• Published 30th Jul 2014
  • 3,021 Views, 96 Comments

Thief - conTROLLER234



I am one of many survivors in the zombie apocalypse, though I am very different from all of them. I used to say that before what happened, where I went, somewhere I never meant to go to.

  • ...
25
 96
 3,021

Chapter 6 Time to Go

Thief

Chapter 6

Time to Go

“Apocalypse? THIS is the apocalypse?!” Twilight raged, then backed down as the two princesses looked at her. “S-sorry…”

“Please, describe more about this, apocalypse.” The white alicorn asked.

“If you need more explanation for this after you saw what just happened then sorry, I can’t tell you any more.” I stare down at the walker, the top of its head merely hanging from its jaw and spine.

The darker navy blue alicorn stood silent for a while before speaking. “Where did this thing come from?” She demanded in a strangely soft tone.

“Where I’m from.” I answer flatly.

“So YOU brought this thing here?! It’s your fault that you put this town in danger?!” Twilight yelled, then immediately tried to take back her words as I walk over to her.

“Actually, this is your fault.” I am now glaring over her. “Had you let me go when I told you, none of this would’ve happened.”

Twilight thought about what I said, then gulped as she realized I was right. Once I sensed this, I grunt as I walk towards the library again. She galloped after me. “What are you doing now?!”

“I have to go hunt down a maybe undead pony. I need to see if that pony was bit.”

“B-Bit..?” Twilight stuttered as she followed me. Once we both entered, we were greeted with the same five other girls that I had to say hi to. I continue walking towards where my equipment was, when suddenly the rainbow pony flew towards me.

“Hey, what happened out-!” She fell backwards and rubbed her muzzle as she crashed into my raised hand that blocked her.

Without another word, I head downstairs to re-equip all of my belongings. I walk back up stairs, looking absolutely badass. Though, the cute little ponies just ruin it by staring at me awkwardly. I walk towards Twilight, then pull out my hatchet, staring at her with my black mask on. She gasps and braces herself, and so do the other ponies.

“You can help me, and you will if you want to save your friends.” I say in a low tone, and Twilight is surprised at my say.

“How?”

“Did you know who that pony was?”

“Y-yes.”

“Good. Show me where she lives.”

“A little creepy don’t you think?” The white maned unicorn whispered.

“I wouldn’t talk behind my back Purple Hair.” I say without turning around. But man, I really gotta work on my comebacks.

“Oh yeah, great one.” Rainbow Dash laughed, and I quickly turn to her.

“Shut it Skittles.” Yeah, there we go!

“S-Skittles?” Dash worried.

“Is this really necessary?” Twilight tried again, though she knew she was in this and had to follow John’s directions.

“If you want to stay alive then yes.” I answer plainly, and Twilight sighed. We both went towards the door, and the rest of the ponies began to follow, including the Princesses. “We don’t need all of you to come. One is enough, we’ll attract too much attention if you all follow.” I hold out a hand to stop them.

Applejack snuck up to Twilight and whispered: “Are ya’ll sure ya can go on yer own?”

Twilight gulped, then nodded slowly. “I’ll be okay Aj.”

Twilight and I then left the library, though I speed walk faster than usual, making Twilight have to trot to keep up with me. “What’s the hurry?”

“The sooner we get there the better. Where does she live?” I continue at my speed, though Twilight builds up the courage to step in front of me, surprisingly stopping me.

“I’d rather have you tell me the details so I can know what is going on!” She tried to keep her face angry, though fear took over it after she finished.

“Look, I have no problem searching through every house in this town to find that pony without you, or I can just stand here and wait for it to come find me. Including a couple of these ponies dying in the process. Its a simple choice, be stubborn or save this town.”

I walk away, towards the first house that I see. Twilight quickly yelled to me before I reached the door, knowing that it was the wrong house.

“Alright! Alright! I-I’ll help you!” She looked around then spotted the house I was looking for. “It’s there.”

“Wait here.” I say quickly, moving towards the house in my sneaky position. I look through the window and scan the room, but I also catch a few voices going on inside.

“Hold still Roseluck, I’ll go get my medical kit!”

“C...Carrot T-Top… P-Please, it...hurts…”

I duck down a bit as I see a yellow coated and oranged maned pony rush out into the living room, then into the bathroom. After a few more moments, she ran back out and into the room she was originally in.

“R-Roseluck? Roseluck are you awake?” I try to move around slightly in the window to get a better look in the room.

Twilight behind me rolls her eyes at the scene before her. It looked pretty silly with me trying to look into someones house with two girls in it, though she knew it was for a different, and hopefully good cause.

“Roseluck! ROSELUCK STOP!” There was a sudden moan and scream as Carrot Top suddenly ran out of the room screaming for her life, falling over objects and such, while being chased by the walker-pony.

I quickly run to the door and kick it open, Twilight still watching everything before her. Without thinking too much, I run at the zombie and tackle it, axe already in hand as I ram it into its mouth. We both hit the floor, and without me really expecting it, the zombie put it’s hind legs against my chest and pushed me off of it, sending me into the air.

I hear Twilight gasp from outside as I crash into the wall behind me. I should’ve known. A fresh walker has all or most of the muscle tissue left in its body. And another thing, this was practically a horse I was fighting here. Well, a pony, but it was close enough. It was still definitely stronger than me.

Getting back up quickly, the zombie stumbled towards me. With a swift movement to the side, I manage to slam the axe into the side of its head, taking the axe with it. Still holding onto the handle, the thing was unable to move as the side of its head was still stuck in my weapon. Using my remaining strength, I kick the zombie away from me, making it fall onto its back, and I quickly smash my axe into its face, blood splattering everywhere.

Panting slightly, I sluggishly pull my weapon back and clean it on the carpet, where there was no blood spill. I turn and look around for the other pony, but she was obviously long gone. I head outside as Twilight moves towards me. She walks right past me and into the house, and I make no effort to stop her.

I hear a loud gag as she runs back out and in front of me. “You’re a monster! A killer!”

“For a good cause.” I say with no guilt. “Where did the other one go?”

“Why the hay should I tell you?! So you can kill more ponies?!”

“Look, I don’t know why you can’t get this through your little purple head. Those, things, are not people. Or ponies. I don’t kill anything that walks normally, talks normally, or eats normally, unless they are threatening me. Tell me where that pony went, or I will leave when you’re not expecting it, and your whole world will crumble before you. I’m the only one that can stop that from happening, and the only way is to do it before it gets out of hand!” I raise my voice, and Twilight backs away slightly in shame.

“I’m sorry… I’ve just never seen such, violence in my life. I feel like I can’t take it anymore…”

“Well it’s only going to get worse if we don’t catch that pony.” I look down at her, and she meets my gaze. My eyes widen in my mask at her teared-up eyes and sad face, and I luckily and thankfully look away. “Look, lets just spare the drama and get the job done. Where did that pony go?”

SCREEEEAAAAAAMMM

Twilight and I both look towards the sound. “There we go.” I tell. “Go back to the library. I’ll come get you when I can.”

“D-Don’t you mean when it’s safe?” She sniffled. I turn towards her and flip the axe in my hand then catch it by the handle.

“The world is never safe.”

And with that, I run towards the now continuous screaming, leaving Twilight to think about what I’d just said.

Making my way around houses, I come to a clearing of crowds of ponies rushing everywhere and yelling in horror. I didn’t need that much time to know that there wasn’t much I could do here, and the first thing that came to mind seemed to the the smartest and safest way out of this. I turn back around and sprint towards the library, then kick open the door, surprising everyone inside.

“Grab everything you can, we’re leaving.”

Author's Note:

Hi again. Sorry it's taking me so long to upload more chapters, I don't want you to think I'm leaving again. It's just school. The weekends are when I have most of my spare time to make new chapters, so here is the newest one. Tell me what you think!