• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 2,848 Views, 46 Comments

An Unusual Romance - DashieFan258



Twilight accidently gets sent to earth and befriends a lonely human. And their relationship eventually blossoms into a romance

  • ...
15
 46
 2,848

Chapter I

I awoke to my alarm clock ringing. I groggily roll over and check the time. 6:30AM. I groan as I slam my hand down on the clock effectively shutting it off. I slowly roll out of bed and begin my morning routine. My name's Jason. I'm 18 years old and i live in a small apartment on the outskirts of town alone. I work in a factory as a general labourer. It's nothing glamorous but it pays the bills and it supports my video game and My Little Pony addictions. I walked over to my closet wiping my eyes as i grab a simple black t-shirt and throw it on. I take some jeans from my closet and slide them on. It's just another Monday morning. My head hurts somewhat from a slight hangover but it's nothing major and hopefully shouldn't effect the day. I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a quick shower. After that I head into my kitchen and make myself a bowl of Lucky Charms. As I sit at my table eating my breakfast i look around the room at the old family photos and posters i've collected over the years. I pull out my phone to check my text messages. As usual I have none. It's nothing i'm not used to. I finish up my breakfast and put the bowl in the sink as i grab my keys and leave for work, being sure to lock my door behind me.

-------------------------

A bright purple light enveloped the small one floor apartment. Slowly expanding before collapsing into itself. At the point where the light started, lays a lavender purple unicorn pony with a purple mane and tail with a single pink streak in both. her mane and tail were unkempt with loose hairs standing out all over them. She slowly stood up and rubbed her eyes with her foreleg.

"Where am I? Spike?" No answer. "Hellooooo?" she called out, stretching slightly. Once she realised she was alone she looked around the apartment at the posters and pictures that adorn the walls. She frantically looked around beginning to panic.
"What is this place?" She asked herself. She stopped when she saw the door and excitedly trotted over to it, opening it with her magic. But quickly closing it again after seeing cars drive by and strange bipedal creatures she's never seen before. She began to hyperventilate as she slid down with her back to the door. She sat there for what seemed like hours but in reality was more like 10 minutes. Her mind racing with countless questions that she has no idea how to answer. She began to calm down as her eyes began feeling heavy. Whatever brought her here must've drained her energy. She tried to fight the urge to sleep but it overpowered her as she layed down on the floor blocking the door and fell asleep.

------------------------------------

I pull into my driveway after a long day of work. It's about 5:30PM and i can't wait to eat, watch some tv and go to sleep. I rub my legs trying to ease the pain that tingled from them. I've been on my feet all day carrying around boxes and other heavy objects. My legs felt like jelly. I turned the keys and removed them from the ignition, got out of the car and locked it. I threw my keys in the air slightly and caught them again as I walked towards my door. I fumbled through the key ring for the right key. I look up quickly and notice my door is open slightly. I began to panic as all the worst case scenarios run through my mind. I gently tried to open the door but it would barely budge as if something heavy was pressed against it.

"What the fuck?" I asked myself. I pushed harder against the door. Once it was open enough for me to see inside I quickly peeked around. Nothing. It looked exactly the same as i had left it this morning. I considered calling the police but I could hear a very faint and peaceful breathing. I pushed the door more. I could hear it louder now but not by much.

"fuck this" I thought to myself. I looked down to grab my phone from my pocket when i saw it. I froze in place. It was a familiar sight. But there's no way it could've been real. I wiped my eyes thinking maybe i was just seeing things from being overly exhausted. I took a deep breath and looked down again. Nope. It was still there. Twilight sparkle was sleeping on my floor blocking the way into my house. I squeezed through the opening in the doorframe and gently closed the door. I stood there for what felt like forever just staring. My mind was racing.

"How is this possible? How did she get here? Why is she here? How long has she been here?" I can't believe what i'm looking at. THE Twilight Sparkle. The very same Twilight Sparkle from my guilty pleasure of My Little Pony was here. In my apartment. I have to be going crazy. There's no way this is real.
"There's only one way to find out" I told myself as I knelt down and examined the purple unicorn on my floor. I have a rather active imagination but it's not nearly this active. She looks so real. I slowly reach out and gently touch her mane. I fell back onto my ass and pulled my hand away.

"Holy shit. I touched her. I felt her mane." There's no doubt in my mind now. Twilight Sparkle was real and she was in my house. Right in front of me. I thought about telling someone but who would I tell? None of my friends know I watch the show meant for little girls and I'd like to keep it that way. And even if they knew they wouldn't believe me. I look back over to twilight as she shuffles slightly and her eyelids slowly peel open to reveal 2 rather beautiful lavender eyes.

Author's Note:

This is the first romance story i've written and the first story i've written in a few years. I hope you guys enjoy it :pinkiehappy: