• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 365 Views, 8 Comments

A new day in Equestria - Saris Daddy



Being new in town is never easy but it's even more difficult to acclimate when your moved to a complete different country.

  • ...
 8
 365

Unexpected family

Apple Bloom wasn't feeling that well "Scoots could ya please pull over? Ah think ahm gonna throw up."
Scootaloo wasn't listening her mind was preoccupied

"Hey Scoots what's on your mind?" Sweetie Belle asked slightly frightened.
Scootaloos scooter was shooting through town at an incredible high pace, almost rammed Granny Smith and Scoots was still accelerating.

"SCOOTS PULL OVER!"

Both Applebloom and Sweetie Belle screamed at the top of their lungs.
Scootaloo finally stopped and apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle jumped out of the card and while Sweetie Belle started kissing the ground, Applebloom stumbled towards an side alley to puke.

"Scootaloo is everything alright? You were driving like Nightmare Moon was on your flank."
Scootaloos eyes sparked angrily but softened almost instantly upon seeing the fear in Sweeties eyes.

"Sorry girls," she paused "I think today is just no good to become cutiemark crusader neurosurgeons... I think I will go home. See you tomorrow in school"
She stepped on her scooter and with a loud buzzing sound she speeded back towards her home.

"What's wrong with her?" Apple Bloom still slightly unsure where to put her hooves stepped out of the alley

"No idea.... wanna come over to my place and play Candyland?" Sweetie asked happy as ever.

"Bet ya." the little farmfilly answered.
Sweetie Belle and a slightly pale Applebloom walked towards the marketplace
"Ah will just tell mah sis bout this then we can be up'n bout"


At the entrance of the marketplace the two crusaders meet a totally nervous Pinkie Pie which was panicking over a unconscious big stallion with a cake where his face was supposed to be.
"Ohhhhh this is not good! This is bad! This is really bad! Calm down Pinkie! What did Ma do again when Pa was knocked out during the testing of my first Party Canon?" She then noticed the two fillies "Oh hi Sweetie, Applebloom"
She smiled nervously

"Hi Pinkie, 's he alright?" Apple Bloom asked while Sweetie tried some of the cake.

"Hmm apple pie" Pinkies smiled shattered.

"I saw the apple in his Cutie Mark and thought he sure would love when somepony would present him some tasty yummy apple pie. I mean I would love that ...who wouldn't?" Pinkie answered while picking cake pieces out of the stalions dark chocolate colored mane. "Hmm it's good. "

An apple themed Cutie Mark? Apple Blooms family sense kicked in. Maybe he was one of her cousins? But none of her cousins did have a Cutie Mark like he did.
A single eighth note where the notehead was a two coloured apple.
"Hey Pinkie, what's his name?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Oh that's easy its," she stopped "Wait I never asked for his name. .... I was so happy to meet a new friend that I totally forgot to ask."
Her eyes started to tear up "I'm a baaaaaaaaaad friend" Like a spectacular fontaine she started to cry. Then pinkys eyes were filled with panic.
"Oh my sweet Celestia what should I do? I Pinkie promised Twilight not to hospialize another pony for the rest of the month."

"Wait it's only the fifth how many Injuries could you cause in only five days?" Sweetie asked curiously.

"I took the ponys from the retirement home with me to go bungee jumping. I didn't know that old ponys have so frail hips." She sobbed desperatly.

"mahbe we should ask mah sis what to do ahm sure AJ know how to handle this."
Bloom said and almost instantly Pinky stopped with the waterworks.

"you're right Bloom when somepony knows what to do it's Applejack. "
Carefully the three tried to lift the stallion of the ground but he was heavy. Too heavy to be carried by a single mare and two fillies.

"Ok new plan Applebloom you go and get your sister Sweetie and I will stay here with him."
Bloom bolted away and Pinky and Sweetie started to operate the baking mould off of his face.
Under the crumbs of cake submerged a pair of glasses but they were heavily bend out of form.

"He seems like a nice stallion." Sweetie commented while her mind already started to search for possible matches. 'I mean Cheerilee and Big Mac are still dating soo when we scratch the love poison I think ..... maybe Rarity? Or Applejack the hardworking Farmer and the mysterious stranger ohh this is going to be sooooo goooood.'

"Hey there Pinkie, how's it going today? " A young stallion stood behind Pinkie Pie and smiled politely. He had a pink coat and short but shaggy blond mane.
His cutiemark was a wild scribble.

"Oh hi Rebound" Pinky answered.
"Quite chaotic to be honest you see, I was welcoming some new pony to the town but my welcome to ponyville cart threw the cake too hard and I ended up with knocking the poor guy unconscious and then Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom came and I was totally in a panic attack but Apple Bloom said her sister would know what to do but we couldn't carry him."
She nodded toward the unconscious stallion.
"He is pretty heavy so apple bloom is getting her sister here to help and then you came and asked me how's it going and I was totally like oh well quite chaotic and told you how I beat the new guy unconscious and that Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom were helping me to calm down because I was panicking there and ..."

the stallion named Rebound looked at Sweetie Belle
"Oh hi. what's happened to him?" He eyed the unconscious stallion "is he alright? "

"I don't know he already was out cold when we met Pinkie. "
Rebound obviously didn't listen to one word Pinky had said.

"I'm sorry but Pinkie told you already what happened to him so why do you ask me?"

Rebound smiled awkward "oups forgot to listen to her. ... Anyway can I help?"

"Well if he's asking, I'm sure Pinkie wouldn't mind" Sweetie Belle thought to herself.
"Yeah you could help us carry him to the Sweet Apple Acres stand" chirped Sweetie nodding towars Groove.

"That can do." He closed his eyes and tried to levitate the unconscious but the moment his pink aura started to surround his horn a loud bang was heard and he blew himself up. The young pink stallion stand there like he was hit by a bold of Lighting.

"Ups forgot that happens when I try to do magic" he stammered. I dawned on her that Rebound was quite the klutz but then he lifted the unconscious up like every other Earthpony would and placed him carefully on his back.
"Well, this should work but we have to go he is really heavy." Pinkie was still looping her story about how she knocked Groove out.
"Pinkie we get it would you please help us here?"

Pinkie smiled "Sure."

Together they carried him till they met Apple Bloom and Applejack .
"Damn Pinkie remand me to never get ya 'll angry this guy is almost as big as Big Mac and ya managed to get him down only with a cake" Aj was Impressed.
"Let's get this fellah up." she pointed to a bench under a tree.
"Lay him there sugarcube." Rebound did as he was told and then Aj pulled out a small flask with a honey coloured liquid.
"This is a apple schnapps like mah great great great great grandfather's used to brew it's pretty strong so stand back"
Aj opened the flask and held it under the stallions nose.

Groove knew that smell it was the Apfel Korn a recipe, his father showed him. He grabbed the flask and downed it "Where did you get this?" AJ was surprised "Ya ok there partner? That was really strong shine ya drank." Groove was completly calm "Where did you get this" he asked coldly. "Ah made it mahself it's an old family recipe."
Groove mustered the blond mare.
"I'm saying that this schnapps tasted a awfull lot like the Apfelkorn my family brew and the recipe is a Family Secret"
Aj smiled "Then ya are an Apple alright, no other way ya would get an Apple familyrecipe. Always glad to meet family" she smiled honestly
"Nope I'm no Apple my name is Groove Apfel."
Pinkie smiled "Isn't that Germane? "

Groove looked at the blue eyed candy powerd partypony and screamed in fear "AAAAAAAHScheiße! Scheiße! Scheiße! Keep her away from me!" He was totally terrified but Pinkie only giggled.

"Remember when i found out that we are cousins?" AJ only nodded

"Eeyup so what?"
Pinkie pulled an old looking scroll of paper out of her hair.
"Well according to this baby here a lot of your ancestors did carry the name Apfel as surname." Aj looked over the scroll

"ya know sugarcube I'm not the fancy bookpony like Twilight or somthingy and here i see a lot of names and also a lot of Apfel so i guess it could be true."

The scroll again disapeared in Pinkie's mane "well i gotta go i have a welcome to ponyville party to prepare."
With these words she disapeared.

"Wait did she say party?"

AJ looked at groove with curious eyes. "An Germane apple? Mahbe Granny Smith knows what to do."

"So you are saying we could be related to each other?"
Groove was quite surprised.

"Well that would explain how you know the recipe for Opa's Apfelkorn"

"We'll see 'bout that come to Sweet Apple Acres this evening and we'll talk. Till then welcome to ponyville stranger." with these words she left with Applebloom and Sweetie in tow.
Groove was left behind alone with Rebound

"Hey there I'm Rebound and I carried you here. how's your head?" Groove was dumbfounded at the smiling pink stallion

"Everything is fine, thanks for your concern. "

"oh and watch out for Pinky, she is definitely going to throw a party for you "

"I hope I don't have to meet her again. she's kinda scary"

"Nah, she is a sweet girl, a little over the top but she means well."

"Well you weren't knocked out by her aren't you?"

Rebound smiled "Not recently."

Author's Note:

Again I would like to thank my buddy Cloud for editing this and comming up with a name for this chapter chapter stay awesome bro.