• Published 30th Apr 2014
  • 13,933 Views, 358 Comments

Never The Final Word (Vol. 1) - horizon



An open anthology of brief continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
11
 358
 13,933

PreviousChapters Next
Shaggy Dog Story (Skywriter's "Shipping Sickness")

Author's Note:

[Comedy] [I Am Not Even Sorry]

This chapter is a continuation of Skywriter's Shipping Sickness (2286 words, [Romance] [Comedy] [Random]).

SHIPPING SICKNESS SPOILERS: Twilight abuses a Come-To-Life spell in order to play out romantic relationships between her furniture. The story is one long excuse for glorious-slash-horrible puns like "Shining Armoire" and "Mi Amore Credenza" (you can tell how consummate the punnery is, because it's been a year since I read the story and I still remember those).

The two princesses walked in. Or, at least, a radiant white princess and some giant rust-red ball of fur wearing Luna's crown. Here it was: the lecture.

"Celestia! I'm so sorry," Twilight cringed. "And ... er ..." She stared at the four-legged dust trap. "What is that, I don't even."

A canine muzzle peeked through the layers of thick fur. "We are not amused, Twilight Sparkle."

Celestia's helpful attempt to look stern wasn't even in the same room as sincere.

"Alright ... perhaps with the benefit of hindsight we shall find this amusing," Luna allowed.

"But you still ought to be more careful," Celestia added, finally managing a mild maternalism.

"Or at least target her next time," Luna muttered under her breath.

"Wait, what do you mean? Did I do that?" Twilight cast frantically through her memory. There were the wards, and the Bring-To-Life spells ... but to turn Luna into some sort of ... wolf-thing ...?

Celestia coughed and discreetly hornpointed at the lush, imported sofa Twilight had animated the previous night. There, draped over the arm, was the Easily Forgettable Pun-Based Magical Feedback Device that Celestia had predictably forgotten after her visit last week.[1]

[1] Only eight bits! Available now from MacGuffin industries.

"Oh." Twilight gave the princesses her best sheepish look. That explained it.

Wait. No it didn't. "Er ... I don't get it. Why is Luna a shaggy dog?"

Luna sighed and shook her head, then removed the feedback device from the Irish settee.

PreviousChapters Next