• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 2,855 Views, 46 Comments

An Unusual Romance - DashieFan258



Twilight accidently gets sent to earth and befriends a lonely human. And their relationship eventually blossoms into a romance

  • ...
15
 46
 2,855

Chapter IV

"what's this?" Twilight asks, pointing to the keyboard on the desk in front of her.

"That's a keyboard. It's used to type words that will then appear on the screen" Right now I'm teaching Twilight how to use the internet. I promised I would about a week ago but I never got around to it.

"ooo" Says Twilight and she places her hoof on the keyboard. And what's that?" She asks pointing to the mouse.

"That's a mouse. It's used to navigate the menus and stuff." Twilight used her magic to move the mouse as the screen burst to life displaying my desktop. It's nothing special just a picture of me and my friends and a few files for various things. I lean over Twilight and point to the Google Chrome symbol. "Ok move the cursor-" I was cut off by Twilight before I could finish.

"What's a cursor?" She asks looking up at me. I sigh lightly.

"The cursor is that little white arrow right there. It's how you click on stuff."

"Got it." Says twilight as she turns back to the computer.

"Now just move the cursor over here and click twice." Twilight follows my instructions as the Google homepage is brought up. "Welcome to the internet,Twilight. Any and all information you could ever want or need is right here. Just type it in the search bar and you're good to go." Twilight's eyes widen in amazement.

"What should I look up?" She asks. "Maybe something about your world's history or maybe it's science or..." She trailed off. "I got it!" She exclaims as she starts attempting to type with her hooves. When she's done she looks up at the screen and her smile disappears. "I think my hooves might be too big" She says. I look over her shoulder to see what the problem was.

"hgfjkdgfutryjfewkhuveukgkerjfgjkhdfg" was all she could manage to type. I chuckle slightly. "Yeah. That may be a problem. Let me think for a second" I stood there for about 2 minutes thinking of different ways Twilight could use the keyboard until it hits me. "I'll be right back" I say as I turn to leave the room

"Wait." I stopped and turned back towards Twilight and raise a single eyebrow.

"What?" I ask

"Where are you going?" She asks somewhat sheepishly. She has a slight look of sadness on her face and I can tell she doesn't like being alone.

"I'm going to get something. I'll be right back. Like 2 seconds" I reply. Twilight gives me a nod and with that I leave the room.

"Here. Use this" I say as I enter the room with a pencil. Twilight just stares at me with an unimpressed look. "Use your magic to levitate the pencil and press the keys with it" I say. With that Twilight's expression changes to one of joy as she takes the pencil in her magical grip and begins typing again.

It takes her nearly 5 minutes to type out her search. "A spectrum on human emotion and the related areas of the brain" She looks down at the keyboard then to me.

"What now?" she asks

"Just hit the enter button. It's the one that says enter on it" She looks back down at the keyboard and quickly scans it to locate the enter button. Once she does she presses it and the screen changes once more. Twilight had a small nerdgasm at the site of the many links and articles

"This is more amazing than I thought it would be. We need this in equestria. It would make doing research a lot easier and faster too."

"Well, I'll leave you to it. Have fun Twilight" I grab my keys as Twilight waves her hoof in the air as if to say "Yeah yeah just go already" I smile softly and leave the house for work.

"I wonder what else I can find on the internet" Twilight says to herself. "Jason said any all all information I want or need is right here. So maybe it has a way for me to get back home" Twilight thinks to herself and she starts to frantically type her question into the search bar and hitting enter. "No results found" She read out loud. Her ears flopped down sadly as she let out a long sigh. "Even the internet doesn't know how I can get home. Maybe...maybe I'll never be able to return" Twilight thought about the events that would occur if she never came back. She's been gone for about a week and a half so surely her friends are either searching for her or they've already searched but gave up. Twilight looked around the apartment contemplating what she should do. Whether she should just give up on finding a way home and learn to adapt living with a human or she could try a teleportation spell. Maybe that could get her home. But she doesn't know how far away from Equestria is and she might not have enough magical energy to teleport a vast distance.

She stood up from the computer desk and trotted into the middle of the living room. "It's worth a shot. I have to atleast try" Twilight focused on using her magic to send her home. She's performed teleportation spells countless times but only over short distances. She could feel the magic coursing through her veins as her horn glow brighter by the second until she dropped to the floor her magic sizzling out. "Appleseeds!" She yelled as she stood back up. She didn't have the magical capabilities to perform the spell. She kicked at the ground with her hoof and sighed as the thought that she'll never see her friends again overtook her mind. Memories of hanging out at sugar cube corners and all the adventures her and her friends shared played in her head over and over. Twilight tightly shut her eyes to stop from crying but it was too late. Tears began to roll down her cheek as she fell to her knees sobbing softly into her hooves.

After about an hour Twilight was out of tears. She cried until she couldn't cry anymore. Her once beautiful lavender eyes were now puffy and bloodshot. Her cheeks stained with tears. She stood up and dusted herself off still sniffling. She trotted slowly back to the computer desk and sat down. Blindly staring at the page. Twilight sighed.

"If there's no way back home than I guess i have no choice. I have to adapt with living with a human and never seeing my friends again" Twilight's voice cracked slightly at the last word as sadness washed over her once more, though she still couldn't cry. She shoved the keyboard out of the way and laid her head down onto the desk. "It's not so bad. Oh who am I kidding? It's really really bad. But Jason is a nice guy. He's caring. He took me in. And on the weekend we read books together. I only ever read books with Rainbow Dash but that was not a common thing. He gave me a place to sleep, my own room. He feeds me and gives me whatever I need. I have lots of fun being around him" Twilight noticed a slight pain in her chest. She sat straight up and pressed her hoof against her chest right above her heart. She could feel her heart beating.

bump bump. bump bump.

"My heartbeat seems normal" Twilight says out loud. "But then why do I have a slight pain in my chest?" She looked up to the computer screen and grabbed the keyboard she had slid across the desk and took her typing pencil with her magic and began typing out her symptoms into a blank note document.

"chest pains." Was all she wrote. She saved the file. "I don't have enough information for a diagnosis just yet. I'll have to be on the lookout for other symptoms." Twilight closed the file and begin to think of what else she could look up.

Author's Note:

Hey guys. Wow thanks for over 200 reads already. I didn't think I'd get this many reads this quickly. It's amazing and it motivated me to write the next chapter a little early. I hope you enjoy it and don't worry. I have a plan for the document Twilight made but you're just going to have to wait to find out :twilightsmile: