• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 365 Views, 8 Comments

A new day in Equestria - Saris Daddy



Being new in town is never easy but it's even more difficult to acclimate when your moved to a complete different country.

  • ...
 8
 365

Welcome to the neighborhood

"You live here?" Groove asked dumpfounded while standing in front of Clouds home.
A small typical Ponyville style building with a thatched roof and a balcony on the first floor.

"Yeah. Why are you so shocked?"

"Because I live right across the street." Groove said while pointing towards his door.

"That's funny. I live over there" said Rebound while pointing towards the door next to Groove's.

"What a funny coincidence." mused Twilight with a knowing smirk.

"Ok that's odd. Well nevermind welcome to the neighborhood." beamed Rebound brightly.

"Where do you want your Sir Fluffy?" Groove asked with a smirk on his muzzle.

Clouds opened his front door and made room for the couchcarrying stalion. "Simply drop it somewhere- I'm still unpacking and stuff." He said.
"Thank you again for carrying."

"No problem. Welcome to the neighborhood... even if I moved here a few days ago myself...."

"Well, usually I would invite you guys to come in and have some tea but my kitchen stuff is still somewhere in a box... well, I'm back to unpacking." Clouds said while he awkwardly closed the door.


"Oh Horseapples! I forgot, I promised Loolo to mow the lawn and have dinner ready when she comes back from playing with her friends. Sorry everypony I have to go."
With this words Rebound hurried across the street and Groove was left alone with the three mares.

Pinkie bounced up and down while chanting "Cake. Cake. Cake."
Rainbow Dash mustered his body like a Dragon on diet would muster a jewelry store and Twilight glared daggers at her pegasus friend.

"I live over there,...as you already know... If you would like to try the cake you can come by tomorrow ... I think the cake should be ready by then." He pointed at his door and tried to shoo the three away.

Pinkie snickered "Silly filly. ... no that wouldn't be right ... silly colty? Nah... stupid stallion. .. feels more like an insult ... " she rambled for a while about a fitting phrase.
"I'll help you make the cake." she smiled a friendly smile and hopped towards the doorway.

Rainbow Dash only nodded and said with a flat voice
"Yeah... what Pinkie said. "

Pinkie beamed brightly with joy
"Yay Dashy it's gonna be soo fun to bake cake with my friends it's one of my super duper most favorite things to do in the whole wide world. It's gonna be legen... wait for it."
She stopped mid sentence and smiled for a moment and then she bursted out "-dary! Legendary."

Rainbow Dash looked at her pink friend "Wait, what?"

Twilight seemed to ignore the hickhack between her friends and smiled politely "I hoped, we could talk a little longer about the classical era. I don't really get the chance to talk with an educated expert."

Groove could feel how his blood rushed to his cheeks. "Expert wouldn't be the word I would use. I'm a historian nothing more. that was my job."

Twilight blinked at him confused "Was your job?"

Groove blushed even harder "Scheiße ahem I mean yeah. I used to be a historian in Germane but here I'm currently unemployed soooo I used to be a historian. " he stammered embarrassed.

"Will you continue to work as historian here in equestria? Or do you plan to switch your field of expertise?"

Groove laughed "I've always dreamed about my own small bookshop. I hoped I could fulfill this dream of mine but I don't think it's gonna be soon...
To be honest the moving here was a lot more expensive than I had expected." He opened the front door and let the three mares inside his home.

The living room was sparely decorated with only a few pictures hung on the wall next to the kitchen door.

A pegasus stallion with a little earthpony filly playing with dolls.

A bunch of earth ponies working in an orchard.

Groove playing a giant double bass on a fancy looking party.

A small pegasus colt snuggling on the side of a unicorn mare.

Groove and the same unicorn mare snuggling in a restaurant, both beaming with joy.

A group of ponies standing infront of a barn the pegasus stallion with the little earth pony filly and Groove stood side by side. Next to Groove stood an older Pegasus mare who was obviously Grooves Mother. Groove could be her spliting image just younger and male. On the other side of Groove and the young Pegasus stood a dark green coated earth stallion who was to busy making funny faces for the little filly as to look in the camera.

A picture of two elderly ponys sitting on a porch exchanging affectionate glances with each others.

An old, black and white picture of a young Stallion in the Germane military dress uniform.

An old, black and white postcard picturing a street and a celestial cathedral.

A bunch of frames were stacked in the bookshelf next to the wall.

A lot of bookshelves almost all filled to the brimm with books were standing in the room.
"Wow it's looks like somepony tried to revive the Golden Oaks Libary... Oh sorry Twilight." blurted Rainbow and was paid with an angry glare from Twilight.
In the middle of the room stood a loveseat across from the chimney and two armchairs.
on the endtable next to the loveseat Rainbow spotted a familar sight.

A Daring Doo book, Rainbow knew every Book ever written by A.K. Yearling. but this book looked different "Daring Doo und das Ratsel der Funf Ringe des Schicksals?" She tried to read the title out loud but failed to pronounce it correctly.

Groove corrected her "Das Rätsel der Fünf Ringe Schicksals. it's the germane translation of 'The Rings of Destiny.'
My fiance is a really big fan of Daring Doo."

"Why are there these funny dots over the a and the u?" asked Rainbow puzzled

"They are Umlaute. The equish language has simmilar pronounced sounds for example the ay in Day is simmilar to the Germane Ä..."
A loud crashing sound from the kitchen interrupted Groove's little lecture.

In the kitchen they found Pinkie burried under a pile of pots.
"Pinkie? What the hay were you doing? " asked twilight.

"I was looking for a mixing bowl to start the dough. But then stuff happened and now I'm on the floor and you guys came running and asked what I was doing... ahem ..sorry?"

" I'm sorry Pinkie but could you please not rummage through my cupboards on your own? "

"Schatz? Ist alles in Ordnung? oh we have guests... hello." After the noise Pinkie made, a petite mare came running to see what was causing it.

"Ladies, this is my fiance Tee Rose. Honey these girls are Pinkie Pie who wants to help bake the cake.
Rainbow Dash ... to be honest I have no idea what she wants here... and finally princess Twilight Sparkle."

Rose's eys grew big after realising that a member of the equestrian royalty has blessed her home with her presence.
"Oh my sweet Celestia... I'm sorry for the mess, your majesty. If I would have known that a princess would visit our little home I would have..." before she could finish Pinkie stopped her midsentence by showing her hoove in Rose's mouth.

"No need to worry. I'm just a normal pony just like everypony else, no need to make a fuss." said Twilight with a sad smile.

"She dosen't like it when you treat her like that. Just treat her like you would treat anypony
else." explained Pinkie with a forced smile.

"Oh I didn't know I'm sorry." Rose said with a disheartened look on her face

"It's no problem ..." Twilight said with a faked smile
"It just feels weird I mean last year I was just Twilight and only one spell later and the Twilight, I used to be ceased to exist... It's ..."

Rose smiled warmly and started to rummage through on of the shelves "I might have just the thing you need princess." she pulled out a small tin canister and started to boil some water "Anypony else want some tea?"

"Nope, thanks." Rainbow answered and pinkie snickered

"Hey Dashy when we three bake the cake we are three mares and one meassuring cup." Pinkie snorted

"Wait Pinkie, you remember what happened last time you tried to teach me how to bake?" Rainbow asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Yeah it was super duper....." Pinkie trailed off and stared into the void and before her inner eye she could see the gruesome scenes of rainbows last attempts at baking
'That shouldn't be able to burn?'

'AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! KILL IT! KILL IT!'

'I DON'T WANT TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

"... not fun. maybe it's better you sit this one out..." said Pinkie with a frown on her face.

"Well. I will leave here, got a cloud with my name on it."

"Do you mean a cloud cloud or the stallion next door?" asked Pinkie with a puzzled look.

"Yes." answered Rainbow and closed the front door behind her.

"So you want to help me with the cake I heard?" asked Rose Pinkie.


Rebound was mowing the lawn under the watchfull eyes of his little sister, or at least he was trying to.
With a loud boom the small lawnmower bursted into flames.
Blinded by the explosion he stumbled over the rake lying in the grass infront of him concealed by grass which wipped up and smacked his nose.
"OUCH! That smarts!" he mumbled while rubbing his hurting muzzle. "Great, now we need a new lawnmower ..."

Rainbow stared unbelivingly at the Unicorn trying to supress the laughter which started to rise inside her, but failed miserably.

Inside Scootaloo was observing how Rainbow Dash and her brother talked with each other.
She wasn't judging him for being a klutz, no she even played with her mane and gave him pretty obvious looks...
"That's it, now I know how i get Rainbow Dash to become my big sister." she exclaimed with a mischievious grin.


A few hours later the cake was baked, the guest had left and Groove and Rose got ready to leave for dinner at Sweet Apple Acres.

Author's Note:

regarding the Umlaut:

Ok I really have to apologise Last few months have been ....Wow :twilightoops:
I married :ajsmug:
I moved :applejackconfused:
I'll become a dad:moustache:
by the moon on Lunas Flank and Celestias cake a lot has changed in only a few months:pinkiegasp:

well I was pretty busy doing all sorts of stuff from finding a new home, to tame my Family to get along with my In-laws (if you don't know my family, that is a real hard one:ajbemused:)
accompaning my wife to the checkups like a good hubby.
I know I know all lousy excuses :ajsleepy:

So I hope you've enjoyed this chapter like I did writing it.:pinkiehappy:

almost forgot A big thanks to my buddy Cloud for typechecking and stuff

Comments ( 1 )

good to have you back

Login or register to comment