• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 10,654 Views, 1,738 Comments

Crisis of Infinite Twilights - defender2222



When Twilight Sparkles from alternate dimensions begin popping up in Equestria, it is up to Scootaloo to round them all up and find a way to send them home and retrieve her world's Twilight.

  • ...
35
 1,738
 10,654

The Beginning of the End of the Beginning of the End of the End

"Are you going to glare at me for the entire trip?" Boss Twi complained. All of them were in the Time Lord Twilight's time machine, watching as the pony from Gallopfrey worked the levers and dials. Most of them were avoiding touching anything by Kinshy and Cadence couldn’t help… Kinshy because this was a new machine to play with and Cadence because she wanted to find the ‘wibbily leaver’.

"Yes," Nxy said, sticking her tongue out.

Her mother sighed. "Nyx, behave." Mama Twilight glanced over at Scootaloo and her group, then at Time Lord Twilight, pointedly ignoring her daughter who continued to scowl at the gangbangers. "Ok, so explain to me again what is going on."

“I would but I ran out of pamphlets!” Spike bemoaned.

"Oh, it is rather simple," Time Lord (TL) Twilight said. "You see, when Scootaloo here interrupted this world's dimensional..." Seeing the stares she was getting (think the same glazed look Pinkie gets when it takes to long for the glaze she uses on glazed donuts to glaze glaze glaze… mmmm, donut), the Time Lord sighed. "Its timey wimey, ok?

"The point is that if we want to send any of us home, we need to collect every single Twilight out there, get you in the same general area, and then activate a cross dimensional rift that will allowed all of us to warp back to your respective dimensions. Luckily for us, the equipment Miss Kinshy used to transport the rest of the Saints here, combined with the power of this sexy girl here..." TL Twilight rubbed her foreleg against the console, "will be able to generate such a rift. The bits of this world's Twilight that found and brought us here will be pulled from us as we enter the rift, allowing everything to be corrected! The main issue will be gathering all the Twilights but that is almost completely taken care of. All we need to do is launch a counterattack against Nightfall and the League of Evil Twilights, defeat them, and we can open the rift."

Jack stared at the Boss and smirked. "See? That's a plan!"

“Wait, who said anything about attacking evil Twilights?!?” Spike complained.

"That ‘plan’ is no different than what I said! Just... with more stuff and... things." The Boss looked at them all before letting out a huff. "I hate all of you so much."

"I think you are simplifying things a bit too much," Shining said, bandages on all four of his legs. "Every day the number of Twilights that show up is increasing. At first it was one or two but now it seems like dozens are appearing every day!"

"Oh, much more than that," TL Twilight said. "Thousands and thousands of Twilights are appearing."

"Th...thousands?" Spike stammered.

Scootaloo shook her head, trying to wrap her head around that new piece of news. "But that makes no sense... we'd be overrun if there were that many Twilights!"

"Maybe they are hiding at JCPennys!" Cadence exclaimed. "That's what I'd do if I were part of a horde of Cadences!"

"A horde of Cadences..." Chrysalis said with a shiver. "There would be no unhumped surface left in the universe."

"Silly Chryssy!" Cadence said with a laugh before giving her a dare glare. "That's already the case."

"I've already taken care of that issue," TL Twilight stated. "You see, for all of you this has been going on for a month or so... but for me it has been... well... centuries!" The others stared at her but the Time Lord merely laughed. "Ok, maybe not that much, but I have been working behind the scenes, gathering up all the Twilights and placing them someplace safe."

"Are they in the TARDIS?" Shining asked.

"No, I have them stashed somewhere safe where they can be comfy and remain out of harms way. Oh, and this isn't my TARDIS. Only I was brought through the rift, not my sexy girl. No, this is something just as good though." TL Twilight leapt forward so she was standing in front of the assembled group of ponies, changelings, griffins and baby dragons. "I give you the Time Warped In Logistical Interspaced, Generating Hyperspace Travel!"

"...we're in another Twilight, aren't we?" Gilda said dryly.

TWILIGHT fired off her cloister bell in response.

"I'm in my sister," Shining muttered. "Thank Celestia Tydal isn't here... I'd never hear the end of it!"

"This is all well and good and kinda disturbing but I'd like to know when we get to the killing things part of the evening," Rainbow Gat said.

"I'm afraid you can't kill anything, my murderous friend," TL Twilight said.

"Oh, I can kill many things," Gat replied.

"Failed to kill Shining Armor," Cadence pointed out.

"Sweetie, please don't make them think that's a challenge," Shining said nervously.

"Don't worry, Shining Armor!" Chrysalis declared. "I will protect you with my sexy body!"

Rider (aka Space Twlight) glanced at the Doctor Twilight and frowned. "What exactly would happen if one of the other Twilights was killed."

"Well, since pulling you out of your relative dimensions has caused an influence of chaostrons... I'd say that it would cause a chain reaction that would result in all of space and time collapsing. The end result would be a dimension where all ponies had more rounded noses, shaggier manes, smaller eyes, and thicker bodies. Oh, and someone named Sandy Duncan would be hanging around more... I think she replaced Derpy Hooves." TL Twi tapped a button on the console. “Here... here is what we'll all look like if that comes to pass."

"No... no god no!" Scootaloo screamed.

“BLAARRRGHHH!” Spike vomited up several rubies at the sight.

"Would there tons of merchandise and cross-promotion?" Chrysalis said nervously.

"I think there would be toys that involve brushing manes..."

Boss Twilight's eyes went wide with terror. "This is more serious than I thought." She turned to her gang. "No killing, you hear me? If one of you kill another me and I get turned into some cheesy ugly pony thing I will rip your jugular out with my fat muzzle!"

"Ok, so we are all in agreement that we need to end this now before that future becomes real?" Shining asked. When everypony nodded he set his jaw firm. "Now, the question of the hour is how we go about defeating The League of Evil Twilights."

"We could perform a power ballad with our Rainbow Rocks Guitars, only 19.99 at your local Wal-Mart!" Human Twilight offered.

The others just stared at her blankly.

"What?"

"You go stand in the corner and think about what you did wrong," TL Twilight said darkly.

"I hate her and everything about her," Spike muttered.

"I'm use to that!" Human Twilight exclaimed.

"I have a better idea," Scootaloo said. "You said the League was attacking BUTTS, right? Well..." She leaned towards them and began to quickly whisper.

The others stared at her in confusion. "All you just said was 'whisper whisper whisper' really quietly," Cadence pointed out.

"Wait, so I actually have to say something? I thought this was one of those deals where I begin to say things but then there is a screen wipe and we cut to the next scene."

"Did... did you just break the fourth wall?" Spike asked.

~Meanwhile, in Canterlot...~

"You ok, buddy?" Logic Point of the Royal Guard asked.

Wall Breaker frowned. "Sorry... I just got the oddest feeling that somepony stole my bit." He shook his head. "Anyway, where were we?"

"Being held hostage by us," Twiock said coldly, smacking Wall Breaker with one of her tentacles.

"Oh yeah..."

"Silence!" Nightfall said, her fangs gleaming as she looked over the agents of BUTTS. "You all thought you were so prepared for me, didn't you? You never imagined for a moment that while you achieved your little victories against the Changeling Twilight and the Twilight Twilight that I was gathering more allies!"

"They were quite foolish," Twibane said as she opened the cells and released Changeling and Twilight Twilights from their cells. "But now they shall see that we are far ahead of them. Canterlot will belong to us and the citizens shall happily submit to anarchy and chaos as we strip away all sense of rule."

Nightfall smiled darkly and muttered, under her breath, "At least until MY rule is established."

"Do you honestly think you are going to get away with this?" Night Light asked, glaring at the villainess that was wearing his daughter's face.

The dark mare merely laughed. "Who is going to stop me? Thanks to your security systems... and the 'help' of this new friend-" Hacker Twilight, who had been spending the last few days playing around in BUTTS's servers, glared at her captor. "-I have complete control of your building. All the heroic Twilights are securely locked up while my League of Evil Twilights now swells in numbers! With this new base of operations we will take control of this Equestria and then move on to new dimensions and new worlds till all the multiverse belongs to us!"

"You know, I've head a lot of crazy plans... but that one really takes the cake." It wasn't Night Light that spoke those words but Scootaloo, who rounded a corner and entered the main control hub of the Buerau, glaring at the wicked Nightfall.

"Oh look, you actually decided not to flee and to face me. How brave... how stupid."

"You would know about stupid, wouldn't you?" Scootaloo said with a cocky smirk. "Give up now and I might let you get off without any broken bones."

"Oh, isn't that just sweet?" Delirium said, appearing beside Nightfall wearing a replica of a fez. "I was so hoping that something interesting would happen."

Twiock nodded, her tentacles snapping in delight at the thought of taking out Scootaloo. Changeling Twilight also moved to join the group, as did Twilight Twilight (though no one really wanted to stand next to her). "We have over 100 evil Twilights who've been collected by this Bureau who stand beside us... what makes you think you have anything that could match out might?"

"Just one thing," Scootaloo said with a smile.

"And that would be?" Nightfall asked, rolling her eyes.

"A double agent."

Before Nightfall could ask what Scootaloo was getting at she was struck by a bolt of magic that sent her flying. The dark magic mare picked herself up and snarled in outrage, staring down the member of her League that had dared to fire upon her.

"What?" Twilight Twilight said blandly as Changeling Twilight shot off several more green magical blasts. "Ow."

"Traitor!" Twibane yelled. "I shall break you!"

"You're welcome to try," Changeling Twilight said. "You were all so ready to believe me to be evil... and I'll admit that the other changeling Twilight didn't help matters. But on my world, even though I am not the pony I believed myself to be, I still fight for friendship and harmony!" Her horn glowed and all the cells that Nightfall had locked up tight suddenly swung open. "I am Princess Amaryllis and in the name of the Heroic Twilights of Equestria I accept your surrender!"

Nightfall laughed, her eyes flashing as she teleported every new member of her League into the main grand room of the the Bureau. "You think you can stop me?" She demanded, flanked by Sith Twilight (complete with black armor), Twiliroth the One-Winged Pony, Twibane, Twiock, Delirium, a Twilight wearing a hockey mask and holding a machete, Drusparkle, the Mistress of Vampires, and Twilight Twilight. Behind them a mob of evil, murderous Twilights gathered, ready to inflict bloodshed and mayhem on all those that opposed them. "You think you can stop my ARMY?"

"Yeah, I think we can," Scootaloo said, moving to stand beside Princess Amaryllis and Princess Aurora, Dusk Shine, Twilimus, Zapapple, Twicora, Sparkle-san, Lantern Twi, Seafoam, Skyburst, and all the other freed Twilights. "Captain Sparkle, NOW!"

"Read you loud and clear!" Captain Sparkle said as she and Rider opened the main bay doors, revealing Princesses Celestia, Luna, and Cadence, Queen Chrysalis, Shining Armor, Lord Tydal, Spike, Discord, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, both The Doctor and Time Lord Twilight, Derpy Hooves and Dinky (who thought that the mob was waiting to use the bathroom) and the Ponyville Saints.

"Remember, you can't kill," Shining said. "But maiming is alright."

"Sweet," The Boss and Tydal said at the same time.

Twicora twirled her staff. "I wish that you could be my friend... but if we fight it will be your end."

"I'll tear you limb from limb, you magic-using degenerate!" Twiock declared.

"Thy shall fall, villains! By Celestia's Beard thy shall!" Twilight, Norse Goddess of Thunder told Twiloki, Goddess of Mischief.

"YO JOE!" Book Worm of GI Pony cried out. In response to that, the half-pony, half-timberwolf known as Were-Sparkle let out a howl and looked upon the heroic Twis, salivating at the thought of tearing into them.

"Whatever happens... stay with me," Faith said, flaring out his wings. "I'll protect you."

"I'll protect myself, thank you," Abstract Twi said with a smirk.

Twipool, who'd managed to escape her restraints, checked her guns before rolling her neck. "Oh, this is going to be fun!" Twiku, dressed in orange baggy pants, narrowed her eyes as her main suddenly stuck straight up and turned blonde, energy radiating from her now muscular form. "Very fun!" Twipool declared.

"Oh, I am going to enjoy this," Discord said, cracking his knuckles, eying up Delirium.

"Don't make me destroy you again, my old teacher," Darth Twilight told Celestia, activating her lightsaber.

“You will never claim the heart of this world, heartless!” Twiblade, wielder of the Keyblade, declared.

"We're gonna get our Twi back even if we have ta break all your legs and throw ya in a burlap sack!" Applejack shouted.

“Me curse will be lifted when I bath in yar blood!” Twilight the Dread, scourge of the Seven Seas declared, swinging her cutlass.

"ARES!" Twitos, Spartan general bellowed, swinging the Blades of Friendship.

"Mmmm... brave but foolish," Twiliroth, the one-winged pony stated, pulling out her massive katana. "And futile."

“This whole escalation is faster than Derpy Flannigan’s dog, nooch” Tee told her new hetreo-lifemate, Silent Twi.

The two armies stood eying each other up, waiting to see who would make the first move.

And then a single Twilight, dressed in ancient battle armor and with a great long sword held aloft by her magic, took a single step forward, separating herself from the rest of the Heroic Twilights. Aurora moved to stop her but caught herself and merely paused, watching as this Twilight who’d been found by the Time Lord Twilight turned back to them and smiled softly. All the Heroic Twilight’s watched Twiligorn, the one true Queen of Gondor, nodded her head.

“…for Twilight.”

And with that she charged towards Nightfall, her blade drawn. Twiley, who’d somehow managed to sneak into the main group, was the second to rush forward. With a roar the Heroic Twilights of Equestria charged, joined by the God Squad, the Elements of Harmony and the Saints. The League of Evil Twilights rushed forward as well, throwing everything they had at their opponents.

High above the battle, a Twilight dressed in a brown trench coat, fedora, and with a white abstract mask looked down upon them and scoffed. "War begins. Fate of all in hooves of few. This city fears me, I've seen its true face. All the mares and stallions will look up and shout 'Save us'. And I'll whisper... 'Friendship is Magic'."