• Published 21st Aug 2013
  • 11,520 Views, 367 Comments

Equestria meets the Vasto Lorde. - Phoenix Archangel



When an amnesiac Hollow appears in Equestria, will it spell destruction? Or something unexpected?

  • ...
32
 367
 11,520

Slaughter! Dragon's Scale is broken?

Some time later...

The quiet of the forest was broken when I landed in a skidding crater, the sound sending all the animals, asleep or not, scurrying for better shelter. Looking around, I realised I must've been held captive longer than I thought, as when that purple unicorn had betrayed me it was still night. Now, as I stared around me at silent, spacious trees, early morning light illuminated everything. I still felt the manacles on my ankles, wrists and horns, though vaguely, but I wasn't in the mood to deal with them.

'A single 'Sonido', I thought as I picked a random direction that wasn't towards Ponyville, Just a single one got me this far?

After some minutes, I felt more calm after my escape. The silence of the forest itself, mixed with various notes of birdsong, was doing something to improve my mood.

*Crack-splat*

Until it was broken again, by that sound and several voices laughing. I flicked my eyes between the path I was taking, and the direction to the voices that were now talking excitedly. In the end, I felt I had nothing better to do, so I strode over to them, cutting down bushes that were in my way. Reaching the clearing, I saw about seven reptilian creatures, that stood on their back legs and had horns and wings, standing in a circle looking at something on the ground while exclaiming things about it. I ignored the babble as I began walking closer.

One of them, a lightish blue with a heavy build, thick tail, small wings and dark blue fins, looked up as I approached before directing one of its friends attention to me, grabbing all of theirs in the process. The friend in question looked up at me, befuddlement on its red scaled face before it twisted into a sneer.

"Hey, whatcha want, freak?" he, judging by the voice, shouted, his friends chuckling darkly as I stepped closer, all of them rising as I came near. As they stood, I saw that they were laughing at a broken egg, its contents soaking into the ground. Looking back up at them, I snorted derisively before turning and walking away. Or tried to, as the brown, fat one landed in front of me. Looking around, I saw them surrounding me in a loose circle with the red that spoke earlier in the middle.

"Hey, I asked you a question, freak," he spat as he came right up to me, looking down as he was about a foot and a half taller, "And I don't remember you answering."

My answer was simple; "Get lost before I kill you." This, strangely, sent the creatures laughing.

"Don't you know what we are, punk?" the red asked, chuckling, "We're Dragons; there's no way you can harm us! On the other hand... Hey, Crush, why not show this freak to not mess with us?" Crush, the heavy blue that noticed me, gave a stupid grin as he loped towards me. Before grabbing one of my horns and smashing his fist into my body. I blinked at the impact, to the shock of all present, while his hand gave a nasty crunch followed by a pained scream.

I sighed, before grabbing his now broken hand at the wrist and lifting it with my left hand, before saying, "Now, I think that THIS," I stabbed my sword into the ground before winding my right back slightly, "Is how it's meant to go." Thrusting my hand forward and up while stepping forward, it smashed into Crush. And reappeared in a spray of blood out of his back, up to my shoulder piercing the dragon. Stepping back, I pulled my arm out of his body, letting the corpse fall to the ground with a tremor-inducing thud. Flicking my arm to the side to rid it of blood, grimacing unseen as it soaked the tuft of fur on my wrist, I picked my sword up once more.

"That... that... that..." spluttered the red, who seemed angry and afraid, "That's impossible! Nothing can get past dragon scales! Boulder, get him!" The fat brown behind me launched at me as I browsed who would be dumb enough to 'get' me. Twitching my head to the side to view the approaching mass attempting to tackle me, I raised my blade, took a half step to turn my body sideways to the martyr and brought it down in a short arc.

The dragon fell to either side of me, a mist of blood hanging momentarily in the air from the slash as his organs slithered out or fell with a splat from both halves. Turning back to the still shocked, and now horrified, group, I asked a simple question, "Who's next." As one, all but the shell-shocked red charged at me.

'How ya gonna handle this?' Instinct lazily asked.

'Quickly,' I replied, 'But not too quick.'

A charging, skinny purple, blonde hair covering his eyes (I had decided at this point to just label them males), went to body slam me with his dark green, and more muscle-bound, friend. I intercepted by ducking to my right before slamming the claws of my left hand into the dark green, said claws sprouting from his back as his ribs caved under the force of my attack. Clenching my claws around what flesh I had, I spun to the left and flung his body into an approaching, tall beige that was knocked back by the cadaver. Continuing my spin, I raised my blade before sending it clean through a dark grey with a large chest that was attempting to crush me from above. Hitting the ground caused his corpse to split diagonally from the hip to the shoulder, a hand flopping away with blood splashing from the wrist.

Twisting the other way with a jump, I struck out with a kick that bent the approaching beige in half, the clear sound of his spine snapping music to my ears despite having kicking him in the stomach, blood, bile and saliva flying out his mouth as he flew backwards into a tree that fell onto him, only to be destroyed when I launched a Cero at it, the beige's burnt carcass rolling a few more metres before smoking on the grass. Turning back to the purple, who was now trying to run away, I threw my sword at him. In seconds, it caught up to him to pierce clean through his head and carry him to a thick tree several metres away where the blade sank into the wood until it stopped, partially crushing the dragons head between the tree and the guard.

Hearing the sound of wings, I looked to see the red flapping away in abject terror. Raising my hand, my sword responded to my call as it let the purple fall to the ground, blood streaming from its flight until it snugly fit into my hand as I threw it into an arc.

"Getsuga Tenshou!" I yelled, a spiralling wave of red-edged black flames racing through the sky to consume the red's right leg and left arm, as well as both wings at different points, sending him screaming from the sky to slam solidly into the ground. I walked over to him, the fire my Cero caused, spreading to the forest around us, at my back giving me a demonic look. Reaching where he was pitifully trying to crawl away, I kicked him onto his back before reversing the grip on my blade and holding it above his throat, stepping onto his chest to press him into the ground.

Ignoring his begging pleas, I rose the blade higher and higher, until I surged it down into his thro-

Don't do it, ********!

In an instant, my vision changed to a shaky, static-y view of a white ground, some kind of creature below me, as the dragon was, and a white void was holding my arm, faint outlines showing fingers.

If you do this, you'll ***** be one of ****, the void said, It's enough!

Jerking my head in shock at my vision, I looked down to see that my sword pierced the ground. The dragon's eyes opened shakily, glancing between my blade and me in terror and utter confusion. Pulling my sword out of the ground, I turned and continued walking the way I was heading, leaving the forest to burn.

As I lengthened my walk into a stride, I absent-mindedly noted that I was much calmer than when I'd landed in the forest.

==========================

Garble couldn't believe it. How could a day of egg smashing have turned into this.... monster turning up and killing them all so easily before letting him live?

Grunting, he looked down his wounds before spraying fire on his leg and arm, cauterising the wound shut. Flipping himself over, he angled his serpentine head back as much as possible before repeating the process to his wings. Looking back ahead, he swallowed everything he had as he left his friends' bodies, dragging himself one claw at a time to the place he hated most. And in doing so, hating that monster with everything in him for not only killing his friends and disabling him, but forcing him to do something he loathed the idea of doing.

He, Garble, a proud and mighty dragon, was going to Ponyville, home of the weak, prissy ponies and Spike... for help.

Author's Note:

Yeah, yeah, I know I said that the next chapter would take a while. This is what my brain woke up to this morning, so I figured, 'Eh, why the hell not. Beats losing it.'

... Well that, and I felt in the mood to write some slaughter. Strange for a morning, to be honest....

So, hope you enjoyed, and I'll cya's next chapter!

Shout out to Soul Eater!