped it over herself. "Farewell, my friends. Perhaps we shall meet again soon." She took off and waved a hoof as Princess Twilight and Rainbow Dash flew home. As she neared the castle, two of her guards flew towards her. "Where have you been, Princess? Your sister has been frantic." They escorted her to the balcony window from where she had flown away. She let out an exasperated sigh. She was no longer a little filly, yet her sister still worried about her. Too much... Luna thought. She braced herself as her sister burst into the room and embraced her in a hug. "Luna! Why did you run off like that? I'm sorry..I shouldn't have joked about something like that! I should have known that it would hurt you." She whispered.

"It's alright, sister. Mistakes happen." She said, relaxing in her sister's grip. But she knew this happiness wouldn't last long. Taking a deep breath, she pushed herself away from her sister and stared at her with serious eyes. "I flew over to our old castle and I found something...disturbing." At the tone of her sister's voice, Princess Celestia glanced down at her sister. Princess Luna took out the book and flipped over to the correct page. She laid the book down in front of her sister and waited as she read. When she finished, her seriousness reflected in Luna's eyes. "I think it's time for Princess Twilight and her friends to come to Canterlot once more." Turning to the guards that had escorted her here, "Send a message to Princess Cadence and Shining Armor. We'll need plenty of sercurity for Canterlot and Ponyville." As the guards flew off, Princess Luna began writing a letter to Princess Twilight as she lowered the moon to make way for the dawn. She opened the door to her pet snowy owl, Moon's cage and watched as she flew off with the letter in her beak.