• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 365 Views, 8 Comments

A new day in Equestria - Saris Daddy



Being new in town is never easy but it's even more difficult to acclimate when your moved to a complete different country.

  • ...
 8
 365

Finally Quark

After leaving Apple bloom and Sweety Belle, Scoots was still pondering what Clouds had told her.
Lost in thoughts she drove home, a little faster than usual, she took the curve a little faster than usual and dropped her scooter next to the door like usual.

She opened the door, rushed in the livingroom like usual and hurried up the stairs like usual.
As she opened the door to her room and stopped bewildered. Her room was filled with wonderbold posters and Rainbow Dash fan merch.
But the room she was now standing in was filled with boxes.

"Schatz? Hast du alles gekriegt?" a soft voice echoed from down below from downstairs.
"Meine Tante hat uns übrigens eine Karte aus Canterlot geschickt. Sie schreibt, sie will uns am Wochenende mal... Oh wer bist du denn?" A young unicorn mare has made her way up the stairs and now stood infront of the small frozen filly.
"Hello there, can i help you?" the mare now asked in fluent equestrian and with a warm smile.

Scootaloo started to panic. She had often heard storys about foalnapping and she loved to read the awesome crime novels Twilight always said were "Nothing for little fillys" This was the real world and a unfamiliar mare stood infront of her, in her own home and spoke in some weird
foreign language with her accomplices who no doubt was some muscle packed stallion with only one eye.
They were going to abduct her and sell her to some weird foreign sattle arabian Sheik who was going to use her as childlaborer till she was old enough to marry his ugly lame ass son.
But then on the day of the ceremony her two friends Agent Sweetie and Detective Bloom were going to rescue her and she was going to earn her cutiemark as damsel in distress.
She was sweating buckets in prospect of this sad future. The mare smiled warmly "May I ask you one thing?" Scootaloo was ready for anything.

...

what would she like to ask?
"Would you please come with us without making a fuzz?"
or...
"Where do you keep your ropes?"
or...

"What are you doing in our house?"

Scoots was confused "Come again?"

"I really appreciate visitors but next time please knock, ok?"

"you're not going to foalnap me and sell me to some weirdflank sheik?" she was baffled

"Oh my Celestia. No, why would anypony do something like that?"
Now Scoots felt like a total Dodo. She wasn't being foalnapped she was just next door where the new ponies had moved to.
That would explain the boxes.

The young mare beamed with joy "hey do you happen to know that you're my first visitor here in equestria?" Only now Scoots noticed the slight accent in her voice which sounded a bit like Aloe's but more natural
"You're our neighbors girl, right?"


It has been ages for Scootaloo but for the first time in years there was a mare who knew how she preferred her cacao.
Slightly hot but without boiling the milk and not too sweet.

Her eyes teared after she took her first sip.
An old memory arose in her mind.
A dark living room and the smell of lavender, the smell of her mother.

"Be a good girl scoot's, Momy will be back soon."
Never would she forget these words the last words her mother said to her.

Rose was surprised to find the small home invader sobbing on her couch.
"Everything alright, honey?"

Scootaloo looked at her, snot running from her nose and tears welling from her eyes.
Rose took a seat right next to her. "It's alright . there ... there."
She nuzzeld the crying filly carefully and embraced her in a motherly hug.
A few feathers in Scootaloos wings were ajar and Rose carefully started to preen the small wings.
For a moment Scootaloo felt like her mother never left.

Since she was small it has always been her and her brother but now everything melted into nothing she felt fine.
But on the other hoof something was off, the mare doesn't smell like lavender, a sweet smell also flowerly but not lavender. Her mother always smelled like lavender.
She realized this mare wasn't her mother.
"Feeling better? "

Scoots stopped to sob in Rose's chest. "I'm sorry." The mare looked at her puzzled

"For what, dearie? Sometimes we all need somepony to lean on and I would say you were especially needy. Wanna tell me about it? " Scootaloos eyes again were filled with tears

"It's really nothing you're only so much alike ... at least from what I can remember." Scootaloo mumbled almost inaudible

"Like who, dearie?" Rose smiled warmly.

"It's really fine ... could I just sit here like this for a while?" This time Scoots hugged Rose.

"It's alright little one. I'll be there when you need somepony to talk."
Again Rose started to preen a stray feather on Scoots wing.
"You should really be more careful with your wings. Look! They are all messed up."
The preening mare was still at it.

It has been a really long time since scootaloo had her last preening and she still wasn't able to do it herself.

"How comes that a unicorn knows how to preen?" Scots asked.

Roses face froze "You know that is one really personal question."
A overwhelming sadness was displayed on her face.
"Well it's because of my filly brother ... he was also a pegasus."
Scootaloo realised that Rose also lost sompony really Important.
"He died a few Months ago ..." Rose smiled sadly "He never took care of his wings ... always busy and always on the run." now roses eyes were filled with tears.
"Und dann macht er diese dumme Mutprobe und ... und..." The mare spoke in that strange, foreign language again.
And she cried really hard and now it was Scootaloo who was comforting the mare.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know, I'm really sorry. " Rose chuckled under her tears

"Never mind kido but could you do me a favour .... don't try anything stupid, okay?"


Freshly preened and with a belly full of cake and cacao Scoots left the house of Rose and Groove.
The Germane mare was a really nice mare and Scoot's wings were perfectly preened. Most unicorns tend to preen fillies with their magic but scoots disliked that. Magic was cold and not really gentle.
A mouth does a much better job and the warm breath felt good on the skin. She took her scooter and hushed back to the right entrance next door.
"Sompony home?" She shouted but no answer.
"Where is that knucklehead? "


Groove looked dumbfounded at the building and now he knew what Cherry meant when she said 'hard to miss'.

Rebound smiled " it's always funny to see newcomers react when they first visit Sugarcube Corner. "
Slowly Groove poked the facade.
And it was just that, a facade in the shape of giant baking goods. Knocking on them revealed that they were hollow.
Rebound trotted inside leaving Groove behind outside.
"
Hello Rebound, dear." A high pitched female voice greeted when he stepped inside.
Groove followed and could see whose voice it was that welcomed them "And you brought a friend." Rebound smiled happily.

"Hello Mrs Cake how are Pound and Pumpkin doing? " the mare behind the counter was was slightly fat...
well, not fat but round.

Maybe heavy boned?

Let's just say that she was fluffy.

She smiled one of the loveliest smiles groove had ever seen. "Just great thank you, dearie.
Pumpkin will start magic kindergarten in a few weeks we're all so very excited.
So, what can I get for the two handsome stallions who are blessing my humble bakery with their patronage?"

Rebound smiled happily "I'll take two cupcakes ala Pinkie."

"Yesididdely" shouted a voice from the kitchen and Grooves panic switch was triggered.

"Was zum Geier? What is she doing here?" panicky Groove tried to escape but Pinkie was already behind him.

"Oh hi Groove good to see you again I'm really sorry for the cake incident I always mess that part up and I'm really really really really really really really really sorry. so please take this. I made it extra only for you so please don't be mad anymore." pinky talked at an incredible speed and bounced around like a gumball. When she finished she hoofed groove a cupcake with a real artistic topping.
"Please don't be mad anymore." Giant fillyeyes supported her pleading.

'Oh Mann, this isn't fair.'

Groove inspected the cupcake carefully. "I wasn't really mad it's just. .. weird I mean you're all over the place and I have no idea what you want. "

Pinkies eyes lit up
"Oh Celestia I'm so glad I like to see my friends smile and everypony is my friend and when I see a pony I don't know I get really excited because there's sompony I don't know yet and we can get to know each other and play and sing and be the best of bestes friends." Groove was puzzled again.

"Well, please stop drinking coffee and I think we will get along just fine."
now Pinkie looked puzzled

"I don't drink coffee. "

After Pinkie gave Rebound his two cupcakes she left for the kitchen.

"Celestias süße Zitzen she doesn't drink coffee?"

Mrs Cake smiled warmly " it's just Pinkie being Pinkie. Just roll wit it."
Once more groove feeled like a total moron.

"Ok buck it. I need some Quark." He said rememberring why he was here in the first place.

The smile on Mrs cake's face stumbled
"what is it you need?"

"Quark. It's a special form of fresh cheese, real creamy and a slightly bit sour." He tried to explain it but was eyed with non understanding.

"For what do you need it?" asked Mrs Cake.

"For cheesecake it's one of the key ingredients."

"Don't you mean cream? " Groove looked bewildered
"No, I mean Quark. It's simmilar but a different product."

Pinky bolted back to groove "cheesecake without sour cream hhhhhh heresy!"

"Käsekuchen schmeckt... I mean a cheescake has to be made with Quark. Why does nopony knows what Quark is?"

Pinkie and Groove were now shouting at each other.

Mr Cake looked inside the shop to see what was going on. "Please, we have two little fillies here! Stop shouting. What's this all about?"

Groove was quite pissed off "I just wanted to buy a pound of Quark."

Mr cake smiled "so what?"

"Nopony knows anything about Quark." Groove was still irritated.

"Not really surprising its more a Germane cuisine thing"

"Finally somepony knows what I want"

Mrs Cake eyed her husband "what do you know about Germane cuisine?"

he blushed real hard.
"I studied abroad for a year when I was younger and I ... well you know I ... it was before we met and ... I kinda dated a Germane baker for a few months. And ...so yeah I learned a little bit about this and that."
Mrs Cake glared daggers at her husband. "I still use Quark as secret ingredient for some cakes.

Pinkie starred amazed at Mr Cake. "That is the superdupersecret ingredient?"

He trotted out of the room and brought back a magocool, a small box which was enchanted to keep everything inside cool .
I make it myself because most ponys don't know how to or don't want it..."
he hoofed Groove a good serving. "Just don't tell anypony about this, ok?"

"Kein Problem I won't tell."

As Pinkie, Rebound and Groove left the shop they could hear how Mrs Cake was giving Mr Cake a piece of her mind
"Why didn't you tell me that? I never knew that you had...."
She wasn't angry because Mr Cake dated a Germane mare but because he never told her about it.
The three walked slowly past the marketplace.

"well I have to go ....oh you too?"

Pinkie smiled "I want to try this Germane cheesecake."

"also auf gut Deutsch you will stay for lunch?"

Pinkie grinned "jopikowsky."

Author's Note:

For those who wonder what Rose says
"Schatz? Hast du alles gekriegt?" = Did you get everything, honey?
"Meine Tante hat uns übrigens eine Karte aus Canterlot geschickt. Sie schreibt sie will uns am Wochenende mal...oh wer bist du denn?" = My aunt send a postcard from Canterlot. she writes that she plans to visit us this Weekend ... Oh who are you?
Und dann macht er diese dumme Mutprobe und ... und... = And then he took this stupid test of curage and ... and ...

and here are Groove's
Was zum Geier? = (lit. what to vulture?) means = what the hell?

Celestias süße Zitzen = Celestias sweet teats
Kein Problem = No problem
also auf gut Deutsch = in plain language

And again I would like to thank my Buddy Cloud for proofreading and editing n stuff