• Published 30th Jul 2014
  • 3,025 Views, 96 Comments

Thief - conTROLLER234



I am one of many survivors in the zombie apocalypse, though I am very different from all of them. I used to say that before what happened, where I went, somewhere I never meant to go to.

  • ...
25
 96
 3,025

Chapter 25 Amends

Thief

Chapter 25

Amends

“What the hay!? Can those things seriously fly now?”

“No, it has to be some other survivors. Walkers aren't intelligent enough to fly; at least I hope.” I worry, and I wave to Dash as I rush for the door. Just as I grab for the handle, I hear a window crash in the next cart, followed by multiple screams.

Without much thinking, nor a weapon on my body, I rush into the next cart. My eyes are greeted with multiple unknown intruders, all of them ponies obviously. They are all wearing a black suit, but they all seem to have wings poking out of the two holes on the back of it.

My entry alerts the eyes of everyone and they all turn to greet me. I can see relief in my friends’ eyes, however the intruders seem to be feeling much of the opposite.

One of the attackers, somewhat taller than the others, sticks his gaze into mine. Mine is furious and hostile. While his once showed the same, it transforms into horror in a split second.

“Y...Y-You’re one of them!” His voice stutters out, and soon his terror spreads to his fellow allies. His front hooves kicked up as he wails out: “FALL BACK!”

His friendlies answer to his order immediately, almost breaking up the floorboards as they turn tail and gallop away. I stand there, my fury mixed with confusion. My mind still stressed, I act upon the first thing that comes to mind.

“Stop them!” I point to the escaping pegasi, skidding my feet as I take after them in a full blown sprint. “Don't let them get away!”

My own order is being followed as I feel Dash whiz past me, nearly smacking my head. I see Luke launch from his seat, dropping whatever he is doing to stop whoever these ponies are from escaping the train.

One of the pegasi flies for the broken window that they entered through, and I just fail to grab their tail before they disappear. There are two more of them, and they are making a break for the main engine room.

Dash is gaining on them much faster than Luke or I am, and we also have to dodge all of the debris that they are tossing in front of us.

What the hell did he mean, 'One of them?’ are there other humans here besides Dylan? Unless…

We all race through the carts, almost reaching the engine room. One of the two escapees crash through a window, tanking the pain just to leave the chase. The last pony doesn't have as much courage, and he finally reaches the engine room.

Just as he's about to burst through the door, it swings open. Before I see anything else, I witness two purple hind legs, extend out of the doorway to make contact with the head of the last intruder.

The pegasus’ body continues to travel underneath his head, as his skull sits in place. As if time slows down, his body collapses to the floor, and he's out cold; just like that.

We all skid to a stop, staring in awe at the bloodied face that belongs to the intruder. I am the first to look up, my own face bright with triumph as I grin at Twilight. “Way to go, Twilight!”

Twilight on the other hand is terrified, looking at what she has done. “O-Oh my Celestia! I didn't think it would be that bad!” She then glares up at me, turning around. “Don't praise me for that! Look at that poor pony!”

“That 'poor pony’ was breaking and entering our train a moment ago, and probably would've done some pretty despicable things had they not run. You did good, nearly killing him.”

I kneel down to pick up the convict, throwing him onto one of the tables. “Someone find me some rope.” I automatically turn to AJ. “I'm assuming you're the pony to ask.”

She looks up at me, and for some reason I'm a bit shocked that her face doesn't show any disgust or fear. She is finally beginning to harden up.

“That's quite the stereotype…” She kind of smirks, poking at me.

“It won't be a stereotype if you do have rope.” I jab back, and she loses her smile.

“Whatever.” She grumbles, and heads for the table she was sitting at, a large limp still in her step.

I glance back down at the unconscious pegasus that lies upon the table; contemplating.

What was he talking about? Is there a chance he could lead us to Fluttershy?

The fucker better wake up…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I toss and turn in my bed that only consists of a box spring and a wool blanket. My head rests on my arm, which now has painful pins and needles rushing through my blood, aching with every beat of my heart. I attempt to fall asleep, lying for what seems to be forever. Finally, I decide I should get a glass of water, maybe that'll help.

I open my eyes, and sit still for a moment, looking around the room. I recognise this place. It's the basement of the big R.V. park. However, it's nearly pitch black, and it's more silent than I have ever heard in my life.

“Hello?” I blurt out.

For some reason I notice that my voice sounds like it's underwater, but I neglect to act upon it, nor question why. My legs spring my body up off of my makeshift bed, and move me to the basement stairs that lead up to the ground floor. I see a flickering candle light at the top of the stairs, as the light reflects upon the stone wall.

I grow increasingly excited for an unknown reason as I hurry faster and faster up the stairs, reaching the top of the case. I then swirl my head in the direction of the light source, only to find everyone; including Terry, lying motionlessly on the ground. There's blood on anything and everything, and it looks as if that entire horde that flushed everyone out before had run through this room, each zombie taking a bit of human with them. The bodies are scattered, half of them missing most of their limbs, and some even heads or anything below their waist.

“J-Jesus fuck!” My body lurches back as I violently kick my left leg out in front of me, and I watch as a dismembered arm and hand clings tightly to my ankle. The arm flies off of my foot, and into the middle of the room with a dead splat. Only God knows who's arm that was.

The sudden noise seems to stir the bodies, groaning and moaning suddenly filling the air. However it isn't normal walker groans, it's almost as if I can understand what they are saying. The bodies begin to get up, at least those with legs. Each body leeches towards me, their soulless eyes eating into my head. The groaning gets louder, and the words become more decipherable.

Why did you leave them…?

You could've saved them...

You ran away...

You killed us.

I stumble backwards, my breath quickening and my heart racing. I can't think straight, and my body is shaking vigorously. I haven't felt this fearful in a long time.

“You d-didn’t listen. Y-You could've followed us but you didn't!” I scream out, my voice still as bubbly and quiet as before. A ringing in my ears nearly drowns out all of my voice.

You were meant to die. Like the rest of us…

“F-Fuck off!” I feel my back hit the cold brick wall behind me. My fingers desperately dig their nails into the rock hard mortar, as if somehow expecting to break through.

I feel my eyes flare up with heat and tears as I watch Terry's lifeless body reanimate. He doesn't even have a face, and is just barely recognizable. His eyes have been clawed out, and his jaw hangs from only one side of his face. If it isn't for his scalp and sides of his face, his head would be nothing but a skull. The only limbs remaining on his body is one leg and one arm, although his hand is torn and beaten beyond recognition.

His bloodied stumps that once held healthy arms and legs, arms and legs he had taught me how to use to their full potential, are wasted away piece by piece. Every fragment of skin, muscle and bone, is somehow perfectly painted across every surface, almost done precisely to torment whatever poor soul is witness to it. His body is barely able to move forward, yet he manages nonetheless.

With his face unable to present any emotion, or sound that isn't just constant groaning, the words that emit from his mouth feel like they emerge from the very essence of his soul. A soul that has been trapped in a rotting, lifeless corpse for years. Doing nothing, but suffering in its slow, yet constant decay.

You weren't meant to escape. Why did you leave me?

"Stop! P-Please!" I cry out, a heavy whimper strains in my voice.

You did this to us.

You did this to us.

The light darkens around me as the corpses close in, the symphony of their inconsistent footsteps drawing closer and louder.

"I'm… I-I'm sorry…" At last, I collapse to the ground, head in hands; my fate drawing near.

Moments before all of the clawing hands attach onto my body, I feel time freeze suddenly. The noise stops, the last of their echoing screams fading into the walls and floor.

My quiet, soft sobs are all that is heard. A moment later, a bright blue flash explodes in front of me, followed by the sound of several bodies collapsing to the ground.

My crying barely ceases, my body already broken down to pieces.

"John."

That voice.

I hold my breath. I don't know it well, but I know enough to remember who it is.

My head slowly tilts upward to meet the towering figure above me. At the same time I notice all of the fallen corpses; collapsed in the same spot they were, seconds before gorging in on me. It's almost like someone had simply removed the batteries from them. They don't look like they will get up again.

My eyes lock onto the navy blue, alicorn princess. While she towers over me, her face gives me a warm sense of relief and safety. I don't move, in fact I look back down at the ground again. "What..?"

"Greetings." She states simply. "We are here to deliver a message."

"Right." I spit, shakiness still present in my voice. "Does it have anything to do with this?"

Luna hums, taking a short glance around the room before she answers. She returns her attention to me. "Unfortunately, that is not why we are here. However I should tell you that this is simply a dreamscape, and that you need not worry about these demons."

I scoff. Then take another look around the room. All of a sudden it doesn't seem as terrifying anymore. However the sight has been engraved into my memory, and to be able to piece it perfectly with what happened in the past makes it impossible to shake the image from my mind.

I don't answer, only continuing to sulk as I stare deep into the floor beneath me.

There is a long pause before Luna speaks.

"What happened here?"

There is no reply.

Luna exhales softly through her nostrils taking a step closer to me. Her head tilts down lower to my level.

"Do you know these ponies?"

Now I relieve a chuckle, shaking my head as my hand shooes at the collapsed corpses. "I did. A long time ago." I finally meet her gaze, my eyes puffy still, yet recovering from my outburst. "They were the first group that took me in. Walkers showed up, too many to count…"

I begin to push myself back up to my feet, allowing Luna to correct her posture as I now stand slightly taller than her. "They didn't want to leave, I knew we had to. I left them all to die so I could live."

Luna doesn't verbally respond, however her face showed a mixture of judgement and understanding. She shuts her eyes, looking down from me. "You did what was necessary to survive. Something you have been accustomed to doing for a long time, I assume."

I cross my arms, my eyes scanning the room once again. The more and more I look at it, the more surreal it seems. As if someone had purposely set the scene for a horror movie. I feel my emotions clash, differing from depressive guilt, pure sadness, and relief. I clear my throat, followed by a quick sniff as I respond. My vision remains static on the background as I draw in a deep breath through my nose, exhaling the same.

Luna decides to take the silence to continue. "We have dealt with many dreams throughout our lives, helping other ponies conquer their truest fears. We can say from experience that most; if not all, fears come from our past."

She repositions herself directly in front of me, leaving me no choice but to exchange looks with her. "Unresolved issues in our past can, and will continue to haunt those who chose to run from them."

"I don't have any 'unresolved issues'." I speak, borderline on mumbling as I follow my speech with a heavy cough to clear my throat. A quiet sniffle follows afterward, to which I swiftly wipe my nose with my sleeve as I brush past the lunar princess.

"And besides, I can't change anything in the past so what does it matter? What's done is done, and consequences were faced."

She does nothing more than respond with a considerate hum. "Correct you are, John. However, the choices that are made by some, don't always receive such said consequences." She turns around again to face me, the scene before us visualizing itself again. "And in those cases, a character may sometimes receive a punishment worse than consequences. Such as guilt."

I can't help but feel my breath get caught in my throat, my blood quickly shivering throughout my body. With a brief hesitation, I break myself from my thoughts to turn around and face her.

"I didn't ask to be therapised." I glue my hands to my hips, my nails slightly digging into my ragged clothes. "You said you had a message, so out with it."

The expression Luna holds does little to falter; her eyes closing as she nods down in understanding. She doesn't press on any further.

"It's news from the Crystal Empire. We have successfully locked down any entry or exit, in addition with a heavy quarantine to anypony passing through. We have relocated all of the Royal Guards there as well… " Her ears suddenly droop downwards, her voice getting softer. "Canterlot is… n-no more. We have done our best to move as many ponies as possible but…"

"I get it." I hold up a hand to her, to which she looms back up at me after hearing my words. "Losing people sucks." I scan the room once again, emphasizing my point.

Luna quietly scowls, gritting her teeth as to keep her speech quiet. "'Sucks' is an understatement…"

"Hang on a second," I start, my look holding idly on her form as my mouth hangs open. My arm swings out, lazing pointing at her before it drops back to my side. "You're not really here right? I'm just imagining you telling me all of this."

Luna doesn't seem in the mood for any semantics of mine, however she bites down her aggression to at least pity my ignorance towards the dreamscape.

"We would not have gone through this trouble to seek thou out if it were not important, little less real. This may be a dream, but we are very much here. And everything we have told you is true, so we ask that you may carry on this message to Twilight Sparkle as soon as possible."

"So, you just wander around and enter random people's dreams without their consent?" John continues, ignoring the last of her words. "Seems a little inconsiderate."

As Luna gradually begins to lose her patience, her wings flare out, almost making her seem taller than me. In a way, she does tower over me. Her voice also drops slightly in tone, but increases in volume.

"It is our duty as the Princess of the Night to enter the dreams of our subjects, to ensure there is balance among the dream realm. We do not need consent to help guide others through their nightmares, as well to resolve the psychological issues that come along with them."

Apart from the growing aggression from the Princess, I hang onto her words for a moment to process them. I don't doubt for a moment that I have numerous psychological issues, probably too many to count. However, my least favorite thing is talking about feelings, and I can already tell she's about ready to leave my presence as soon as possible.

With Luna's acknowledgment to my internal pondering, she takes the moment to finish. "I know not who you are with anymore, or how many of you remain. But whoever you have with you; you must all come to the Crystal Empire immediately. I fear there shall not be much hope left, should the Empire fall as well."

I take a moment to answer, locking my cold eyes onto hers. However she reflects my gaze like a mirror, nearly sending a shiver down my spine.

"Yeah. I'll let her know."

"Good." She droops her head with a heavy sigh of exhaustion, obviously glad to have relayed the message. "We… apologize. For seeming so agitated. We have seen many things since this began, so many of our subjects have been lost…" Her eyes draw up to mine again, however this time I can feel her sorrow. "We fear it is beginning to take its toll on us."

I emit a lazy scoff, barely shaking my head. "Yeah, well why do you think I'm such an asshole all the time?"

The Night Princess gives off her own small chuckle, nearly cracking a small grin. It doesn't last long, as she catches my drift. Her wings slowly close in on themselves, shuffling back into place. "We simply cannot imagine what thou must have seen and gone through. We wish we could understand."

"You won't have to." I look down at my feet, seeing a dismembered arm resting upon the ground. It is severed just below the elbow, or more like ripped. I give it a hearty kick, letting it slide horribly across the gruesome floor before it collides with one of the undead corpses. The sound it makes is similar to a soggy piece of paper towel being tossed onto a wall. "If you guys manage to control all of this, you won't need to understand."

A tinge of hope arises in Luna's voice. "Thou really believe that is possible? To stop all of this?"

As much as I want to say yes, I know that I can't. "No, no I don't." I give her the most reassuring look I can without smiling. "But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try."

All of a sudden I feel my heartbeat throughout my whole body, pulsing inside my head so much I can feel my tongue throbbing. Weightlessness soon follows, as I witness my surroundings beginning to slowly fade away into nothingness.

Luna stands unnerved, completely still and unfazed as she speaks her final words to me. "Forget not of the news we have given you John. Like it or not, thou may be the only chance these ponies have to get to safety."

I barely have time to look up at her before she fades away as well. "W-Wait, hang on; what's happening?"

"Good luck."

- - - - -

The darkness clouding my vision soon exchanges into blinding light, the mere shock of confusion jolting my body upright. My eyes fire open simultaneously, though I'm met with the same white vision. My fists rub at my eyes furiously, driving away my previous sleep as I recover.

When I open my eyes again I'm thankful to be greeted with the interior of the train car once again. I also notice the eyes of all the creatures onboard watching me curiously, if not some of them worrisome. I blink a few more times, all of my senses returning to me.

Applejack is the first to comment, taking a step forward and eyeing me with care. "You uh… you alright sugarcube? Looks like you had a nightmare 'r somethin'."

I hesitate before finding a reasonable response. My hand breaches through my greasy hair, holding the back of my neck.

"Yeah, something like that. I was, uh… greeted by the blue princess when I was sleeping-"

"You talked to Princess Luna?!" Twilight confronts, nearly shoving through the crowd to reach me. "What did she say? Are they okay? Did they reach the Crystal Empire? What happened to-"

"Relax, for god's sake... She didn't say much." I grunt, still trying to shake the sleep from my head. "It sounds like they've locked down the Crystal Empire somewhat securely. She didn't say much other than 'get your asses over here asap', and that… fuckin' what's it called," I hesitate, trying to grasp the word. "That huge city you brought me to."

"Canterlot?" Twilight answers instantly.

"Yeah. It's overrun."

I can feel the temperature in the train car drop considerably after my words. The ponies collectively droop their heads, taking in the news as their hope dwindles smaller.

"C-Canterlot is… gone?" Applebloom voices to the room, firstly gazing up at me. Her eyes hold such a damaged and withered stare, one that can show true fear and horror with a single glance. Without words, I can still feel her begging for me to tell her that I wasn't serious.

It takes nearly all of my effort to pry my eyes away from hers, and look down at the table top in front of me. "From what Luna told me, yes. They've evacuated as many as they can, including moving the Royal Guard to the Empire." My hands guide their way to each other, enlocking and twiddling together to ease myself. "But they couldn't get everyone."

A pained whimper spouts from the fillys mouth, her nostrils flaring and her teeth clenching as she attempts to fight back tears. "...w...w-why," She chokes, her eyes flying up to her old sister, who stands close beside her. "W-Why is this happening? W-What did Equestria do to deserve this?!" She begins losing her fight against her emotions, her body beginning to shake.

Applejack does her best to comfort her little sister, attempting to console her by nuzzling her head and leaning into her. I'm sure she would have hugged her if she could.

"A-Ah know this is tough Applebloom, but-"

"No! It's not fair! All these ponies don't deserve to die like this!" She pulls away from her sister, fresh tears streaming down her face. She lets out a sob or two, barely holding herself together. "A-Ah miss my friends. I miss school, I miss doin' chores around the farm, I miss…" She bites her tongue, desperately trying her best to hold back the dam of emotions behind her eyes. The other mares are beginning to struggle with their own, as well.

"I miss Pinkie… and Spike, and S-Sweetiebelle… and…"

She lets out one final choke before she collapses to the floor, her wails and cries coming from the deepest pits of her soul as she holds back no more. "BIG MAAACCC!!"

Applejack is instantly pulled down by her own emotions, her single forehoof grasping desperately to hold her little sister close. "A-Ah'm sorry Applebloom, ah'm so sorry." She whines and sobs as she hugs her sister. "I'm-m… so, so sorry…"

She can do nothing to comfort her, thus breaks down to pieces beside her. The two earth ponies hold each other desperately, as if they could lose each other at any given moment. Their relentless tears and emotion begin to take its toll on the others; a terrible reminder to all that have lost close friends and family.

Dash is the next to conjure any words, though in addition to her cracky voice they are barely decipherable. She wipes a dirtied hoof across her cheek, attempting to conceal any pain. But at this point it is hopeless. "I-I miss Pinkie Pie too…" her head drops, newly formed tears dripping from her closed eyes. "We could really use some laughter right about now…" She scoffs, perhaps to try and lighten the mood. However no smile follows afterward, only continuous sorrow as everyone begins to lose themselves.

Twilight holds herself together, just long enough to comfort the rainbow pegasus. She drapes a wing across Dash's back, along with a forehoof as she holds her friend close. "I k-know, I miss her too… more than anything…"

Dash either saw no need to hold in her emotions, or didn't care. Either way, she collapses against her friend, her own wing pulling her closer to Twilight as they embrace. Rainbows cries are just as quickly muffled as she buries her face into Twilight's neck, as when they first sounded. I can see her hooves curl and her body wrench as she convulses, unable to hold back.

Twilight's eyes finally glaze over enough to stream tears down her cheeks as she looks through the floor in front of her. "Rarity too… And Spike…" Her lips curl as she approaches her own point of no return, her heart aching beyond measurability. "Oh Celestia, Spike," Her face disappears into Dash's mane, giving no effort to restrain her psychological agony as she submits to her despair.

As the group cries, no one is safe from its ability to pull you into a false sense of hope, and break you down to nothing. Scootaloo nearly tackles Applebloom in an embrace, seeming to piece the puzzle of ponies together as they all group hug in one massive coddle of sorrow.

My body holds still like a statue, my eyes glued to the seat across the table from me. I'd do anything to release my mind from this moment, to be somewhere else at a different time. There is absolutely nothing to be said in this moment that would alleviate any of the circulating pain that hangs in the air, as if Death himself were watching us.

The haunting cries that I recall from my recent dream, that correlate with the horrors of my past, almost relay in sync with the painful wails of the ponies. My heart wretches as images flash through my mind, the words of the rotting bodies that I used to call friends consistantly replaying in my head over and over again.

Why did you leave them, you could've saved them… You killed them.

You did this to us.

I clench my teeth, digging my fingernails into the hardwood table and I swallow hesitantly. My eyes draw slowly up to the clump of equines, a glob of pure distress and pessimism that holds no will or integrity for anything that wasn't mourning. There is nothing else that exists in the world to them right now, but pain.

You left them to die…

The terrible screams echo in my mind once again, and through a single blink I am watching Terry get ripped apart again.

You ran away…

I spot Applebloom and Scootaloo, and ponder an image of what the children trapped inside the basement may have looked like in the aftermath.

You killed them.

In that very moment I catch a glimpse of Twilight, who magnetizes her gaze into mine. Her eyes just scream for help. For relief. For a single button she could press to return everything to normal.

And she was begging me to have the answer.

I knuckles turn white as I pry my eyes back to the worn seat across from me. Simultaneously, I remove myself from my seat, and head straight for the door exiting the cart. My arm reaches out for Luke's arm, dragging him with me. I didn't look for his response, but his hastiness to leave the room tells me he had no objections.

We cross the doorframe and I immediately close the door behind us. Luke stands in front of me, hands on his hips as he faces away from me.

There is a lengthy moment of silence the two of us allow each other to take part in. The sudden decrease in volume allows my mind to speak louder. My hand clasps over my mouth, as I am almost so immediately overwhelmed from my thoughts that I nearly burst into tears on the spot. It takes all of my will power to hold it in, swallowing again what felt like an entire apple.

I rest a hand against the doorframe and lean into it, dropping my head low and shutting my eyes. I hear Luke turn around, but he makes no other movements.

I clear my throat. "Luke,"

He takes a moment to clear his throat as well. "Yeah…"

I intake a heavy sigh as I push away from the wall, approaching Luke. I look at him dead in his eyes, and I could tell he had plenty on his mind as well.

"I know you're really fucking confused right now. I still havent gotten a moment to myself to even realize the shitshow I've gotten myself into. And I realize you've had even less time than me." I raise my hand up to his shoulder, planting it firmly near his collarbone. "But maybe you've noticed how hopeless those ponies out there are."

He glances past me, through the small window that lead back into the previous cart. He could notice the ponies beginning to recover and fix themselves. He shakes his head with a scoff, planting a hand on his forehead. "I don't even know what these 'ponies' are or where the hell WE are-"

I tighten my grip on his shoulder, giving it a firm shake to recorrect his attention. I make sure we share eyecontact as I continue. My other hand fires behind me, pointing my index finger right at the door. "We are the only thing standing between life and death for those creatures. They would not have made it this far if it werent for me."

My hand slowly drops back to my side, as does my glance as my tone softens. "They've gone through so much in such a little amount of time, I'm sure that they're going to crack at the next possible inconvenience. And…" My eyes shut again, this time I remove my hand from his torso and plant it on my hip. "Fucking hell man, I've been so accustomed to living on my own that I don't even think I can handle this shit much longer."

Luke doesn't speak, only lending his ear as he listens.

"The truth is," I continue. "they need someone to get them through this shitstorm and I'm not sure I'm the best fit for the job."

Luke seizes the opportunity to speak after my pause. "So you think I am?"

I hiss out a scoff through my teeth. "I'm not sure either of us are qualified." I turn my gaze back up at him. "But we are their only option. So I am truthfully sorry that you got dragged into this, but you're going to have to help me get these ponies to the Crystal Empire." A tiny smile cracks in my emotions. "Consider it paying me back for not killing you on the road when I found you."

He returns is own smirk, moving his arms from his hips to being crossed on his chest. "I guess that's not a bad trade." His smile falters. "I don't know what you expect out of me to help. All I can do is keep 'em safe from walkers, and that's about it."

"Well that's about ninety percent of the job, so if you can do that then that's already plenty of help."

We both exchange glances, satisfied with our interaction. Our smiles return, and our body language relaxes.

Luke's hand reaches behind his neck as he speaks up. "Look, I'm really sorry about Dylan and what happened at the farm. I really didn't know much about him at all, and I just barely met him-"

I cut him off with a wave from my hand. "Don't worry about it. We're gonna to find them soon."

He nods in acknowledgment. "Good. I've got some things I'd like to say to him."

A pure laugh spouts from my lips. "Well you better hope you get to him before me, because there won't be anything else coming out of his mouth but blood after I'm done with him."

Luke shares his own laughter with mine, soaking in the 15 seconds of calm, enjoyable content before it leaves again. Luke's smile doesn't fade as he speaks to me once more, whilst holding out a hand. "Are we, alright…?"

I only hesitate for a second, my old gut telling me no. But without much of a choice, I listen to my heart instead.

"Yeah, we're good."

Author's Note:

This chapter goes out to anyone whose stuck around after 3 years of no content! I've apologized enough in the past that there's not much of a point in me promising more chapters in the future. However, i can promise enough that i do truthfully want to see this book through to it's end, as I have many plans for the rest of the characters. Im sorry I'm an unreliable author but this just goes to show that I probably wont ever become an actual writer. :twilightsheepish: Hope to have some updates again soon!