• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 367 Views, 8 Comments

A new day in Equestria - Saris Daddy



Being new in town is never easy but it's even more difficult to acclimate when your moved to a complete different country.

  • ...
 8
 367

A fine welcome to you

The day startet really peacefully as Groove Apfel was woken by a lone ray of sunlight which purposefully made every attempt to sleep futile. The place in the bed next to him was empty and the sweet smell of baking goods danced trough the air.

Slowly Groove started to get out of bed and put on his glasses, stretched his back and left for the bathroom. After his business completed, he processed into the kitchen were a petite cream coated unicorn mare with a flaming red mane, adorable freckles and glasses over her purple eyes, was busily stirring dough.

On her nosetip was a little white spot of flour which made Groove feel like a schoolcolt again.
"Morning my dear" she chirped with an angelic smile.

"I make a cheescake would you be so kind and go to the market and buy some quark* and some mandarins? i mean after you're done with breakfast." she nodded toward the table where a cup of coffee the newspaper and a Daisy sandwich were waiting for him.

Groove smiled relaxed. In his two days in Ponyville he blew up his toaster, dropped his favorite cup and spilled coffee all over the book he was currently reading but in this moment everything was perfect. "Well then, let's eat and thanks, my love."



It's been two days since Groove and his fiancee Tee Rose moved from Germane to Equestria and up until now it seemed like Equestria wouldn't be very welcoming.

For the day of their moving a rainstorm was scheduled and Groove had to carry in all his stuff in the rain. The young earthpony was a historian and a writer, no professional moving colt.
Rose did her best to keep them dry but keeping the anti rain spell up for the downpour did drain her mana reserves pretty well.

As the last box finally reached their bedroom the downpour stopped instantly and even the sun came out. Groove's mood dropped from 'pretty pissed' to 'motherbucking rage' "Scheiß Umzug, leckt mich, i've had enough, bei Celestia..."

He kept cursing the entire time while he was under the shower while Rose started to unpack the boxes im the living room.
The room was filled with boxes, lots of boxes and most of them only filled with books.

While carefully unpacking the boxes Rose teleportet a fresh towel in the bathroom where Groove started to realize that he, again, forgot to get himself a towel before he was too drenched to do so.
He rubbed his coat hastily and left the bathroom, still wet with the towel loosely over his back.

He came down the Stairs and threw the towel over a free chair to dry "Thanks honey"

Rose smiled snootily "what would you do without me?"

"I would live in a small hole in the ground and be lonely with no sunshine and no happiness for all eternity" he answered seriously

Rose chuckled"Aren't you exaggerating quite a bit? "

Groove grinned "ME? Exaggerating? Good mare, you seem to forget who your future husband is. I'm awesome not to say godlike .
I would NEVER do such a thing like exaggerating. And now after GOD has spoken..."groove paused looking dead serious "..what would you like for dinner? "



After Groove finished breakfast, he quickly stood up washed his tableware and was on his way to the market.

The mandarins were quiet easy to get and the mare on the stand eyed him curiously.
"How may I help you?"

"How much for the mandarin oranges?" Groove asked.

"A Bit the pound" the mare replied.
Groove pulled out a small notebook but she couldn't read what was written inside and he stopped by a chart where a few numbers were written

"Seems reasonable." He commented and started to store the book away.

"Why the book?" she asked curiously.

"I'm sorry..." he smiled insecurely "I'm still strugling with the Equestrian weights and measures."

"You are new in town aren't you? Where are you from?" She asked still curious

"I just moved here with my fiance originally we're from Germane."

"Germane? Oh i simply love the Black Forest cake, pretzels and Baumkuchen. is it true you all wear Lederhosen?"

Groove was slightly amused while glancing at his flank "Nope thats south Germane. I'm from northwest Germane. it's like me asking you if it's true that all manehatten ponies talk with a canterlot accent." He smiled warmly "No offense."

She snickered "None taken. You simply have to tell me more. My Name is Cherry Berry by the way."

Groove laughed "Groove Apfel is my name but you can call me Groove."

The two talked for a while and Cherry insistet that Groove took his first pound of Mandarins as some kind of welcome present.
"Ah Cherry, would you happen to know where I can get some quark? "

cherry eyed him puzzled "What is quark?"

Groove looked dumbfounded "Öhm how do I explain Quark? It's white creamy stuff often used to bake cake."

"Maybe the Cakes have some of that quark stuff but I never heard of it before... or do you mean cream?"

Groove shook his head in denial "Nope, I mean quark. It's similar but cream and quark are two completely different products."

Cherry blinked confusedly "well then you best ask the Cakes in Sugarcube Corner."

Cherrys directions were somewhat vague "Walk down the street and you will know when you're there."

Groove laughed "Wow thats not really specific."

The pink Mare blushed "Well yeah but its just a little bit down the road," she pointet to the right "and you will know when you're there. The building's kinda hard to miss."

"Thank you cherry," Groove smiled warmly "I'll see you around." Groove trotted in the direction Cherry had pointed

A few moments later, Groove was haltet by another pink mare.
"Hey. I don't think I know you but that is not possible because I know everypony in Ponyville but I'm pretty sure that I have no idea who you are so I see two possibilities first I do know you but I forgot everything about you OR you're a new pony in ponyville and my pinky sense did take a day off. Because I haven't had my back itchy ear flop combo which means that i'm going to meet a new friend. So I know both are pretty unlikely but I have to ask DO I KNOW YOU?"

She spoke in an unbelievable speed and Groove didn't know what to answer
"Excuse me but ... what?"

The pink mare beamed brightly "Are you new in town or do I know you? ...but if I just forgot about one of my friends I wouldn't be a very good friend." In an instant she blew bubbles out of an pipe, was wearing a Sherlock Hooves disguise and Groove was sure that just a few seconds ago she wasn't wearing anything.
"So I've reached the conclusion that you must be new in town CONFESS!"

Groove stared at her with great eyes " ... well yes I am new in town I'm..."

The pink madmare interrupted him "See no way Pinky pie would forget one of her friends." A snotty smile played around her lips then she gasped "Wait .............NEW PONY IN PONYVILLE! "

Groove was doumbfounded as he had seen quite a lot in his life but some Pink dervish madmare which danced all over the townsquare singing a bizare song to the music of a small cart which was decorated with banners trumpets and streamers. that was ... new.

"Welcome welcome welcome
A fine welcome to you "

While bouncing all over the place she managed to force an silly hat on Grooves head.

"Welcome welcome welcome
I say how do you do?"

A loud Trumpet noise almost blew up his Eardrum.

"Welcome welcome welcome
I say hip hip hurray "

Still bouncing while she was playing a Timpani in a circle arround him.

"Welcome welcome welcome
To Ponyville toda~ay "

She sang the last verse of his song while sliding on her knees towards him.

"Wait for it!"
with a ding something flew towards the earthstallion hit him between the eyes and knocked him out for good. The last thing he heard was "upps the cake shouldn't be thrown that hard"

Author's Note:

* Quark is a type of fresh dairy product, common for the cuisines of German-speaking countries, northern Europe,Hungary, Israel, of Slavic peoples, and of Ashkenazi Jews. It is made by warming soured milk until the desired degree of coagulation of milk proteins is met, and then strained. It can be classified as fresh acid-set cheese, though in some countries it is traditionally considered a distinct fermented milk product.

So what can i say it's my first ponyfiction and my first fanfiction which isn't written in my native language so i hope it isn't to bad and stuff.
Furthermore I would like to thank my buddy Cloud for editing and spellchecking the buck out of this story.