• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 2,855 Views, 46 Comments

An Unusual Romance - DashieFan258



Twilight accidently gets sent to earth and befriends a lonely human. And their relationship eventually blossoms into a romance

  • ...
15
 46
 2,855

Chapter VI

I woke up to my alarm clock ringing. Before I could roll over and slap the snooze button, the clock is surrounded by Twilight's magic and the annoying beeping ceases.

"Good morning" Says Twilight, opening her eyes slowly and yawning. "How'd you sleep?" She asks as she rubs her eyes with her foreleg.

"Pretty good actually." I say with a smile. I turn to look at the clock. 7:30AM. "Damn" I think to myself. I get out of bed and I change my shirt. I turn back to Twilight, who's still half awake laying in my bed. "Uh...do you mind, Twilight? I kinda have to change my pants"

Twilight looks down at the floor. "Oh. Right. Sorry" She says as she gets out of the bed and leaves the room, shutting the door behind her. I quickly throw on a pair of skinny jeans. I then put on some deodorant and spray on some Axe. I put on a hat and grab my wallet and leave the room. "Hey,Twilight!" I call out. "I have to be at work soon so if you want something to eat it has to be quick!" I say as I grab a bowl from the cupboards and make myself a bowl of cereal.

"That's fine. I can eat later. I'm not all that hungry right now." Twilight says, suddenly appearing behind me. I turn around and walk over to the table and sit down. Twilight comes and sits down beside me.

"So I was thinking...about last night." Twilight says,nervously clapping her hooves together. I held up a single dismissive finger as I swallowed my cereal.

"Twilight, it's fine. You were tired. You probably didn't even know what you were saying. Besides, nothing happened and I don't know about you but I had tons of fun." Twilight smiled sheepishly.

"You're right. I was tired. Very tired. But I had fun too. We should do that every weekend." I jokingly tussle up her mane.

"Deal" I say,finishing off the last of my breakfast. I get up and put the bowl in the sink. "Ok so I'll be home same time as usual. Try not to trash the place while I'm gone."

Twilight raises an eyebrow. "Do you even know who you're talking to? I'm not going to trash the place. If anything, I was going to organise it. Make it even better." I chuckle as I grab my keys and head out the door.

Twilight's ears flop as soon as Jason is out of sight. She hates it when he's not there. In Equestria it would be different. She could amuse herself with books or she could talk to spike. But This is an apartment. And Jason isn't much of a reader so there aren't that many books. Twilight's already read each book 4 times at least in the 2 weeks she's been stuck there.

She gets bored. Sometimes she'll take a nap or go on the internet but she mostly just lazed around, keeping an eye on the clock.

Twilight flopped back onto the couch and sighed to herself. She had no idea what to do. Her eyes darted back to the clock. 12:00PM. Jason will be home in 3 and a half hours. This realisation made twilight happy for a moment but then it dawned on her. She has to sit around for even longer. Her ears flop down and she lets out a small yawn. She laid down and fell asleep soon after.

----------------------------

"Twilight? I'm home. I picked up something I think you'll enjoy" I said as I entered the apartment and took my shoes off. "Twilight? Where you at?" I walked into the living room and found Twilight curled up on my couch, sleeping. I chuckle lightly to myself and walk into the kitchen. Putting a plastic bag on the table along with my keys. I re-enter the living room and sit on the edge of the couch. I nudge the sleeping mare gently.

"Hey, get up Twilight. I got something for you" Twilight just lets out a groan and rolls over so she's facing the back of the couch. I stand up and face the mare and I shake my head.

"god damn it" I whisper to myself and I begin to gently shake the mare. "Get up" Twilight rolls over and slowly opens her eyes. She smiles warmly.

"Hey, you" She says. "What time is it?"

"Just after 4." I say. "Now come on and get up. I picked up something for you that I think you'll enjoy" I stand up and gesture her to follow me into the kitchen.

Twilight followed beside me and sat down at the table. "So? What's this thing you picked up for me?" She asked quizically but also excitedly. I reach into the grey plastic bag and pull out an old cell phone.

Twilight gives me a confused look. She points to the small grey object in my hand with her hoof. "What's that?" She asks.

"It's a cellphone. You can use it to call and text people instantly anytime anywhere. It's kinda like the one I have except this is an older kind of cellphone. We call them flip phones."

Twilight took the phone in her magic and carefully examined it. She flipped it open and the screen comes to life. "So how does this work exactly?" Twilight asks

"Go over to contacts. My phones number should already be in it. Just select me and go to send message. Then it's just like using the computer. You just type your message and hit send." Twilight smiled wide.

"This is amazing." She said

"Well I figured you were probably bored sitting around all day so I figured this would help." I said, shrugging. Before I knew it, Twilight's hooves were wrapped around my legs.

"Oh you have no idea. Thank you so much" Twilight says, looking up at me with a big smile spread across her face. It's the kind of smile I'd do anything to see. It's so warm and happy. It's the kind of smile I'd die to protect.

Twilight let go of my legs and cleared her throat slightly. "So how was work today?" She asks, trying to change the subject.

"Not too bad." I say as I walk to the couch and sit down. I put my feet up onto the coffee table and Twilight sits down beside me.

"Again, thank you for the phone. You have no idea how boring it is when you're not here." I wrap an arm around the purple mare and she snuggles into my side.

"You're very welcome." I say.

Twilight sighs with content as she slowly closes her eyes. I look down at her.

"what's up? You tired already? It's only 5" I say

Twilight waves her hoof dismissively. "Nah. I'm just relaxing. You're really warm, you know that?"

I squeeze Twilight gently. "Well that's good to know." I say

Twilight lets out a small giggle and lays down across my lap. She looks right up at me. "Hey."

I look down at her. "sup?" I ask.

"You ever wonder why of all places I could end up I'd end up here with you?" She asks.

I gave this some thought. "Well not since a few days after you showed up. Now I don't really care how or why you're here, I'm just glad you are." I smile slightly.

"I'm serious though" Says Twilight. "What if I was sent here on purpose? But why and by whom? And most importantly, how?" She asks.

"I'm not sure, Twilight. We humans have magic but it's all fake magic. Just smoke and mirrors. You have real magic. I'm the last person you should be asking that."

Twilight brought her hoof to her muzzle for a second, thinking. "I guess you got a point there." She says. "I'm the only one who can get myself back home."

"How long do you think it's been?" I ask

"Hm? What do you mean?" Asks Twilight.

"I mean if it's been 2 weeks here, how long do you think it's been in Equestria?"

"I'm not sure. I haven't thought of that. It could be anywhere from a few days to a few years." Twilight's face froze with the sudden realisation.

"Oh Celestia." She says. "For all I know my friends could've stopped looking for me by now. I could be considered dead."

"No Twilight. You and I both know your friends. They would never give up looking for you. Besides, I bet it hasn't been all that long." I say reassuringly. This calms Twilight down a little bit.

"You're right" She says as she sits up. "I bet my friends are still looking for me." She looks down at the floor. "I just hope they can find a way for me to go back home."

I can tell what's going to happen next so I move fast. I pull Twilight into a hug to try and stop her from crying. My sentiment is returned almost immediately. Twilight sobs quietly into the crease of my neck as I gently rub her back.

After Twilight is done sobbing I pull away from the hug. "You feel better now?" I ask

Twilight nods slowly "mhm." She wipes the tears from her cheeks and smiles sheepishly. "thank you." She says as she slowly leans in towards me and closes her eyes.