• Published 19th Jun 2016
  • 223 Views, 0 Comments

Darkness of the Eclipse - Silverstream233



A solar eclipse is coming and Luna is feeling insecure. After all her days of rising the moon just for the night, now on this one day, she has to cover the her sister's sun with the face of her moon. But during the eclipse, a new darkness is unleashe

  • ...
 0
 223

Chapter 29

The throne room indeed looked very different. It seemed much larger to Luna now than it did then. At the end of the throne room were two thrones. One was dark blue with a moon symbol at the top along with some stars and the other was Celestia's usual throne. The small platforms next to and under her throne had been extended to make room for her throne and it looked much bigger. In fact, the entire throne room looked bigger as well. Luna was lost for words.

"So...this was the dark magic cleaning up I heard from you, huh?" She said at last, turning to her sister.

"Well...yes..I had to think of a way to keep you of the throne room completely. Rarity helped with the design of your throne and she had a couple of construction ponies to come help extend the room,"Celestia explained. Luna cocked her head.

"Was the sleepover meant to be a distraction too?"

"Mostly, yes, but I also wanted to spend some time with your Ponyville friends and to take a break from being a princess," Celestia replied. "So, do you like it?"

"I love it,"Luna replied and touched her horn lightly with her sister's. Then she stepped back and went to examine her throne. It looked similar to her old one, but it was larger and had more designs to it. Although it was still slightly smaller than her sister's, she loved it. She sat upon it and admired the view she had from the throne.

"Would you like to go have fun now, Luna?" Celestia's eyes shone.

"Are we bringing the party to Canterlot?" Luna asked, startled.

As she spoke, she could hear many voices outside the throne room door. She got off the throne and headed toward the room where the Gala was usually held. It was filled with ponies who had come from Canterlot as well as Ponyville. Pinkie was already setting up all the party supplies, hanging streamers everywhere. A huge wave of emotion crashed over Luna as she scanned the throne room. Then she laughed and began dancing along with the ponies. As she partied, she saw Shining armor and Princess Cadence join them. She also thought she saw Snowdrop hurrying through the crowd of ponies towards her. Luna stumbled through the crowd of ponies towards her, but to her disappointment it wasn't her. Of course it wasn't...Snowdrop is gone and she has been for over a thousand years.. Then a thought dawned on her and hit her like a ton of bricks. How many more friends would she have to lose while they aged and she stayed immortal as an alicorn? Luna stopped dancing and looked at each of her friends, her eyes filling with emotion.

"Luna, everything alright?" Twilight looked over at her. Luna shook the sad thoughts away and nodded.

"If you're ready, your cake is on the table," Princess Cadence stepped up next to her and nodded to the far corner where a large pale blue cake sat on the table. The music stopped and changed into the "Happy birthday" tune as she walked towards her cake. The ponies stopped dancing and stood around the table as well, forming a circle. Luna smiled up at her sister as they began to sing. After that, everything had cake and the dancing started again. It was well after midnight when everypony was worn out. As Luna waved good bye to the last pony, she turned back to her sister.

"Will every one of my birthdays be like this?" She asked tiredly.

"Hopefully not...but you only have so many friends," Celestia's eyes blinked down at her.

"Of course," Luna smiled. She had truly never had so much fun in all her life. Not even the time she went down to celebrate Nightmare Night. The fillies had begged for bedtime stories, so Luna tells them stories her sister used to tell her when she was small. My children of the Night Luna thought. She had almost forgotten completely about Asteria.

"Come,Luna. Let's get you to bed," Celestia draped a wing over her as she watched the maid ponies clean up the party. Luna turned and followed her. Before she went into her bedroom, she hugged her sister close and whispered. "Love you, Tia. Thank you,"

"Love you too, Lulu" Celestia whispered back, calling her by her nickname as well. Luna climbs into bed and closes her eyes.

"Tantabus," She said warily as a wisp of purple smoke greeted her as soon as she sunk into sleep.

The purple smoke, of course says nothing only floats in front of her as though waiting.

Why must I do this? Luna asked herself. Everypony loves me...my birthday party has proved that. They've forgiven me. Or was it simply an act?

"No," Luna says out loud, shaking her head. I can't forgive myself...I have not made up for the way I hurt them. She dips her head towards the Tantabus and braced herself









The book is done! I hope you've enjoyed my little story about Luna! I've left you at a cliffhanger >:) for those of you who haven't yet watched season 5, go ahead and do so and you'll find out what the tantabus is. I'll be posting another story real soon! Comment below on whether you want another mlp book or a warrior cat book! Other options may be suggested as well, such as Harry Potter, The Mortal instruments, Survivors, or seekers.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment