• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 2,855 Views, 46 Comments

An Unusual Romance - DashieFan258



Twilight accidently gets sent to earth and befriends a lonely human. And their relationship eventually blossoms into a romance

  • ...
15
 46
 2,855

Chapter XI

Twilight rubbed her eyes with her forlegs, hoping she was only seeing things. But when she opened her eyes, Celestia was still there. She had a slight smile on her face.

"Twilight. My faithful student. How have you been?" Celestia asked

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me, princess. But how did you get here?" She asked.

"A dimension travelling spell. I assume you know why I'm here?" Celestia said

"You're here to take me back." Twilight said.

Celestia said nothing and instead gave a slight nod.

"Atleast let me write a note for Jason?" Twilight asked.

"Who is this Jason?" Celestia asked

"He's my boyf-" Twilight stopped herself. "He's the human who has been taking care of me." She said, hoping Celestia doesn't question her first answer.

"Very well. But make it quick. We don't have much time."

Twilight walked over to the coffee table and levitated a pencil and a piece of paper over to her and began writing.

Dear Jason,

These last 6 months have been wonderful. You've taught me so many things about your world and I could never fully repay you for it.
Celestia has returned to bring me back to Equestria.
I will never forget everything you've done for me and you will always have a special place in my heart.
I love you, Jason. You've shown me what true happiness is and I can only hope that one day I can return the favor.

Yours forever,
Twilight Sparkle

Twilight put the piece of paper onto the coffee table as a tear began to run down her face. Suddenly Celestia's wing was wrapped around Twilight.

"You ready to go?" Asked celestia.

Twilight took one last look around the apartment. Attempting to memorize every last detail. She never wants to forget the time she's spent here. She looked at the picture that hangs above the couch. It's a picture of her and Jason. Twilight shed another tear and gave a nod.

"Yes, Princess"

Celestia's horn began to glow and Twilight could feel a large amount of energy course through her body. There was a flash of white light and next thing she knew, She was in her library, surrounded by her friends.

-------------------------

"Twilight? I'm home. I picked us up a few movies I figured we could stay up late and watch them." I say as I kick my shoes off and hang up my keys.

"Twilight? Where are you?" I ask. No answer. I check my room, thinking she might be sleeping, but it's empty. My heart begins to race. Suddenly I notice a piece of paper sitting gingerly on the coffee table. I walk over and pick it up.

I slump down onto the couch in an instant as the tears begin to well up in my eyes. A few fall,staining the paper. She's gone. She's really gone. And I'll never see her again. I stand up and punch the wall behind the couch.

"Why?" I ask myself. "Why did she have to leave now?"

I drop to my knees and bury my face into my hands. I knew this was going to happen but I didn't think it would hurt this much. My chest feels tight and my breathing is sporadic.

-------------------------

It's been a week since Twilight returned to Equestria. I quickly fell into a depression. I lost my job, I've barely eaten, I've barely slept, hell, I've barely left my bed. Twilight was everything to me and now she's gone forever. Part of me wishes she'll return but I know that it's highly unlikely. She's probably having a wonderful time with her friends in Equestria. And I'm stuck here in my boring, predictable routine. I think one reason why I love Twilight is because she managed to pull me out of that dull routine.

I can't get the thoughts of suicide out of my head. If I'll never see the love of my life again, then what the hell's the point? I decide it's finally time. I hop in my car and head to my local hardware store. I pick up a long bit of rope and head back home. I get to work, tying one end of the rope around my ceiling fan and tying the other end into a loop. I stand on a chair and squeeze my head through the loop. I'm just about to kick the chair out from under me when I notice a bright flash of white light.

Author's Note:

Well, that's it. Jesus christ. I hope you guys all enjoyed it, because I had tons of fun writing it and replying to all your comments and stuff. Is there a sequel in the works?

Perhaps :raritywink:

Comments ( 9 )

I'm not too sure on this ending. It seems very rushed.

Twilight gave very little thought to her boyfriend, with a dear john letter as a goodbye. No real arguments. Make twilight much more reluctant to leave. The reluctance would have been a more natural reaction than just "what about my... Meh it'll be fine".

Then you just basically said, "He was depressed, and decided to kill himself." Exposing us to his feelings over the time after she left would have made us feel for the guy a lot more, and rejoice at the, admittedly inevitable, transport to equestria.

If, in the sequel, you do not touch on her friends reaction to her leaving like this, then I think you would do a very large disservice to this wonderful little story you wrote.

This is just my opinion, influenced by how this chapter proceeded.

7091239 It's an idea I've been tossing around in my head for the past few weeks. There are a few things I'd need to figure out first so it's not a guarantee yet but it is a possibility

7091126 Here was my thought process, Twilight knew it was inevitable and she didn't want to disappoint the princess. She didn't want to let the princess know that she enjoyed it there and she didn't want to leave. As for the mentioning in the sequel, I'll keep that in mind if I ever do write one.

7091377 No guarantee at this point in time. Though it is a possibility.

7158751 I know how you feel, man

dang it cliff HANGER! get it?!:trollestia:
woot!:yay:

9016848
Because you have some sort of sick wish fulfillment where you want to be her “sister”. If she was real, she would be disgusted by you. But she’s not.

Login or register to comment