• Published 25th Feb 2014
  • 4,945 Views, 37 Comments

The Tale of Oreo Mist - Rainbow Reshiram



Reshiram's dream message becomes reality when she finds an Alicorn filly in the Everfree Forest. An evil group from Reshiram and Zekrom's world plan to do something with this filly. What kind of evil scheme are they planning?

  • ...
2
 37
 4,945

Chapter 7: Off to Sweet Apple Acres!

After the dust settled and school ended, Oreo Mist was approached by the Cutie Mark Crusaders. "Did ya think 'bout becomin' a Crusader?" Applebloom asked excitedly.

Oreo Mist nodded and smiled. "I have, and I am happy to announce the verdict. I hereby declare my response to your offer: the answer is yes, I would like to pledge myself as a Cutie Mark Crusader."

"Really?!" Scootaloo asked in bewilderment.

"Of course!" Oreo Mist replied.

"YAY!!!!" Sweetie Belle squeaked.

Awkward silence.

"Sorry." Sweetie Belle said. "Did I overdo it? I was just so happy!"

"I don't blame you for being happy." Oreo Mist replied. "I'm just as excited as you are!"

"Where didja learn all dat fancy vocabulary?" Applebloom asked.

"My mom knows this stallion that uses fancy words like that." Oreo Mist explained. "Dinky and her mom know him, too. He's called the Doctor. I don't know why he calls himself that. Why 'Doctor'? Doctor....Who?"

"I think I've heard of him." Sweetie Belle said.

"We can talk 'bout that later." Applebloom said. "Right now, we need to prepare for the initiation!"

"You're right!" Scootaloo replied.

"What is requested of me?" Oreo Mist asked.

"For right now, you just need ta come to our clubhouse at Sweet Apple Acres." Applebloom replied.

"Okay!" Oreo mist said. "I should probably inform my mother of my whereabouts first, however."

"That's okay!" Scootaloo said. "We'll see you there!"


Oreo Mist galloped home as fast as she could. "Mom?" she called as she trotted inside.

"Hi, Oreo Mist!" Twilight greeted.

"Greetings, Aunt Twilight." Oreo Mist replied. "Do you know the whereabouts of my mother?"

"She's out running errands." Twilight answered. "You don't have to use such vocabulary, though."

"I'm fully aware of that, but I am afraid it has morphed into a habit." Oreo Mist said.

"There really isn't anything wrong with using higher-level words." Twilight replied. As a librarian, she was proud of Oreo Mist for using such words. "Why don't you tell me about your day?"

"Dear me, it was rather eventful." Oreo Mist began. "First days always are, so I've heard. But I made some friends today, and they want me to go to Sweet Apple Acres."

"Would those friends be the Cutie Mark Crusaders, by any chance?" Twilight asked.

"How did you know?" Oreo Mist questioned.

"Applebloom is my friend Applejack's little sister, as Sweetie Belle is to my friend Rarity." the lavender Unicorn explained.

"Interesting." the white Alicorn filly said. "But today, these two fillies called Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were being mean to the Crusaders, and I got really mad at them...."

"You didn't do anything bad, did you?" Twilight asked worriedly.

"I....really don't know." Oreo Mist said sadly. "My magic just went out of control for some reason and I couldn't stop it...."

"You had a magic surge." Twilight explained. "They're not uncommon for Unicorn and Alicorn fillies your age. I had one when I was first getting into Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns."

"Really?" Oreo Mist asked.

"Really." Twilight said. "I'll never forget that day...."

Twilight snapped herself back to the present. "Tell you what: I'll take you to Sweet Apple Acres. How does that sound?"

"Thank you, Aunt Twilight!" Oreo Mist said, hugging the lavender Unicorn.

"You know you don't have to call me Aunt, right?" Twilight asked.

"I know, but it has become a habit." Oreo Mist replied. "But what are we waiting for? Allons-y!" Oreo Mist trotted toward the door. Twilight inwardly chuckled at the filly's imitation of that strange Doctor Whooves.

Author's Note:

Hey, everypony, sorry for not updating in what most likely feels like five years. My Spring Break is coming up soon, so updates may become more frequent as I won't have to worry about challenging algebra homework! :3