• Published 21st Aug 2013
  • 11,519 Views, 367 Comments

Equestria meets the Vasto Lorde. - Phoenix Archangel



When an amnesiac Hollow appears in Equestria, will it spell destruction? Or something unexpected?

  • ...
32
 367
 11,519

Everfree Battle; The Night and the Hollow!

Last time, in Equestria meets the Vasto Lorde

"Wait!-" Was all I could say before she blasted me with some sort of attack. It was almost like a Cero, but not as intense. Whatever it was, I was lifted off my feet for a few feet, before shoving my clawed toes back into the soil. I still skidded back a few more metres, though.

When I looked back at my now opponent, she had wide eyes at my brushing her attack off so easily before spreading her wings wide and flew towards me, a sword of blue light suddenly being made and floating ahead with its tip stabbing towards me.

I jerked my head to the right, allowing the strange sword to pass my head and through my hair, before stepping forward and slamming my left fist into the attackers chest, or at least what passed for it, sending the winged, horned creature soaring back into a tree with an explosion of splinters, all strangely moving around her. I hoped I'd not killed her, but my fears were eased when she groaned and shook her head. Said fears were immediately turned to concern when I saw her horn light up before she sent a blast at me.

========================

Luna couldn't believe her eyes when the monster had not only withstood her initial attack, without a scratch no less, but also struck back with enough force to warrant a shield spell to minimise the damage of her landing. Shaking her head to rid herself of the stars that spun in her eyes, she spotted the monster staring at her and, assuming it must be thinking of the best way to kill her, sent another, stronger Class F Solid Force spell to send him flying.

Only to see him barely skid a few feet.

========================

Twilight was shocked at what she was seeing - This creature had not only fought and killed an Ursa Major, but also took two F Class offensive spells, spells that would shatter the magically strengthened stone of Canterlot Castle, without any damage.

Not to mention that it'd punched Luna, of course.

But something was off from when they spied on it. It had been looking around rapidly, with its sword in hand, before they turned up. Twilight could only ask herself, why?

========================

As the dust settled from the Blue's (as I chose to nickname her) last attack, I decided I'd enough of this.

"Oi." That one word got Blue's attention quickly.

"If you want to continue," I said, seeing her stand up on momentarily shaky legs, "you're gonna get hurt." Her eyes narrowed at this as she let out a scoff.

"Nay, monster," Blue spat, "It will be thee who shalt be harmed most severely."

I narrowed my eyes at her, before replying, "Have it your way." With that, I leaned forward before charging into a sprint. She responded by flapping her wings to get above and behind me, her weird sword reappearing out of nowhere before she swung it down to my head. Spinning around, I raised my own to meet hers in a clash of blue and yellow sparks before parrying it and striking myself. She attempted to defend in the same manner I had, but found herself tumbling backwards from the force of my swing. Recovering just before landing on the ground, she rose her head in time to propel herself backwards to dodge my sweeping slash, throwing her sword forward. I grabbed it in one hand and held it as I swung my blade to slash her chest, blood spraying from the gash before she slammed a hoof into my face that forced me to let go of her blade as I stumbled back from the unexpected blow.

With a toss of her head she sent her blade at me once more, and again our blades spat sparks of blue and yellow. We continued in this fashion for minutes, me always forcing her back with each swing, until she dodged a vicious upward swing of mine and riposted with a slash. Raising my blade to intercept, I found it wrapped in a blue aura, the same colour, I noticed, that Blue's horn was glowing this entire fight, before her sword slammed into my left shoulder. With a tightened jaw and narrowed eyes, her focus was flickering between my arm and her blade which caused my arm to inch towards her. I wasn't expecting her to release my arm any time soon, so when she ducked down and released it my swing went clear over her head. Rearing up, she stomped both hooves, now glowing with magic, on her blade at my shoulder, forcing it to the muscle, before giving a mighty push down.

Only for it to spark as the blade shattered. Staring at the spot that she'd attacked, she slowly turned her gaze to me.

"Oh, fuck," she whispered before I launched myself at her once again with an overhead slash that she attempted to block with a new sword, only to find it shatter into pieces. Eyes wide in shock and new desperation, a translucent, blue sphere covered her body before my blade slammed against it and drove it into the ground, a cloud of dust billowing up from the impact, which was quickly blown away as Blue flapped her wings and took to the skies. She continued her ascent before turning and, with a moment of charging that left her eyes glowing and mane and tail floating with star-like lights within, sent a barrage of blue-white bolts the size of my head down at me. Staring up at the raining attacks, I heard the same sound as when I was fighting that bear earlier just as the first bolt slammed into the ground.

========================

Luna breathed a little hard as she gazed down on her handiwork, the several dozen bolts throwing up dust clouds with each impact. 'There's no way that monster could have survived,' she thought, as the last one struck.

And then something crashed into her back, right between her wings, sending her rocketing towards the ground at incredible speeds. Turning back in terror, she saw the monster crouching on her back before it kicked off with both clawed feet, causing her to shatter the sound barrier before slamming into the ground, the sound-wave clearing the dust cloud in a ring. Forcing herself to stand back up on shivering knees, she looked back up at the creature still falling, before closing her eyes in preparation of her most powerful spell.

========================

'I gotta figure out how to do that,' I thought, as I fell, in a crouching position, 'That sound-speed thing could come in handy.'

'Sonido, dumba- WATCH IT!' Instinct interrupted himself as Blue's horn started glowing a deep blue before what looked to be night-blue lightning shot from it at me. Before I could react, my head shot forward before charging the laser attack almost instantly before releasing.

Red and blue met in a purple clash that was evenly matched. Then a few seconds later, the beam obliterating through the lightning and struck Blue as well as the ground she stood on, causing a fiery explosion that was equal to the one with the bear.

Landing on the ground in a small crater, I looked at the smoke, before swinging my blade towards it, causing it to billow away and disperse almost immediately. Staring at the bottom of the large crater, I spotted Blue, out cold, before I heard a noise that took my attention off her.

========================

Twilight cautiously poked her head out of the brush, before gasping at the sight of the battlefield. A quick glance around located the creature standing by a crater looking down into it. Without hesitation, Twilight lit up her horn and teleported herself, with a *BAMF*, near the edge of the crater to lay horrified eyes on Princess Luna. Her coat was burnt, some sections burnt away to reveal seared skin, with a grievous slash across her chest. Scratches and cuts covered her wings and legs, with feathers bent, missing or burnt away. There were nasty gashes over her head that leaked blood, one of her eyes were heavily bruised and Twilight suspected some cracked bones. Suddenly feeling eyes on her, she turned to look up at the creature that held its blade ready.

Backing away nervously, she stuttered, "Um, I-I w-won't hu-hurt y-you, I p-promise." To her surprise, the creature simply stared at her a moment before relaxing its grip. Glancing back to the injured Luna, she began calculating the distance to Ponyville's hospital.

"She needs help, doesn't she?" That sentence knocked Twilight out of her thoughts as she stared up at the strange voiced creature. She'd likened its voice to something Vinyl Scratch'd produce. Then she caught its eyes. The glowing yellow did little to dissuade her from the thought that the creature didn't want to hurt Luna this badly.

"Yes, but I don't know if I can get us to Ponyville Hospital. It's kinda far from here and Luna is in no shape to travel," Twilight answered, looking down at the ground. A sliding sound alerted her to the creature that was skidding down the craters embankment to the still figure of Luna, before it picked her up easily.

========================

Shifting Blue gently into a more comfortable position, I jumped back up to the lip of the crater where the other stood waiting.

'Tch, you wanna help 'em? After they attacked ya?' Instinct asked, a metaphorical eyebrow raised.

'I didn't meant to hurt her that bad. I'm to blame for her injuries, and you are to blame for the fight in the first place,' I replied, snapping the last part.

'Yeah, I am, aren't I?' Instinct laughed, 'But, she wasn't too bad. So, fine. Let's help these two.'

'And how are we gonna get to this 'Ponyville'?' I asked, sceptical of Instinct.

'Guess,' he shot back with a smug smirk, 'Now, pick up Purple, and jump.'

Confused, I did as he said, startling the little pony when we found ourselves miles above the ground.

'Now, land on the air.'

'HOW THE HELL AM I MEANT TO DO THAT?!' I roared back.

'Look down.' Despite my misgivings, I looked down at the ground speeding towards us, the little equine under my left arm screaming. 'Now, think of standing on stone.' As I followed the instruction, with no shortage of confusion, we slowed until we stood just above the treetops.

Thanking Instinct, I looked around until a cluster of lights at the edge of the forest caught my eye.

"That it, this 'Ponyville'?" I asked the still terrified pony, who looked up from staring at the trees and empty air below up, looked at the same cluster and nodded. Before hanging her head and throwing up, just missing my foot.

'Now, I ain't gonna bother tellin' ya the next part, so here.' As Instinct finished, I winced as a brief headache ripped through my head as, with a burst of static, we appeared over the town. I blinked the spots away from my eyes as I slowly became aware of the knowledge Instinct evidently shared with me. Looking down at my passengers, the purple one had glazed eyes, and, if not for them shifting around, I'd have thought she fainted.

Asking the purple one for directions, which were mumbled dazedly, I found myself above a building with a red cross on the front. Walking to the ground, I placed them both down, Purple staggering before shaking herself awake. Turning away, I planned to go get help when something forced my head forward and caused me to feel a little tired. Spinning around, I saw Purple back away with a nervous look when I felt something on my leg. Looking down, I met the half-opened eye of Blue as her horn glowed. I was instantly overcome by waves of lethargy as I stared into the eye.

"Now, Twilight!" she called, and both her and 'Twilight' launched bolts that struck both the front and back, knocking me out of the strange trance, and feeling like the bear had slammed my head between its paws. I stumbled back and forth dizzily, until a muted cry made me look into the sky and into the pair of cyan hooves that slammed into my face, knocked me off my feet and slammed the back of my head into the ground. I saw naught but black after that.

========================

Rainbow Dash rolled on the ground in agony. 'Celestia damn it, that's a tough head!' she managed to think, as her hind legs felt shattered from the speed-filled buck she'd delivered. Twilight picked herself up from where she collapsed on the ground out of magical exhaustion, having spent almost everything in that last knock-out spell. Staggering drunkenly to the doors, she immediately caught the attention of the nurse that was quivering behind her desk when she collapsed onto the tiled floor with a thump, groaning, "Please... out...side... help..." before she succumbed to the bliss of unconsciousness.

Author's Note:

So, I know that at least one to two people won't be happy with the ending, but it is what it is. Just know that I need it this way for the story to continue the way I've got it planned.

Don't forget to check out the revamped First Chapter, leave your thoughts on it, and expect Chapter Two for some revision before the next chapter.

Check here for the voice sound.