• Published 30th Jul 2014
  • 3,026 Views, 96 Comments

Thief - conTROLLER234



I am one of many survivors in the zombie apocalypse, though I am very different from all of them. I used to say that before what happened, where I went, somewhere I never meant to go to.

  • ...
25
 96
 3,026

Chapter 13 Two Down

Thief

Chapter 13

Two Down

I walked out of the house towards her, and no matter how close I got she didn’t even flinch. It started to worry me a bit, so I kept my hand close to my knife as I walked up to her.

“Hey, Pink horse. I don’t know why you’re out here but we’re going back to the farm before we attract too much attention.”

“What’s the point.. No pony knows how long this is going to last, and more ponies are dying..” She spoke in a quiet, depressed tone.

“..I know. There’s no point in thinking about this, let’s just go back.”

“....okay..”

Walked back to the farm in complete silence. It didn’t matter much to me, as long as it was simple to find her and get her back. When we returned to the farm, ponies were seen at work on the fence. Though they immediately stopped when they saw Pinkie and ran over. Joy filling their eyes.

“Pinkie!!” They all yelled out as they ran to group hug her. Though Pinkie didn’t hug back, in fact she didn’t even blink or move a muscle. She just stopped where they ground hugged her. And they others became concerned and pulled away.

“Pinks, are you okay?” Dash asked, waving a hoof in front of Pinkie’s face.

“Her mane is straight, that’s never a good sign..” Rarity sighed.

“What did y’all do to ‘er?!” AppleJack accused, stomping her hoof on the ground.

“Why the hell is this my fault?! I found her and now you’re pointing fingers?!” I yelled back.

“I, believe it would be hoo-”

“I don’t give a fuck!” I cut off Rarity angrily, glaring at the two.

“Stop it! Both of you! You’re scaring everypony!” Fluttershy sliced in, silencing the two of us. I turn away in irritation and disgust.

“Jesus Christ..” I mumbled, walking away into the barn and closing it behind me.

The group of ponies were quiet after the sudden event.

“..That, escalated quickly..” Twilight looked down.

“It’s his fault for this! For all of this! He’s doomed us all and he’s makin’ it worse!” AppleJack continued. “And ah ain’t gonna stand around tuh watch it!-...”

AppleJack stopped suddenly as she caught somepony’s gaze in her peripheral, and made the same mistake John did of looking at it. Her eyes widened and she mumbled the rest of her sentence as Fluttershy stared into AppleJacks soul, silencing her.

Everypony stared in awe and slight fear. Fluttershy hadn’t done the Stare unless it was completely necessary; especially against one of her best friends. When Fluttershy finally stopped, she showed little to no remorse.

“...Stop, blaming John for this. This is no pony’s fault.” She spoke sternly but softly at the same time.

“...O-Okay..Ah’m sorry..” AJ cowered, looking down and hanging her head low.

Twilight sighed and stepped up. “Girls Fluttershy is right. But right now the last thing we need is arguing, especially between us. We have to concentrate on staying together and keeping each other safe. John is helping, and not helping at the same time. He’s starting to change us bit by bit, and we have to remember that we are trying to change him. Not the other way around.”

Everyone paused, before nodding in agreement.

“...I believe that you owe John an apology, AppleJack.” Rarity spoke flatly, frowning slightly. AJ sighed in reply.

“Yer right. Ah just hope he ain’t too mad.”

“Yeah, doubt that.” Dash shook her head.

“I would give him a moment to relax before talking to him, AppleJack.” Twilight suggested, noticing Fluttershy sneaking away to find John. She sighed eternally and closed her eyes. “This is still a lot to get used to.”

- - - - -

Fluttershy slowly creaked open the barn door, to find John leaning up against the far wall on the floor. Though he was hard to see in the darkness. Before she could even open her mouth, John didn’t even look up to speak.

“Fuck off.” He growled bluntly, causing Fluttershy to jerk back.

“...s-sorry..” She was immediately about to turn tail and run, until John looked up and caught her just before she left.

“W-Wait, Fluttershy… You can come in.” Fluttershy swallowed hard and slowly turned around, walking back inside. When she walked closer to him, she could see some strange objects in his ears with strings attached to them. She tilted her head slightly to the side, and leaned forward to examine them. “What are those?”

John looked up at her a few seconds after she had asked, almost like he didn’t hear her. He pulled out one of the strange buds, and she could swear she faintly heard some music playing.

“What is it?” He asked calmly, and sat up taller against the wall as Fluttershy moved closer.

“What are those things in your ears?” She pointed to the one in his hand, and he looked down at the one he was holding.

“They’re called earbuds, or headphones. They play music.” He replied quietly.

“What? How can you fit music into that tiny thing?” She questioned, and John looked up at her to see if she was serious. And she was asking a legitimate question.

“Well,” He pulled something out of his pocket. It was white with a small glowing screen, and some buttons on the bottom. “This is where the music is stored. It’s the kind of technology my world had. And don’t bother telling Twilight because if she comes in here asking me about it I’ll just ignore her.” He paused the music, and the conversation continued.

Fluttershy giggled at the thought of Twilight getting all excited about such a small thing, but he was right. “Don’t worry, I won’t.” She sat down beside him, then her smile quickly faded as other things crossed her mind.

John glanced over at her, and let out a noticeable sigh before asking: “What’s wrong?”

“I’m just really worried about Pinkie. She doesn’t usually get like this often, and when she does it’s never good.” She pawed at the ground.

John looked away from her and to the door. “Well, I don’t blame her for being depressed. Everyone was when this all came down. Lot’s of lives were lost, families and friends were gone..” Fluttershy looked up at him. He shrugged. “But we just have to learn to deal with it. Because really there’s not much we can do except struggle to survive another day.”

Fluttershy looked away. “I don’t want you to be sorry at all for acting the way you do towards us. I can’t imagine what you’ve gone through, so don’t feel the need-”

“Oh, I don’t feel bad for the way I act towards some of you.” John cut her off, surprising her slightly. “Some of these ponies just need to get their minds out of where it used to be before this happened, and realize what’s happening. That’s how so many people died. They were in denial, depression, and mostly just confused. If I got dragged into this with you guys, then I’m not going to let you die.” John looked down at Fluttershy. “But if I ever get mad at you for no reason, Fluttershy, then I will feel bad.”

Fluttershy’s head tilted slightly. “..Why’s that?”

John sighed heavily before speaking. “Because you get it. We both know and saw what happened to your home, your friends. Although you would seem to be the one to curl up and call for mommy, you’re not. On the inside you’re strong, you don’t fuck around.” He sprouted a small grin. “You’re the kind of person we need more of.”

Fluttershy blushed and turned away to hide it, her mane falling in front of her face. “....w-wow..n-nopony has ever said something like that about me before.”

There was a brief pause that seemed to linger on for a short eternity, until John was finally about to change the subject.

“Anyways, we should…” Fluttershy looked at John with a face of confusement as he stopped mid sentence.

“What’s wrong?” She concerned.

John held up a finger to her face, telling her to be quiet as he listened, and she complied, besides still being confused. After a few moments John got up.

“I hear them talking outside, and it doesn’t sound good.”

Fluttershy also stood, and just now overheard her friends outside. It had gotten louder obviously, as she hadn’t even taken notice before. And to conversation out there didn’t seem friendly.

“Stay here, I’ll be right back.” He walked to the door, and outside.

- - - - -

“Pinkie, just take a deep breath and relax. It’s been a long day and you just need some rest, okay?” Twilight calmed. I walked out to what seemed to be a half-circle around Pinkie Pie. I nearly jumped back when I saw what she looked like.

Her eyes were completely bloodshot, and I could almost see every vein in her body popping out of her skin, and her blood looked purple. Her mane and coat was frizzled and dirty, and that’s when I noticed a large blood stain on the inside of her left hind leg, just on the inside of her flank. And it was still oozing down her leg. There were tear stains on her cheeks as fresh ones streamed down her face.

“I-I am c-calm!! E-Everyp-pony just go on with their d-day!-” She hacked and gaged, and a puddle of blood burst out from her mouth.

“T-Twilight, what do we do?!” Dash asked, panicked along with the rest.

“I-I don’t know!” She replied, and was suddenly pushed aside as I walked through. Not rushed, but actually slowly and carefully. I moved toward Pinkie, crouched lower to the ground.

“Pinkie, I need you to stand still for me, okay? Everything is going to be fine..” I spoke in a hushed voice. The others stared at me, confused and concerned.

“..J-John, what are you doing?” Rarity questioned, but didn’t move.

AppleJack was just about to ask the same thing, but gasped when she saw something reflect off my back. She looked closer and saw that I was holding my knife behind my back, tight in my grasp and ready to attack. “Oh no you don’t!!”

I didn’t have enough time to jump away as I was tacked from the side by AppleJack to the ground, my knife flying out of my hand and landing in front of Pinkie. Pinkie looked down at the knife and began to sob more, turning and galloping away.

“NO no no no! I-I d-don’t wanna die!!”

“P-Pinkie!” The voice of the small, purple and green dragon was heard as he ran after the bitten pink pony.

John reached out for his knife, seeing the two running away. “D-Don’t follow her you idiot! She’s bitten!!”

“Ah’m not lettin’ you hurt one of mah friends!!”

“SHE’S NOT YOUR FRIEND ANYMORE!!!” I yelled as I turned around on the ground and punched AJ right in the nose. She flinched and let go, and I kicked her off. Immediately after doing so, I got up, picked up my knife, and ran after the two. But before I got to them on the ground, it was already too late.

I spared myself the image and immediately killed them both. And cheerful, pink, partying, laughing box, and a baby dragon. Both down the drain. I clenched my fist in anger and grabbed the two by the scruff of their neck, one in each hand, and walked back to the group.

AppleJack had a bloody face from the punch, and was being helped up as I tossed the two lifeless, ripped-up corpses in front of her. I crouched down to her level and pointed at the bodies.

“You really don’t get it do you? You can’t be reckless nowadays because it leads to this! Is this what you want to happen to your friends AppleJack?! Because this is what happens when you don’t fucking think before you do!!”

She looked up at me, teary-eyed, and wiped her nose.

“...G-Get off mah property...And don’t, come back.” She spoke angrily.

It took me a moment before I got up, silently, and turned to walk away.

“Good luck you girls.” I walked away, emotionless.

“You’ll need it.”

Author's Note:

Merry Christmas Everypony!
Sorry for any Pinkie Pie lovers here, but it was due for some point. Everpony will have their turn.

F&F Coming next