• Published 25th Feb 2014
  • 4,945 Views, 37 Comments

The Tale of Oreo Mist - Rainbow Reshiram



Reshiram's dream message becomes reality when she finds an Alicorn filly in the Everfree Forest. An evil group from Reshiram and Zekrom's world plan to do something with this filly. What kind of evil scheme are they planning?

  • ...
2
 37
 4,945

Chapter 14: Second Chance

Venom Shock levitated a bottle from his belt. The bottle contained a yellow liquid that was actually a potion that allows dimensional teleportation. All you had to do was drink it while imagining the place you wanted to go to. Venom Shock still had a good amount of this potion, but he only needed a little. Once he swallowed some of it down, he was gone.


POP!!

Venom Shock reappeared in the Pokemon world. He made a face. The potion was amazing and useful, but it didn't taste the best. It was a little too spicy and a little to sour. Not a good combination.

At least it works. Venom Shock was right where he needed to be: inside a Pokemon Center. Nobody questioned his sudden appearance. (Thank you, perception filter.) He scanned his surroundings. Judging from the view outside and some of the Pokemon that various Trainers had with them, he was in a Johto Pokemon Center. Not that it mattered what region he was in, but you can't know where you're going if you don't know where you've been.

Venom Shock looked around some more until he found what he was looking for: the PC. He trotted over to it and logged into the Pokemon Storage System. The PC was a little difficult to use with hooves, but Venom Shock had gotten used to it. He had to scroll through a few Boxes until he found the Pokemon he was looking for.

He picked up the Pokeball and looked at it. Inside was one of his first Pokemon. While his Shinx, who has evolved a long time ago, was the cutest blue furball, Vulpix was the cutest red furball. The day Venom Shock got those two Pokemon was the best birthday ever. He smiled at the memories, but that grin was replaced with seriousness. He had a job to do, and there was no need to waste time. He put Vulpix's Pokeball on his belt, drank some more of the potion, and with a pop, he was gone.


"Are you sure about this, Sweetie Belle?" Oreo Mist asked as the two fillies trotted home together.

"Of course I am!" Sweetie Belle replied. "Me, Scootaloo, and Applebloom had a discussion, and we decided that we would each take turns being your personal bodyguard!"

"I appreciate what you are attempting to do, but wouldn't it be a bit dangerous?" Oreo Mist questioned.

"Well, compared to some other things we have done to try and earn our Cutie Marks, not really." Sweetie Belle said.

The white Alicorn filly didn't say anything to that. While the whole bodyguard thing made it a little weird between the Crusaders, she was excited for the sleepover she was escorting Sweetie Belle to. Or maybe to Sweetie Belle, it was the other way around.

"Can we attempt this to be just a fun sleepover and not some kind of crazy bodyguard mission?" Oreo Mist asked as she opened the door to her house.

"Okay, but if you're in any danger at all, I'm going to protect you!" the Unicorn filly replied.

Oreo Mist smiled. "You're a good friend, Sweetie Belle."


Oreo Mist and Sweetie Belle finished their homework and got into their pajamas. The sleepover was officially beginning.

"I'll be right back." Sweetie Belle said. "I'm going to go find some snacks."

"Okay." Oreo Mist said.

When Sweetie Belle trotted out of the room, Oreo was by herself. So she was startled when she heard something tap on the window. She got a stool and looked outside one of the front windows, but she didn't see anything. She decided to open the door and look around.

When she did, she gasped. At the door was a fox. Well, it looked like a fox, anyway. It had a dark red pelt and many tails. It looked at Oreo Mist with two black eyes. It was so cute!!

Oreo Mist reached out a hoof to pet the fox. It was really warm. When she touched it, the fox put a paw on her forehead. Some colorful lights surrounded the white Alicorn filly. Oreo Mist was getting super sleepy. Her eyes closed, and she fell asleep.

The fox, which was actually Venom Shock's Vulpix, howled. Venom Shock trotted out if the bush he was hiding in and levitated the filly onto his back. He returned Vulpix to her Pokeball and began to trot away. Unfortunately for him, the door was still open, and Sweetie Belle had returned with the snacks. The two Unicorns stared at each other for a few seconds while the snacks were placed at the table.

Then, Sweetie Belle screamed.

She attempted to chase after Venom Shock, but being a filly, she wasn't as fast as a full grown stallion. Venom Shock took a sip of the potion and disappeared.

"OREO, NO!!!!" Sweetie Belle screamed.

She fell to the ground in defeat and cried. One of her best friends was gone. Even Celestia may not know what Venom Shock is going to do to her.

As Sweetie Belle cried, she felt a comforting hoof wrap her into a hug. She looked up and saw a tan Unicorn mare with a magenta mane. Sweetie Belle had no idea what this mare was wearing. It looked like a cape, but she was wearing it backwards. The mare also wore some green boots. Her Cutie Mark was a green sword wrapped in leaves.

Reshiram and Zekrom had heard Sweetie Belle's screams and were now outside. Reshiram glanced at the Unicorn mare who was attempting to comfort Sweetie Belle.

"Virizion?" Reshiram asked. Even though she was a pony, Reshiram recognized her friend instantly.

"Hi Reshiram." Virizion said. "Would love to chat, but I'm afraid I have some bad news."

"W-what happened?" Zekrom asked nervously. He had his suspicions about what may have happened.

"I don't know how to sugarcoat it, so I'll just give it to you straight: Venom Shock managed to get Oreo Mist."

Reshiram and Zekrom gasped.

"I-I tried to stop him!" Sweetie Belle said through tears. "I tried to save her, b-but he got away! I'm sorry, Reshiram and Zekrom! I-I'm so sorry! I-I really am...."

"I-It's okay Sweetie Belle." Reshiram was beginning to tear up, too. "You were very brave to try and rescue Oreo."

Zekrom began blurting out questions. "How are we going to get her back? What does that stallion think she's going to do to my daughter?"

"I don't know, but me and my friends will help you get her back."

Reshiram, Zekrom, Virizion, and Sweetie Belle all jumped a little when Twilight spoke. It turned out she was standing there the whole time. Reshiram got over being startled by the lavender Unicorn and gave her a hug. "Thank you." she whispered.

"That doesn't get us any closer to finding a way back to our world." Zekrom said. "I'm confused about how this Team Rocket member ended up here. Even today I'm still confused as to how we ended up in Equestria."

"I think it was Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom that brought you to Equestria." Twilight said. "Weird but interesting things have happened because of the Sonic Rainboom."

"Like what?" Virizion asked.

"When Rainbow Dash first performed the Sonic Rainboom as a filly, she got her Cutie Mark. That Sonic Rainboom was seen by me, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie, and we all got our Cutie Marks that day."

"Wow." Zekrom said.

"Yes, the Sonic Rainboom is pretty magical. So much so that it maybe, just maybe, could open a rift to another dimension." Twilight said.

"Seriously?!" Sweetie Belle squeaked.

"Yes, Sweetie Belle, seriously." Twilight giggled.

"So all we have to do is find the rift?" Reshiram asked.

"Well, actually, there may be more than one rift." Twilight replied. "There have been all kinds of reports from all over Equestria, like Canterlot and Manehattan, involving ponies popping in and saying they are from another world. Plus, only Celestia may know where these rifts are and how long it may take to find them."

"So what do we do?" Sweetie Belle asked sadly.

The five ponies sat down to think. A few minutes later, a voice suddenly said, "I have an idea."

Everypony sitting down looked around to see who spoke. But Reshiram didn't have to look. She knew that voice. That voice had an accent that was all too familiar to her. He may be a little strange, but Reshiram felt that maybe, just maybe, whatever his secret was could help them when help was needed most.

Now couldn't have been a better time for him to show up.

Reshiram turned to her left.

"Doctor?"

Author's Note:

And the award for the laziest updater goes to....ME!

:facehoof:

Yeah, the lack of updates is not algebra this time, but my own gosh darn laziness. :pinkiegasp: :ajsleepy:

I apologize for that.

But never fear, the desire to change is here! Because of a surprising lack of algebra homework, updates may come more often! :pinkiehappy: :raritywink:

That is, if I'm not lazy.

Oh well, guess we'll wait and see.... :derpytongue2: :twilightsheepish:

And for those who still want to throw me in a lava pit for not updating, here is a mustache.

:moustache: