• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 606 Views, 2 Comments

Pinkie's Secret - AnonymousAlicorn



Pinkie, the happiest pony in all of equestria, the pony who could make literally any living thing smile, has a dark secret. It keeps her up sometimes, but she says that she's too exited to sleep.

  • ...
2
 2
 606

Chapter 1 : Picking Scoots Up

Rainbow Dash was flying to school to pick up Scootaloo, and her 20/20 flying senses picked up more odd than Discord. She stopped and snapped back to reality when she heard it. It was crying. But, it was coming from Sugarcube Corer, and if she didn't know better sounded like, Pinkie? No way, impossible, but because it was crying, she went to see what was wrong. The fact that she didn't hear any reassuring words from the random pink mare, it just worried her more. She opened the door slowly, and the shutters were closed and lights off, so it was dark. She barely saw her own hoof in front of her face, let alone who was laying behind the counter. She stepped out for a second, opened a shutter, and went back in. Much better, now time to see what was wrong and with who. She traced the sound behind the counter, and pinched herself. She was dreaming, she had to be! It was just a cruel joke of a nightmare, but the rest of the day to this point seemed real enough. What she saw, was a pink mare with a darker pink mane, curled up on the floor, crying.

Scootaloo was the last one at school, and even Sweetie and Applebloom had left her alone there. Cherilee was leaving, so Scoots started walking as well. It was a minute, give or take a half, when she noticed the normally lively Sugarcube Corner with only one window open. This would not only satisfy her newfound curiosity, but if it was nothing, she could get a cupcake. She entered the dimly lit shop, and no one was there. She looked everywhere, but didn't find anyone, until she went upstairs.

Pinkie Pie has never been happy. Not since she was 2 years old, and that was just out of novelty. She knew her place in life was to make sure everypony else was happy, and be the most reliable friend she could be. This is why she never let anyone else see this side of her. She didn't want to bother anypony else with her problems, but no one else had ever thought of her. She just keeps giving and giving, and puts in an act like she couldn't live with herself if she didn't. She cried about her life whenever she has a chance to be alone, and how she couldn't kill herself for the sake of her friends. It wasn't their fault that nothing makes her happy. Even this was becoming routine, and crying would become useless to alleviate the pain at all. She realized she was becoming too loud, and she quickly quieted down, but a light came through a window, and it would be useless to try to salvage herself in this situation, and within a minute, she felt a soft, feathery, blanket spread across her. She looked up, and tried to wipe a tear, but the mare laying beside her beat her to it.

"Wh-wha- Rainbow, I-"

"Shh, Whatever's wrong, I'm here." Pinkie had no idea what to do now, she could try to salvage the situation and brush this off as pent up from her entire life, or let her in. Let Rainbow in, and let someone help her for once, what she had neverhad or asked for. She wan always a shoulder to lean on, but was afraid to ask for one, until one found her when she needed it. She cuddled up to the cyan pegasus next to her, and wanted to speak again after a long moment, once her tears started to dry and she regained her breath, but didn't know what to say.

"Pinks, whats wrong?" Rainbow spoke first, luckily.

"Its just, you wont believe me when I say it." She only ever had her optimistic tone when she spoke, but now she was completely dead-pan.

"Whatever it is, I'm here. That's what friends are for, right?" Her comforting voice was the only thing convincing Pinkie to talk at all.

"I haven't ever been happy. Ever. My entire life is an act, and even where I might be seen by anything, I keep it going. It's so hard making everypony happy, without having ever felt happiness. My whole life is an act, and I even keep it up where it would be possible to be found, but I-" She barely managed that, let alone anything else. She once again descended into sobs. She hated being seen like this, especially by one of her best friends. She never wanted to pressure her friends with her personal problems. Now, she was found out, and all her friend would worry.

"Pinks, come on. We should go upstairs, before someone else walks in to see you like this.