• Published 28th Nov 2011
  • 7,512 Views, 259 Comments

Joy of hidden Love and the Wrath of Lust. - FoxofRarity



Even the best of Ponies like Twilight can fall to the Power of Lust. Leading to clashes with Friendship and Love Itself.

  • ...
115
 259
 7,512

PreviousChapters Next
Rarity's and Rainbow Dash's strong Love and The Plea of the Griffon.

Joy of hidden Love and the Wrath of Lust


By.FoxofRarity

Chapter. 65




Disclaimer- My Little Pony Friendship is magic belongs to Hasbro and Lauren Faust Arthur's note at end.




In the night covering Equestria an invisible stream of bright light shines down to the Carousel boutique bringing forth the Archangel. Lauren walks into the guest room where Rarity and Gilda are sharing the only remaining bed in the house. “Rarity you want strength so I shall give you some in this dream I’m giving you.” She bends down and kisses Rarity’s forehead giving Rarity a dream of Spike and her rehearsing their wedding. Lauren sometimes like to take a peek into what’s to come and being a part of the Divine Trinity gives her the benefit to see the future through the choices one makes. Then the Archangel goes to Gilda’s side of the bed. “Oh Gilda, if you think you know everything about your father is right, then sadly you’re wrong. He shall fight himself once again to protect you. Please stay by him and don’t leave him for Celestia will think you’re me.” Again Lauren is speaking from her peek into the future.

Lauren makes her way into Rarity’s room where Sweetie Belle and Gold Sky sleep, she of course can’t help but pat Sweetie Belle’s near puffy mane. “Well an adorable pony she is.” The white mare lays her eyes on the stallion. “Gold Sky, for the first time I almost don’t know what to say however, you are what you are, you cannot fight what the slaughter of innocent children given you and you will embrace it. You don’t want to become a shadow standing behind your daughter…you shall and you shall not. From this day forward. Your Love. Your strength and your Weakness. Shall be used against you. You are Love and in your embrace, you will become the very thing that touched you and turned you into silver dust.” Lauren nuzzles the Alicorn feeling sorry for him. “At least your mother will help you gain back some of your innocence.” Before leaving Lauren kisses him twice on the forehead. “Oh!” But remembers something. “Pick red, since you wondered how you’ll look in that hair color.”

With that the invisible light takes her back to the heavenly paradise.

***
“What did Lauren mean by that?” Cadance asks herself for even in sleep she is still connected to Gold Sky’s mind.

***
“All things start anew when I raise my sun.” Princess Celestia flies from her balcony to raise her sun.

**

Dawn

**
Luna didn’t like it when Rainbow Dash took all the pillows and blanket in response for the insecurity. “I can’t blame my lovely Rainbow Dash for acting the way she’s acted I guess it’s normal in disputes between loved ones.” Luna nuzzles Rainbow. “Well time for me to take my morning shower and leave Rainbow the cold water, hehehe, that’s going to be funny.” The Princess of the Night turns on the hot water and gets in.
“I want to change the world, kaze wo kakenukete nanimo osorezu ni ima yuuki to egao no KAKERA daite. Change my mind, ounetsu tayasazu ni takanaru mirai e te wo nobaseba kagayakeru hazu sa, it’s wonderland.” Luna in her rarely heard beautiful singing voice sings her favorite song. “Hai-iro no sora no kanata nanika oite kita kimi wa mayoi nagara sagashi-tsudzukeru, kimi no kokoro furuete'ta asu no mienai yo. Nanimo shinjirarezu mimi wo fusagu, kimi ni deaeta toki hontou no ibasho mitsuketa, nanigenai yasashisa ga koko ni ate; bokura mezameru. I WANT TO CHANGE TO WORLD! Nido to mayowanai kimi to iru mirai! Katachi doreba doko made mo toberu sa. CHANGE MY MIND! Jounetsu tayasazu ni shiranai ashita e tsubasa hiroge hanabatakeru hazu sa. It’s wonderland!” Oh it’s been awhile since her lips ushers those lyrics of a love song.
What Luna does not sense is Rainbow Dash sitting outside the bathroom listening to Luna’s favorite love song for the first time.

“Wow…Luna gives Sweetie Belle a run for her money.”
Rainbow Dash closes her eyes thinking back on the moments she spent with Luna. Always together, always blushing to their touch, and always smiling. “Luna, why do you think I will just cast away your love to be with Rarity when I do love her very much and she loves me very much but I Love you Luna for I am with you and you are with me. Nothing will separate us. Just like nothing will nothing separate Rarity & Spike. We shall always be together no matter what but I hope you don’t separate us through your insecurity.” The cyan Pegasus waits for Luna to finish showering.

“It’s wonderland!” Luna sings the last words of the song before stepping out of the bathroom. Of course she is without her royal horseshoes, crest, and crown also her stardust mane has transformed into wavy natural hair a temporary side effect whenever water hits the stardust magnificence. “Oh!” Luna nearly jumps up in fright. “Rainbow Dash, I-I didn’t hear you wake up.”

“You sing like an angel Luna.” Rainbow Dash points to a cushion lying in front of Luna’s mirror. “Please sit.”

Luna complies. “Yes my lovely Rainbow.”

Rainbow starts brushing the wavy hair of the Alicorn. “Luna how come you never told me you can sing? I am amazed and now I want to hear you sing to me. “

Luna’s ears perk up with perplexity. “You want me to sing to you? I don’t think I can my lovely Rainbow, really I can’t.”

Rainbow Dash, with a groan under her breath does not like this sound of doubt. “Really, Luna!? You got to be kidding me!” And Rainbow will dive into her characteristic self by being straightforward to the point. “So first you’re insecure about my loyalty for you and now you doubt your angelic voice! AUGH! Seriously do you want to aggravate me Luna! Your singing can put me to sleep anytime of the day and I bet it can make Scootaloo fight her worst nightmare like it’s a piece of cake. Luna, at least tell me why you don’t want to sing to me? Tell me what can frighten a powerful immortal like you to hide such an angelic quality from everyone but more importantly why will you hide it from me?”

Luna blushes for being cornered by the Pegasus and cannot escape the prodding until she satisfies the lovely Pegasus with a truthful detailed explanation. “Well…Rainbow, I am the Princess of the Night and in the night almost everyone is asleep so no one can hear my singing, there now you know.”

Rainbow stopped brushing Luna’s hair. “Keep going Luna.”

*Sigh* “I’m just shy alright!” Luna reveals a side not even Celestia and Cadance know about. “Are you happy Rainbow Dash? Are you happy to know that I a Princess is too shy to sing in front of her own subjects and to you.” Luna’s mane suddenly transforms back to its stardust form in connection to her emotional spectrum. “I spent one thousand years with chains wrapped around every one of my limbs in the core of my prison which is the core of my moon leaving me with my thoughts. I only thought of the moment the stars will help me escape and I will imprison my sister in the sun so I can rule…also I practiced singing a lot to pass time.”

Rainbow drops the hair brush and plops down in front of Luna with a soft smile on her face to see this side of Luna. “Oh Luna, I’m happy for the fact I’m getting to know you more and more. It’s sweet to know that you’re shy just like me whenever I’m standing before Spitfire, Luna, you and I have so much in common.”

Luna reaches out to lay a hoof on Rainbow’s left cheek. “I’m glad my lovely Rainbow.” And a gentle kiss on the right cheek.

“That song you sang in the shower, where did you learn it?” Rainbow asks while she presses Luna’s hoof more against her left cheek.

“As Nightmare Moon I had incredible hearing allowing me from inside the moon and through the silent vacuum of space to hear song after song being sung by every sentient being in the earth and on day thirteen thousand eight hundred twenty one I heard…well I couldn’t tell if it was a pony or someone else, singing this song but what I do know I instantly loved it! I loved it so much I will sing it to myself forty seven times a day and I also planned to sing it as I imprison my sister in the sun to celebrate that massive accomplishment.” Luna who is gradually getting over her own veil chuckles about that almost creepy detail as it is now something funny. “It’s kind of funny right Rainbow Dash?”

Rainbow nods. “It’s kind of funny Luna if I think about it. Any who getting over the details.” Typical Rainbow Dash. “How come you don’t sing to me Luna?”

“I guess uhhhh.” Luna waves her left hoof around in the air. “I keep on thinking you wouldn’t like it. You find a lot of Rarity’s fashion show out of your league and you get bored whenever Twilight gives a lecture about anything even about the physics about flight.”

Well in Rainbow’s defense, she does like some of Rarity’s fashion show especially when she’s the star of the show and gets to display her awesomeness since that word is always and somehow connected to Rainbow Dash as for Twilight’s lectures Rainbow pays upmost attention when the Unicorn talks about Daring Doo, hey Twilight has to go Rainbow’s fancy once and a while.

Luna’s magic levitates the crown to her head. “Well if you want me to sing to you then very well I’ll sing to you…” *ting* “In fact we can spend the whole day together on a cloud overlooking the kingdom while I sing to you every song I know.” Ten thousand songs in fact and none of them happen to be any of the junk that is modern music going about Equestria at the moment. "I also know a lot of classic rock & roll if you like that kind of music."

Rainbow’s ears perk up with delight to the prospect of being sung to in Luna’s angelic voice but her inner thought untangled the meaning or better yet the timing of Luna’s suggestion within the laying of the suggestion. “Wait a minute! You want me to forget about my plans with Rarity don’t you?”

Luna slouches her shoulders seeing her plans have been unraveled within seconds. “Rainbow Dash can I come with you to the concert?”

“Why!?” Rainbow barks feeling again saddened for Luna’s lack of trust in the strength of their relationship.

Luna stops herself. With her telepathy she can feel Rainbow cold hurt resurging and be as it may Luna hates to see anypony sad and to add salt this wound this anypony is sad through her own account. “Never mind Rainbow Dash, go and have fun with Rarity at that concert.” With all said Luna gets up and starts walking away from Rainbow.

Oh Luna just didn’t do that. “Hey!” Rainbow nearly shouts. “Where do you think you’re going Luna!? We’re not done until you tell me why you think I’ll be unfaithful to you!”

The Alicorn continues walking away.
Rainbow persists. “Luna we’re not done yet, answer me!”

“Later my lovely Rainbow Dash.” With that Princess Luna teleports away.

“Ugh c’mon!” Rainbow pounds the ground. “You ruined my morning! AUGHH!” Rainbow Dash is now mad for Luna’s shrouded shallowness. “At least we didn’t get into an argument.” Well little does Rainbow Dash, in some ways an argument can make relationships stronger by showing one another what’s in their minds therefore allowing expression of their emotions and with the knowledge of their emotions the mending process can take place. After all, communication is one of the key hallmarks in a relationship and it can keep two connected. “Well I’ll join Octy and Princess Celestia for breakfast.” The Pegasus journeys to the dining room to greet the Earth pony and Alicorn. “Good morning Octy and good morning Celli.”

“Good morning Rainbow Dash!” Octy is happy to see Rainbow. “Come sit next to me!”

Princess Celestia on the other hand or hoof notices something in Rainbow’s body movement. “Rainbow Dash, is there something troubling you?”

Rainbow sits next to the gray mare and receives a nice nuzzle. “Yes.”

Princess Celestia magically places the breakfast in front of the Pegasus. “Will you like to talk about it Rainbow Dash?”

Might as well. “Sure why not, you know her better that I do.”

“Know who?” Octavia asks.

“Luna.” Rainbow fills in.

“Oh! Hehehe.” Octavia knows where this is going judging from Rainbow’s tone of voice and Celestia’s question. “Don’t worry about me I won’t say a word about anything!” Pinkie Pie promise motions seals Octavia’s words.

“Cool.” Rainbow Dash takes a deep breath. “Luna doesn’t like it when I’m around Rarity and by that I mean just me and Rarity. I once fell in love with Rarity but that was a long time ago.” Leaving out recent details to prevent anything awkward from arising between her and Octavia. “So when Luna found out that Applejack gave me and Rarity tickets to a Dj Pon 3 concert she didn’t like it one bit. In fact she decided to belittle Rarity by abusing her royalty, I stopped Rarity from being abused like that and Luna didn’t like it when Rarity asked her a question. Now this morning Luna walked away even though I asked her to explain why she thinks I’ll be unfaithful to her, man how can she be so insecure if she’s immortal and with all that experience obtained over the years she should be able to find the right pony!” Rainbow takes a rough bite out of her omelet. “She tried to make me drop my plans with Rarity today oh! Luna sings like an angel by the way, anyway! Octavia! Did you ever think if Gold Sky will ever be unfaithful to you!?” Rainbow asks after taking another rough bite of her breakfast.

Octavia and Celli shared an uneasy glance. “No I never thought my Gold Sky will ever be unfaithful because he vowed his love for me and for me alone on the altar and I knew he will never be unfaithful.”

Rainbow Dash forgot about Gold Sky’s all mighty love. “Eeeeeeeh I forgot you got the best catch in the entire world.”

“Catch!” Dang, now it’s not a good time to be engaged in this discussion when her body is suddenly in a hormonal imbalance. “You think Gold Sky belongs to me! You think Gold Sky is mine like a trophy bass I fished out of the lake. Gold Sky, is not a catch, he’s my husband! We are one!” The gray mare is not so pleased.

Rainbow doesn’t know why Octavia is mad all of a sudden and she doesn’t feel good upsetting the gray mare. “Was it something I said?” Rainbow asks Celestia.

The white mare shrugs and alleviates the problem with a chocolate milkshake. “Here you go Octavia.” Strangely enough Celestia has a new way to rebalance the hormonal imbalance through a mare’s best friend.

“Oooooh!” The gray mare happily takes the milkshake and chugs it down.

“A distraction works wonders Rainbow Dash now please continue.” Says the Princess of the Sun.

Rainbow Dash gives a nod to the sweet distraction. “I think Luna has trust issues, I mean yeah I was in Love with Rarity that was a super long time ago. Still I don’t think I can take Luna’s doubt in me much longer.”

“Well what do you plan to do Rainbow Dash?” Celli asks. “You love Luna yes and you also love your friend Rarity too but to love that friend evokes distrust in Luna and to spend time with that friend also amasses the distrust to higher levels. Rainbow Dash, Luna has been asked what Love is by Cadance many years ago and Luna being who she is wanted to encourage Cadance to follow her heart. So Luna went with Cadance to see who the lucky stallion is, however, Luna got word of Starswirl the Bearded dying, he was my husband Rainbow Dash and upon hearing that Luna came to realize that lives are fragile and love can be fragile too. So Luna convinced Cadance to ignore the stallion and wait to find a new immortal love, as for Luna she figured that whatever she’ll come to love she must hold it with all of her strength and never let it go from her grasp.” Celli magically creates a hologram of Luna. “She wants to fall in Love but she does not want to lose that Love, which is why she is the way she is regarding you and Rarity. Rarity is a threat and threat must be taken care of.”

Rainbow’s jaw drops to the tune of her face molding into nothing but complete fear. “Rarity is not a threat!”

*Gag and cough* Octavia wiped her mouth. “What happened?”

“Luna and Rainbow Dash are having some turbulence in their relationship Octavia.” Celli fills in.

“Oh…Rainbow Dash, I think you and Luna should sit down and have a deep heart to heart talk.” Nice of Octavia to provide some basic advice. “Otherwise you won’t be able to know what’s going on and it can weaken a relationship. Hey can I have another chocolate milkshake?”

“Of course my dear Octavia.” Celestia drops forth another chocolate milkshake. “Here you go.”

“Thanks!” Two milkshakes for breakfast is weird and not part of a balanced breakfast.

“Thanks Octavia, but that’s the hard part right there also Luna sees Rarity as a threat to our relationship.” Rainbow slumps in her chair. “Celestia should I be worried about Rarity?”

The white mare shakes her head with confidence. “No, Rainbow Dash you should not be that worried. Luna will not do anything rash because one, Rarity is an Element of Harmony, two, Rarity means a lot to you, three, Rarity means a lot to Twilight Sparkle, four, Luna needs justified reason, and five, Rarity is Gold Sky’s sister. So with those reasons Luna can’t act out of rash impulse but there’s a loophole I hope Luna hasn’t found.”

“Loophole? What kind of a loophole should I be worried about if Luna finds out about it?” Rainbow Dash is now all ears for a change.

“Telepathy.” Celestia ends by drinking her milk and slowly biting into a slice of apple making the sound of the crunch sink into Rainbow’s mind creating a ripple effect where many things in the future that has Rarity in them are gone.

“Luna will make Rarity stay completely away from me.” Rainbow expresses the ripple effect out loud to hear the troubling implication it has.

“Perhaps.” Celestia answers as she continues eating while not making eye contact with the cyan Pegasus.

“What can I do!?” Rainbow feels hopeless.

“I don’t know Rainbow Dash, I am not the one in this situation but you are.” Celestia answers. “I too am surprised to this temperament from Luna while I’m not surprised for her being a little too possessive of you. Octavia do you have anything to say in this?”

The gray mare thinks fast in order to get back to her milkshake. “Rainbow all you can do right now is enjoy your time with Rarity and to show Luna your faithfulness simply do this. “Octavia gets closer. “Have a sleep over but just the three of you BUT! Have only one bed.”

“Why?” Rainbow asks with a tilt in her head while Celli quietly smiles to connect the ideas to their theoretical outcome.

“Simple Rainbow Dashie, if Luna is comfortable to share a bed with Rarity then she should have no problem if you’re in the middle. If Luna does have a problem with you being in the middle then it shows there’s still distrust. BUT! Have this sleepover after you and Luna have a heart to heart chat.”

Rainbow starts smiling to this strange out of space idea that is in many degrees out of the normality. “Hey that’s a pretty good idea Octavia.”

The gray mare however, regresses. “Well I wouldn’t call it a good idea Rainbow Dash it was more thinking by my hormones…”Interrupted.

“Who cares I like it now give me a hug damn it!” Rainbow takes Octavia into a tight hug. “Thanks Octavia and Celli for listening to my problems with Luna, who knew being with a Princess can be sooooo hard!”

Octavia doesn’t like the fact she’s not chugging down her milkshake but still happy nonetheless for helping Rainbow. “You’re welcome Rainbow Dash and please don’t talk like that around my little Gold Sky.”

Rainbow’s eyes flare open. “Oh sorry about that Octavia and Celli you join in our hug too!”
“Awwww thanks Rainbow Dash.” Celestia joins in.

A hug brings forth a balanced emotional nutritional breakfast. Now to see if Rainbow can have the heart to heart talk with Luna which if she thinks about will be like getting a camel through the eye of an needle.

***
In Sweet Apple Acres.

Twilight happily awakens on Applejack’s chest smiling like she did before when she awoken on Rarity’s chest. “Wow, I never thought Applejack can be so dominating, I liked the way she looked into my eyes while her tongue did wonders. Still, it’s good Applejack never got a taste of my Rarity! So stay away from my Rarity, Applejack!” On the last bit Twilight jokes to herself. “I don’t think Applejack will want me to stay for breakfast though.”

Chero's brown and magenta eyes glow brightly. “Applejack wake up! NOW!”

Applejack wakes up with a mind free of Twilight’s touch. *Yawn* “AAH!” The earth pony screams in fright. “Wha-what are you doing here in my bed!”

Twilight starting at the chest glides her tongue over Applejack’s skin leaving goose bumps behind until reaching the chin. “Oh Applejack we had sex last night.”

“WHAT!??” Applejack screams once again.

"I’ll say it again. Applejack, you and me had sex last night, which by the way was incredible! In my opinion that is…say you don’t have a STD right? Since you’re a promiscuous mare, no wait I got the weaklings blood so if it heals me then it must also boost my immune system to immortal levels, anyway, I can’t believe you never tried taking me to your bed before Applejack, I mean yes I can use some sex from time to time but I will have said yes if you seduced me though given how you think I’m just some easy bookworm that knows nothing about sex.” Twilight began nipping the side of Applejack’s neck.

Under old circumstances Applejack will be enjoying this intimate affection but as of right now she is not enjoying it rather she is repulsed to just be told she engaged in a sexual relation and yet have no recollection about it. “W-w-we didn’t have sex Twilight! Ah am doing all Ah can to change for Dj Pon 3 so Ah can be with her.”

Chero sighs with remorse to reveal Applejack what she doesn’t know. “Applejack, you did have sex with Twilight Sparkle.” Chero says in the voice of a mourning stallion.

Applejack becomes completely pale. “What!”

Twilight thinks Applejack is still taking it in. “You want me to repeat myself?”

Applejack rolls off her bed. “This can’t be, A-Ah was making progress! Ah’m changing!”

Twilight spreads herself in Applejack’s bed to pop her joints. “Well whatever progress you made in your supposedly change it has to be redone all over again.” Twilight is being very cruel even after getting what she wanted.

Applejack falls to her knees when Dj Pon 3 came into her mind and reminded her what’s at stake. “Please tell me you’re lying, Ah couldn’t have done that with Twilight. Please tell me this is all a bad dream and you’re just being all light hearted with a extreme prank.”

“What the hell?” Twilight thinks the shock must be too much for Applejack driving the earth pony to just have some abnormal conversation with herself. “I guess Applejack was being sincere.”

“I’m sorry Applejack, I wish I was lying but I can’t when it did happen.” Chero wants to weep. “It isn’t your fault Applejack, what you did was not of your own will.”

Applejack gasps. “You mean it happened?”

Twilight meanwhile feels a little bit of shame for forcing Applejack to engage in a sexual relation but Twilight has things to do. “Good bye Applejack and thanks for the ni…” *Ting* “You know Applejack; at least you now know how your discards feel when they woke up and found you missing.”

Twilight’s words fell on deaf ears who for the moment Applejack is starting to shed tears. “How can Ah do this.” *Sniff Sniff* “Ah smell what Ah shouldn’t be smelling.” Applejack smells Twilight’s body fluids.

“Good bye Applejack.” Twilight finally gets up.

Chero’s sadness subsides when it sees Twilight getting up. “But Applejack it does not mean that the pony who forced her will on you will go unpunished. Open your eyes Applejack, for you shall see me.”

“Chero?” Applejack cannot understand what Chero is saying.

Twilight stops in her tracks to hear the name of the dying native equestrian tribe. “Whoa!” A strong breeze pushes her back a few paces.

“You dare Twilight Sparkle!” A body of earth manifests itself, wings of blue fire spread out to show great majesty, and a horn of water glows grayish purple.

Twilight’s violet eyes widen to be seeing this illogical supernatural phenomenon; in fact not even her enhanced mind can process this sight. “What are you!”

The Chero speaks with the voices of brothers and sisters. “I am the bodies and emotions of the once great Chero who lived eons ago, I am the keeper of the balance of Love given to us by Mother Love Cadance, and I am Applejack’s keeper.”

“Ca-Cadance.” Twilight Sparkle squeals in disdain to know this supernatural entity is connected to her sister-in-law.

Suddenly the wings of blue fire surround the lavender Unicorn. “I will give you my one and only warning Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight gets on the defensive. “Stay away from me or I will use my powerful magic against you!” Her horn glows as it charges with magic.

Chero undaunted by an empty threat steps forward to the Unicorn. “You magic is powerless Twilight Sparkle.” With its hoof it touches the tip of Twilight’s horn and makes the magic go out like blowing away the flame of a candle.

“Impossible!” Twilight’s feels her magic unable to be channeled through her horn. “It’s like I’m wearing a collar of dark matter!” Her magic was charged up to ninety nine percent of its full non corrupting capacity.

“If you ever impose your will onto Applejack one more time you shall face the Wrath of the Chero!” Being supernatural Chero knows what Twilight is going to do next.

“Like hell I would!” Twilight with her full physical power launches her right hoof forward to strike the entity. “WHAT!”

The Chero catches Twilight’s hoof creating a clear distortion of the clarity in fact Twilight’s strength is nothing to the supernatural entity. “Is my warning understood Twilight Sparkle.” It demands.

Twilight exerts her caught hoof forward in an attempt to overpower the entity; sweat runs down her brow. As her strength it has the ability to split open the earth all the way to the mantle as she dreamed before. “H-how can you be much stronger than me!?”

Applejack’s eyes are wide to see Chero in its physical form and is not surprised. “Chero looks the same as the first time Ah saw it and thank you, for being my keeper.” She is touched to have someone protect her.

Chero pushes back Twilight’s hoof likes it’s moving a feather across the floor. “Love can never be overpowered for Love is the most powerful thing in the entire created universe and I maintain the balance of Love.” The wings of blue fire encloses Twilight. “Is my warning understood Twilight Sparkle. For if it is not you will not enjoy the consequence and trust me the Wrath of the Chero will surpass any form of mortal wrath you can think of Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight has no choice knowing if she tries again to attack the entity it will mostly strike back given how it first displayed its abilities that can miraculously overpower her magic and strength like it’s nothing. “I will heed your warning oh great Chero and I will never again impose my will on Applejack.”

The Chero extends the list. “And you shall not use your telepathy on her in any way not even to read her thoughts.”

Twilight nodded. “Understood.”

Chero retracts its wings of blue fire. “Leave!”

“Can I least stay for breakfast?” Twilight meekly asks.

“LEAVE NOW!” Chero roars.

“Frak!” *Poof* Twilight teleports back to the library freaking out to the thought if Gold Sky has this power in him since he is Chero and if he’s connected to this supernatural entity then the little Fox can be much more of a threat then she previously estimated.

Chero’s eyes stop glowing now that the threat is gone leaving only Applejack in the room. “Applejack my dear.” Chero slowly walks to the mare. “My dear Applejack.” It sits in front of the mare taking her into its arms. “It’s okay Applejack, I’m here for you.”

Applejack wraps her arms around Chero’s neck and starts crying on its shoulder. “Ah’m sorry, please forgive me Chero!”

Chero tenderly strokes the back of Applejack’s head like any parent will do. “There’s no need to apologize Applejack for I have nothing to forgive you for.”

Applejack rests her chin on Chero’s shoulder quelling her cries to speak. “Wha-what do you mean?”

“What you did was not through your own will Applejack, you did not do wrong but a wrong was committed against you. Therefore, there is no need to forgive you my dear Applejack.”

Applejack stops crying and rubs away her tears. “But what about Dj Pon 3?”

Chero’s words will forever engrave themselves in Applejack’s psyche. “You have no reason to tell her of this wrong.”

“Bu-but!” Applejack attempts to speak.

“You’re changing yes and even now, this change in you is strong so why will you tell Dj Pon 3 of this wrong when it will destroy everything.” Chero’s wings wrap around the earth pony. “I am deeply saddened for what happened to you Applejack but you should not tell Dj Pon 3 anything about this.”

“Why will you say this?” Applejack however, feels comforted at the calming warmth of the harmless wings of blue fire wrapped around her…sort of like big brother’s love.

“You will lose her because of Twilight Sparkle’s will and I don’t want that happening to you especially when hope smiles down on you.” To display an act of its Love, Chero kisses the side of Applejack’s head. “Hope cannot be taken away from you so some things are best kept in the deepest crevice of your mind. I know what I say may sound cold as the shrills of winter but for you this must never be brought to light or love shall never be within your grasp ever again.” With those words said Chero abandons its physical form before Applejack has the chance to open her eyes.

“You’re right Chero…” Applejack gets up, gets her hat on, and takes a deep breath. “At least Ah got to see you and thank you, thank you, Ah mean it Chero, thank you. Ah love you very much.”

“I love you too Applejack. Now go and eat for you need energy to keep yourself from breaking down.” Chero now speaks in a fatherly voice.

Applejack complies and goes downstairs to find a smiling Big McIntosh cooking up breakfast.

***

The light of mother’s sun glides over the sleeping Alicorn stallion awaking him with a thought when the sunlight shines upon his left eye. “I will see mother today, I will see mother and tell her how much miss her and how much I miss her scent. How can I remember Lauren’s and Redheart’s scents and yet I can’t remember mother’s scent.” Gold Sky pauses to pick up his wing and nuzzle Sweetie Belle. “I need you mother, no matter what happened, I know with you, I will never be shaken, for through fire and pouring rain I will never be shaken. Mother, forgive me for not being the son you deserve.” He now rubs his head against Sweetie Belle’s head to wake the little filly. “Good morning Sweetie Belle, come, I’ll cook you up a hearty breakfast.” Suddenly he senses something and hastily leaves.

Sweetie Belle yawns to feel a sudden coolness come over her, she now sees big brother’s warm wing is gone. “Well, I love you too big brother and some pancakes will be good.” Little sister never minds at all when big brother cooks for her.
On the other side of the boutique the Aunt and Niece are still soundly asleep but what’s funny is Gilda grasping Rarity with her right hand thinking the soft belly is a pillow. While Rarity who is in deep sleep does not feel the hand grasping her belly, heh, the funny things any one can do in their sleep.

Gilda in the land of dreams is just a child counting to twenty while she faces the wall.
“Ready or not here I come!” The adorable…the cute not adorable, the cute little griffon with a wide smile on her face goes about the house looking for someone. “You’ll know I’ll find you daddy!” Gilda looks under Gold Sky’s bed. “He’s not there, hmmmm, AH!” Gilda goes to her room and looks under her ultra-rarely used bed. “Not there too. Maybe!” The griffon goes room to room seeking her father. “Oooh where is he!” The young griffon loses her smile and begins getting tense. “Where is he!” Gilda slowly feels a scathing loneliness covering her for she cannot find her father and without him there is no one to love and protect her. “DADDY!” Gilda screams in terror, the loneliness is too much for her to bear. “DADDY!” From above Gold Sky comes down and takes his daughter into her arms. “Please don’t cry sweetheart, please don’t cry I’m right here!” Gold Sky gently kisses Gilda’s head. “Listen to my heartbeat sweetheart and don’t be afraid.”
Gilda presses her head against father’s chest to listen to his loving heartbeat calming down to every beat and eventually the loneliness went away leading to a smile. “Daddy.” Gilda whispers.

“Yes Gilda.” Gold Sky strokes her back as she listens to his heart.

“Where were you hiding?”

“I was hanging on to the ceiling my dearest daughter and now I know that I should be doing the seeking and you should be doing the hiding from now on.” Gold Sky, feels terrible for making Gilda get scared. “You want to go to the daffodil patch?”

Little Gilda looks up with the intention to smile a wider smile. “Then can go to the meadows?”

“Of course sweetheart.” Gold Sky smiles down at his daughter and bends down to nuzzle her forehead. “Get on my back Gilda.” The father gets on his knees.

On the way to the daffodil patch Gilda ages rapidly on father’s back, getting bigger, older, and reaches the age she is in the present moment. She looks down to see father is no longer there. In fact she is hovering above the ground. “What?” The nature around her turns into blackness with on one side there is a tidal wave of blood coming towards her and on the other side are countless skeletons also coming towards her. “NO!” Gilda’s scars from the war are back. “Please no!” The tidal wave of blood and the countless skeletons collide while she is somehow untouched by both forces. The blood is the blood she has spilt in the war and the skeletons are of the enemies she’s killed. “AHHH! I’M SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!” The saturated ocean of blood rises above Gilda as the skeletons surround her holding hands asking her why she has killed them. “I’M NOT THAT GRIFFON ANYMORE, I’M SORRY FOR DOING THAT AND I WILL NEVER KILL AGAIN; PLEASE UNDERSTAND I AM NOT THAT GRIFFON ANYMORE!”

Gold Sky comes in the room hearing whimpers coming from Gilda while Rarity is still sound asleep but without the hand on her belly. “Her war scars.” With his magic he ever so carefully lifts Rarity off of the bed, places a blanket on the floor so big sister won’t be making any form of contact with the dreadful floor, and lays Rarity on the floor. “Have to wipe the blood from my nose first…” A pain strikes his heart. “AH! This pain, curse my magic. Why the heart?” Ignoring the cardiac pain he wipes the blood from his nose. “I will telepathically comfort you Gilda.” Gold Sky joins Gilda in bed and touches her forehead with the tip of his horn.

Gilda cowers under her left wing to avoid seeing the skeletons dance around and ask her why she has killed them when their only difference is ideology. “PLEASE!”
*Clap of thunder*
“What!?”

A sphere of glowing silver lands before Gilda revealing her father. “Daddy!” Gilda instantly wraps her arms around father’s neck seeing that if anyone can end this nightmare given by scars it is him. “Please don’t go!”

Gold Sky, places an arm over his daughter to reassure her he is not leaving her. “I won’t leave you my dear Gilda.” He sits down. “Please listen to my heartbeat Gilda and calm down, I’m here and I will always protect you from the scars.”
Gilda rests her head against Gold Sky’s chest, hearing the strong heartbeat she’s heard since her infancy.
The Alicorn with his free arm commands the wind to sweep away the skeletons with a gale and creates a hurricane with them in center of the eye to get the ocean of blood away from them. From above a soft yellow light shines down on the father and daughter.
*Ba-dum* The blackness turns into a blue sky. *Ba-dum*Soil rises up. *Ba-dum* Tall lovely green grass sprouts up all around them. “Gilda.” Gold Sky gently taps Gilda’s back. “Look around you sweetheart.”
Gilda looks around and gasps out loud. “The meadows, daddy, did you bring me here?”

“Yes sweetheart, I brought you here knowing in the meadows the scars can never hurt you and I’m here to relive the countless moments we spent here.” Gold Sky gets down on his knees. “Get on my back my sweet, sweet, sweet, sweetheart.”
“Huh?” Gilda looks down at herself and notices she is a child once again. “I’m in the age of innocence with my loving daddy.”
The griffon climbs up onto daddy’s back to relive the countless moments again.

Gilda wakes up to see her father before her golden eyes. “Thank you, daddy.”

Gold Sky kisses Gilda good morning on the cheek only to be asked by Gilda why he had a panic attack. The Alicorn simply replied it isn’t about her but something only he can deal with on his own. Gilda pleads him to tell her nevertheless Gold Sky withholds the truth from her and kisses her cheek again. “Fine.” Gilda joins her little aunt in the dining room.

*Yawn* “Good morn what the!?” Rarity freaks out. “Why am I on the floor!” The white mare gets up on all fours dusting the unapparent dust off of her. “Oh! Well at least there was a blanket to separate the floor from me.” Rarity goes to her work room since it has the most mirrors allowing an observation of all angles of Rarity’s body. Magic levitates a hair brush, causally just like the intermediate speed of the her levitation Rarity spots an out of place book. *ting* “Oh Rainbow Dash you got the book of shape shifting for me, thank you darling.” The hair brush falls to her desk and the book levitates upward. “Dear me, this book is rather old like Gold Sky.” The mare couldn’t help but let out a tiny chuckle. The magic opens up the book heading immediately to the first page teaching how use magic to manipulate ones appearance down to the cellular level. “Hmmm, so first I concentrate while focusing on Gold Sky then in my mind I picture how I want him to look and from there my magic should change his appearance! Wait a minute; I could change his hair color too! EEEEEIE! I always imagined how Gold Sky will look with pink hair like Fluttershy’s hair. Hmmmm.” Rarity read everything without taking a second glance, absorbing everything, and added this skill to her magical abilities thanks her magic being unleashed while on a side note her magic is probably twenty times stronger than Gold Sky’s magic.

Down below in the kitchen, Gilda and Sweetie Belle can’t wait to chow down on Gold Sky’s yummy food, Sweetie Belle asks for the fifthteen time if he’s done cooking to which he replies no and tells her to be patient making Sweetie Belle groan. Quaintly, Opal is sitting behind Gilda watching the griffon’s tail sway back and forth eager to catch it and sink her teeth into it. Opal pounces only to happily miss the tail; the cat tries again but misses. Now Opal is getting rather upset missing every attempt she takes to snatch the swaying tail. However, this time it will be different! *Meow??* Opal finds herself floating in midair and surrounded by a grayish purple aura of magic. “Na ah ah ah Opal.” Gold Sky proclaimed with heartiness. “Don’t you try biting my daughter’s tail. Now go away.” The Alicorn throws the cat out of the kitchen.

Up above Rarity continues reading while imaging how she’ll alter Gold Sky’s physical appearance. “Unlike the Changelings, I’m doing this out of necessity so Princess Luna won’t know he’s alive giving me an advantage to use in order to get him near Octavia and Princess Celestia. Plus he can teach me some of his fighting style before we confront Twilight Sparkle once and for all.” In the end Rarity will change Gold Sky’s coat to a nice milk chocolate and make his hair pink…besides nopony in Ponyville judges anybody solely on their appearance even if it’s a stallion with long pink hair. “He’ll look cute!” Yes at Gold Sky’s expense.

Down below. “Here you go Sweetie Belle thank you for being patient.” Gold Sky sets the plate before the filly and kisses her head after passing a hoof through her hair. “Here you are sweetheart, half of your favorite plate since I couldn't find any stag.” Gold Sky bends down and kisses Gilda’s cheek. “Rarity!” Gold Sky yells. “Get down here, I made you breakfast.”

“Well nothing ventured, nothing gained.” Rarity said those words before closing the book. “It’s for Gold Sky’s own good.

“C’mon Rarity, your food is getting cold.” Gold Sky doesn’t like it when Rarity takes too long, in fact it offends him if someone whom he cooked for does not eats the food he’s prepared with the upmost care to ensure the best of the best is delivered. “Rarity you don’t want me to get mad now do you?”

*poof* Rarity finally appears.
“About time you join us big sister, now please sit!” The stallion sets the plate before the mare and kisses her on the cheek. “Enjoy Rarity.”
Before sitting down in his place of the table Gold Sky sets a bowl, milk, annnnnnnnd a fresh box of Unique K cereal with little pieces of chocolate before him. “Hmmmmm, it’s been a while since I’ve eaten these…Sweetie Belle, why did you have to tell me this is a mare’s cereal, eh still tastes good.”

“Sorry Gold Sky.” *Squee!*

A whole family sits down and eats.

Father, Daughter, Aunts, and Sisters are happy.

***
A new day but for what?
To save lives? Watch children run into the arms of their loving parents? Save more lives, prolong useless ones, prolong the inevitable, ease pain, deliver new lives, hear new lives grow in the womb, perform surgeries, research cures to save others, heal children, and make sure Pinkie Pie spends no more than ten minutes in the nursery.
For what purpose?

For what purpose?
Will Redheart rise each day to do this routine day after day when she has nothing that she can call her own. She had a son and she had a daughter both of which are dead, for one she herself called the time of death for the other she heard it from the lips of pony that stabbed the immortal heart. Just like with her second child the daughter, Redheart is grieving for her son. Yes, Gold Sky was adopted by Princess Celestia but still, Redheart loved the stallion with all her heart and always called him my boy every time she saw him even in Celestia’s presence. Then she asked him if she can call him son to which the stallion said yes allowing a deeper bond to develop between the two. Redheart will enjoy taking the stallion to picnics or inviting him to her humble adobe for dinner or she will go to his humble adobe and have a feast prepared for her. Truly there wasn’t a time Redheart didn’t waste to call the stallion son and her maternal instinct can give testament to that.

Redheart sits up on her bed closing her eyes to hear the rising chord of a pleasant piano.
“I’m tired, I’m worn, my heart is heavy, from the work it takes to keep on breathing. I’ve made mistakes, I’ve let my hope fail. My soul feels crushed by the weight of this world and I know that I need to rest so I cry out with all that I have left. Let me see redemption win, let me know the struggle ends. That I can mend this heart that’s frail and torn. I want to know a song can rise from the ashes of this broken life. And all that is dead inside can be reborn, for I’m worn.” Redheart rises to prepare for work, while a solo cymbal and a waiting drum joins with the piano. “I know, I need to lift my eyes up. But I’m too weak, life just won’t let up and I know I need to find my rest, so I cry out with all that I have left. Let me see redemption win, let me know the struggle ends. That can mend this heart that’s frail and torn. I want to know a song can rise from the ashes of this broken life…”Redheart chokes up but continues putting her beautiful pink hair in a bun. “My will is wearing thin, I am weak even before the day begins. I’m worn, I’ve lost my will to fight. May I find power to fill this life with a will to go on. For I am worn and I am childless.” The nurse adjusts her cap.

“I’ll eat in the cafeteria and maybe I’ll have somepony else work in my place in pediatrics so I don’t have to look at those happy parents today. Perhaps I can work in the extended care unit since the patients there basically have no future despite all the treatment given to them otherwise those old ponies are just good business.” Redheart, trots past the guest room where on the bed is a little plush griffon toy that Gold Sky played with when he was a colt and when she will babysit him because Princess Celestia had to do diplomatic duties or had too much on her plate in royal matters and sadly couldn’t find any time to spend with Gold Sky prompting the Princess to have Redheart take him for a day or two. Of course Gold Sky loves Redheart so even if he couldn’t spend time with mother he was still more than happy to spend time with Redheart sort of like a young Twilight Sparkle spending time with Princess Cadance. “Time will help me get over it, besides I can offer to foal sit Octavia’s child to which I know she will say yes. Allowing me to hold the dearest son of my son.” Unlike her second child, the daughter, she sadly was infertile giving Redheart no hope for having descendants through the adopted daughter.

Though her will is thin and heart is torn, Redheart will find hope in time. For time is all she’s got now for time is really what can take her mind off the pain.

Redheart heads out the door to work not knowing today is her day off.

***
The day moves along.
Applejack listens to Big Macintosh happily explain in full detail about the nice dinner he had last night with Pinkie Pie and the higher chance he has to be with the pink mare. Applejack listens to her brother while feeling guilt inside but still smiles for her brother who by the way was eager to talk about his dinner with Pinkie even if he didn’t trust Applejack much regarding Love. Any who, the red stallion woke up happy so why not spread the happiness.
Rainbow Dash, with the tickets and backstage passes hidden under her left wing looks around for Luna to make some things right but as she reluctantly expected the Princess of the Moon err Night can’t be found. Celestia and Octavia just shrug to this, both thinking Luna is being a bit overdramatic and too possessive of the Pegasus but nonetheless it’s quite funny if they think about it.
Pinkie Pie, is chatting with Pumpkin cake and Pound cake about a certain somepony who is a stallion and is red, of course given the foals don’t know who Big Macintosh is they smile & nod while making baby noises and smile & nod again to give Pinkie the benefit of the doubt. Mr. Cake & Mrs. Cake watch this giggling at the cuteness of Pinkie being so Pinkie with the foals.

In the barracks where Rainbow should have looked first! Princess Luna observes two potential candidates for the Elite Commando guard have a hoof to hoof bout to measure their deadliness. Nearby without their armor, Iron Cloud, Fleur-di-Lis, Crazy Mare, and Delta Scorch watch the two duke it out with wide eyed curiosity. The four commandos decided to hang out together today while Helo Fox choose to stay by her majesty’s side today so he can bask in her amazing power. “So.” Crazy Mare begins. “What do any of you think of the seven candidates?”
“I think they will be integrated into Fox company.” Delta Scorch says. “But none of them will join us in Lakota squad, because none of them can match Iron Clouds ability with the tomahawk, my skill with kukri knifes, Fleur’s agility, Crazy Mare’s use of his wings, and Helo with the spear. I mean let’s be real…what are we doing here and not going to Donut Joe’s for donuts!”
“Yeah you’re right Delta what are we still doing here?” Iron Cloud sees the whole picture.
Fleur licks her chops. “I can use a couple of glazed donuts right now, oh! With some hot chocolate too, hmmmm.”
“I just want a nice warm coffee.” Crazy Mare rubs his stomach. “Plus a biscuit with strawberry jam.”

The more the four off duty commandos talked about food the more they started to feel hungry; alas they all made up their minds to journey to Donut Joe’s for a sugar packed semi-unhealthy…well not brunch since that word sounds absolutely ridicules for any of them to say so they go for an early lunch. “Go on ahead I’ll catch up with you guys.” Delta Scorch stays behind.

“Sure c’mon.” Crazy Mare leads the way.

Luna who is still observing the candidates spar senses her son approaching making a smile form and making him invisible out of habit. “My dear son.” The immortal mother rubs her cheek against his head.
“Mother.” The mortal son rubs his cheek against mother’s head. “I’m going to eat and I want to tell you I love you mother, I love you very much.”

Luna’s fixes a lock of Delta’s hair with her hoof before moving down to rub his cheek. “And I love you too my dearest son. Have fun.” Luna kisses Delta’s forehead. “My one and only son.” Her wing nudges him. “I love you.” Luna can’t help but just tell her son she loves him.

Delta Scorch runs but stopped to turn back and smile at his mother then he continues running to join up with the rest of Lakota squad.
Luna focuses back on candidates and dreadfully awaits the moment when Rainbow dash goes with Rarity to the coming concert.
“When this is done and after Rainbow Dash goes with Rarity, I’ll find Cloud Kicker and just have some fun.”

Somepony will beat her to the punch.

***
In the Boutique.
Gilda can’t help herself to just pass her hand through Gold Sky’s jet black hair and also feel it. “Can I brush your hair daddy?” Asks the griffon.

“Yes.” The grayish purple magic hands Gilda the hairbrush.

“Aww I wanted to brush your hair Gold Sky?” Sweetie Belle is displeased.

Gold Sky extends a hoof. “Well you can shine my hooves if you want.”

“Okay!” The little filly grabs a handkerchief and begins shining Gold Sky’s hoof.

Rarity looks away from this to think about a certain mare who has harmed her. “I forgave Fluttershy long ago and I know right now she is still saddened from my departure and Discord is trying his best to cheer her up.” The white mare sighs. “I’ll go to her…she’s still my friend, my light in the storm, and my dear lovely Fluttershy.” Yes, Rarity will do what she intends but first thing’s first. “Gilda, can you please come here.”

“Okay.” Gilda stops brushing daddy’s long hair but took the brush with her to prevent Sweetie Belle from taking what isn’t hers.

“What is it Aunt Rarity?” Asks the griffon.

Rarity will get straight to the point. “Gilda you have to keep Gold Sky here, whatever you do, don’t let him leave the boutique or Princess Luna will find him and have him executed.” Pause. “For what I cannot tell you so please I beg you don’t ask. Please Gilda, keep him here, because for the meantime Princess Luna, thinks he’s really dead also don’t let anypony in, don’t tell anypony he’s here, keep this all a secret and I know you want to know what’s going on but I can’t tell you nor can Gold Sky so please Gilda, please cooperate with me for his wellbeing and yours. Please, he means so much to us.”

Gilda wants to know everything, why? Why will Luna execute her daddy? How come everyone thinks he’s dead. In fact why will anybody want to kill him if he once considered friendship trivial but still believed to always be kind and loving for it is the right thing because sometimes a simple act of kindness can keep the possibilities for finding a true friend. Becoming of the reason why Gold Sky once saw friendship as something trivial was for seeing his first friend (Ruby. Griffon) get turned to ash before his very eyes leading him to kill the dragon and its young, therefore leaving an impression that if he finds another friend then it will only end in ash and blood. Gilda has so many questions to ask but yet is forbidden. *Sigh* Unfortunately, Gilda can only agree along if she thinks about it, Sweetie Belle, has no clue what is going on so it will be pointless to ask the little filly. “I’ll do anything I can to keep him here.” Gilda’s low raspy tone when she voiced in agreement tells Rarity Gilda won’t be very happy to be cooperative the next time.

“Oh take this just in case.” Rarity’s magic gives Gilda a little plastic bottle. “It’s very potent on him and will work in a matter of minutes.”

Gilda shakes the little bottle. “What is it?”

“It’s melatonin, some kind of sleeping agent, ahem, if Gold Sky feels like leaving the Boutique give him something like tea or soda and put two drops in it.” Rarity shifts her eyes to gaze at Sweetie Belle shining big brother’s hooves. “It’ll knock him out plus you can cover him with your wing as he sleeps. Isn’t that something you wish you can do?”

Well there some things Gilda wishes she can do to reflect the Love her father has given to her and what Rarity has suggested is one of those reflections. “You always know ways to keep one subdued. So yes, I will do everything you ask to keep him here safe from that Princess Luna.” A crimson red twinkle shines in Gilda’s right eye. “I will do anything to keep him safe.”

Even if it means taking out a squad of Elite Commando guards.

Rarity turns to leave until one little nearly forgotten detail comes to light. “Gilda, there is one pony we can trust and only that pony will do anything to protect him from Princess Luna.”

Gilda closes her eyes to take in a moment of something good in all this blanket of dark clouds keeping the much needed to be known truth from her. “Who is this pony I can trust?” *ting!* “Is it Octavia?” Natural for Gilda to call her future adoptive mother by name since she has not gotten the chance to know the gray mare and feel the coming maternal love. That she may or may not be curious about.

Rarity shakes her head. “Octavia still believes Gold Sky is dead and Gold Sky has made no attempt to contact her. I don’t know why but I haven’t asked him so you ask him now where was I?? OH! The only you can trust is Princess Celestia. She is the beautiful white mare with a flowing mane of different colors!” Rarity’s voice gets angelic describing the Princess. “She is the only we can trust.”

“Why?”

Rarity smiles. “She is his mother and what kind of a mother will let her own son die when she has the endless power to protect him.”

“I see. Have fun wherever you’re going Aunt Rarity.” With the black clouds keeping Gilda in the unknown she forgets about Rainbow Dash to focus entirely on Gold Sky while Rarity will be too occupied with Fluttershy.

“I sense something is going to happen but until then I’ll give daddy a nice grooming just like old times.” Gilda hides the melatonin in the tuft of her feather down and heads back to the other two. “Hey daddy will you mind if I groom you?” By groom, Gilda will groom Gold Sky the same way felidaes and avians groom their loved ones.

Gold Sky tilts his head to think. “Sure I won’t mind at all. Sweetie Belle, can you please stop shining hooves, Gilda is going to groom me.” He lies belly down to get his grooming.
Gilda begins by passing her beak through his long hair to straighten out any leftover hairs that she has not gotten with the brush then she begins licking his hair with her rough tongue making Sweetie Belle’s eyes widen, Gold Sky suddenly giggles when Gilda passed her tongue over his head again. “It tickles.” Then with her talons, she fixes Gold Sky’s bangs, preens his wings, plucks out some old feathers, straighten out his milk chocolate & snow white coat while making sure her razor sharp talons do not cut him. “Missed a spot.” Gilda licks Gold Sky’s hair again. “There! You’re good as new daddy.”

Indeed Gold Sky is glowing like a gem freshly mined from the ground.
“Wow!” Sweetie Belle, is more than amazed to see what unconventional grooming can do. “Do all griffons do that when they groom?” She asks.

“Yes.” Gilda answers. “All griffons do this when they groom because we do.”

“Hey!” Gold Sky remembers something. “Gilda, Sweetie Belle, I don’t think I told you about Ruby my first friend.”

“Nope.” Says the adorable filly speaking for both her and Gilda.

Gold Sky asks both to come under his wings to create the atmosphere this will be story telling time. “Ruby is a griffon and as I said before she was my very first friend.” Gold Sky will stay happy as tells his story for he does not want Gilda to start feeling sad because he will become sad. “I met her on the thirty seventh year of my journey during a heavy storm; she kindly invited me into her hut so I can avoid the heavy rain. You see, at that point I realized my growth slowed down when I left mother and I am still stuck in my teenage years, I think Love makes my growth occur while it’s absence slows or just ceases my growth which maybe explained why my growth was accelerated under mother’s wing. When I told her about my journey her eyes sparkled with sheer eagerness while I figured she will ask if she can join me to which she did ask to which at first I was going to say no but I began to feel lonely so why not have a travel companion. Quickly she packed everything she’ll need for at first light we or she to be clearer will depart into the unknown. At first light we departed into the unknown eager to see what we don’t expect to see, to know each other, and for me to get over the deaths of my birthparents. Soon we began bonding, through the waterfalls, volcanic fissures, auroras in the night sky, geysers, hitching a ride on rather large tortoises, and walking on the dragon’s back we became really close...I begun seeing her as the sister I never had. Her cheerful yet sometimes dimwitted demeanor always brought a smile to my face, like how she will be more excited to find a plump stag or ripe berry bush instead of being excited to see a big gold nugget in the bottom of a little stream.” As Gold Sky tells about Ruby, he telepathically shows Sweetie Belle and Gilda what Ruby looks like along with all the places they have been to. “Soon I began loving her as my sister. Oh I can go on and on about Ruby however, the thing that made me talk about her is Gilda grooming me. When night came we, will I don’t know why but we shared the sleeping bag and then when we came to the United Zebra clans…” Gold Sky suddenly pauses momentary to swallow his saliva. “We shared the same bed and right before drifting off to sleep she will groom me. Every night. Like every night, she will groom me also she will always bring me extremely close to her while she slept and had her hand on my belly maybe to remind herself she isn’t alone and have something to hang on to.”

Gilda tilts her head to think about the details provided by daddy while deciphering why Ruby will groom him every night, have him close to her while they slept, never once suggested about getting a second sleeping bag and bed, then have her hand over his belly. “I remember daddy always sleeping on his side before I’ll come in so I can listen to his heartbeat, this Ruby loved him just like he loved her, not as a brother.” *TING* Gilda comes up with the unthinkable to her point of view. “Uhmm father. “ Yes this is a serious question therefore Gilda will call Gold Sky father if it hasn’t been specified to the blind eye.

“Sweetheart.” Gold Sky looks at Gilda.

“There is the possibility I could be wrong when I say this b-but I can’t help if this is the conclusion I came up with, uhmm, the reason why Ruby always groomed you hold on did she also lick the back of your neck while you were asleep?”

“Now that I think about it I remember only once feeling her lick the back of my neck when I woke up in the middle of the night to escape a nightmare.”

This is all Gilda needed to hear, she in her mind can’t believe she will tell her father this but at the same time how can he be so blind to Ruby’s emotions for him. Say it so, Gilda knows Gold Sky is blind to Ruby’s emotion given how he loved her as his sister so to think about any other emotions will be a sin or just plain incest. “Father, the reason groomed you every night, held close to her, and had her hand over your belly was because uhhhhhhh, she, she, she, she, she, wanted toooooooo…mate with you!” Gilda had to blurt out the last words just to get them out of her mouth.

“WHAT!” Sweetie Belle and Gold Sky say in unison.
“Wha, wha, what do you mean she wanted to mate with me!?” Gold Sky jumps up in a major freak out. “Ruby didn’t want to mate with me; she ne-never wanted to mate me! She made no attempt to court me and I told her countless times I love her as the sister I never had.”

“Well did she ever touch you, ahem, down there?” Gilda doesn’t find what she’s asking out of place for she isn’t being so detailed.

*GASP* How cute of Gold Sky to act like he’s being shown one of these adult magazines he doesn’t want to look since it can lead to lust and lust is not a characteristic of Love. “She never touched…” Gold Sky pauses. “She said it was accident!”

Sweetie Belle’s young mind can’t understand what Ruby touched on Gold Sky. “What’s wrong with someone touching your horn Gold Sky?”

The stallion gulped. “Sweetie Belle, I’ll tell you later if it’s alright with Rarity okay.”
It will not be all right with Rarity and Gold Sky knows this.

“I can wait!” Sweetie Belle plops down on her rump to be adorable as usual.

Gilda rubs the back of her neck. It doesn’t surprise her that her father will have a suitor of another species when she is the daughter of a father of another species. “Well father she wanted to mate with you real badly, luckily, she never did or did she?” Through an impulse she said the last three words even though she knows her father is a honorable stallion.

“Gi-Gilda!??” Gold Sky can’t believe Gilda is saying this. “Sweetheart, you can’t mean what you’re asking? I mean truly, I raised you from the moment you hatched until that day I became a coward and never I say never have I ever felt a mare’s touch in fact until I met Octavia I had no desire to feel a mare’s touch, my only desire was being your father and love you will all of my heart! I didn’t care if I was a virgin for over two hundred years, I didn’t care if I wasn’t married, I didn’t care if I haven’t fell in Love, for all I cared about is you and nothing else. You know that, so why will say that.”

Gilda’s leftover anger for him takes hold of her galaxy and just rains wrath on the stallion. “A stallion like you can’t go so long without satisfying their needs and to love me more than a wife especially when I’m not of your own flesh and blood.” The tip of the talon. “And species.”

“Oh no.” In this Sweetie Belle knows what Gilda has said is more hurting than the spear going through Gold Sky’s heart.

Gold Sky falls to his knees felling the same catastrophic pain he felt before when Octavia screamed she hated him. “Sweetheart, does my love for you speaks for itself? Why are you saying this to me when I will always let you sleep on my chest so my heartbeat can sooth you. I love you Gilda and I am the physical manifestation of Love. I don’t care if you’re not a pony I still love you and you didn’t care if I’m pony for you love me. Please sweetheart, believe me when I say this.” Gold Sky’s horn glows. “I Love you and if I need to go thousands of years without feeling a mare’s touch then I will do it because you are all that matters to me. I could stop being a son also stop being a husband but I can’t stop being a father or both can die…if you die I don’t know what to do…yes my heart belongs to Octavia I will mourn if she dies, nevertheless, I will one day open my eyes to keep on going though it may take thousands of years for me to be happy once again. While you my whole world revolves around you.” His horn stops glowing. “WHY ELSE DID I CASTRATE MYSELF TWICE! I failed you; therefore I have no right to be father again. But tissue regeneration isn’t very helpful. You are my DAUGHTER! Nothing will take that away from me.” His eyes start glowing grayish purple making Gilda fear him again. “Not even you.” Gold Sky spreads out his wings which too start glowing. “If you think I don’t deserve to be your father then do me the favor of putting me down.” His knife drops in front of Gilda. “But don’t you ever question my Love for you! Now do it.” Gold Sky pounds his heart. “Put me down.”

Sweetie Belle covers her eyes.
Gilda comes to her senses for words have the power to build one up or break one down, start a fire in one’s heart and put it out, she has spoken out of her rage for her father leaving her behind and question his never ending Love hurting him in the process and now he will rather be killed than to not be her father. Proving to her when he said he went years without a mare’s touch then truly he went years without a mare’s touch and didn’t care at all. “Daddy.” Gilda takes hold of the knife and throws it away from her. “I’m sorry.”

The eyes and wings stop glowing while Sweetie Belle uncovers her eyes feeling relief to hear those words.
“Then come to me sweetheart.” Gold Sky takes Gilda into his arms. “In the end Gilda if I was a griffon and you were a pony I will still raise you as my own and I will fight any one if they want to take you away from me.”

Gilda has to ask. “Even Octavia and Princess Celestia?” She has to know.

Gold Sky pulls back to look into her eyes. “Yes even them.” And not getting the thought to ask her how does she know Princess Celestia.

The Immortal Father will protect his Purpose though he does not know what his purpose is even if he has it right in front of him.
“Even with knowing this about Ruby I will still love her as my sister and know she is my first friend.”

From afar. “Táte K’olá.”

Gold Sky kisses Gilda’s cheek before letting go. “Gilda, Sweetie Belle, I’ll be right back.”

“Where are you going Gold Sky?” Sweetie Belle asks.

“To the Griffon Republic to visit an old friend. Jump.” *Poof*

With the stallion gone, Sweetie Belle comes by Gilda and punches the griffon on the arm.
“Ow! What was that for!?”

Sweetie Belle isn’t happy one bit. “What is wrong with you! Gold Sky loves you and yet you say he can’t raise you without the need for a mare when he hasn’t felt a mare’s touch for over two hundred years! Hey please don’t tell Rarity what I’m going to say.” Sweetie Belle, is going to say frak. “You know what forget that part. But still, what is wrong with you! Gold Sky told me what he did to you and he felt really terrible. Look Gilda you were just a new born when he found you and what did he do?” Sweetie Belle will end up saying that bad word. “He took you into his arms and became your father. But if you think about it he didn’t have to be your father did he. No. He could have left you there to die, or maybe leave you in an orphanage where you could be adopted or not, which will prevent you from having the childhood you deserved...let’s be frakken real here, he didn’t have to be your father! He’s a pony and you’re a griffon just like you said so that alone is the only reason he had no responsibility to become your father but ALAS he becomes your father perhaps the greatest father in the world who yes made a grave mistake. At least he’s doing everything he can to make up for it while you here are ungrateful. What more can you want Gilda! Answer me! What more can you want!! He may be a single father but he’s your father and nobody else’s.” Sweetie Belle jabs her right hoof into Gilda’s chest. “He’s your father, yours alone, nobody else’s. The father is the most important male figures in a mare’s growth and if you don’t believe me go read that physiology book Gold Sky lent me, for you had him and without him where will you be right now? Dead or Alive? Think about it Gilda.”

Gilda frowns to this harsh rebuke from Aunt Sweetie Belle. “If it weren't for him I would be just like any other griffon…Love. Love. I have Love as my daddy. Love itself is my daddy.” Gilda covers her face. “My daddy the son of a Princess adopted me a griffon. Oh my Great Spirit, I forgave him for what he did to me what more can I want. Sweetie Belle, I’m sorry for saying what I said. He deserves a better daughter. OW!” Gilda receives another punch to the arm. “What!”

“Gilda you are the only daughter he deserves no one else for who can take your place? No one, I mean no one!” Sweetie Belle, is being serious again. “And no one take Gold Sky’s place. Because you!” Now Sweetie Belle is inches from Gilda’s face. “Deser, no, you need him as your father.”

With those words Sweetie Belle leaves to enjoy the cookies Gold Sky won’t be enjoying any time soon.
“Still.” Sweetie Belle with her back towards the griffons commands for another answer. “How come Ruby wanted to mate real badly with Gold Sky? If you know, they’re different.”

“It’s Love Sweetie Belle. Ruby fell in love with daddy and wanted him as the love of her life.” Gilda lightly snorts her breath. “Love has no boundaries.” Funny how she knows this.

“Let’s eat some cookies.” Sweetie Belle is back to her adorable self.

***

Along the way to Fluttershy’s little humble cottage Rarity stops herself to look inside her heart and find out she is in no way prepared to embrace the yellow soft spoken Pegasus. Rarity is still in pain…Fluttershy is her close friend since the minute they met. Now fast forward to Fluttershy’s confession, it’s like Sweetie Belle hugging her to ensure the knife is sunk deeper into the back. For that’s how most betrayal is perpetrated through a hug but mostly through friendship. “Who am I kidding. I can’t do this even if I want to do it.” Rarity looks up to lay her eyes on Canterlot. “NO! I can do this. I am Rarity and Lauren the Archangel has faith in me. The Archangel, one of the beings in the Divine Trinity. I can do this, plus I think I can handle anything Discord can throw at me. I mean if I handle the sight of Gold Sky slaughtering fascists, being bathed in blood, seeing how he creatively slaughtered changelings, and sparing the Queen, then I can handle anything! Even mud, plus bleach falling on one of my best dresses.” Ooooh nothing is worse than BLEACH! Really bleach falling on a sui generis dress is eternal damnation.

Rarity pushes forward increasing the speed of her gait to the cottage smirking ever so hearty. “I can do this I know I can!” Rarity can already picture Fluttershy crying tears of joy in her arms while Discord takes the both of them in his loving arms smiling and for a change speak softly with love instead of his characteristic testy sarcasm. Rarity will heal everything between them; they will go to the spa as always, have an ever so joyful picnic in the park watching the butterflies fly about in the still air, and probably be joined by the big grizzly bear, oh dear Rarity wants it all. She wants her friend back and get her friend back she will.
It’s the art of Friendship.

“Here I am.” Rarity stands before Fluttershy’s front door with a hoof rising to knock. “I can do this.” Rarity’s central nervous system launches the nervous impulses to her risen hoof to make it tap the door but even with the nervous impulses sent from the brain the hoof does not move forward. “I’m here at Fluttershy’s front door.” Rarity reminds herself. “All will be fixed between us.” It will. “We shall be happy as sisters.” Yes. “Me and Fluttershy.” But the hoof will not move forward to knock on the door.

The Faith of the Archangel cannot drive her to do this.
“I can’t…” Rarity frowns. “Forgive me Fluttershy please forgive me.” Rarity turns around and leaves with a heavy heart.
The white mare walks down the path she used in coming here while asking herself why she has failed even with the faith of the Archangel. “What is wrong Rarity?” Lauren the Archangel came down from above to walk by the Element of Generosity.

Rarity takes this sudden visit from the Archangel as if it’s a causal visit from Fluttershy. “I see I can’t do this Lauren no matter how much I reminded myself of your amazing faith in me.”

The Archangel wraps her left wing around the flawless Unicorn to ease the invasion that is prone in failure. “You are still hurt Rarity. Your dearest friend has done something that is beyond your own form of comprehension it’s almost like a lie but yet like the truth you can’t handle it so the lie is much better to grasp.”

Even the feathers of the Archangel are comforting like her wisdom. “Lauren, what should I do the next time I plan to see Fluttershy?”

Lauren stops to gently stroke Rarity’s cheek. “Ask yourself what will Fluttershy do Rarity. For she is saddened by her own intentions. It’s takes a moment of reflection for anyone to see the depth of their choices, you see, when driven by emotion we believe whatever we create is perfect and with that they continue onward. But Rarity.” Lauren wants Rarity to think in conjunction.

“Yes Lauren?”

“Creation when driven by emotion, what does it do or better yet what can it not do?” By creation Lauren means anything that breathes air and has a beating heart.

Rarity knows this. “Creation in its attempt to create perfection through their emotions never achieves it.”

Lauren smiles the same way Ms. Cheerilee does whenever a correct answer is announced by a student. “Creation is flawed Rarity and shall always be flawed except for the Pure Immortals, well one has a blemish but after one thousand years the blemish has been cleansed. Any way creation will always strive to reach perfection when it can’t even perfect itself in what is right. So when Fluttershy sent Spike to hurt you it only made the love between you two stronger, Fluttershy upon seeing her depth of her actions harmed her. She was so eager to hurt you Rarity just so eager to point she became blind to the bond you two share.”

Rarity sighs to hear how low Fluttershy has gone. “Guide me Lauren.”

“I am Rarity; just like I guided Gold Sky I am guiding you. You forgave her now you just need to talk to her.”

“But I can’t!” Rarity repeats her dilemma again.

“Then don’t go alone next time.” Lauren hints.

*Ting* It finally hits Rarity like a drop of bleach on the tip of her horn. “She won’t recognize him at all given he never saw her much. Lauren, thank you!” Rarity just hugs the Archangel with unmeasured joy. “OH!” Rarity lets go and backpedals in disgrace. “Sorry, I-I didn’t mean to get carried away like that.”

Lauren softly serenades the Unicorn with loving light from above. “It’s alright Rarity there is no need to apologize now finish what you started.” With that the Archangel extends her divine loving arms. “Don’t be afraid.”

Without a second’s hesitation Rarity runs into the arms of the Archangel and hugs her tight. “Thank you, Lauren. Thank you.”

After a couple of loving guiding minutes Lauren reminds Rarity about something.
“Rainbow Dash, yes! It’s not time yet but I’m sure Rainbow won’t mind, will she?”

Lauren shakes her head.

Rarity takes the response with delight. “To Canterlot. Jump!” *Poof*

Lauren chuckles silently to herself. “Oh Rarity, you are in for a surprise when you use your shape shifting spell on Gold Sky.”

***

“Wonder what kind of a surprise it’ll be?” Princess Cadance wonders.


***
*poof*
The white mare arrives at the Palace giving a guard one little sweet look and having the door opened for her with having to say a single word. “All right Rarity just got to find to Rainbow Dash, to begin the fun!” Rarity can use fun right about now to get her mind off of Fluttershy, Gold Sky, and Twilight Sparkle.

However, in another part of the palace Princess Luna senses the white mare entering and with telepathy sees the white mare wishes to find Rainbow Dash. Luna growls under her breath, she isn’t displeased about the date she Rainbow Dash and Rarity but rather displeased Rainbow Dash still wants to be close with Rarity. Luna teleports to the highest tower of the palace to see the moment she does not want but has to see.

Princess Celestia feels Luna’s discontent but shrugs it off. It’s nothing to worry about rather something to poke fun at later on. Oh Celestia and her method to take on somepony’s insecurity.

Rarity decides the gardens are her best bet to find the cyan Pegasus if not the dining will be another wager to wage. “Here she is!” The first bet paid off real well. “Rainbow Dash!” Rarity calls out getting Rainbow’s attention.

“Hey Rarity!” Rainbow Dash flies forward taking Rarity into her arms for one out of happiness and for two to sink the nail into Luna’s insecurity about Rarity. “You’re here kind of early unless I’m wrong.” Rainbow checks the concert tickets. “Oh you’re here quite early, so you want to do something fun?”

“Sounds like a wonderful idea Rainbow Dash. What do you have in mind?” Rarity asks.

Rainbow shrugs something that’s expected by the way. “You want to fly around on my back for a few minutes then take a walk together before we teleport back here for the concert?”

“Sure!”
Rarity and Rainbow Dash trot out of the palace while up above on the highest tower Luna watches Rarity and Rainbow Dash teleport away. “Don’t betray me Rainbow Dash.” Luna growls. “Or the consequences will be worse than the one inflicting on Nightmare Moon.”

*Poof* Rarity and Rainbow Dash appear in four thousand feet in the air letting themselves to be taken over by gravity. Truth be told, Rarity enjoys this with only Rainbow Dash and Gold Sky because those two will never let her go.
Rainbow Dash looks over to Rarity seeing the Unicorn enjoying the freefall with closed eyes and relaxed body posture. “Rarity this is your idea of fun right?”

“It is darling.” Rarity spins around. “Rainbow sometimes I wish I was a Pegasus like you. I wish I can fly out of my room window and sleep on a cloud.”

Rainbow’s eyes widen with appreciation given how Rarity is one to never wish to be something else other than being famous yes but to be a Pegasus really hit the ball out of the field. “Wow Rarity…” Rainbow Dash shakes her to hide the amazement. “Grab on!”

Rarity moves herself into Rainbow’s back grabbing on to her dear friend. “Got you Rainbow.”

“Awesome!” Rainbow swoops up just thirty feet from the ground sending 4 g (G force) into Rarity.

I’m getting tunnel vision when this part happens.” Don’t forget the push against the stomach too. Nevertheless, Rarity enjoys this but can’t help to groan and when she groans Rainbow takes it the wrong way forcing the Pegasus to straighten her flight pattern into normal flight.

“Rarity, are you okay!” The Pegasus frantically asks. “I heard you groan and I immediately thought you’re hurt!”

“Never fear darling, I’m all right and in one piece. Hehehe, any who look at Ponyville down below. Does it not look nice Rainbow?” Rarity looking down gently rests her head on Rainbow’s neck.

“Yeah…Hey Rarity, did you really want to be a Pegasus once?”

Rarity with one arm still hanging on to Rainbow’s neck waves her free around in the air. “Yes, I once wished to be a Pegasus once, uh look, I thought that when I used to be in love with you. I wanted to fly by your side and be your student to become a better flyer or be as good as you Rainbow Dash.” Something else comes to Rarity’s mind. “By the way I once wished I can become a dragon.”

“Whoa! Y-you wanted to be a dragon, dragon!?”

“Yes. I wanted to be a dragon.”

Rainbow gets closer to the ground but remains in the air. “Why?”

Rarity feels something in her eye while a weight hangs over her beating heart. “So I can be with Spike that’s why, in the end even if I’m a pony and he a dragon we will still be together me and him.”

Rainbow smiles to this extraordinary Love, she felt like saying something smart but refrained for once. “Are you going to propose to him?”

“Me?” Rarity tilts her head to this out of the norm suggestion.

Rainbow slows her speed until she decided to just land on the ground near large field of dancing lilies, with a fast trot she lies belly down in the field and flaps her left wing as to say come and join me. The Pegasus waited until the Unicorn sat by her. “Yes you Rarity. You should propose to him.”

“Why?” Rarity asks.

“If you wanted to be a dragon like him then you should be first to propose. It’s Love and when in love it doesn’t matter who proposes first though yes many will expect Spike to propose to you first but I think you should propose first especially when you wanted to be a dragon like him and in my book which doesn’t exist by the way but who cares, is proof of everlasting Love. But if you give him a ring I’m afraid he might eat it as a snack if he ever gets hungry.”

Both mares laugh at the prospect of Spike eating his wedding ring. “Rainbow if I give Spike something from me I know he won’t eat it. Hmmmm, I think I know what I can use. Do you remember those pink unpolished diamonds Gold Sky gave me?”

Rainbow nods. “He gave me one too and I still have it!”

“Wonderful! Well I can use one of the unpolished pink diamonds for his wedding ring! All I got to do is polish the diamond, oh dear, I need to find some gold too but I happen to have platinum in store in my gem chest. Rainbow, what should I use?”

Rainbow rubs her hooves in delight to be a major help in what can be Spike’s & Rarity’s wedding just like she is the reason for Gold Sky’s & Octavia’s relationship. It’s nice to be the backbone of beautiful things. “Gold is nice but white cold is nicer however platinum is worth more than gold since it’s rare, like you Rarity.”

Rarity blushes. “Awww, thank you Rainbow Dash.” She nuzzles Rainbow’s cheek.

Rainbow nuzzles Rarity too. “Platinum ring with the polished diamond annnnnnd on Spike’s finger, ho ho ho! It only speaks the power of your Love for him.” Rainbow rolls over to her back. “I could go on forever but I won’t. I want to, I won’t.” Weird moment of silence. “Can I be your best mare!”

“Oh Rainbow Dash, of course you can be my best mare.” Rarity took no time to think. “In fact maybe I can start designing Spike’s suit and your dress. Say will you like to have any creative input for your dress?”

“Nah.” Rainbow rolled back to her belly. “Last time I had creative input it ended up being a disaster.” Then rolled over to back once again. “It’s funny we’re having this discussion Rarity.”

Rarity with a moment of hesitation at first eventually rolls over to her back too. “How is it funny Rainbow Dash?”

“It’s takes a lot for me to talk about such things like this for a long period of time also if I think about it who else can you have this discussion with?”

“Gold Sky, Octavia, Princess Celestia, Princess Cadance, Fleur-di-Lis, and Fancy Pants, oh plus Prim Hemline.” Laugh out Loud for the list Rainbow thought will have no existence.

“Oh…thanks a lot Rarity.” Rainbow softly elbows Rarity’s side. “Back to the point. I am just amazed to be talking about weddings, yes it isn’t so daredevilish like me but there is feminine side to me in case you forgotten. I just want you to be happy Rarity because you mean so much to me in ways you can’t possibly imagine. Besides in case I haven’t told you this, as long as you’re happy I’m happy.” Rainbow turns her head to look at Rarity.

Rarity has one tear running down her left eye with a soft smile on her lips takes grabs Rainbow in a tight hug. “Thank you, Rainbow Dash, thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Rainbow Dash, I love you!”

Rainbow giggles in delight for Rarity’s burst of happiness while luckily can’t feel Luna’s rising anger. “Rarity I love you too, oooh.” The tight hug is so nice.

If only Luna can see this in the light of friendship…if only.

“C’mon Rarity the concert is going to start.” Rainbow stands up on all fours. “We’ll fly back to Canterlot instead of teleporting back. Get on.”

“All right.” Rarity gets on Rainbow’s back hanging on. “Ready!”

Both mares fly back to Canterlot for a show of a lifetime.

***

“All right Dj Pon 3 this is it. You are going to perform for your dear fans today where they’re going to cheer for you, love you, and bask in your musical technologic expertise.” Dj Pon 3 tells herself as she cleans her sunglasses. “The love of my fans is what matters to me nothing more, they want a show and a show is what they shall get.” The white mare pops her neck. “They’re waiting for me out there every one. Plus Rarity and Rainbow Dash those lovebirds and Rarity is the only mare whom Applejack hasn’t tapped despite being the most beautiful mare.” *sigh* Dj Pon 3 couldn’t help but think about Applejack with streams of love in her mind. “Tomorrow I’ll pay Applejack a visit. Ahem.” The pep talk is done. “Smart Gina, how much time!”

“Uh ten more minutes boss.”

“Is everything set?” Dj Pon 3 asks.

Smart Gina checks her ever present clipboard. “Yup everything is set boss and before you tell me I’ll keep an eye out for Rarity and Rainbow Dash so I can bring them backstage also I think Running Sun and Apple Cobbler have their tickets by now if the mail didn’t get sluggish.”

Dj Pon 3 clapped her hooves. “Perfect! Now let me just stretch.”

Meanwhile outside of the club where the DeeJay will perform Rarity and Rainbow Dash wait in line to get in. “Wow, I never thought the line will be this long I hope they have snacks inside.”

“Rainbow Dash, concerts don’t usually have snacks in case you haven’t realized it yet.” Rarity fills in while her magic holds the tickets.

“Then what’s the point of having a concert if there’s not going to be any food for anypony!” Rainbow has a really good point there.

Rarity had to nudge Rainbow’s shoulder. “In concerts everypony is in tune with the music and moving in unison with the rhythm or head banging so try eating much less drinking in that environment.”

Rainbow sharply exhales in drawl acceptance. “Why you got clarify everything Rarity.”

“Oh don’t be such a downer darling.”

From a distance and with an order given by Princess Luna herself, Delta Scorch keeps a weather eye on the duo. He does not mind doing anything for mother whether it be spying or watching the stars with her, he does however, wonder why she’ll ask him to spy on the duo if she can do so with telepathy plus Delta didn’t like that he had to leave early from the fun he was having with his fellow commandos still for mother he’ll do anything except buy coffee at Star-Antlers since the price of coffee is outrageous though he doesn’t like coffee at all. “Well from the looks of it mother, Rarity and Rainbow Dash are simply having normal interaction accompanied with normal friendly physical interaction.” Delta is telepathically linked with mother. “Mother did you get that?”

“Yes my dear son I got it. Get an eye on them and keep me updated at real time all right and thank you for doing this for me my son. I owe you one, I really owe you one.”

From the exposed section of his cloaked face Delta smiles. “Tonight you will join me and Cloud Kicker for dinner. No excuses! Alright mother.”

Luna nods. “Very well my son we shall have dinner and I’ll be there. I promise.”

Dj Pon 3 takes a long sigh. “All right…show time!” The white mare comes out to receive the cheers of her fans.

“Hey she’s here!” Rainbow’s wings shoot up in excitement.

“What’s up everypony!” Dj Pon 3 greets. “Are you all ready to party!!”

“YES!” Replies the crowd.

“All right!”
Dj Pon 3 inserts a record in the turntable. “HE-HE-HERE WE GO!”

Technologic.

***
“Wooo!” Rainbow dash cheers while next to her Rarity bobs to the tune.
“Work it, make it, do it, makes us! Harder, better, faster, stronger! More than hour our never, ever after work is over.” Dj Pon 3 has created a technologic piece everyone loves.

Rarity meanwhile speaks in her mind. “This sound is so catchy. Oof!” A rough bump from Rainbow Dash interrupts the thought.
“C’mon Rarity shake it!” Rainbow shouts.
“You got it Rainbow!” Rarity shakes it.

Delta won’t fill in mother on that detail.

“Work it, make it, do it makes. Harder, better, faster stronger!” The tempo increases and pyrotechnics accompany the change. “Work it(harder), make it(better), do it(faster), make us(stronger). More than(ever), hour(after), our work(is never over).” Repeat. “Work it(harder), make it(better), do it(faster), make us(stronger). More than(ever), hour(after), our work nev, nev, nevvvvvvv…”Suddenly the music screeches to a halt.

“Malfunction?” Rarity asks Rainbow only to get a shrug in response.

Dj Pon 3 isn’t worried at all. “We’re going to celebrate!” New record in the turntable while a digital rhythm comes to life.

“Phew for a minute there I was about to freak out.” Says Rainbow.

Delta updates Luna.

The lyrics deliver its representation of Dj Pon 3’s creative mind. “ONE MORE TIME! We’re going to celebrate oh yeah, all right. Don’t stop the dancing! ONE MORE TIME! We’re going to celebrate oh yeah, all right. Don’t stop the dancing! ONE MORE TIME! We’re going to celebrate oh yeah…ONE MORE TIME!” The lyrics take a rest and the digital rhythm provides a solo.

“Oh yeah this is song is catchy!” Rainbow tells herself. “Huh?” She receives a soft bump from Rarity’s powerful hips.
“Rainbow darling, I got you a bottle of Koke Max from the vending machine.” Rarity’s magic gives Rainbow the soda.

"Thank you Rarity, how generous of you.” Rainbow quickly hugs Rarity and drinks up the refreshment.

Dj Pon 3 jams to her music and points to Running Sun & Apple Cobbler giving them a wink. “There they are. Now where’s Rarity and Rainbow Dash?” As she scratches the record on the turntable the cerise eyes scan the crowd to find the white mare and Pegasus with a rainbow mane. “How can it be so hard to find them!?”

“ONE MORE TIME!” The lyrics make a comeback.

“Ah! There they are. When this is all done I’m going to enjoy talking to them while Smart Gina tells Running Sun and Apple Cobbler I’m inviting them to another fancy lunch at the Glowing Kiowa.” Dj Pon 3 plans out everything before setting them in motion. “And then Applejack.” Yes and that too.


“Uhmmm…I’m just feelin celebration tonight. Celebrate don’t wait too late, uhmmmm…no. We don’t stop, you can stop. We’re going to celebrate one more time. One more time, one more time celebration. You know we’re gonna do it right tonight hey!” Rarity and Rainbow blush and don’t make any eye contact in that part of the song. “Just feelin, music’s got me feeling in need.” More blushing by the two. “Need yeah, come in, all right. We’re gonna celebrate, One more time celebrate and dance so free. Music’s got me feeling so free, celebrate and dance one more time!” Here it comes. “ONE MORE TIME!”

Seriously where does Dj Pon 3 get the inspiration to create such instant classic music that will last for a long time? Well sure Dj Pon 3’s music taught to her to properly make music and rhythms along with editing but who is the behind the galaxy of Dj Pon 3’s ability to create this music? The answer are two stallions name Thomas and Guy, who took the mare under their wing so to speak when they saw her sheer potential for the genre they perform in. Also what makes these stallions so unique is the fact they keep their faces concealed with metallic masks one of silver and the other of gold. Not ever their best protégé seen their faces. Oh by the way they’re in the crowd giving the white mare nods of respect.

“Thanks guys.” Dj Pon 3 is honored to see her mentors here.

“Around the world, around the world, around the world, around the world.” The fans sing along to another one of Dj Pon 3’s catchy songs while some start doing some kind of a mechanical dance. “Around the world, around the world, around the world.” Rarity tries her best to match Rainbow’s mechanical grace but ends up utterly failing.
“Don’t worry Rares you’ll get the hang of it.” Rainbow nuzzles Rarity’s cheek to encourage Rarity to do better.

The concert rages on with unstoppable momentum giving fans more moments they want to remember whenever they’re doing something uninteresting plus let’s be real, around the world, is catchy.
After all…Technologic.

Rarity and Rainbow turn to look at each with smiles on their lips. There’s no need for either of them to say anything when the words being spoken are just them looking at each other here in this concert where for once both can forget about an insecure Alicorn and lust infesting lavender Unicorn, even if it’s for a few hours. Both are happy to be together…together as the best of friends.

***

*Poof*
Delta appears before his mother. “The concert is done but Rarity and Rainbow Dash have backstage passes so that prevented me from keeping tabs on them. Sorry to disappoint you mother.”

Luna passed a hoof down her face to contain this unforeseeable obstacle and is not disappointed in Delta Scorch it’s not his fault at all. “It’s all right my son, come here and give me a hug.”

The mortal son hugs his immortal mother.

“Now my dear son, stay still so I can comb your hair.” Luna combs Delta’s hair. “I want you to look your best for Cloud Kicker. While yes, I know Cloud Kicker will love you no matter how you’ll look but I want you to look your best no matter what. Hmmmm?” Luna inspects her son’s hair and licks her hoof. “Let me do this.” She glazes the hair with her saliva covered hoof. “There much better my son.” Luna kisses Delta’s forehead. “Now teleport to get Cloud Kicker.”

Delta claps his hooves for this. *poof*

Luna’s magic sets the table with all the food the mortal couple will enjoy, meanwhile, Luna’s mind still thinks about Rarity and Rainbow Dash but from Delta’s reports she ease herself from any thought of Rainbow’s sudden disloyalty. For now.

*Poof* Delta reappears with the love of his life. “Cloud Kicker, thinks this is a prank.”

Luna softly giggles. “Never worry Cloud Kicker this is not a prank. We are all going to enjoy a nice dinner and there is nothing you can do about it.”

“I am honored your majesty.” Cloud Kicker sits next

***
“Rarity, are you sure this is the right way to the backstage?” Rainbow asks.

Rarity points at a sign. “Well it says right there this is the way backstage.”

Rainbow shakes her head. “I don’t usually trust signs Rares.”

“What??” Rarity just stops in her tracks. “Wh-why??”

“I remember reading a sign that pointed to the Wonderbolts and I followed only to see the Wonderbolts were nowhere to be found. So for now on I don’t trust signs anymore.”

Rarity didn’t entirely believe Rainbow Dash. “Darling did this happen in Ponyville?”

“Yeah.”

“And was the sign green?” Rarity asks.

“Yeah.”

“And was it arrow shaped?” Rarity connects the pieces first before showering Rainbow with a truth so nerve wrecking it’s hilarious.

“Yeah, so what’s the point Rares?”

“Rainbow, the sigh you saw was pointing at Wonderbolts lane in Ponyville. There’s a lane in Ponyville that’s named after the Wonderbolts. I can’t believe you got confused with that.”

Rainbow’s ears drop in embarrassment. “You mean the sign points at Wonderbolts lane in Ponyville and I like an idiot thought it was going to lead to the Wonderbolts when if I think about it the Wonderbolts are in Cloudsdale…oh my goodness I feel like a complete idiot.”

“Oooooh Rainbow.” Rarity places an arm over Rainbow’s shoulder. “You are not an idiot. We all make mistakes and you just made a simple mistake.”

Rainbow nods her head. “Thanks Rares, thanks to you I trust signs now.”

Smart Gina spots the duo and approaches them with her ever present clipboard. “Hello you two, welcome backstage and to get it out of my system you two look like a loving couple.”

“Uhhhh…” Rainbow attempts to correct the manager but gets shushed when rushed inside the room to meet Dj Pon 3.

Dj Pon 3 without her sunglasses is pleased to be standing in front of the most beautiful mare of all Equestria, there was a time Dj Pon 3 wished she can have a sliver of Rarity’s beautiful hair and put it in a picture frame.
“Rarity, Rainbow Dash, how kind of you two to join me after this festive show.” The artist embraces both of them. “Did you enjoy the show?”

Rarity in her quick moment of eye contact told Rainbow Dash she’ll do the talking. “We enjoyed it very much Dj Pon 3 and we’re exceptionally in deep gratitude that you’ll give us these tickets but of course as you may expect we’re curious as of why did you give us the tickets?” Rarity knows Dj Pon 3 had Applejack give them the tickets while the ultimate reason lies here in the lips of the deejay.

“Well being a beauty you sure like to dig into the reasons behind everything don’t you Rarity?”

“More or less yes.”

Dj Pon 3’s magic levitates a glass of milk to her lips. “But where are my manners, can I interest any of you to a drink? Oh and don’t ask for alcohol, I stop drinking that stuff long time ago.”

Rainbow asks for another soda while Rarity takes bottled water. “Thank you.”

Dj Pon 3 starts seeing Rarity is bottoms up with the water and Rainbow is looking at the records. “So Rarity I’m just wondering how long have you and Rainbow Dash been dating?”

“WHOA!” Rainbow nearly topples a stack of fan mail. “Phew that was close.” In the inside of Rainbow’s head though. “Good thing Luna is not here or she’ll shout the hair out of Dj Pon 3.”

Rarity with ladylike grace clears her throat first. “Dj Pon 3 me and Rarity are not dating. In fact she’s already taken and I won’t who for privacy while I pledged my heart to Spike.”

Dj Pon 3 jerks her head in bewilderment. “What kind of a pony is named Spike?”

Rarity rolls her eyes in discretion. “He’s a dragon and I plan to propose to him and Rainbow Dash will be my best mare.” There. Said and done.

Dj Pon 3’s ears drop and her original perception of Rarity and Rainbow is drowned in a pool of boiling water. “Well uh…” The deejay didn’t get the chance to think of words when the cerise noticed Rarity took a step forward.

“Applejack told me you’re courting her. If you’ll be so kind to please tell us why? Truly I really want to know how you can fall for a mare like Applejack given her…past, history will others.” Rarity for one doesn’t want to see Dj Pon 3 get hurt but it will beneficial to curiosity to know why Dj Pon 3 is doing the courting instead of Applejack doing the usual as usual.

“Hey if she’s doing the courting then Applejack already lost her game. Hehehehe!” Rainbow is being Rainbow Dash.

Dj Pon 3 takes Rainbow’s words as the dull edge of a knife sliding across her skin. “Well Applejack flirted with me at a beverage lounge in Ponyville, then she kissed me, and after that we talked and talked. She’s changing into somepony better for the both of us.” She will not go into the hurtful one night stand for it isn’t any of Rarity’s concern. After all, Rarity is the lucky one who didn’t get used and then discarded.

Rarity is surprised not much in fact for she takes Dj Pon 3’s words with two grains of salt but if the mare is right then Dj Pon 3 must be playing hard to catch with Applejack and Applejack must really want Dj Pon 3 if the Earthpony is changing. “So Dj Pon 3 must be a master flirt. So making her something worth changing for. Well played Dj Pon 3 , I hope…” Rarity suddenly pauses when she mentally ushered the word hope. “Little brother is not around. I hope Dj Pon 3 won’t get used by Applejack.” Too late in that part.
“That’s nice to know Dj Pon 3 and I wish you the best in your relationship.”

Rainbow copies and pastes what Rarity just said. “I don’t know how to say anything sappy like that.”

“Why thank you Rarity, it’s mean a lot hearing that from you.” Suddenly. “I just got to ask. When you were with Applejack was it nice and romantic?”

“Do you need to know that Dj Pon 3?” Rainbow Dash comes to Rarity’s defense along with placing a hoof on her shoulder. “In my awesome opinion, Rarity doesn’t need to answer that.”

“Thank you Rainbow.” Rarity just rubs Rainbow’s head with her right cheek. “But I will say this Dj Pon 3.” *Sigh* “In the end it turned out to be a lie. A lie I held on to for so long that I believed it to be truth. Nonetheless, I’m over it and don’t care at all while I am sincere to wish you the best in your relationship.”

“Me too!” Rainbow copies and pastes Rarity’s words again.

A soft chill runs down Dj Pon 3’s back to acknowledge Rarity truly was hurt by Applejack while not used like herself but Rarity was hurt to see the relationship is all a lie. “Thank you, Rarity. Also thank you for enjoying my performance it means a lot hearing this from the most beautiful mare of Equestria.”

After receiving two autographed vinyl disks, posters, and photos Rarity and Rainbow Dash leave.
“So boss.” Begins Smart Gina. “Do you like them?”

Dj Pon 3’s horn glows. “I like them and I got a sliver of her hair!” She levitates a long beautiful strand of Rarity’s hair.

“WHAT!” Smart Gina’s rectangular glasses fall off her face. “How that bloody hell did you get a piece of her hair!!?”

The white mare places the hair in picture frame. “Oh I have my ways Smart Gina, any who, I’m amazed Rarity is in love with a dragon. I wish she was with Rainbow Dash though because they look like a wonderful couple still, I’m glad Rarity is with somebody and it shows me Love has no boundaries. Hey you want a cup of milk Smart Gina?”

“Sure, thanks boss.” She chugs down the cup of milk wondering what else is her boss capable of doing.

***
In the griffon Republic.
Two griffons from the Providence of Hajazar drops a box before President Madison, Vice President Martinez, Sec Def Lafayette, General Oliver, and lastly the old member of Congress and fly away back to Hajazar.

“What is it?” Kate asks.

*Glass shatters*
“Huh!?” Everybody gasps to sound of the old member dropping his cup of wine.

“Oh no…please. This can’t be what I think it is.” The old griffon trembles as opens up the box. “No…! No, no, no! FRAK! Frakken sons of wretches!!”

The rest take a look into the box to see the severed heads of the diplomats and in one of the mouths is the treaty Congress created crumbled up. Ronald sits back in his chair and passes his head through his hair knowing where this will lead to next. “This is an act of war and they are aware of their actions so I can say their defenses are up, anti-air is ready, and their Primordials are prepared for us.”

Madison, Kate, Sec Def, and the old griffon commence discussing topics about anything they can connect to this act of war. But Oliver thinks about two griffons and takes a breath of air to say his silencing words.
“It doesn’t matter.” Oliver takes command of the situation. “I will take care of them and I will put any of their Primordials to the sword. I will break them and they shall feel the might of this Republic. They shall know they don’t frak with the Republic because the minute they choose to frak with the Republic is the minute they sealed their fate.”

“Which is?” Ronald asks.

“Their soil shall be nourished with the blood that runs in their veins.”

Everyone looks at Oliver with admiration and unshuttering respect.

***
Valerie watches Jonathan feel the feathers of Gold Sky’s wings and plucks off a feather for a keepsake. She is gathering the courage to ask the pony if he knows who the Vanguard is given he fought in the first campaign along with seemingly has no problem talking about it. “It so adorable seeing Jonathan admire Gold Sky.”

“Ahem.” Straight to the point. “Jonathan will you please leave me and Gold Sky so we can talk about something important.”

“Aww do I have to? I promise to stay quiet as a mouse.” Pleads the youngster.

Val shakes her head. “I’m sorry my son but I will prefer if you leave us alone.” The mother urges her son to go inside.

Gold Sky plops down on the ground like before. “Is there something you to talk about Valerie?” He softly asks.

“Gold Sky, do you know who the Vanguard is? You fought in the first campaign against the fascists so you should know.”

Gold Sky takes this as a commonly asked question. “If you want to know who the Vanguard is Valerie then you’re looking at him right now.”

“What!” Valerie’s heart gets taken over by hope.

“Yes I know, me a pony couldn’t the fierce Vanguard that always went in first before the Republic so I can wipe out as much of the enemy. Which by the way I will wipe out approximately seventy seven percent before the Republic comes in. Though I am mentioned in the Chronicles of the Republic and history textbooks except I asked them not to say that I the Vanguard is a pony. I didn’t want griffons to know a pony a creature considered adorable and harmless is the most brutal killing machine so that’s why I am only called the Vanguard. However, why do you ask?” Gold Sky truly does not see the true intention behind Valerie’s question.

The courage Valerie has been mustering up will be put to use at last. “Gold Sky, the Conquest begins today and Oliver is going to start with Hajazar a providence that you know is dangerous…look I need you to please be the Vanguard once more so you can protect Oliver. I don’t want him to die in this coming battle.”

From out of nowhere wind comes from every direction causing Gold Sky’s jet black hair to dance. “I don’t want to kill anymore Valerie.” Gold Sky looks away from the griffon feeling his heart being tugged in all fronts, to kill or not to kill. “Valerie, I’m afraid to lose myself if I kill once again. Truly there is a part of me that only exists to either protect with extreme prejudice or to just kill for the sake of not knowing anything else but just kill. It’s called the Razor and it resides inside of me waiting to be unleashed and it is nothing can stop it but…” The only one who can stop the Razor has been given a clean slate by Celestia. “My wife. Sadly she can’t stop it anymore and Gilda can’t stop it either for the Razor wants to exterminate her. The Razor and I starting becoming one with every kill I collect. I-I can’t let that happen, please Valerie understand that I am Love in its physical form but through my own actions I am also a killer. I don’t want to kill anymore, I am a father, Gilda’s father, and she is everything to me! I become the killer I become nothing but a shadow and shadows cannot be fathers to their children. I can’t do what you ask of me Valerie, I just can’t. The line is thin…please understand Valerie.”
Valerie does understand given she has heard the pain expressed by Oliver about his guilt. “Gold Sky, I still need you, Oliver needs you! I don’t know what to do if he dies and then there’s Jonathan…”

“DON’T!” Gold Sky cuts off the griffon in midsentence. “Don’t you dare try to use Jonathan in this! I won’t do it!”

“Please Gold Sky!” Valerie pleads. “I need my husband and Jonathan needs his father!”

Deep down Gold Sky feels his paternal instinct telling him to fight while his logic tells him not to. He cannot allow a son be fatherless when he can prevent it by doing what he does best still he can’t do it when he can lose Gilda, Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Mother, Redheart, and anypony else he cares about. Too much blood he has shed and now he being asked to shed more to protect a griffon he cares about. “I can’t…

Now Valerie cuts him off. “You owe the Republic Gold Sky!”

“I already paid with my blood!”

“No, not that Gold Sky. You owe sons and daughter their fathers. You owe wives their husbands. You owe mothers and fathers their son. If you haven’t spared Mao in the first then I wouldn’t be asking this of you Gold Sky. Forget the Republic your debt is paid with them but your debt is owed to the children whose fathers you took away from them. You are a father; imagine if you were taken away from Gilda.”

“I was taken away from her.” Gold Sky points to the scar over his heart. “Resurrection brought me back to her.”

Valerie decides to play her remaining hand. “Mothers, Wives, and Daughters will be fighting in the conquest.”

“Wha-wha-what!?” Flashbacks of Celestia play over & over in the core of his galaxy.

Valerie has him where she wants him. Perhaps. “Fathers, Mothers, Husbands, Wives, Sons, and Daughters all fighting together. And what if a child who already lost their father loses their mother or parents who already lost their son loses their daughter. Tell me what will be of that child. What will be of Jonathan if he loses his father, his dear father, the griffon you saved long ago and once again, but if he dies in this campaign his blood will be on your hooves.” Valerie gets closer to the Alicorn to provide more power to her words. “Surely you can’t let another son lose his father on your watch.” Valerie points to her heart. “Children don’t deserve to lose their parents but you caused many to lose their fathers now will you let more children lose their mothers and fathers too? But can you let Jonathan who admires you to lose his father.”

Gold Sky closes his eyes to remember that moment when he was standing before the citizens of the Republic feeling the gazes of the saddened children look upon as if they’re asking him to please give them back their fathers, each one is begging him to please return their fathers. Now what if they’re crying for the loss of their mothers…just like the daughter needs her father, a son needs his mother. No child deserves to go through heartbreak, something Gold Sky won’t stand for. Mother, Father, a child can’t lose neither one, many have already because of his decision but if he can just prevent one father from being taken away from his child then it will be worth it to once again shed blood. And if he can prevent a mother from be taken away from her child then it will worth it. “Dad.” Gold Sky calls out to his father.

“Yes my son.” Yahshua answers.

“Must I do this?”

“You have the power to prevent fathers from being taken from their children. That’s all I am going to say my son for I already know what you’ll going to do.” Indeed.

“But dad, what can I do if…please if anything happens to me. End my life in order to protect Gilda from myself. Please dad, end me if the worst comes to prevent me from harming Gilda. I will rather have a clean slate than to harm my own flesh and blood.” Gold Sky begs his own father to do an act considered unspeakable by mortals.

“Yes my son.” Yahshua reassures.

*Sigh* Gold Sky opens his eyes. “Valerie before I tell you if I’ll be the Vanguard or not please come here.” He makes sure with his telepathy Jonathan is not watching them.

Valerie comes. “AH!” Only to get slapped on her left cheek.

“I will protect Oliver with my life. I will protect Jonathan’s father and your husband.” Gold Sky will shed blood so it’s fair for Valerie to feel the pain of this decision to be the Vanguard once again.

*Gasp!* Valerie forgets about the slap she received. “Thank you!” The griffon hugs him. “Thank you, Gold Sky. Please know my gratitude can never pay you back what I rightfully owe to you right now!” She begins to cry tears of joy. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Gold Sky!”

With the warm tears falling on his shoulder Gold Sky only uses his right arm to hug the griffon back. No he will not backslide from this nor will he back down from an army of countless griffons. But he has to say it; he just needs to say it. “Forgive me, Gilda, my sweet, sweet, sweet sweetheart.”

The smile on Valerie’s face disappears. “Forgive me Gold Sky. I am placing you a father in harm’s way to protect Oliver. I’m sorry.” Guilt is well deserved.

Gold Sky lets go of the griffon to get his armor. “Jump.”

***

*poof*

Clearly Gilda hears the sound of her father reappearing therefore she instinctively runs to Rarity’s room where he is while she is also accompanied by Sweetie Belle. “Daddy! Sweetie Belle and I have been wondering if you can put on a cloak and come with us to the park.”
Gold Sky with a cloud of despair hanging over him shakes his head and his eyes lost their loving touch. Instead the magenta eyes are radiating nothing. “I’m afraid I won’t be able to do that Sweetheart.” His horn glows, levitating every piece of his armor. “There is something that I need to do Gilda.” Hoof by hoof the silver horseshoes are donned.

Gilda’s innocent smile dissolves when Gold Sky’s white cloak covers his armored body. “Daddy? Why are you putting on your armor?”
“Why Gold Sky?” Sweetie Belle asks too.

Gold Sky walks over and quietly embraces Sweetie Belle then kisses her softly on the cheek. “Sweetie Belle, please take care of your niece and tell Rarity to never give up and fight with the power of her heart.”
Then at Gilda. “Gilda, my dearest daughter, my flesh and blood know I will always Love you with all my heart. As a stallion is my duty to protect the ones I love with my strength while as a father is it my duty to protect you. But I’m going to do, I will do as a stallion not a father. I love you Gilda…not a day goes by in which I wish you were a child again so I can relive the joy I had when I was raising you.” The father lovingly stroke his daughter’s cheek. “I will return sweetheart but…”

Gilda’s eyes widen with denial when father ushered the word but when she knows why he’s saying it.

“If you feel a cold feeling in your heart again then know it had to come for own protection from the shadow. The line is thin as it is so it’s best for you the distance is thick between us for your own good after I do what I’m going do.” The Loving touch return to Gold Sky’s eyes for what can be the last time. “I Love you Gilda, I-I Love you very much my sweet, sweet, sweet, sweetheart.”
The father ever so softly grasps his daughter’s head and with the infinite love kisses her forehead. “I’m proud to see how strong a mare you grew up to be.” Gold Sky, backs away from his daughter. “Jump.”

“DADDY WAIT!!” Gilda leaps to stop her father from teleporting.

*poof* It’s too late.

Gilda falls to her knees and faints for the fear of feeling the cold feeling in her heart again is too much to handle.

***
“Lauren.” Gold Sky calls out to the Archangel after locating Oliver with his telepathy.

“Yes Gold Sky.” Lauren replies.
“Give me a grand entrance.”

“Hmmmm?” Lauren thinks for a few seconds to think up of a perfect grand entrance. “I will Gold Sky.”

“Thank you, Lauren.”

In the military base of the Griffon Republic, President Madison and General Oliver inspect the Grand Army of the Republic, 501st Marine Corp, 101st Airborne, and Rangers.
With the exception of the Rangers, the rest of the military branches will be heading to Hajazar to break that providence once and for all. “We have sixty thousand Rangers to watch over the Republic so you shouldn’t be worried at all Mr. President.” Oliver whispers to Ronald.

Ronald shrugs his shoulders in agreement. “We have far more than the previous number.”

*Thunder clap*

Both griffons plus the soldiers look up to see a sphere of glowing silver coming down. “Wow.” Oliver says out loud.
The silver sphere lands before them. “What?? Gold Sky?”

The Alicorn rises to his full height. “Oliver, I am the Vanguard you read in the history books and I’m here to help the Republic once more.”
“You can’t be the Vanguard!” Ronald and Oliver exclaim at the same bloody time.

“Then get Sherman here he shall clear everything up.”
A messenger flies out to bring the retired general. Oliver deep down is happy to see Gold Sky here to fight with him on the battlefield, though he is headstrong he is a little bit scared to face the griffons of Hajazar but with Gold Sky by his side anything can be possible.

Meanwhile.

Marty Sherman is outside in the garden with his youngest daughter planting some roses and tulips given she had the earth softened up with a tiller allowing beautiful flowers to be planted. Of all his four daughters Sherman loves spending the most time with the youngest. The older three are like their mother basically what most daughters will become when they choose which parent they want to reflect and the parent they choose is the mother. But the youngest however, choose to reflect her father so she strived to always make him proud and make him she has done many times, along with coming to father to ask him anything her mind cannot understand so Sherman with his knowledge will enlighten her. “Oh Megumi, it’s been a long time since we had time to do some pleasant gardening together.” Sherman pats the soil around a yellow planted tulip.

“You can say that again pops.” The affectionate name Megumi calls him. “But doesn’t your neck still hurt?”

Sherman with a sly smile pops his neck.
“Pops!” Megumi freaks out. “You’ll hurt yourself!”

Sherman calms down his daughter’s burst of fright. “Never fear sweetie pie, the Guardian Angel of the Republic gave me a drop of my blood healing me of my battle scar and taking me off of that bloody annoying pain killing medication.”

Megumi tilts her head; she has read in medical science books that maybe diseases can be spread through contact with infected blood now to hear her pops has drank some just adds to the uneasiness. “You drank his blood and it healed you??”

Sherman softly laughs under his breath. “What part of Guardian Angel of the Republic did you not understand.”

“Do you really believe he’s an angel? Are you sure it’s not meningitis making you say crazy things?”

Sherman nudges his daughter with a wing. “Ha-ha very funny. But you do know meningitis is transmitted mostly by respiratory secretions, of course, I whole heartily believe he’s an angel because his blood was sparkling when he pricked himself and he healed faster than a blink of an eye too.”

Megumi just wipes the sweat off her brow and tells her father she’s glad the angel’s blood him of his persistent battle scar. “Hey? Is that a soldier?” She points to griffon coming towards them.
“General Sherman sir, it’s an honor to salute and cutting to the chase you need to come with me immediately sir.” The messenger delivers his message.

Sherman rolls his eyes in disdain thinking this has to be Oliver’s doing. “Piss off.”

The messenger’s eyes widen to sudden depart of Sherman soft spoken attitude. “But sir you must come with me it’s important that you do!”

“Seriously what part of piss off do you not understand!”

“Sir…” Interrupted.

“Look I know Oliver may be a bit nervous about the Conquest so the advice I’ll give him is piss off and leave me alone! I already told him to leave alone so I can spend time with my sweetie pie Megumi!”

“Pops!” Megumi blushes in embarrassment. “Not in front of others!”

Sherman turns his back to the messenger.

“The Vanguard has returned.” If only he said that early.

Sherman’s jaw dropped and his eyes widen telling Megumi he is practically speechless. “Th-the Vanguard has returned…” He looks directly into Megumi’s eyes. “Sweetie Pie, do you want to see the Guardian Angel of the Republic?”
The daughter nods her head with excitement.
“Let’s go.” Marty, Megumi, and the messenger fly towards to military base.

*Moments later*

“Oliver, Gold Sky is the Vanguard. You are lucky to have him joining you in this move against Hajazar.” Meanwhile his eyes are not focused on Oliver instead their on Megumi tenderly petting Gold Sky’s head and talking to him with baby talk also calling him horsie.
“You want an apple horise?” She holds an apple before him. Can’t believe Megumi is calling the Guardian of the Archangel horsie and treating him like a huggable pet though to be fair Gold Sky seems to be enjoying Megumi petting him when she scratches his chin.

Still Sherman doesn’t what he’s seeing. “Megumi! How dare you treat the Guardian Angel like that! Stop it right now, it’s demeaning.”

“Well can I least have the apple? It smells good, and I wouldn’t mind if she continues scratching my chin.” Gold Sky chows down the apple and begins tapping his left hind leg when Megumi started to scratch his chin again.

“Wow, how cute.” Oliver took a picture of this so he can show to Valerie and Jonathan when he returns from Hajazar. “I can’t believe he’ll let Sherman’s daughter treat him like that still he doesn’t mind so all is well and done I guess.”

Sherman taking note, dots down Gold Sky seems to allow Oliver to be near while he gives other griffons but mostly or entirely males a piercing glare stopping them from getting near him. “Gold Sky, can I know why you’re here when the most of the Republic hates you. Why will you fight for something when clearly you have no stake in?”

Gold Sky sighs. “I’m not doing this for them Sherman, I’m doing this for Oliver and for the children of the Republic. I cannot allow children to lose another one of their parents especially when it was my fault the first time. Also, I care about Oliver and I don’t want his son to grow up without a father. Surely you understand Sherman.”

“As male to male Gold Sky I understand OOPS sorry!” Sherman accidently placed his hand on the Alicorn’s shoulder and got a glare. “Sorry.”

Gold Sky lets it slide for it’s an accident. “It’s alright Sherman.”

“Gold Sky-kun.” Megumi gets the Alicorn’s attention. “Are you an Angel like pops says you are?”

Gold Sky tilts his to be called Kun at the end of his name. “Kun!? Kun!? I am not a child Megumi-chan, I am Gold Sky-san or if I use my age to my advantage I am Gold Sky-sensei! Please don’t call me Gold Sky-kun ever again because that’s demeaning. Is that clear between us Megumi-chan?”

“That’s demeaning to him while being treated like a pet isn’t.” Sherman thinks to himself.


“It’s clear Gold Sky-san, are you all right with Gold Sky-San though?”

The Alicorn nods. “To answer your question Megumi-chan, I am not an angel. I died once and I can die again, however, I am the son of Yahshua. Son of the Great Spirit.”

Megumi gasps. “Incredible…” But her words are cut short.

“If you’ll excuse me.” Gold Sky pats the young griffon on the head, gives Sherman a nod of respect, and follows Oliver to the war room.

*Moments later*
“The Primordials how big are they?” Gold Sky asks.

“Well according to legend.” Oliver lays out some charts. “They are pretty large.” On one of the charts is a regular sized griffon standing next to a Primordial. “The Primordials are griffons like us, well, not exactly us but you get the picture. Anyway they are very old since legends says they’re almost as old as the mountains of the dragon’s back also did I mention they are fierce too?”
“No Oliver you didn’t mention that at all.” The Alicorn replies. “Also the Primordials are as big as mother.”
Oliver didn’t catch the last part.

“So here is the plan.” Oliver waits until all the other high ranking officers are in speaking distance. “The enemy knows we’re coming, in fact I bet they’re waiting for us right with their archers and bloody anti-air. Ignoring that for the time being the Prime objective will be the head of their religion also we might experience close quarter combat but what makes it harder is the fact it’s in the urban arena. So remember stay together, keep your shields up, do not harm any civilians…wait.” Oliver turns to Gold Sky. “Are you really going to go in before us?”

“Yes.” Now Gold Sky’s horns glows levitating an arrow and points at the little four massive zeppelin models on the charts. “Usually after I go in, Sherman and the troops will wait until my signal telling the Republic forces most lethal threats have been taken out and the enemy has been thinned. This providence has deadly anti-air defenses and even though our numbers are great will be decimated in a matter of seconds if all of the troops fly in. I’ll go, destroy their anti-air, thin out their numbers to create a clean path to their huge temple where the head of their religion resides. Also I recommend all four zeppelin landing craft go to high altitude to avoid the flack of the AA batteries.”

“About how high do recommend Vanguard?” Asks one of the high ranking officers.

“Air mask required height. Oh, I predict the Primordials will most likely be protecting their head of religion like a blind griffon following another blind griffon into the wall.” Gold Sky uses his wings to distance the other males from him while reminding himself now is not the time to be taken over by fear when he’s here to protect Oliver. “What you do, keep General Oliver’s advice in mind. Keep your shields up because I’ll just be killing the enemy and I won’t be there to protect any of you.”

Oliver comes by Gold Sky with an arrow of his own to lay down the strategic objectives where each one has a duty to while one supreme duty is to not kill any innocent griffons unless they want seeds of hope to be planted. But Gold Sky will have the last word. “One last from me, if any of you kill a child whether it be intentional or not, I will flay you alive before I end your life slowly that is. And I don’t care if you’re a female, I will still do the same to you. Keep that in mind. For I will not stand for the death of innocent children.”

Everybody nods. “Good. The time has come.”
With everybody gone, Oliver takes out something he had made for Gold Sky on such short notice while waiting to give it to him in private just for the sake of it. “Gold Sky, I got this for you. It’s a fire resistant cape also it’s the same color of your cloak…thank you.” Oliver from out of nowhere hugs Gold Sky. “Thank you for doing this.”

At least Gold Sky has a reason to smile for a few seconds.

Now the time has come.
The four massive zeppelin landing craft open their underbellies to await the troops to get in and heads towards Hajazar. With Gold Sky standing by Oliver like a personal bodyguard, the Alicorn is amazed by chorus being sung by the march of the troops. Each step is so profound like the sunlight shining off their bronze armor and the purposeless winds making each cape of different colors move about, nevertheless, Gold Sky, sees the families of the troops here to wish them well. Oliver having the big heart allows the troops to go to their families and say good bye. A father with his three children kisses his wife wearing a golden cape, a female wearing gray cape kisses her unhatched egg before she hands the egg to her husband, a male wearing golden cape hugs his parents, a female also in a golden cape hugs her parents, and so many other soldiers reminding themselves what matters the most in life and what they are truly fighting for. “I wish I can Gilda hug Gilda one last time.” Gold Sky saying this out loud and hearing it made Oliver wish he to can hug his son right now. “I wish I can smell her scent.” Suddenly something catches Gold Sky’s eyes.
It is a griffon wearing a black cape. “He’s a single father like me.” Telepathy helped Gold Sky.

The single father hugs his sons and kisses him on the head. “Please take good care of your sister my son, take care of her, and be brave. Remember my son, no matter what happens you are stronger than me and you have always made me proud from the moment you were born to this moment right now. I love you my dear son.” The father then turns to his daughter. “My daughter, please don’t be sad. I will be back and you hug me as much as you want. Be strong, learn from your brother for he can teach you many things.” With that the father kisses his daughter and he asks his parents to watch over his children for him.

“Take off.” Oliver aboard the zeppelin orders the captain go. The engines roaring like a mighty lion and the sound of the cables anchoring the zeppelin breaking apart unleashes cheers from the families of the troops, all waving good bye to their loved ones. The soldiers inside the four zeppelin landing craft have one thought running through their minds and that is to return home to son, daughter, wife, husband, mother, and father.

It is their duty to protect them.

Gold Sky feeling tense walks by the many males praying not one will have the interest to touch him or much mess get near him, nonetheless, the reason he's exposing himself to such anxiety is to find that single father whom he shares so many traits with with the exception of a son though. "Found him." Gold Sky, cautiously approaches the soldier. "Marine?"

The single father looks up to make eye contact with the pony. "Yes?"

"What is your name?"

"My name is Phillip."

"Thank you, Phillip." Gold Sky turns back around to by back with Oliver. "Dad, please protect Phillip."

"I will my son." Yahshua declares his words.

In the bridge Oliver knows they are close to the providence. "Captain signal the others to put on their air masks, we have reached high altitude and safe range from the AA batteries." The General gets his air mask on. "Gold Sky."

"General Oliver, we're close aren't we?"

"I find it amazing how you ask me that question even though you know the answer." Oliver's voice is muffled due to the mask.

Gold Sky sighs to a feeling inside his chest. "Oliver, there is something I want to tell you before I go in."

"What is it Gold Sky?"

"Remember when you were adopted and your new mother and father were standing in front of you?"

Oliver nods his head. "Of course I remember Gold Sky. That is a day I won't be forgetting for the rest of my life."

Gold Sky reaches out, laying his right hoof on Oliver's shoulder. "Before you left, you turned around to wave at me...and as I waved back at you. I said to myself...good bye...my son."

Even with the air mask covering his mouth Gold Sky knows Oliver is trying to find words to speak. "Please don't think about it now Oliver. We'll talk about this later but if you were my son then you be Gilda's big brother...but you will see how much of a coward I am. Oliver...the only reason I'm here is to protect you and you alone."

"Sir we'll approaching Hajazar's airspace." The captain nearly yells.

Gold Sky hugs Oliver. "Please be safe Oliver, I've always loved as a son. A son I can never have. Captain, open the underbelly doors!"

"You got it!"

The Alicorn makes his way down below passing by the many soldiers inside who whisper to each other they finally realize this is the Vanguard they have read in the history. "For the Republic!" Gold Sky shouts.

"For the Republic!" The soldiers reported back in muffled unison.

"Remember Oliver, wait for my signal." Gold Sky jumps out.

"Please be safe Gold Sky. Please." Oliver blinks his eyes dry.

Down below. "ENEMY INCOMING! OPEN FIRE!!!" The AA batteries fire at the lone pony coming down towards them. Creating countless black clouds around Gold Sky. "Oof!" One shell exploded by his face. "Pluah!" He spits out a piece of shrapnel. "Ugh tastes like black jellybeans."

*
"Why are doing this Gold Sky! Why are you so weak!" Cadance sadness combines with her anger. "I will have to make you strong my brother."

*
"Embrace the other side." The Alicorn closes his eyes to restrain his love which will otherwise prevent him from doing this. "I am the monster.

"KEEP FIRING! LOOK OUT AHHH!" A bolt of magic destroys an anti-air battery.


The opened eyes now glow brightly.

"I am Love."

Gold Sky takes hold of his tomahawk and knife.

"I am the beginning..."

His magic destroys another battery.


"I AM DEATH!"

(Wicóŋte)

---

Chapter.66 - Wicóŋte

"If you came to me seeking justice then you came to the wrong killer but if you came to me seeking vengeance then I am the perfect killer!"

"Fear! I'll show you fear...I AM KING IN THE SEA OF SPILT BLOOD!"


My dearest readers, as I stated before I think RariDash is the best shipping pair but don't expect me to write a fan fic about them together anytime soon. Instead I like to think of their relationship of that of Power Girl and Huntress of DC's comics New 52 to which I have a barely love and big hate relationship with. (Talking about the New 52 thing) Of course, my dearest readers Gilda only shares the adopted upbringing trait of Power Girl and this is before the unnecessary New 52. Their relationship is basically deep friendship as displayed in the show and that what I decided to do with Rarity and Rainbow Dash since they're not RariDash in this story. A strong relationship like that of Power Girl and Huntress.

As for Fluttershy and Rarity, their relationship reminds of the strong brotherhood of Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee for the Lord of the Rings. Hence the music when Rarity is talking with Lauren the Archangel.

Also I found a sound effect for *Tirah* it will heard in the next chapter.

PreviousChapters Next