• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 1,265 Views, 599 Comments

Awkward Conversations And Other Stories - No one is home



A series of disjointed, interconnected stories about people and ponies. There are many conversations. All are awkward.

  • ...
5
 599
 1,265

PreviousChapters
Beyond the Silver Sky: The End of the Road?

It was late into the night and Twilight had dismissed their guests to their quarters as she sat across a massive table from the more massive form of Train Wreck Pastel.

“Can you restore them?” The monster bowed his head before the former princess. “They said it was possible.”

“Don’t change the subject Train Wreck,” Twilight’s voice was grim. “You smashed his statue, you tried to kill him.”

“And I failed.” The stallion's voice dripped bitterness.

“He was trapped in living crystal on the moon! He wasn’t a threat anymore,” the princess insisted.

“He was in a coma in a changeling pod when he abused my daughter.” Train Wreck nearly spat. “He came back from the dead and drugged half of canterlot into a circus of rape, and I drained him of every ounce of magic and chased him back to hell, and he still came back! He murdered hundreds of ponies, including my second wife in Baltimare, and pushed your own beloved mentor to the point of near genocide!”

“This isn’t about him, it’s about you,” Twilight insisted, “You’re not a murderer, Trainwreck.”

“You say that like your so sure.” The beasts smile chilled the alicorn to her core. “Can you wake them up? Or not? Not my family, not just the changelings, what about all your friends outside? You promised you wake them up when Celestia came back.”

“She’s not coming back!” Twilight snapped, tears flowing freely from her eyes. “It’s a lie, all of it! Celestia didn’t go into exile, she committed suicide! There is no cure for crystal petrification, if I had my guess, they awakened the Nopony as some kind of crystal golem. He maintained his will because he was left awake as punishment for his crimes, but Luna sent all the other changelings, and all my friends into an endless sleep. Even if we reanimated them, without her to awaken them, they would only be lifeless automatons. I’m sorry, Train Wreck, but the only hope I can offer you is the wish I’ve made every night for the last thousand years, that maybe. Just maybe this is just all some alternate time loop left over from my dual with Starlight Glimmer, and maybe we’ll all just wake up.”

“I can’t believe that!” The giant sulked helplessly. “After all this time, after everything, this can’t be…”

The End?

Author's Note:

I’m putting this story on Hiatus for right now while I work on my shiny new story “Nightmare Filly and the Haunted House”. To be honest, I’m trying to get some new stories published, and I feel like this story has run on way too long. It was always meant to be multiple shorter stories, but I’ve had serious problems with getting new stories past mod screening. At this point I feel like the repeated reboots have all but killed reader interest, and the frustration has made it hard to keep going, so I’m taking a break. Sorry for the inconenience. :pinkiesad2:

Love Luck and Polypropylene,

Kiki “Train Wreck” Steen

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 5 )

Well this is a heck of a stopping point.

7493177 More like a pausing point. :pinkiehappy: I'm not gonna lie to myself and say I'm ending this. :trollestia:

7493205 Hopefully more ideas pop up for you on this one at a later stage, maybe approach David S or Damaged on some ideas?
In the meantime...

Love Luck and Polypropylene,
Kiki “Train Wreck” Steen

I love the smell of Polyurethane in the morning!

Regards Boulder (Lynx318therealone)

drugged half of canterlot

Canterlot

“You say that like your so sure.” The beasts smile

you're
beast's

And you had to shatter my theory of Celestia hiding away...though Luna's fate hasn't been confirmed yet so there's still hope

So the entire changeling race and the citizens of Ponyville are inside an endless sleep just as Nopony was? Question is, are the dreamers connected living their lives in the realm of sleep, or are they all within their own realms, going through their own experiences... and traumas. Wonder how many monsters or heroes the dreams have created by now.

7493297 YES! Somebody got the point of the Nopony's revenge! You win ALL the things! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment