• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 606 Views, 2 Comments

Pinkie's Secret - AnonymousAlicorn



Pinkie, the happiest pony in all of equestria, the pony who could make literally any living thing smile, has a dark secret. It keeps her up sometimes, but she says that she's too exited to sleep.

  • ...
2
 2
 606

Chapter 2 : Think About It.

Scoots couldn't believe what she saw. Pinkie Pie was crying rivers onto Rainbow. This in itself was quite a lot to process, good thing she wasn't noticed by the two mares, who were in the only light in the room coming from a narrow lamp.

"Pinks, I might not know how it is to have never really been happy, but I do know how it feels to have to always act to keep everypony else happy. I hate having to be the tough one in the group. Does it really seem fun having to always brag about everything? To have to make sure everyone has a shoulder to lean on without having one yourself? I know how it is to be all alone when it comes to that kind of thing. I've always made sure no one picks on Fluttershy, and Applejack always has rain. You always make sure Rarity has her fabric, and I also notice how you help Twilight out sometimes. That just leaves us without any help whatsoever. The two most dependable, the two best, the two strongest, friends. You know how I live with it? I look back on everything we've been through, how we've saved Equestria multiple times, how you saved be back in the Griffon city. Think about it, you make everypony happy, and have you ever looked twice at the smiles you create? Do you see the true happiness in the eyes of the ponies you set out to help?" First off, Scoots had no idea what she had just walked in on, and secondly, she was not noticed in the darkness, and thirdly, Was this for real? Did the two most admirable non-alicorn ponies in equesteria hate how they were viewed? Did they really only do it for their friends? No wonder they kept it secret. This would very much make pretty much anypony worry. Has Pinkie really never felt real happiness? Too many questions. Brain overload.

Even the narrator, who was currently completely demolishing the 4th wall and was still thinking in 2nd person, took notice of how Scoots was overloaded, mostly of how he was rudely kicked out of her head. Can't blame her, I wrote this and it even suprises me. Now, the narrator was getting cold, so time to get into the nearest head, which was Rainbow.

Was that Scoots in the dark? She had only noticed, being focused on Pinkie, but it seemed Scootaloo was in the darkness, probably not being able to react to this if she heard all that, which she probably did.

"Scoots? Is that you?"

"Erm, I, uh. What- how?" Scoots sounded very worried, and was possibly wearing Equestria's widest eyes. She nodded, and Pinkie spoke up.

"Please, Scoots, don't say anything to anypony." She still didn't have her normal enthusiastic, optimistic tone. When she talked like that, it was depressing. It was the saddest non-sobbing voice ever. "I don't think anypony else should know about this."

"Not even your best friends." Rainbow added.

"Yeah. This is, well, just, wow. I never thought- even for a second-"

"We're just natural born actors, I guess. More of a curse than anything, at least to me." Pinkie spoke again, still sounding depressing. It still seemed like a lot to take in for the poor filly. Her head might explode, if it was possible. Rainbow suspected this from the beginning, though. She was always too happy, and had that pained look at the edges of her eyes. She was remembering all of her encounters up until now, from when she was just a teen, juggling those 12 bowling pins on that ball on top of a lion's head, to now.

"Hey, Pinks." Rainbow knew something she could do that might help the entertainer out. "When it's just us, you can drop the act."

"You too, Dashie" She could tell that Pinkie was cheering up. "Dashie, thanks."

"Uh, me too, I guess." Scootaloo added. "I mean, It's not right having to live like that. I don't see why either of you would need to keep it up any more, at least around me." Scootaloo knew what to say, and when to say it. Dash thought she saw a twinge in the edge of pinkie's eyes, and a smile. This wasn't a normal Pinkie exaggerated smile, but an actual one. No one in the room was prepared for what happened next, but it happened. First, Pinkie waved Scootaloo over, and once they were all bunched up together, Pinkie pulled them both together, and hugged both pegasi. She felt the tears rushing down Pinkie's eyes, and didn't respond instantly, but now they were all hugging one another, Rainbow feeling her own wet spots under her eyes.

"Wait, what about the hair thing?" That was still unclear, if it was poofy when she was happy, why was it always like that?

"And the Element Of Laughter thing?" Another good question, this one from Scoots.

"I've learnt to control my hair, and as for the element thing,-" There was a pause "I have no idea. Maybe because I make other ponies laugh? Normally, I'd ask Twilight, but, we cant exactly do that." They shared a chuckle. Proved that point. She noticed slight optimism returning to Pinkie's voice, and when she compared it to past Pinkie, this one didn't seem forced. Up until today, her hapiness in her voice did seem slightly forced, but she hadn't heard her like anything else, so didn't dwell on it. Speaking of Twilight, surprising she had never noticed.

"Probably. Say, Pinks, you may or may not be smiling. Also, your optimism sounds less forced. I like you better like this.