• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 606 Views, 2 Comments

Pinkie's Secret - AnonymousAlicorn



Pinkie, the happiest pony in all of equestria, the pony who could make literally any living thing smile, has a dark secret. It keeps her up sometimes, but she says that she's too exited to sleep.

  • ...
2
 2
 606

Chapter 3 : Afterwards

Scootaloo lived with Dash, it being better than the orphanage. It was a relatively short walk, and silent. What they had just came from, they couldn't let that be known by anypony else. Ever. Once they had arrived, Rainbow walked over to the couch, and signaled with her wing for Scootaloo to follow. Scoots took a seat next to the rainbow-maned pegasus, and settled in, a wing wrapping around her.

"Scoots, I can't stress enough how important it is to everypony that you keep this secret as a secret. Not even the CMC can know this. Could you imagine if everypony was worrying about Pinkie, and she couldn't entertain because of it? The only thing that kept her sane was entertaining."

"What about you? You can't keep up this pace either, and you know it. I saw what you did for Pinkie, and you're still alone."

"Why do you think I didn't freak when I saw you? If it was anypony else, different story." Good answer. This wasn't a complete surprise, but was still unexpected.

"But I'm not strong like either of you two. What can I do?" This genuinely confused the filly.

"You already did more than you think." Their was a certain serenity in rainbow's voice, as if everything was fine, which it was very not.

"What about Pinkie? What if it isn't enough?" Scoot worried.

"The element of Loyalty, remember? I'll make it into enough if it kills me." She had a point, but there was an open hole in it already.

"But, you need just as much as her. what if I can't make it enough?"

"You already are, but-"

"But what?"

"You wouldn't understand."

"The reason I'm here is to understand. Please, for your sake, let me try." Scoots wasn't prepared for what happened next. It had been what she had asked for, and Rainbow was right in the fact that she wouldn't understand. She had hoped for this, but on many separate occasions. Sometimes she fantasized about it, but now it was happening. Rainbow was kissing her, but instead of going into shock like she would have any other day, she wasn't capable of doing that anymore. She had already experienced the most surprising thing possible, and this was nothing compared to that in how shocking it was. Scootaloo just let it happen. After a fraction of a second, she regained her senses were completely back, and she let Rainbow relive what may have been years of frustration, confusion, anger, sadness, and just internal chaos. It was a long moment, and it took all Scootaloo had not to advance whatsoever. After a moment, the kiss broke, and they made eye contact. It was an awkward silence, until Scoot realized that Rainbow was waiting for an answer when she was about to begin tearing up. She put a hoof around her neck, and brought the mare into a warm embrace, meeting their lips again. They shared the passionate moment until air needs called them away. She ran her hoof through the rainbow silk and along her neck, holding her head under her own. They stayed on the couch, Scoots repetitively running her hoof through the prismatic mane, comforting the pegasus. Her pegasus. Scoootaloo spent the passing hours thinking of the future. How Rainbow would always look to her for comfort, for assistance, for love. They had eachother now, and she wouldn't let that go for anything in the world.


Pinkie just sat there, on the couch upstairs. She just let Rainbow in, and it felt so good. But now, because of her, she would worry. However, it was mutual emotional gain. What Rainbow fixed, though, would just be replaced by Pinkie. Her thoughts kept trying to find a good side to what just happened. She was waging an internal battle that she knew she couldn't win. There was only one thing left. Scootaloo. She had just made a little filly's world come crashing down around her. How could anypony live with that? She got up, wiped the tears from her face, and walked over to a desk. She picked up a quill and a vial of ink. She couldn't make this right, but there was one thing she could do.

"Dear Friends.
I have a dark side. I never wanted to be fun or funny or entertaining at all. I just do it for you guys. Dashie came in on me while I was crying, and it ended up with her and scoots learning. I just sent a little filly's world toppling over. They both just left, and now I'm writing this. Whoever wants something of mine can have it free, but my main 5 friends get first pick. Good bye, everypony."

She folded, then put the paper in a nearby envelope, and went downstairs to put the envelope on the counter. She grabbed the rope from the repair kit, and brought it upstairs, where she tied it to the roof with help of a chair. Once the hook on the roof and her neck were in each end, she kicked the chair away.


Comments ( 2 )

Damn This just got DARK

poor pinkie
:raritydespair::applecry::fluttercry:

Yeah, we know :ajbemused:. I smelt a suicidal note from miles away. Tell me this was not that. Because I'm sure it was.

I do think this deserves to be forgotten! Not even a bookshelf-add makes justice to the unpleasantness one experiences! And that considering good things could come out!

Why is this even rated "For everyone"?! This story should totally be reported :flutterrage:!

Login or register to comment