• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 357 Views, 8 Comments

A new day in Equestria - Saris Daddy



Being new in town is never easy but it's even more difficult to acclimate when your moved to a complete different country.

  • ...
 8
 357

The orange Hurricane

"Mom please stop it. I'm just moving one town, I mean Ponyville isn't really that far away you can come visit whenever you want"

Rain Clouds was standing in front of his parents and tried to console his sobbing mother.

"But what if you don't find friends? Or you make friends with the wrong kind of pony? Or somepony mugs you and take all of your stuff? I don't trust these groundslickers one bit, especially these one horned freaks with their magic... they can't be trusted"
His mother was proud to say that she had never set one hoof on the ground. and now her youngest son was going to move to a town of freaks, disgusting, wingless freaks.

The mare startet to sob again "have you already tried to speak with your supervisor? Can't he do anything? Your father could get your a job in the Rainbowfactory..."
Her azure blue coat was sticky from her tears and her amber eyes were bloodshot.

Rain Clouds father had thoughtfully laid one wing over his wife "Honey don't you think it's ok? he is only one town away and Ponyville is safe." he desparate tried to calm his wife.

"But it's a town full of wingless freaks"

A young unicorn mare who was just passing by glared angry at the sobbing mare "The nerve of some ponies..."

But Drifting Clouds did not stop to panic "what if somepony cut off his wings? What if..."

Rain Clouds stopped his mother "MOM WHY WOULD ANYPONY DO SUCH A THING? Cut it out already you're making less and less sense. Ponyville is a safe little village you can barely call it a real town it's so safe that even a princess lives there and now stop it."

His mother was speechless "Young colt how dare you to raise your voice against your own mother. Go to your room and think about what you have done."

Rain Clouds only laughed "nice try mom but I'm moving today. I will start working in a few days and the rent is already paid, all that is left to do is getting there." His mother started to cry again.

"Mom calm down I will write after i finished unpacking. And i will be here at hearts warming eve."

He gave his best not to show his mother the tear which persitently kept staying in his eye.

"Mom, Dad I love you both...."

Sun Gap smiled sadly "I will accompany you ...at least half the way" The two stallions spreaded their wings and flew off towards ponyville, leaving Drifting clouds alone in the foyer of the Cloudsdale citygates.

"Your mother and I are really proud of you...don't forget that" His father said quietly.

Rain Clouds smiled "yeah dad I know and i love both of you. ...I'm sorry i I agreed to this job." a small hint of remorse hushed over Clouds face.

"Don't be, son. We can't always be there even if we wish, we could but your mother and i have to realise that our foals have finally all left. You have to build something on your own without me or your mother hovering over you twentyfourseven. I thougt it was hard when your sister moved out but now you're leaving and I ... don't know what to say to you." A stray tear rolled out of the side of Sun Gap's eye

"Dad it's ok your both did all you could to prepare me ..." Clouds fell silent and Father and son flew together in silence. Both were overwhelmed with memories. Clouds first attemps to fly, his first maretalk (you know about the bees and that stuff) with his father, his first day of flightcamp. All these memories and a lot more kept plopping up in the clouds. Finaly, they reached the Ponyville airspace and started to descent.

"Your stuff was already brougth here yesterday right?" his father asked

"Yeah the company paid for the packers"Cloud answered

They landed in a quiet residential district which was on the outskirts of Ponyville "This is it son?" his father asked hesitantly

"Yes dad. This is it " Both stood in front of each other and an uneasy silence started to unfurl till Clouds stepped a hoove closer to his dad and embraced him with a tight hug.

"Thank you dad tell mom that I love you both" Said cloud while seeing his Father off.

When Clouds opend his doors for the first time he was greated by a bunch of boxes and something which might once have been boxes. On top of these rubble where three Muffins and a note ...

ok it was really hard to decipher. It could be Derpy or was it Ditzy? Clouds starred puzzled

Finally he started to grasp that these rubble was once his possesion and even worse it was his tableware, his beloved collection of figurines and his sofa"AH BUCK IT"

After unpacking half of his stuff clouds decided to go out for a while to buy a new sofa and a few dishes.

He stepped out of the door.

The road was mostly empty and the few ponys who were outside walked hard left or right of the road

"which way was it again to the town square?" he needed a little moment for orientation then he walked in the right direction.

A subliminal buzzing started but Clouds couldn't really locate the source of it. The buzzing kept getting louder as he reaches the end of the road and then a small orange coated hurricane rammed in his side and knocked the wind out of him.

The orange hurricane was a filly on a scooter with a purple mane and small buzzing wings and great purple eyes.

She wore a Violet helmet with white stripes which hit him in the side. "Oh sorry. Please don't be mad. I was too fast. I'm sorry"

Clouds coughed "Easy there little miss purple mane it's alright just a little ..." he coughed again "It's alright, nothing happend. Are you alright?"

The filly beamed at Clouds "I'm sorry normaly our neighbors know when I'm comming it's better to move out of the way.

So i guess you're the stallion which moved in next door with his ..Special somepony" she giggled like the schoolfilly she was.

Clouds looked at her puzzled "Special somepony? What do you mean? I live alone, I just moved in today"

He pointed at his house. She grinned brightly "Then welcome neighbour, I live over there" she pointed to the house two buildings accross from his own. "I'm Scootaloo, what's your name?"

"My name is Rain Clouds. Hello there little neighbour" he smiled warmly.

Scootaloo eyed his cutiemark two dark clouds infront of the sun "you're going to work for the weather patrol, right?"

"Eeyup starting next week" The little filly beamed from ear to ear

"How did you earn yourself a weather themed cutiemark?" Clouds noticed that the filly was a blankflank

"Lemme guess you're trying to earn your cutiemark with trying all sorts of stuff? Stuff from totally safe to totally insane?"

The bright eyes of the small filly reminded Clouds how he earned his cutiemark "Well yeah how else would i find what I'm good at?" the little one looked stubbornly at Clouds „All we ever hear when we ask ponys about how they earned their cutiemarks is girly talk about finding themselves and being themselves it's totally not cool. Even Rainbow Dash, the coolest mare in all of Equestria was all utsibutsy about that story."

The little Tomcolt filly had obviously the wrong approach towards the whole thing "May I give your a little hint?" He asked gently. "A cutiemark is a thing that has to happen in your mind first. You could do your special talent for years and it could already be your second nature. Trying random stuff won't work or even delay getting your cutiemark. Trust me I did the same thing was the oldest pony in Cloudsdale to get my cutiemark....ever." he ended bitterly.

Scotaloo was shocked "You mean we're still blankflanks because we're crusading?" Clouds had to laugh.

"It takes some time and all you ever get are phrases like you will have to be patient. it will come when the time is right. never helped me but the pattern all ponies who got their cutiemark did get it in stuff they were already good at. When i realized that i started to think about what am I already good at? The only thing I could think of were Rainclouds. that was the moment when i got my Cutiemark."

The blue pegasus smiled warmly "May I ask you what you're good at?" Scotaloo didn't know an answer "Don't rush it. I hope i could help you at least a bit" the two pegasi smiled at each other.

"Well welcome to the neighbourhood. I've gotta go to meet my friends see ya later, bye." the filly stepped on her scooter rushed back home and a few seconds later again past Clouds towards the town square.

"Well she is pretty fast..." he mused to himself "ok I guess the direction is fine."

Author's Note:

And again I would like to thank my buddy Cloud for Editing and for providing this Awesome letter from Derpy :derpytongue2: