• Published 30th Jul 2014
  • 3,017 Views, 96 Comments

Thief - conTROLLER234



I am one of many survivors in the zombie apocalypse, though I am very different from all of them. I used to say that before what happened, where I went, somewhere I never meant to go to.

  • ...
25
 96
 3,017

Chapter 4 The Capture

Thief

Chapter 4

The Capture

Twilight begin to leave the room, though stops to turn around as she notices me not following her. “Well, are you coming?” She waited, and I slowly shake my head after a few seconds. She nods and leaves the room slowly, still looking back at me before leaving the room. “Ok, well don’t go anywhere. I’ll be right back.” The door closes with a soft click and I hear her hoofsteps fade away.

The moment it’s quiet, I get up and sneak over to my backpack to get my stuff back. I don’t know why she’s so stupid to leave all of my equipment in the same room as me, though I’m not complaining. I grab everything and put the weapons and other things back in it’s home on my body, and of course put my mask back on. I go back over to the table and sit down, and the quietness makes my mind slowly think about what’s going on around me right now.

I mean, talking ponies? Pegasi? Unicorns?! And even Twilight was both! My thought’s are interrupted by the door opening again, though I don’t look up at them as they walk in. I hear Twilight gasp slightly as she sees that I have all of my equipment back, and she finishes with a quiet grunt. The ponies all gather in front of me, though I continue to keep my eyes away from theirs by looking at the floor.

“Ok. So this is Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie pie, Rainbow dash, Fluttershy, and you already know, me Twilight Sparkle. So what’s you name?” Twilight tells, though I keep silent. The silence makes some of the ponies back away, though Rainbow dash doesn’t, though she doesn’t say anything either from me almost killing her a while ago. I let out a sigh, knowing this was the beginning of the questioning.

“John…” I mumble, still staring at the ground. thankfully Twilight heard it, and so did the rest of the ponies, because I wasn’t in the mood to repeat myself. Twilight nods and smiles, though the ponies remain silent.

“Good!” Twilight pulled out a notebook and began writing in it. “Now, what species are you?” Twilight continued to school me. I really don’t know her reason for having the rest of the ponies in here, it was making it a lot harder for me to say things than it has to be.

“Human…” I say quietly again, and Twilight leans in to hear better, though I just scoot away from her. Twilight acknowledges my movement, though lets out a sigh as she continues.

“Hmm, human…” Twilight thought. “No, I’ve never heard of such a species. Princess Celestia’s going to be so happy to know I found something this new!” Twilight had a bit of a entertained outburst. She blushed as we all stare at her, and cleared her throat to continue. Wait, Princess Celest?- What the hell… “Alright, next question…”

The questioning went on for the rest of the day, and the rest of the ponies went home to get some sleep, though Twilight wouldn’t stop, so I finally had to tell her to. “Twilight, I’m tired, so can we continue tomorrow?” I ask, not really caring what the answer was, I was going to get some sleep either way. Twilight sighed and stared at the clock, then yawned. My body goes to do the same, though I fight it back.

“Ok, I guess you’re right…” She stretched then looked at me with pleading eyes. “Um, so, is it ok if I can, put the locks back on you until morning?” She asked with a sheepish smile, and under my mask I give her an irritated frown back.

“No.” I say in a deadly tone, and she swallows hard then moves forward a bit.

“Please, if I can just-”

“I said no.” I say again, moving backwards. She moved towards me again, a bit angry.

“I don’t want you running away! So just sit still so I can-” She used her magic to go and put my arms and legs into place, though I quickly pull out my knife and give a quick swipe at her shoulder, making her yelp in pain and fall to the ground. I look back at the wall and confirm that I have everything. I suddenly hear running come down the stairs and Spike’s voice yelling:

“Twilight!” I quickly move behind the door as the dragon runs inside to tend to the hurt pony. Twilight goes to point to me, and I quickly run outside the room, shut the door and lock it. Spike pounds on the door, and I don’t look back as I sprint out of the house and back to my old camp in the forest.

When I finally make it there, I see that everything has been ripped apart. I walk up to it and search for anything that I could still scavenge. There was nothing. Anything that wasn’t food was either ripped to shreds or gone. And of course all of the food was gone. Knowing once Twilight and Spike get out and tell the rest of the ponies, they’ll be back on my ass and look here first, so I knew that I had to move somewhere different.

Leaving the debris, I search my way through the forest, looking for any other place I could sleep. After walking for a while longer, I feel sleep slowly begin to overcome my body. I find another small clearing where I could rest for the night. I go to run up a tree to sleep, when I suddenly hear growling come from behind me. I quietly slide out my knife as I hear the growling get closer. As I hear the creature pounce, I quickly side roll out of the way, making the creature bash head first into the tree.

When I get up to look at the creature, I stop both breathing and moving when I see the sight before me. It was some kind of, large wolf, but made out of wood. I quickly shake my mind clear of thought. I’ll have time to think about this when I’m done with this thing. I quickly lunge at it and begin to stab it rapidly in it’s sides, though it doesn’t do anything. It swipes a claw at me, slicing my arm. Luckily it wasn’t my attacking arm, but it still hurt like hell. Looking at this creature for a second made me realize that it was almost magically held together by something. It obviously didn’t have any blood, so bleeding it out wasn’t an option. I quickly jump out of the way again as it lunges at me a second time. Knowing the body wasn’t a choice to attack, the eyes were my next thought.

Gripping the knife tightly in my hand, I watch the wooden creature as it circles me, waiting to attack. The second it launches at me, I quickly duck under it. It stops as it realizes I wasn’t there, and I quickly jump on it’s back and launch my knife into both of it’s eyes. It throws me off as it yelps in pain and attacks, blindlessly. It suddenly begins to run in a direction and comes into contact with a tree, separating every single piece of wood from it, making it explode. I cover my face as the wood flies all over the area, and slowly pull my arm away when it’s safe.

First of all, I think in my head ‘What the hell was that’, though I couldn’t examine the creature as it’s body was now scattered all over the place. I look at my knife, and it was covered in some kind of yellow, glowing goo. I make a face of disgust and wipe my knife on the grass, then slide it back into it’s sheathe. Letting out another yawn, which is cut short by me flinching in pain from my arm, which was now bleeding all over my hand and shoulder. Damn, I could really use that medical equipment right about now…

Instead of running up the tree, because it would make too much pressure on my arm, I slowly and painfully climb up the tree, then fall into a deep sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Twilight sat on her couch with Fluttershy who was tending to her wound, as the rest of her friends waited with her for a message back from Celestia. As soon as Twilight and Spike escaped from the basement, Twilight sent a message to Princess Celestia about what happened, then called her friends over.

Suddenly, a sound comes from Spike as he belches out a scroll, which Twilight immediately levitates to read before Spike can even grab it.

Dear, Twilight Sparkle.

Thank you for telling me about what has happened, though I am slightly disappointed that you didn’t give me notice when you first found him. As I now know he can be dangerous, I will be sending down some guards to defend you girls, and I will be joining you with them shortly. Afterwards, we will be going to search for John to keep him from hurting anypony.

Princess Celestia

Twilight looked up at all her friends, who had been listening in on what she was reading aloud. “Well, I guess we should get ready for the search.” Twilight sighed, and the rest of the ponies went to leave, though Twilight stopped Fluttershy. “And Fluttershy, I know you may want to stay home, but we may need you for this. If John tries to hurt anypony, we might need you to use your stare on him, Okay?” Fluttershy sighed and swallowed hard.

“Okay.” she whispered as she left for home.

When everypony got back, the Princess had arrived too with many guards with her, all armed with weapons and armour. As Celestia entered the room, everypony bowed, though Celestia told them all to rise as she walked up to Twilight, and they both smiled at each other.

“Hello Twilight Sparkle.” Celestia smirked down at Twilight, and she returned it while looking up as they hugged slightly.

“Hello Princess.”

“Thank you for telling me about what had happened. I hope we can get him back before he causes anymore trouble.” Celestia sighed. “Speaking of which, we should be leaving to search for him. We don’t want it to be dark while we are in the forest.” Celestia nodded to the guards, who then left the library to get ready. Twilight sighed, one side of her mind saying that Celestia didn’t know what she was getting herself into. Or Twilight either for that matter.

The other girls walked up beside Twilight, all ready for the hunt. Twilight turned and nodded to her friends, who then followed Celestia, Twilight, and the guards into the forest. Twilight did the directing to where they had last found John, though when they got there, everything was wrecked.

Twilight gasped and so did a few other ponies behind her. Celestia ordered some of her guards to look for a corpse, and Twilight bit her lip as they didn’t find one, or any blood either. Though one of the guards told Celestia that he saw tracks of some sort, and after Twilight identifying the print she recognised it to be the shape of John’s shoe.

The guards led the six friends and the Princess, literally circling them and protecting them from all sides, continued their way through the forest. After a few moments of silence, suddenly, one of the guards fell to the ground from in front of the group. After another guard going over to check on their fallen comrade, he also gets the same fate as the other, this time with a visible arrow sticking out of the side of his head where the armour wasn’t.

“Princess, we have to move faster!” One of the other guards ordered, thankfully not getting killed. Celestia nodded and Fluttershy squeaked as they began moving forward. After galloping for a few moments, they came to an opening. The guards around them were slowly getting picked off one by one, and Celestia backed up and covered the girls with her wings.

“Behind me, girls!” Celestia defended as only a few guards were left.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I frown slightly for two things. One is because I’m not used to taking out that many people, or ponies… And two, they were just too easy to take out. So I thought I’d save some for last for some fun, and to scare the hell out of these ponies, again, as I left 4 guards for last.

Putting my bow away, I take out my hatchet and hop down in front of the guards and ponies. The tallest, white pony sees me first, and points at me. “Guards! Seize him!” And with that, all of the guards charge towards me with their spears and swords raised. I laugh, spinning the hatchet once in my hand. These guards are hilarious. They don’t even think before trying something. For example. I took out about 10 guards by myself with just my bow, and they never even saw me.

One of the guards comes close, and with a quick and easy dodge, I twist around and kick him to the ground. Another charges closer to attack, and with a long charge I swing my hatchet up under his chin, letting out a loud crack and getting my hatchet stuck in his jaw. I hear one of the ponies squeal from the crowd of ponies, though I keep my attention on killing these worthless guards.

The third to last guard swipes his sword at me, and I move out of the way then grab his hoof and kick it hard with my foot, earning a satisfying crack coming from his hoof. He lets out a wail as I grab his sword and shove it into his head as far as it will go from under his chin, and he collapses to the floor.

The last guard that I had kicked to the floor earlier galloped up behind me and went to attack, his spear out to pierce my torso. I quickly 180 around and snap the spear handle, then move behind him and put him in a headlock. And I’ll be serious, this pony is REALLY strong. So before he could get away, I forcefully grab his opposite shoulder, making my hand go across his chest. And my other hand on his chin, then quickly pull the opposite way of where they were placed, making a dramatic crack come from his now snapped neck as he falls to the ground in defeat.

All of the ponies stare at me in shock and complete terror, as we all stand in a clearing of dead bodies. I suddenly turn to a guard, who had gotten up with his sword as he had an arrow sticking out of his leg. I pull out my knife and begin to walk towards him slowly.

“Fluttershy, you have to do it, now!” Twilight whispered to Fluttershy, who both had tears flowing down their cheeks.

“I...I-I can’t! I just…” Fluttershy stopped to bawl some more quietly. Twilight gently grabbed Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy, please. We don’t need anypony else to die.”

“What if… What if it d-doesn’t w-work? And he tries to hurt me?”

“Fluttershy, I promise I will never, ever, let him lay a hoof on you. Okay?” Twilight stared into Fluttershy’s, watery eyes. She let out a shaky sigh, then slowly nodded. “Thank you Fluttershy.”

When they looked back up John was just about to kill the poor, last standing guard, and Fluttershy immediately stepped in front of everypony.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I make my move and go to lunge at the shaking, just-asking-for-it guard, when I saw something in my peripheral. I look at it, or her, and immediately regret it. My mouth hangs open slightly as every muscle in my body is only just keeping me standing, as my eyes stare into hers. I don’t know what it is, or why I can’t look away, but everything else seemed to fade around me and all I could see were those wide, looking-into-my-soul eyes. My muscles stop as my mind shuts down enough and I drop my knife and fall to the ground, not even able to close my eyes to stop the stare. The finally, and actually thankfully, I get the same feeling of unconsciousness wash over my body as those eyes were the last thing I see before everything turned black again.