• Published 19th Jun 2016
  • 222 Views, 0 Comments

Darkness of the Eclipse - Silverstream233



A solar eclipse is coming and Luna is feeling insecure. After all her days of rising the moon just for the night, now on this one day, she has to cover the her sister's sun with the face of her moon. But during the eclipse, a new darkness is unleashe

  • ...
 0
 222

Chapter 25

"Luna! Are you alright? Wake up, please!" Celestia's desperate voice aroused her and she squinted her eyes against the harsh light. She looked around to find herself tucked in her bed with Twilight, Celestia and the rest of her friends standing around her including Trixie and Meadow leaf.

"What happened?" Luna asked wearily.

"Well, um, you kinda fainted and we had to bring you back to Canterlot," Applejack told her.

"You're not ill," Meadow Leaf said quickly, her horn glowing a light green. "You've just used up a lot of your energy and magic. What you need is rest," She added.

"Shouldn't we let the real doctor look at her?" Rarity asked. "No offense," She added, glancing over at Meadow leaf who shrugged to show that she hadn't been offended. Luna didn't respond, but instead, the hurtful words her sister had spoken while wearing the amulet was going through her mind.

"She'll on her way," Celestia replied.

"I think she's right. A good rest should be fine for me," Luna insisted, suddenly feeling the urge to be alone.

"But wasn't your wing hurt?" Pinkie pointed out.

"It's fine now," Luna said quickly as Celestia ran a hoof over her wings.

"If you say so," Celestia narrowed her eyes suspiciously, but beckoned for the ponies to leave the room. "If you need anything, call me. I'll be in my room. I'll tell the doctor to come after your nap," She called over her shoulders.

"Don't banish Asteria without me!" Luna called. Celestia paused, glanced back at her with a sigh, and nodded.

As the door closed, Luna laid her head back upon her pillow and pulled the blankets close, finally letting her exhaustion sweep her into the dark. Her dream landscape hadn't appeared yet. Odd..maybe because no pony else is sleeping or it needs to rebuild itself. Horror struck her as she remembered the dream landscape crumbling around her. Was it gone for good? Would she never walk into ponies' dreams again? She held back a tear and sat there in the darkness, dread running through her. A good ruler must make sacrifices.. She told herself over and over again, but the agony was still there and she couldn't help but feel selfish that she may have lost the only connection she had with the Cutie mark Crusaders.

"Giving up so soon?" Nightmare Moon's chilling voice reached her.

"Leave me alone. I no longer need you!" Luna whipped around to face the evil alicorn.

"But you are me!" Nightmare Moon began.

"NO!" Luna screamed out the words. Nightmare Moon vanished into darkness.

"Snowdrop...come back to me," She whimpered, feeling like a filly again.

"Luna has betrayed you once. What is to say she won't do it again?" The words echoed out from the darkness as Celestia's voice.

"You should never have given up so much power!" Nightmare Moon's voice came again. Luna turned, but she could see nothing.

"Stop it! Why can't you just leave me in peace? I don't need you! You are nothing!" She snapped. She strained to hear Nightmare Moon's respond, but Luna could no longer feel her presence.

Had I really scared her off just like that? Luna thought, stunned. Then she shook her head, knowing she'd be back. Luna continued to pace around the darkness until she saw a light. Without hesitation, she ran towards it. With a cry of surprise, she realized she was sitting outside a dungeon cave.

"Luna, I've been expecting you," Asteria's grinning face peered through the bars. Luna jerked back in surprise.

"You're a prisoner! You've got no right to be in my dream!" Luna snapped.

"I didn't go into your dream," Asteria said simply. "This is your dream. You control it. You've been thinking of me too much," She cocked her head curiously.

"I-" Luna broke off, not knowing how to respond. "You're a criminal. I won't waste my time here speaking with you." Luna turned to go, but Asteria called after her.

"Stop! You are not my sister, Asteria!" Luna cut her off.

"Stop using that pathetic name!" She yelled. Luna turned to face her, surprised.

"' Asteria' isn't my real name. I hate it, but it's better than using the name your parents gave me! Princess Selene," She said it with a sneer.

"That's a beautiful name!" Luna burst out.

"It doesn't fit me! Selene means moon, but your name also means moon. That makes us alike, doesn't it?" She crooned.

"No," Luna told her. "We are nothing alike. You seek the throne only for power. Celestia and I are rulers with compassion and wisdom. We know the meaning of sacrifice. You do not seek the love of your ponies."

"And I suppose you didn't?" Asteria shot back. Luna blinked.

"My time as Nightmare Moon is past. The ponies have forgiven me." But I haven't Luna did not speak the words aloud, knowing she would seem weak. She turned her back on Asteria and left the room.