• Published 30th Apr 2014
  • 13,935 Views, 358 Comments

Never The Final Word (Vol. 1) - horizon



An open anthology of brief continuations of other authors' stories.

  • ...
11
 358
 13,935

PreviousChapters Next
Splinter Cell (FanOfMostEverything's "Aftershock")

Author's Note:

[Comedy]

This chapter is a continuation of FanOfMostEverything's Aftershock (1809 words, [Human] [Crossover] [Slice of Life]). NOTE: That story and the spoilertext below contain "Rainbow Rocks" spoilers.

AFTERSHOCK SPOILERS: Twilight takes Equestria's Rainbow Dash through the portal to the Equestria Girls universe to meet her human counterpart. Pony!Dash punches Human!Dash in the face and lectures her on how her grandstanding in the group's rock band threatened two worlds by going against the spirit of Loyalty. The story below is based on a throwaway line about the spell-check capabilities of a smartphone Twilight received as a gift in the human world.

"Twilight?"

"Yes?"

"Don't be mad."

"… What did you do, Rainbow?"

"You know how you told me not to use that cellulose phone to spell-check my Daring Do fanfic?"

"(Sigh.) I'd been wondering where it went. You did, didn't you?"

"Yyyyyyyeah."

"Look, I understand how addictive the other world's technology can be, but we really need to keep all of its artifacts secret. Just give it back before anything happens to it, and we can pretend this never happened."

"I, uh … kinda can't."

"Dash, what do you me—AAAAAAAAH! What HAPPENED to this?!"

"I, uh … kinda might have gotten mad and thrown it."

"At what, a running wood chipper?"

"No. Off the edge of Cloudsdale."

"For the love of Sun, why?"

"Did you SEE what it did to my story?! Listen to this! 'Darling Do top-hoods through the mushy horrid ores of the subtle raining Templar, hooding her breach as she snakes past the zebra can wart ions.' It's word salad!"

"… Dash, let me introduce you to a little concept called 'autocorrect' …"

PreviousChapters Next