• Published 30th Jul 2014
  • 3,014 Views, 96 Comments

Thief - conTROLLER234



I am one of many survivors in the zombie apocalypse, though I am very different from all of them. I used to say that before what happened, where I went, somewhere I never meant to go to.

  • ...
25
 96
 3,014

Chapter 7 Everypony For Themselves

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I'm back! I'm sure sorry has been getting old hearing it from me all the time but I really am. It took me a while but I knew you guys were waiting for something. Hopefully next chapter will be Family and Friends, so stay tuned!

Thief

Chapter 7

Everypony For Themselves

“What do ya mean, we’re leavin?!” Applejack stepped forward. Rarity went to say something too, but looked out the window instead and screamed.

“WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON?!?!”

I ignored their panicking as I rushed upstairs towards the balcony. Bursting through the door, I quickly started looking around the town. I heard Twilight and the other ponies rush up behind me. “What are you doing?!”

“Looking for a place to hide.” I say in a completely calm tone, as I suddenly spot something in the distance and point at it. “That barn in the distance is our best choice.”

“That’s mah barn! And there’s no way I’m trustin’ you to go there!” Applejack raged, adrenaline rushing through her veins.

“We don’t have a choice. But if it’s yours that means that you know the quickest way there.” I turn around, not facing any of them, but in my peripheral I can see that all of them are panicking. Even the Princesses were a bit uneasy and worried.

I rush to the kitchen first and zip open my small, one-strapped backpack and open the fridge and start grabbing some food and loading it into my backpack. “What are you doing?! Stop raiding my fridge!”

“I’d think about packing up and getting the rest of your stuff too if I were you. We’ll be at that farm for a long time.” After I finish with the fridge, I spot a knife block and grab all of them, holding them out to the ponies. “Each of you, take one.”

“This is gettin’ ridiculous. Why do we need those-”

“Because if you want to live you’ll do as I fucking say!” I finally vent out to them, causing them all to take a step back. I drop the knives to the floor, leaving them there if they wanted them. I look around the rest of the kitchen for anything else that was useful. Realizing that i had raided the most important things, I turn back to the ponies, and drop my head with a sigh.

All the ponies who weren’t unicorns had the knives in their mouths. “Okay, this isn’t going to work. Anyone who can’t levitate the knife drop it.” I watch as about 3 quarters of the ponies drop their weapons in confusion, and fear from my sudden outburst.

"Alright, whoever has a weapon is going to protect the ones that don't. But besides that we're just gonna have to run for it. Once we get out of town there won't be as many." I walk towards the door.

"As many what?!?" Rarity cried, still looking for an answer to what was going on.

"Wee! This sounds like fun!" Pinkie smiles as she bounced over to my side.

I don't turn to her, but take out my hatchet. "Let's go" I sigh as I kick open the door.

I turn around, and I thought Rarity was scared. If it wasn't for Fluttershy's big, pink tail I wouldn't see her hiding behind Twilight. Forget it, I didn't have time to calm her, this was going to get harder if we waited for all the bait outside to turn. Thankfully, Twilight turned to Fluttershy to calm her herself, well. Tried to anyways.

Everyone ran outside, seeing the gory scene before them.

"P..PRINCESSES..H-HELLLPPP" A pony was getting mauled by a pack of walkers, barely able to finish her sentence from the blood crawling up her throat and out her mouth. I didn't turn around to see the others' reaction, but I heard one of them.

" N-No, we must save them!" I heard the terror in Princess Luna's voice as she went to hurry over to the suffering pony, before I quickly stop her.

"We can't save them, we need to go while we are still alive!" I continue running towards the barn, the ponies stumbling behind me and crying their eyes out.

I hear Fluttershy's quiet voice speak to Twilight as she cries more than anyone else. "Twilight, I need to save my animals!" And with that she ran off from the group.

"What is she doing?!" I sigh and grip my weapon in my hand. Then turn to the group. "Keep running to the barn, and don't stop for anything." And with that I run after Fluttershy, hoping the ponies did as I say.

Even though I've had years of running, I almost found it impossible to catch up to this pony. Maybe because she was a horse with wings. But I had to catch her.

"Fluttershy stop!!" I don't know if she didn't hear me or just ignored me. Thankfully she finally stopped at a small cottage by a river, running inside the second she got to her door.

My thoughts of: This won't end well were interrupted by a scream emitting from inside the cottage. Taking that as my cue I run inside with my hatchet in hand, and what I saw was horrifying, even to me.

One of my weaknesses when it came to the infection was animals, I almost couldn't stand to see it happen to them. What was going on inside was worse than I had ever thought. The easiest way to describe it? Blood. And I mean lots of it, everywhere.

"ANGELL!!!" I hear Fluttershy cry out, snapping me out of my thoughts. I go to grab her and get the hell out of there, when suddenly a small, white bunny hopped out towards Fluttershy, and they both started hugging.

"Fluttershy, we need to leave, now!" I order and turn around to leave, when suddenly, a large, bloody-clawed bear emerges in the doorway, letting out a crushing roar.

Quickly looking around I spot an open window and point at it. "Get out through there!"

"W-What about you?-"

"I SAID GET OUT!!" I screamed at her, causing the bear to roar again. Thankfully, Fluttershy squeaked and flew out the window in a panic, leaving me with this monstrous, killing machine.

I turn back to the bear, just in time to dodge his flailing claw. Thinking quickly, I swing my hatchet at the wrist of his claw with all my might, chopping it right off.

Expecting a roar after that, I remember this thing is dead, it feels no pain. It swings its other claw at me, this time almost slashing my face. In order to dodge it I jump backwards, into a bookshelf, which I then hear begin to creak and tip.

Quickly rolling out of the way, the bookshelf tips down and slams down on top of the bear, not allowing it to move. I pull out my knife and stab it in the head, silencing it forever. All that was left it sound was my panting from adrenaline, and dripping of blood.

Slowly standing up, I wash my weapons of blood somewhere on the carpet that didn't look soaked with gore. And after that, walking back out of the cottage and seeing the farm in the distance with a sigh.

"Better make sure they all got there safely..." And with that I begin walking towards it.

- - - - -

Fluttershy ran. Faster than she ever had before, screaming and dashing faster with every dead pony she saw, either trying to attack her or not. She’d had it. What had happened in the town was enough, and seeing her animals in the state made her want to curl up and cry, not talking to anypony. Even though the last thing she wanted to do was let someone tell her what to do, she did what John had told her. She didn’t know what else to do and felt helpless, and even the picture of that bear ripping John apart made her wheeze, attempting to force out more tears. Looking down, she saw Angel hugging her coat in one of her lifted hooves. She had never seen Angel like this before, never. Looking up she noticed her leave the town and onto Sweet Apple Acres’ orchard. Knowing that, she took off and flew towards it using the last of her energy.

When she finally made it to the barn she panted until she caught her breath, barely hearing the voices of her friends inside. She knocked lightly on the door, and the voices stopped. “Who’s there?!”

She backed down and squeaked quietly, about to walk away. “Wait, its Fluttershy. Open the door AJ!”

The door opened to reveal the terrified, group of ponies, all huddled together. It had looked like most of them had gathered up whoever they could. Some family and some random survivors from the town. She walked in slowly, her head hanging low. She noticed as Twilight’s head rose, holding Spike and Owlicious in her hooves. “..W-Where’s John?”

Fluttershy hung her head lower, somehow managing to cry some more. The second she did everypony in the barn gasped quietly, their eyes wide. “No...You mean, h-he’s..?” Twilight tensed, her lips trembling slightly.

“He…” Fluttershy gulped. “T-There was a bear, out of control. He started fighting it, he told me to get out...I-I dont know what happened.”

AJ looked down and sighed, a bit shaky. “At least he had got some heart to keep y’all safe.”



“Jesus you guys you have no faith do you?”



Everyone turned to the open window on the side of the barn, high off the ground. Sitting on the window sill with his feet dangling over the edge. “It’s nice to know you care though.”

- - - - -

I jump down from the sill, hoping it to be a slightly dramatic entrance, but my expression completely changed as Fluttershy flew up to me, and…

Hugged me.


All of the other ponies gasped, ready for me to do something drastic. Thankfully I had my mask on, because if they saw my face I can guarantee it would not be threatening whatsoever. In fact I can’t remember the last time I’ve felt like this before. Warmness, happiness. And dare I say it...Lov-

...What the hell? Get ahold of yourself! What happened to the crazy killer that you are? That person everyone feared, that person who always kept you alive and happy!

But, to really think about how I’ve lived all these years. I have never lived, I’ve survived. And this is my chance to finally get a life back, to thrive. To have friends, maybe even family.

All the negative thoughts that had been permanently burned into my mind had somehow disappeared, washed away. And before I knew it, I had collapsed down to hug Fluttershy back, as tightly as I could.

I forgot everything and everyone around me, all I focused on was the small, yellow pony in my arms. The feeling of warmth and care caused my memory to open an old file, of my real family. Before this all happened. I don’t know if I really opened my eyes in real life, but in my mind I did. And what was before me- no, who was before me caused my heart to skip a beat. It was her, my mother.

I gasped internally, immediately wanting to reach out to her, but when I did I saw my arms in front of me. They were small, and so were my hands. I looked down at them to examine them. They were small, and as I remembered they were the normal size as when I was a child. When I went to look back up, she was gone. And everything began to fade away.

I didn't try to stop it. I knew what was happening. That it was just some kind of image, or memory. It wasn’t real, it couldn’t be.

I tried to comprehend what the hell had just happened, but everything was interrupted by a deadly, familiar sound.

The barn walls began creaking, muffled moans on the other side seeped through and terrified everyone inside, except for me of course.

And not out of: “Trying to be the fearless hero” shit. But anger. Now realizing what these ponies had tried to do ever since they found me was trying to help me, and now these things had followed me here and threatened all of them. I knew that this was my chance to get what I had before, the opposite of what is happening. I used to be alone, emotionless and fearless. But now, I will never have to be alone again.


And I wouldn't let anything change that.