• Published 8th Feb 2016
  • 2,855 Views, 46 Comments

An Unusual Romance - DashieFan258



Twilight accidently gets sent to earth and befriends a lonely human. And their relationship eventually blossoms into a romance

  • ...
15
 46
 2,855

Chapter X

It's been about 6 months since Twilight came into my life. We still have no idea how she got here or how she's supposed to get back. I feel as if Twilight's getting used to the idea of staying here with me. Today is just another Sunday. Twilight and I are curled up on the couch and watching a movie. We opted for a scary movie, Halloween 2 to be exact, since Halloween is just around the corner.

Twilight's hooves are wrapped tightly around my midsection. I've seen this movie so many times that it doesn't scare me anymore. But Twilight is clearly terrified. She buries her face into my chest whenever she gets too scared.

"Twi, you're missing the best part." I say. Twilight slowly pulls her face away from my chest and looked towards the TV.

"Why does he wear that mask? It's so creepy." She says

"That's the point. It's supposed to be creepy." I say as I tighten my grip around her.

"How do people even call this entertainment? And how are you not scared?" She asked as she buries her face back into my chest.

I start to gently rub her back. "I don't know." I say. "But I've seen this movie, and other movies like it, so many times that I guess I'm just desensitized to it." I say with a slight shrug.

"Can we just watch something else?" She asks, her face still buried in my chest so her voice is muffled slightly.

"I'll cut you a deal." I say. Twilight lifts her head from my chest and looks me in the eyes.

"What kind of deal?" She asks with a raised eyebrow.

"If you can sit through the rest of this movie without burying your face in my chest we can watch another movie. One that's not scary." I say with a slight grin. Twilight says nothing and just ponders the deal for a bit.

"Fine." She says. "But I get to pick the next one."

"Deal." I say. Twilight turns her head towards the TV.

----------------------------------------------

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" I ask in a slightly teasing manner.

"I guess not. Now a deal's a deal. It's my turn to pick a movie." She says

"Alright. Do you have any movie in mind?" I ask.

"Well I remember you mentioning a movie called Flash Gordan. You called it the greatest movie you've ever seen. I was thinking we watch that." She says. I can't help but laugh when she mentions that movie. Twilight gives me a strange look. "Is something wrong?" She asks

I shake my head. "No,Twi. It's just that I said that Ironically. It's the kind of movie that's so bad it's good. Like The Room. or Birdemic. It's an ironic kind of love."

"I don't see the irony." Says Twilight. This is just one reason why I love her. She's so naive but it's so adorable.

"Don't worry about it. Let's just put it on and you'll see what I mean." I say as I stand up and take Halloween 2 out of the DVD player and insert Flash Gordon. I sit back down on the couch and press play on the remote control. Twilight wraps her hooves around me and I gently stroke her mane. The movie starts and I can't help but sing along to the intro song.

"FLASH! ahhhhhh! Saviour of the universe!"

Twilight gives me a look. "What are you doing?" She asks

"It's the intro. It's just so great. a true musical classic." I say, jokingly.

Twilight turns her attention back to the movie. I can't help but laugh at the acting of Sam Jones. Twilight giggle a little at it as well.

"So when does this movie get good?" Twilight asks.

"It's been good since the intro song." I reply

Twilight just gives me a skeptical look.

---------------------------------

"So? What'd you think?" I ask as the closing credits begin to play.

"Well, the hero,Flash, doesn't do much. He just fights gets caught and then either dies or pretends to die. The only time he ever does anything note worthy is at the end." Twilight says in her usual over-analyzing manner.

"You're overthinking it Twi." I say with a slight chuckle. "you're just supposed to enjoy how bad it is. Though I guess bad movies are sort of an acquired taste." I say

"Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed how bad it was. I just feel like the main character should've done more." She says

"I suppose that's a reasonable opinion." I say. Just then Twilight let out a small yawn. It was getting kinda late and I have work in the morning.

"You tired?" I ask

Twilight nods slightly as she rests her head against my chest. "Yeah. A little." She says.

I pick up the mare and carry her into my room. I lay her gently down in the bed and lay down beside her. Her hooves are around me in an instant and her face is pressed into my chest. I turn over slightly and turn the lamp on my bedside table off. I turn back around and give Twilight a kiss on the forhead. She looks up at me and plants a quick kiss on my lips and presses her face back into my chest. I gently rest my chin on the top of her head and stroke her mane. After a few minutes, Twilight is fast asleep.

I just lay there for a while. Still stroking her mane. It's been 6 months and Twilight still has no way back home. I'm kind of relieved about it but at the same time I feel bad for her friends. I know they must be worried sick. I push the thought out of my mind and drift off to sleep.

------------------------------------------------

beep beep beep

I practically rip the alarm clock out of the socket. Twilight is still asleep. I smile warmly at her and plant a kiss on the top of her head before getting out of bed. I get dressed and leave the room. It's 7:00 AM and I gotta leave for work soon. I prepare some toast since I don't have much time. I eat my breakfast quickly and give Twilight another kiss before I leave.

"I love you, Twilight."

Twilight mumbles something incoherent and rolls over as she smacks her lips slightly. I slip on my shoes and grab my keys and leave the house.

-----------------------------

Twilight opens her eyes and notices Jason isn't beside her. She checks the alarm clock. 9:30AM. She sighs knowing that she slept through Jason leaving. She slowly got out of the bed and stretched slightly. She picked up her phone from the bedside table and opened her messages.

"I just woke up. I'm sorry I missed you leaving. Be safe I love you"

She sent the message and walked into the kitchen looking for something to eat. She opened the fridge and pulled out an apple with her magic. She shut the fridge door and sat down on the couch in the living room. She turns the TV on and begins to channel surf. Suddenly a white light bright enough to burn retinas starts to envelope the room. Twilight jumps off the couch and backs up against the wall. The light expands and envelopes the entire living room.

"What's going on?" Asked Twilight.

Suddenly the light collapsed into itself. And what was standing there shocked Twilight. Her heart skipped a beat at the familiar sight. She knew this day was coming but part of her never wanted it to. The familiar figure stood up and it's eyes met Twilight's.

"C...Celestia?" Was all Twilight could say

Author's Note:

Cliffhanger :twilightsmile: The series is coming to an end. What's going to happen to Twilight and Jason? Only way to find out is to stay tuned for the final chapter:raritywink: