• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 349 Views, 6 Comments

Tales and Paws... Darkness Alight. - RustyKat



imagine. A simple meeting turns out to me much more.

  • ...
4
 6
 349

Crystal pawprints

The dawn crept up like an unseen ninja as it snaked through the window. Rusty stirred, not remembering what had happened last night. She put a paw to her head, relizing she had fallen asleep. Sombra was already awake, she noted, as she got to her paws. Based on the fact she had shifted back to her crystal ponywolf form, she flattened her ears as she combed her hair.

If I get caught in a ray of sunlight, I might blind somepony..... wait..... when was the last time I took on this form!?
She felt the eyes of Sombra as he looked her over.

"Look who finally got up. Haven't seen that form since you became my slave."

Rusty avoided his gaze, although she still felt his as she stretched out. She flinched as a line of pain shot through her broken wing.

"Fine.... be that way." She heard him leave with a few words under his breath.

Purposely he was avoiding her, she sensed, probably because their relationship had sunk like the Titanic.
She found herself starting coffee, and gave her coat a few licks in an attempt to put her fur back in order once more. She ran her paws through her hair, putting it back into order. But her thoughts kept naggng at her.
Honestly I'd like to have this work out. I don't like him so..... Distant.

She poured herself a cup of coffee and sipped it. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw that Sombra was walking into the room. She pretended not to notice, feeling the tight tension in the room. Finally she broke the awkward silence.

"Look i'm sorry for anything I have done...... I just can't tell my heart to let you go.... I care too much about you." She flattened her ears, feeling his gaze upon her.

"Listen Rusty.... You decreed it was over when you ended up with that rogue alicorn...."

"No I didn't. You simply don't understand, do you?" She fixed him with a hard stare. "I did not choose where my heart will go. I still love you Sombra.... No matter what you think..... And nothing will ever change that." She sipped her coffee, trying to erase her thoughts. "And he wasn't a rogue. He was someone who nearly died to protect me." She gave a shudder at the memory.

"Very well then.... But why do I sense hate toward me?" He sat next to her, his eyes meeting hers.

"I'd like very much for you to try to make some friends. I don't like the reactions I get when I tell them you're my Stallionfriend. And please..... Don't hate Braveheart. He gets quite jealeous."

"What, do you expect me to just sit and do what you want?" His tone was said with slight scorn. "And he stole you from me. You belong to me."

"If that is what you want.... Then I am yours."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment